11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Ermachko
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-11-15 00:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Glad to see your still there Senky!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-11-15 07:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Well I got one more paper to write before I'm done with work until the end of year. 9 pages on the Bretton Woods system for Chinese university kids to learn about.

I know people asked me before awhile ago, but since March I can stand at any major train station in Belgrade here and watch all the Syrian refugees pour through all day. Took MSM like 6 months to catch up to that news.

Anyway caught this in the news.

Quote:
The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee in several European countries last month, authorities said.

The man, identified by Serbian authorities only by his initials A.A., came into Europe through the Greek island of Leros, where he was processed on Oct. 3, Greek officials said on Saturday. He was among 70 refugees who arrived on a small vessel from Turkey.

Serbian authorities said on Sunday the same man had been registered at a border crossing from Macedonia into Serbia a few days later.

The information is significant because if one or more of the Paris gunmen turned out to have come into Europe among refugees and migrants fleeing war-torn countries, this could change the political debate about accepting refugees.

"One of the suspected terrorists, A.A., who is of interest to the French security agencies, was registered on the Presevo border crossing on October 7 this year, where he formally sought asylum," the Serbian interior ministry said in a statement.

"Checks have confirmed that his details match those of the person who on October 3 was identified in Greece. There was no Interpol warrant issued against this person."

A spokeswoman for the Croatian interior ministry said the man was registered in the country's Opatovac refugee camp on Oct. 8 and from there he crossed into Hungary and then Austria.

"There was no (police) record about him at the time of registration and there was no reason for us to stop him in any way," she said.

Austrian Interior Ministry spokesman Karl-Heinz Grundboeck said however the assertion that the suspect attacker had passed through Austria had "no concrete basis."

"According to the latest information available, that is no more than conjecture and speculation," he said.

Any identity documents and fingerprint records would have to be matched with the remains of the attackers to establish whether they passed through various countries posing as refugees, or perhaps bought or stole passports along the way.

Greek government sources said a second suspect attacker was also likely to have passed through Greece.

Following the Paris bloodshed, populist leaders around Europe have rushed to demand a halt to an influx of refugees and migrants from the Middle East and Africa. Poland said it could not accept migrants under EU quotas without security guarantees.

Human Rights Watch's Emergency Director Peter Bouckaert said on Twitter the Syrian passport found may have been fake, adding such fake documents are widely available for sale in Turkey.

"The answer to the Paris attacks and the possibility that one of the attackers came by rubber dinghy to Greece... is not to shut the door on those desperately fleeing war," he said, calling for Europe to put in place a coherent asylum policy that would both help those on need and address security concerns raised by uncontrolled flows.

"People fleeing war need refuge. And trying to build fences and stopping them at sea only drives them deeper into the hands of criminal gangs, and drives them underground where there is no control over who comes and goes."
Holder of Syrian passport found in Paris attack was asylum seeker

My main editor lives in Paris too. He was telling me some crazy stories last night, wow.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-15 07:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
9 pages
Not yet, good sir. Not yet.
[+]
By haorhu2 2015-11-15 07:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Dear France,

Sorry we created the worst extremist group seen in decades.

Love,
The USA.
Np lol, like you we sell guns and dead device since long time.
We also goes to other country to "make the peace" and "refresh democratie"
we are very similar as USA on all this points, we just forget to take care more about us before manage other's probléme.
i don't talk about saoudian and katar ppl, they are in other world ...

No, don't be like the US.

Your people (at least in Paris) are not like the Americans too, and never should be.

That being said I love Paris.

No one is its to blame 'im french i live near paris the only things we have to blame its that's people are crazy and jealous about us in the world not only in french they to extend our crazy to us but i will never work we hare the world we are humans ! SO LETS FIGHT US *

Ps: Plz american press stop troll my press and keep your fking break/news (fox news) BACK OFF
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-15 08:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
So much wrong with this it is not even funny.

First of all these people operate on idealogy, which is bullet and bombproof. It is impossible to eradicate it this way or even these people this way as they would go underground and into the mountains, etc if need be.

It didn't work in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and it won't work here. It only makes it worse. You can't stop movements with violence. It just galvanizes the people, and the same works in the inverse.

Not to mention that you completely lose your humanity and become even worse than those who you are retaliating against. Causing many times more pain, suffering, and misery than those who first harmed you.

The French are a proud people and are have a history of pulling through. They will pull through just like any nation that falls victim to terrorism. But, a war of terror is never the answer and only makes it worse. Blah blah whole world blind, etc you get it.

