Increased Job Points. Winners And Losers.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Increased job points. Winners and losers.
Increased job points. Winners and losers.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-11 15:34:11
Link | Citer | R

RUN got prety decent upgrades all around- nothing's earth-shattering by itself but the total sum is pretty decent upgrade to the job that has allowed it to creep up in performance.
By dedrummer000 2015-08-11 15:41:01
Link | Citer | R

just a pain to farm em on rune lol. gotta find a blm buddy
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-11 15:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Awesome: BLU and SCH

Beneficial, but not amazing: WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, THF, BST, BRD, RNG, SAM, NIN, COR, PUP, GEO, and RUN

Bad: MNK and DNC (DNC going over 550 means another 5% DW, which tends to hurt the job more than the other buffs help it. MNK's -10 delay doesn't negate the buffs they get, but they would be better off without it.)

Ambiguous:
PLD: If it increases the amount of damage the spikes do, it makes Reprisal wear off sooner (bad). If it increases the total amount of spike damage reprisal does before it wears off, it makes reprisal last longer (good).
DRK: Same ambiguity as PLD.
DRG: IIRC this would be something like 10% DA when you have a fully leveled Wyvern? Not bad for non-Ryuno DRGs.
SMN: Great if it bypasses other caps, kind of useless if it doesn't.
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-08-11 15:58:16
Link | Citer | R

The DRG one is indeed a 10% DA with a fully leveled wyvern, and I imagine it stacks with our 100 JP one that does the same. +20% DA is pretty nice, though I wonder how that would offset my Ryuno. :S The whole multiattacks thing still goes over my head at times.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 16:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Honestly, nobody won as much as BLU. The 1200 is insane and escalates the job even further ahead of all others when it comes to DD, and even allows for a lot more versatility spells.
Let's be honest though, BLU earned this. For a BLU to be effective, it needs more gear sets than most jobs, and each spell it has needs to be painstakingly learned from enemies. None are for sale from an NPC in the city. So yeah, this gift is pretty big, but it's not that great if you didn't put work into your BLU to take advantage of it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-11 16:26:48
Link | Citer | R

dedrummer000 said: »
also with embolden going to to 15, that is a 65% boost to that pro 5 your whm is casting on ya.

You make a good point that for RUN, while the 1200 gift is lame some of the in between gifts (MDB+16 at 845) are quite nice. And RUN's JPs are pretty great by themselves (overall I'd say one of the better sets of JPs), so 15/15 is really helpful just in enhancing the JP.

15/15 Gambit is tremendous, 15 extra seconds is huge when you can massively reduce a mob's elemental defense for the entire alliance. Great to use in nuke-heavy parties, and in my opinion a really undervalued ability in this age where nukes are great for so many events/NMs.

15/15 Valiance means 2:45 duration Valiance on a 3 minute timer, for extremely little downtime for your whole party. (for those who don't know a lot about RUN, that means significant AoE elemental resistance for the whole party, and up to 60% AoE Fast Cast effect - it's a really strong ability)

15/15 One for All is quite nice, 150% increase (30sec to 45sec) in duration of AoE magic shield effect.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-11 16:30:25
Link | Citer | R

i disagree pup is very nice making us more power by being able stock up on attachments.
By dedrummer000 2015-08-11 16:36:48
Link | Citer | R

the 1200 for RUN should have been pro V imo. kind of like other ones. a pain to get for very little reward, but at least it would be useful. no more timing your whms pro V with your embolden, or for solo situations.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-11 16:39:45
Link | Citer | R

I dont think WHM's 1200 is bad. I mean i'm in idle of 10 Refresh a tick in adoulin zones, and higher still in escha. if it's a fast cast, it's basically benediction. =-= And with sublimation the MP loss is not an issue.
Shame WHM is used for very little these days T_T
*never gonna get that 1200 JPs*
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-11 16:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Whm 1200 is awful. You are never out of mp, and with sacrifice and erase why would you ever need it?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-08-11 16:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Bad: MNK and DNC (DNC going over 550 means another 5% DW, which tends to hurt the job more than the other buffs help it. MNK's -10 delay doesn't negate the buffs they get, but they would be better off without it.)
Agreed. I really do not understand why SE keeps adding these speed bonuses when they're almost deliberately designed to be a problem at current gear/buff levels. Are they supposed to be a fancy bonus when solo? Even that doesn't fly with Trusts providing Haste buffs.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-08-11 17:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Agreed. I really do not understand why SE keeps adding these speed bonuses when they're almost deliberately designed to be a problem at current gear/buff levels. Are they supposed to be a fancy bonus when solo? Even that doesn't fly with Trusts providing Haste buffs.

Phasing out BRD imo

Not gonna lie; I was kind of hoping for Drain Samba IV. :(
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-11 18:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone gotten SCH to 1200 yet to see how much of a damage increase the tier 2 helix spells are?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-08-11 18:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Has anyone gotten SCH to 1200 yet to see how much of a damage increase the tier 2 helix spells are?

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Hit 1200 SCH. Got +12MACC +10Eleskill +10MAB out of it. Helix II are a streight upgrade of course. Around 300-400 dmg more on a cast without many buffs. Not game breaking but very nice.

