users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » AGW Theory - Discussion
AGW Theory - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 39 40 41

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2015-12-23 14:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Is this your new way of derailing or are you really that inept?
I'm actually impressed you managed to make a post without swearing so you got that going for you..
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-23 14:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
biosolar
You got me here. I don't think I've ever heard of this....
Its the oldest way to harness solar power.

Blue green algae invented it billions of years ago.

It is also some kind of holy grail of harvesting solar energy because its so much more efficient than our solar panels and has built in storage capabilities.

We are closing in on it though. In electrifying advance, researchers create circuit within living plants
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 14:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
when those climate scientist work is proven nonfactual
Where is this again?
Specifically, where is the peer reviewed, published information showing the methodology, hypothesis, reasoning, data collection/sampling/sanitization, analysis, and conclusion?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-12-23 14:37:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Specifically, where is the peer reviewed, published information showing the methodology, hypothesis, reasoning, data collection/sampling/sanitization, analysis, and conclusion?

Have you not been paying attention for the past 2-3 pages? I'm gonna say no..

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
After all you are the expert in the field and all these people have "NEVER" gotten it right

Show me when they accurately predicted the climate anywhere in the past 75yrs. Don't bother wasting your time looking. It does not exist. The word NEVER, is perfectly appropriate.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 14:38:08
Link | Citer | R

Have you not been paying attention for the past 2-3 pages. I'm gonna say no..
Coming from someone who arrived dismissing 30 pages just to tell everyone they're wrong without learning a thing, lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 14:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Have you not been paying attention for the past 2-3 pages? I'm gonna say no..
Since it didn't seem to register the first time:
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 14:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Show me when they accurately predicted the climate anywhere in the past 75yrs. Don't bother wasting your time looking. It does not exist. The word NEVER, is perfectly appropriate.
Show me that they were measurably more inaccurate than any other means of prediction.
edit: Hell, this should be easy for you. Give the other predictions, their methodology, assumptions, data, hypothesis. Oh yes, and it needs to be peer reviewed and published.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 14:49:02
Link | Citer | R

Your last damn post said everything is based on GOOD FAITH ASSUMPTIONS. You call that SCIENCE!
You realize in that context "good faith" means to consider that the scientists are not into some kind of conspiracy; and not that they have faith in the hope to be right.

Which can be said for anything you haven't personally studied yourself. Which I'm going to assume it's a lot of subjects.

You just refuse to believe it cause you think this is political first. But while politics are involved due to the energy market, this is first scientific, the rest comes after.
By Altimaomega 2015-12-23 14:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Show me that they were measurably more inaccurate than any other means of prediction.
Last I checked the coastline city's are still around and the ice caps still exists.. Do you people forget the asinine claims made by your side?

Hell, this should be easy for you. Give the other predictions, their methodology, assumptions, data, hypothesis. Oh yes, and it needs to be peer reviewed and published.
Why? What could possibly make you think the climate of our planet can be understood? We can barely predict the weather!

You just refuse to believe it cause you think this is political first. But while politics are involved due to the energy market, this is first scientific, the rest comes after.
This is why you and everyone who believes this crap is wrong.
It is political first and scientific comes after.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 14:51:52
Link | Citer | R

you should at the very least contribute your opinion on the matter.
I have many pages back, what's the point of repeating ourselves?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 14:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Last I checked the coastline city's are still around and the ice caps still exists.. Do you people forget the asinine claims made by your side?
In fact ice is melting and sea level is rising.
By Altimaomega 2015-12-23 14:54:41
Link | Citer | R

In fact ice is melting and sea level is rising.

Nobody here has said the earth is not warming/cooling. I think you are in the wrong thread.

you should at the very least contribute your opinion on the matter.
I have many pages back, what's the point of repeating ourselves?
I must have forgotten you have a doctorate in climate science, my bad.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-23 14:55:33
Link | Citer | R

So have we gotten anywhere besides climate change denial and arguing against that level of baffling stupidity?

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2015-12-23 14:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
So have we gotten anywhere besides climate change denial and arguing against that level of baffling stupidity?

I think we may have establish that everyone wants cheaper green energy.. Does that count? If anything we have established that people love to call other people stupid.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-23 15:04:49
Link | Citer | R

If anything we have established that people love to call other people stupid.

We established that seems to be a thing across the board back in the early to mid 90s internet infancy.

A smug sense of superiority is what keeps the internet in business, ffs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 15:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Hell, this should be easy for you. Give the other predictions, their methodology, assumptions, data, hypothesis. Oh yes, and it needs to be peer reviewed and published.
Why? What could possibly make you think the climate of our planet can be understood? We can barely predict the weather!

So your argument is: They aren't 100% correct!
Question: Ok, can you show anything that is better?
Answer: We can't predict the climate, cause magic god stuff!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 15:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Wtf.
The extreme weather patterns caused by climate change affect all species on the planet, and most importantly us. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Ecology is possibly the most important thing we should be worried about, and it's no wonder there's so much research going into that field, focusing everything on sustainability.