The KKK didn't lose power from violence, and nor will Islamic extremism.
We are not at war with ISIS we are at war with the ideology of ISIS.

Here, put it this way. The answer to 9/11 was the wars in Iraq (nothing to do with it!) and Afghanistan. These wars are pretty much responsible for the attack in Paris yesterday. Radical Islam was accelerated. Every family member lost due to war breeds anger and resentment. Extremist groups use this to grow. It is simply cause and effect.
ISIS is directly born from leaving the quagmire.
As a note, I'm not saying we should do 1:1 what is listed, I'm saying we need to find something half way that is actually efficient.

If you wipe every single one of them, the idealogy would disappear. Remove freedom from your citizens, track them everywhere and anywhere, ruin their mountains, use any weapon you can that will target and eradicate them.

You have an idea that isn't being a vegetable while not doing 1:1 what I'm saying? That'd exactly the point of my first comment, to find something efficient that isn't extreme.

Iraq #1 was good, US just Mc Fuk'dup by going back where they should have never went back (same for any other country involved). But that was already mentioned.
Afghanistan was retardation, Vietnam was full retard, you don't need to be American to loath the government that imposed this ***to their citizens.

These people aren't humans, why do you insist on staying human? Also, the humanity is only given up for a short time, we go back to carebears after we're done removing cancer.
The point is to be efficient, to have an impact. If I'm given the chance to solve the issue that is terrorism at the cost of my humanity or life, I'd do it in a heartbeat, because I want results and my loss is a joke compared to the win.

I don't know what you mean by pulling through. We've been pretty impacted by this specific attack. I won't walk in the main train station of my city as peacefully as I did Friday morning from now on. I'm still fully trusting my fellow Muslim/Arabs citizens, I'm feeling rather safe considering my city's special trait but I'm not feeling safe regarding a possible random guy that will think that blowing up Saint Charles is a good idea.
People will keep living, for the simple reason that we have to. If I stay home because I'm scared of being bombed, nobody will give me money, nobody will put food in my plate. I have to go, everyone has, and I will not think too much about it because it's simply not the kind of person I am, but I don't understand that whole "get through". There is nothing to get through, nothing changes, nothing changed. The only people that will have to move on through something are the people directly involved, the victims, not even the police or army.

The second war in Iraq was not so good. I remember being heavily against everything that happened from Afghanistan to Libya and whatever is going on nowadays. If I was older I may have been just as much against what happened before.
No need for quagmire, systematically eradicate them, leave no stone unturned. If you have a half way solution, then it's even better. We avoid the extreme bombing that won't solve anything while still moving away from the drone jokes and the waste of time that is diplomacy.

We have terrorist groups in France, but you rarely hear about them, like VERY rarely. If anything, drug "debt settling" in my city are the biggest thing happening in the whole country and even then, I'm not even worried one bit about being a collateral damage of it.

I accept there will be casualties/innocent death, but when we're talking a few/hundred/thousand I'd like to take the option that keeps it to a minimum, not go on a genocidal rampage which is what you're Literally suggesting.

The 2 organisations I posted where more for examples of, what happens if they stop being small time and get big? You completely and utterly missed the point.

Your comment about tactical and surgical strikes not working is wrong, we've literally put our toe in the water and gone "OMGAWD we dun good" when we did a half arsed job of even that.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-15 18:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ermachko said: »
Glad to see your still there Senky!
Hello! I'll most likely log back on within a couple weeks to finish the story/enjoy the game casually now that my new pace has settled down.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Wall
My issue is that nothing is happening. I mean, sure, in 10 years, you'll be able to collect data that will give you a X% efficiency. But this % will always be too low.

Without going full utopia and saying I'd like a 100% efficiency to be reached, I would really love to see it go above the single digit % that it's flirting with right now.

Your definition of working/efficiency probably differ from mine. Without supporting it and it being nigh impossible since we are held down by laws that we follow but that daesh etc doesn't, after 9/11, there should have been a systematic and complete annihilation of the region. Here, simple. There are many reasons that decide if an OP is a success of not, being 50/50 is one of them. Daesh is allowed to go big or go home as they ***on everything we stand for, we aren't due to laws we follow (what makes us humans). See the issue here? You're trying to fight people with bombs while using sleep slingshots. It's full retard no matter how you put it.

