user: artofox2
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-08-15 08:37:30
Link | Citer | R

pol crashes when i:

1. close the laptop monitor
2. plug in power
3. unplug power
4. plug/unplug hdmi cable

this was not an issue with windows 8.1. i saw another thread about disabling hdcp, but it seems like additional hardware is needed for that?

any help is appreciated, thank you!
By Jetackuu 2015-08-15 10:02:51
Link | Citer | R

It's supposed to. Well, I'll explain.

XI crashes when you lose directx fullscreen, times it happens:

ctrl+alt+del menu (use ctrl+shift+esc instead

changing monitors

losing aero in win7

Now for the power: it sounds like you may have different power settings (or video card settings) when the power is plugged in vs when it isn't, change it to where they're the same and this will stop.

lid: change it to where it doesn't go to sleep when the lid is closed, should stop that too.

the only fix I have for the plugging in the hdmi cable is to do what I do and run XI in a VM via vmware, would eliminate the power plugging issue as well, inadvertently.

It would have been an issue with 8.1 as well if the settings were the same, "upgrading" reset settings, and well the default laptop settings usually get in the way and have a lot of power saving features enabled.

When I run in a VM I don't have issues, hell I could let the VM run in the background and open it back up and still be connected, I also have the vm resolution set to static and not change on the window size. My laptop is kinda *** or I'd see how it works when the laptop goes into hibernate (lid close default action), I don't think I have a vm set up on the other laptop here to try, but if I get around to that I'll update it.

Does your laptop have dual video cards? Like an intel and nvidia?
 Sylph.Artofox
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-08-15 13:27:07
Link | Citer | R

single intel graphics card

power settings are identical whether plugged in or on battery

still learning win 10 (and im not very pc saavy) so im not quite sure how to check the display adapter settings

plugging in the hdmi and losing windower is no big deal, but plugging in or removing the ac adapter and losing pol seems odd despite having identical settings
By Jetackuu 2015-08-15 14:08:50
Link | Citer | R

When I played with win10 on a surface it had two different power settings menus, one that seemed like a new menu (may be in 8 as well, idk, I avoid 8), and the standard one like in 7.

The one I'm used to is this:

It had that AND anther one.

Plus idk if you have an intel management software for the built in card but it may have different settings.

At the very least you should see about installing windows 10 drivers (assuming you did an "upgrade."

Yes it's odd, go ahead and change the plan to "high performance" on battery. When it crashes on that it does an instance "pol.exe has stopped working" yes?

I thought it may have two cards in that when on battery it's switching to the other, which would make sense as to why it does that, but I'm just outright curious now.
 Sylph.Artofox
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-08-15 14:44:53
Link | Citer | R

ive matched those settings from your screenshot

i have the "close lid" do nothing so its not that either

i'll check about the intel / hp driver update and see if that helps
By Jetackuu 2015-08-15 16:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah at this point the power thing may well be a driver bug, it's not supposed to do that.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-16 01:23:02
Link | Citer | R

SE even announced that FFXI is unstable, at best, in the Win10 environment and they highly suggest not playing on it until they have a stable release. It will probably end up like Windows 8 when it first launched and will have a lot of driver compatibility issues for the first couple months while backwater drivers are updated.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-16 01:47:21
Link | Citer | R

XI works fine in win10...

Quote:
Currently the testing team is in the midst of verifying this while they improve the environment; however, they cannot determine for sure that FFXI will operate properly. At the moment our official answer is that we do not recommend using Windows 10 for FFXI.

That's not saying it's unstable but just that it's not tested.
 Sylph.Artofox
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-08-20 00:39:56
Link | Citer | R

hp updates installed

intel graphics driver updated

windows updated

still happens. oh well.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-20 07:06:30
Link | Citer | R

If you're still under support open a support ticket and inquire why directx loses fullscreen when you plug/unplug the power cable.

I'm at a loss without doing some research.
 Sylph.Artofox
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-08-29 11:12:19
Link | Citer | R

windower doesnt shut down now when i plug/unplug power.

still shuts down when i close lid. opening ms support ticket