The politics are absolutely secondary. I'll say it for the fourth time: his conspiracy theory only has such a large consensus among republicans in America. And no, it's not cause the rest of the world is oppressed like Saevel said back in the pages lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-23 15:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Where is this again?
There's the problem. Why do they have to alter the numbers to prove a point? Why not just remove the irrelevant data and go with factual numbers instead of changing the numbers to fit your agenda?

They could have used the raw data, taken out the incorrect readings (readings showing no data or readings showing impossible numbers), averaged the remainder out, and use that data, but instead, they just outright changed the data itself.

Who cares if the methodology, hypothesis, reasoning, analysis and conclusion is sound when you have junk data in the first place? Even worse when that scientist created the junk data to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-23 15:17:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-23 15:18:58
Link | Citer | R

There are countless conservatives and republicans, notably teachers, scientists, and even politicians, who acknowledge that 1) global mean temperatures are rising, 2) climates and weather patterns worldwide are becoming more extreme, and 3) human activities are providing a major contribution to both.
By Altimaomega 2015-12-23 15:20:38
Link | Citer | R

No.. That's a ridiculous assumption.

Again.. Why? Why, do I need to prove it isn't happening, when it cannot even be proved it is!

If you enjoy thinking we can't predict the climate because, not understanding it makes it magic god stuff.. More power to you I guess..

The extreme weather patterns
Have been around long before we mere humans walked the earth. Next!
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 15:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Where is this again?
There's the problem. Why do they have to alter the numbers to prove a point? Why not just remove the irrelevant data and go with factual numbers instead of changing the numbers to fit your agenda?

They could have used the raw data, taken out the incorrect readings (readings showing no data or readings showing impossible numbers), averaged the remainder out, and use that data, but instead, they just outright changed the data itself.

Who cares if the methodology, hypothesis, reasoning, analysis and conclusion is sound when you have junk data in the first place? Even worse when that scientist created the junk data to begin with.
Speaking from a non-climatic point of view:
Because leaving holes in time-based data makes it essentially unuseable. You need to replace it with something otherwise you have a discontinuity which means that you typically can no longer process it.
Think of something like 1/X; you can evaluate it on either side of 0, but when you hit 0, you get screeeewed.
(and to be clear, we aren't talking about adjusting for known/observed biases, but simple removal/replacement)

So what do you do?
You can potentially look at throwing out all data in that sample period(which is overkill for the problem), or you can look at some means of approximating that data, on the basis of lack of uniqueness and the principle of consistency
It doesn't apply for areas/stations that show histories of unique or inconsistent behavior.

So you usually will take either the previous sample (for real-time systems), the sample after, or the interpolation between the samples (e.g. average of the two).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 15:23:33
Link | Citer | R

And back to not even acknowledging the effects of climate change.

It's a loop, why bother.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 15:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said:
Again.. Why? Why, do I need to prove it isn't happening, when it cannot even be proved it is!
No one is asking you to show that it isn't happening. The question is: Do you have any model which is better at predicting it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-23 15:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Where is this again?

Speaking from a non-climatic point of view:
Because leaving holes in time-based data makes it essentially unuseable. You need to replace it with something otherwise you have a discontinuity which means that you typically can no longer process it.
Think of something like 1/X; you can evaluate it on either side of 0, but when you hit 0, you get screeeewed.
(and to be clear, we aren't talking about adjusting for known/observed biases, but simple removal/replacement)

So what do you do?
You can potentially look at throwing out all data in that sample period(which is overkill for the problem), or you can look at some means of approximating that data, on the basis of lack of uniqueness and the principle of consistency
It doesn't apply for areas/stations that show histories of unique or inconsistent behavior.

So you usually will take either the previous sample (for real-time systems), the sample after, or the interpolation between the samples (e.g. average of the two).
Are you saying that it is perfectly acceptable to use data with missing information when it's not perfectly acceptable to use data with missing information?

You don't get to plug numbers in where the holes are and call that science. Hell, you don't get to plug numbers in when it comes to any kind of analytical work. If the data is corrupted or missing, you don't use it. You can't just make ***up or alter the data and call it science.

I can't believe I have to explain it to anyone, this is the most basic understanding when it comes to analyzing anything. And yet, for climate science, this is what is happening. And people are not only buying into this, they are actually to the point where they are worshiping this bad science.

I mean, if you dare question the data (or dare question God), you are obviously a denier (or a heretic) and must be punished! The parallel between climate science and religion is astounding!

tl:dr version: If the data is incorrect, don't use it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-23 15:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said:
No one is asking you to show that it isn't happening. The question is: Do you have any model which is better at predicting it?
Do you have any model that uses factual data?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 15:33:17
Link | Citer | R

The extreme weather patterns
Mere humans can't influence climate. Can bacteria? What can? What can't? Why? What's the difference? Where is the delimiting factor? Is it time-based? Is it resource based? Is it reversible, or one way? Are there any catalytic factors?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 39 40 41