Regarding the mountain comment, why would you use Goku when you can simply use a short range chemical weapon or simply bomb it. I mean, you guys are underestimating the power we've reached without going full Atomic and above.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-15 18:34:09
Link | Citer | R

after 9/11, there should have been a systematic and complete annihilation of the region
What exactly do you mean by this?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-15 18:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Genocide: The Only Obvious Option

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-15 19:35:20
Link | Citer | R

It's been like that for all soccer games here. Most people also know how to sing the french anthem so it was pretty suggestive.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-15 19:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Nevermind, I back-read and saw the insanity that he really meant to propose genocide as a solution. I just didn't see it coming from Senkyuu tbh.

Maybe he's still in shock, maybe he lost someone dear to him in the attacks, or at least knew someone deeply affected by them.

I hope he realizes that when you advocate the indiscriminate killing of innocents, you stoop to the level of the very people you want to eradicate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-15 19:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
after 9/11, there should have been a systematic and complete annihilation of the region
Clean the bad guys through ground OPs. Now, not in 10 years.

Action, not reaction, to sum up. If they can do stuff in Belgium right now after 100+ people died, it mean they could have before, too (they didn't get new intel).

I'm not saying innocent people in the Middle East who are perfectly fine people need to die, I'm saying we need to act. The way things are presented, we have no weapons/way of dealing with them between soldiers on the spot and drones. I'm sure there is more to it, and more efficient. Without needing to wait for people to die to act.

However, the extreme case I explained above, in the event that we cannot reach enough efficiency, involved removing a part of the world population regardless of who or what. Yeah, that's the extreme solution, which shouldn't be followed, but it is still a solution. The point is to find a solution that isn't as extreme but gets ***done. And preferably, with as little collateral as possible. But what solution is that? That's my question.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-15 20:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Have at it, France.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2015-11-16 09:29:32
Link | Citer | R

This is just something I saw this morning that I think would be useful to know:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-16 09:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Clean the bad guys through ground OPs. Now, not in 10 years.

Action, not reaction, to sum up. If they can do stuff in Belgium right now after 100+ people died, it mean they could have before, too (they didn't get new intel).

I'm not saying innocent people in the Middle East who are perfectly fine people need to die, I'm saying we need to act. The way things are presented, we have no weapons/way of dealing with them between soldiers on the spot and drones. I'm sure there is more to it, and more efficient. Without needing to wait for people to die to act.

However, the extreme case I explained above, in the event that we cannot reach enough efficiency, involved removing a part of the world population regardless of who or what. Yeah, that's the extreme solution, which shouldn't be followed, but it is still a solution. The point is to find a solution that isn't as extreme but gets ***done. And preferably, with as little collateral as possible. But what solution is that? That's my question.
Are you advocating the elimination of a group of people in a region based on their religious background?

Don't you remember that something like this happened, oh, 70-80 years ago? A charismatic leader also called it his "final solution" too. And he was just as evil as the one's who carried out this attack.

/invokesgodwinlaw.jpg

I for one hoped that we learned our lesson. Apparently, some people didn't.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 09:51:53
Link | Citer | R

"Wiping out everyone who doesn't look and/or believe like you" is a time-honored tradition with the human race and I doubt we're done with it yet; the "nuke 'em" response to any and every attack by an extremist group regardless of their global or cultural origin is extremely prevalent in the world and that sentiment only seems to keep growing. =\
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-16 10:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Annihilating everyone is never a solution. How can that ever be in the first place? I personally think it's not a doing of a particular religion nor country, but something else/bigger.

After the tragedy that happened in Paris, my close friend who lives in Nice, went to Paris for vacation and told me the Media absolutely over-exaggerated on this matter , which shocked me.

1) People are still walking the streets like nothing happened.

2) There are no Police nor Security(check-points, borders, etc..)

3) All shops/business are open and people are going through there daily lives like nothing happened.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-16 10:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Also, is it just me or does anyone think of this as an Inside-Job? Dont know why, but my senses are tingling...
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 10:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Far be it from me to say that the media never over-reports something, but it's hard to say that the deaths of dozens of people at the hands of terrorists is "overblown."

If anything, deaths in other parts of the world should get the same level of coverage, then maybe we'd address it as the global problem it is spanning religions, races, cultures, and borders.

That said, please don't be too hard on people going about their day-to-day in the wake of tragedy. That's how you deal with it; accept what happened and live on. You've got to keep going after something like this or what's the point?

If you start cowering in your homes and living in a police state the terrorists have officially achieved their goal. It's right in the name.

Terror.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 10:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Also, is it just me or does anyone think of this as an Inside-Job? Dont know why, but my senses are tingling...

If your senses are tingling get a nerve conduction study done to check for peripheral neuropathy.

Otherwise you're just being a tinfoil-hatted troll.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-16 10:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

If your senses are tingling get a nerve conduction study done to check for peripheral neuropathy.

Otherwise you're just being a tinfoil-hatted troll.

I am actually being serious. 5 coordinated successful attacks done by a group of animals that came from the scum of the earth, acquiring high level intelligence(where did they get them? Who supported them with $$) that aimed for:

1) Football Stadium (Aiming for a place that had like what, 10,000+ people? Is a good idea to strike fear)

2) Concert hall (same as #1)

3) Le Carillion Restaurant. Which I went to twice in September and October. (But really? A restaurant?)

4) Le Belle Equipe (Romantic restaurant, which I also went to once.)

5) Casa Nostra (French restaurant/cafe which I went to several times. Nothing special about the place)

---------------------------

Sorry but #3 , #4, and #5 DO NOT make sense to me what so ever. I understand the attacks on the first 2 because of the amount of people there, but attacking restaurants/cafes? Why? I really think we should focus on this matter.

I just think, it's a matter bigger than we think.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-16 10:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Far be it from me to say that the media never over-reports something, but it's hard to say that the deaths of dozens of people at the hands of terrorists is "overblown."

If anything, deaths in other parts of the world should get the same level of coverage, then maybe we'd address it as the global problem it is spanning religions, races, cultures, and borders.

That said, please don't be too hard on people going about their day-to-day in the wake of tragedy. That's how you deal with it; accept what happened and live on. You've got to keep going after something like this or what's the point?

If you start cowering in your homes and living in a police state the terrorists have officially achieved their goal. It's right in the name.

Terror.

Good point. But at a scale like that. My friend thought there would be a public holiday to honor those who died, but as she explained it to me "It's nothing, it's like nothing happened here."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-16 10:46:32
Link | Citer | R

What did she expect to find people weeping at every corner days later and blood everywhere? The city wasn't nuked and life goes on, with or without pain in the heart and on the mind.

As for the other point, ISIS has already proved to be a very well organized group, unlike older terrorist organizations. Besides it was only 8 people, not like it requires some military genius to coordinate..
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-16 10:46:58
Link | Citer | R

Sorry but #3 , #4, and #5 DO NOT make sense to me what so ever. I understand the attacks on the first 2 because of the amount of people there, but attacking restaurants/cafes? Why? I really think we should focus on this matter.

On a Friday night those places will have a lot of customers and no security. They make for a perfect target if you want to strike fear into normal people. The ones who were injured or nearby won't forget that they struck a normal restaurant and will always keep that in mind when they go out to eat.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 10:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Sorry but #3 , #4, and #5 DO NOT make sense to me what so ever.

Congratulations. You don't think like a terrorist.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
As for the other point, ISIS has already proved to be a very well organized group, unlike older terrorist organizations. Besides it was only 8 people, not like it requires some military genius to coordinate..

And pointedly, ISIS has been sending calls and pleas for individuals to take action independent of any centrally organized directive.

That a group of like-minded (and weak-minded) scumbags got together and coordinated an attack in this fashion speaks to their familiarity with Paris and their ability to think like, well, people trying to invoke terror. You want to really go after Paris' spirit? Go after their national pride: food, arts, romantic locations. The things of which they're super-proud.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-16 11:03:54
Link | Citer | R

After the tragedy that happened in Paris, my close friend who lives in Nice, went to Paris for vacation and told me the Media absolutely over-exaggerated on this matter , which shocked me.

1) People are still walking the streets like nothing happened.

2) There are no Police nor Security(check-points, borders, etc..)

3) All shops/business are open and people are going through there daily lives like nothing happened.
Because, other than those who are directly affected by the attacks, life goes on to everyone else.

When 9/11 happened, I did not stop my life after the attack. I saw the second plane crash into the Twin Towers live on TV, along with other people, and I watched the aftermath for about an hour in horror, but after that, I went about my day. Thinking about what happened, but still went about my day.

This attack is most likely weighing heavy in people's minds, but that's not going to stop them from doing what they would have done if the attack never happened. That's what these terrorists expect to happen, people cowering in their houses afraid of leaving them or they will be the next victims in these attack, but that's not what actually happens.

You kill my family, I expect blood. You kill a bunch of strangers I don't know, I feel sad for the survivors but I don't give a flying ***about revenge. These attacks have done nothing but angered ~100 families. To the rest of the world, it's just another day.

And that's the honest truth.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14