SCHs get very nice gifts yo.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Corsair...

I can't even pretend ;;

Maybe in the next major Gift update we will get -10 QD delay that is actually -10 ;_;
By Draylo 2015-08-11 18:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Whm 1200 is awful. You are never out of mp, and with sacrifice and erase why would you ever need it?

It's an iconic spell, only reason I kinda liked it lol. I guess if you are a mule? Some debuffs you can't sacrifice so I kinda wonder if it works on everything.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-11 18:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Honestly, nobody won as much as BLU. The 1200 is insane and escalates the job even further ahead of all others when it comes to DD, and even allows for a lot more versatility spells.
Let's be honest though, BLU earned this. For a BLU to be effective, it needs more gear sets than most jobs, and each spell it has needs to be painstakingly learned from enemies. None are for sale from an NPC in the city. So yeah, this gift is pretty big, but it's not that great if you didn't put work into your BLU to take advantage of it.

Oh believe me, I'm 100% fine with BLU getting this. I know the extent we need to work in order to play the job effectively, I just know it's the best 1200 around, bar none.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-12 00:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

Oh believe me, I'm 100% fine with BLU getting this. I know the extent we need to work in order to play the job effectively, I just know it's the best 1200 around, bar none.

I would consider BLU OP if it wasn't for the skill gradient. To play the job well you need mastery in multiple area's of FFXI along with a very solid understanding of game terms / mechanics. It's skillset pulls from the realm of melee DD, magic DD, support, healing, tanking, along with it's own unique mechanics involving job trait selection and role configuration. Someone can't just read Proth's guide and play the job well, they actually need experience in these different area's along with being able to build their own situational gear sets.

These JT upgrades aren't direct damage increases, the player needs to know which spells to use, when to use them and what gear to use with them in order to gain a the benefits.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-12 02:14:57
Link | Citer | R

And before someone asks, I considered making a video of SCHs Helix II animations but they are just scaled up versions of the I animations lol

Mob might be prone to magic but the numbers are nice:

(till it removes all debuffs)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-12 03:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
15/15 Valiance means 2:45 duration Valiance on a 3 minute timer.
You're mixing Vallation cooldowns (2mins base, 3 cd) with Valiance (3mins base, 5 cd).
Then you add the seconds from Coat, then the JPs and so on.
We gonna get more seconds as well once they unlock JPs to the final cap of 20.

Can use One For All to buy time once Valiance is down as you wait for it to be back up again.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 04:10:27
Link | Citer | R

So...... SE still hates BST huh? >:(
By Sandmaster 2015-08-12 05:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Corsair's 550 Job gift is very nice, its just there is a cap on QD Charge's, so Cor's who don't have one (or both) out of the Mirke (the easiest one) or the Augmented HQ W.Head will still see the full 10 seconds reduction.

I like the SAM 1200 Job Gift, considering Hasso is up 99% of the time they have given us a straight Hasso Zanshin +10%. When you have your maxed Ikoshten merits and a 4HIT, the first hit after a ws which will now have (@1200JP) a ~22% chance at Zanshin kicking in will land you back at over 1000K TP straight away. TP overflow is always good for SAM's Fudo, Zanshin gets a large +ACC boost, and I'd say (along with 300TP/tick Meditate JP category, which will give me over 3600TP Meditates now when completed) it is more win for SAM.

That ~22% Hasso Zanshin rate could kick in on any of the hits after WS making Fudo's even stronger, its over 750TP per Hasso Zanshin round with Iko merits.

At some point, SE are going to have to bring 2H'er's back into the mix, and when they do, it will still be Samurai that will be sitting on top of that pile unless SE gives other 2H's a GOOD Boost with the 1650JP gifts if we get to that stage (WAR's gifts are good imo, put Ukko's back to how it should be and you would have at least 2 2H's competing it out).

Also, the two jobs that SE are really pushing atm are BST and BLU, they are also the 2 quickest jobs to go out there and solo CP at a faster rate then a 6MAN CP party.

Ninja's gift is nice and everything but maybe some Ni/San mob dibilitating spell's would be nice.

Monk's is just pathetic.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-12 05:48:35
Link | Citer | R

IIRC the issue with Hassozanshins is that they proc after every other form of multi-attack and, thus, can only proc if every other form of multi-attack fails. So if you're using something like Koga with AM3, they're going to be very, very infrequent.

DRG's 1200 Gift has absolutely the same issue. It's great for non-Ryuno DRGs, but non-Ryuno DRGs are so far behind the 8-ball that it's not going to catch them up.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-12 07:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Sandmaster said: »
unless SE gives other 2H's a GOOD Boost with the 1650JP gifts if we get to that stage

Sadly, if SE follows the same upgrade cost increses, to get up to 20, which we're not sure they will at this point, but who knows. It'd be 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 JP = 90 JP/category, so a final 900 combined to get us to 20/20 in all ten categories
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-12 07:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Mnk started to fall behind when they updated wss imho. The job just didn't gain nowhere close add much as other jobs did.

Can we complain though? Mnk got his spotlight and it lasted a while, unlike other jobs.
And it's not like it's completely unviable these days. It's still a nice dd, just because others are better doesn't mean mnk is ***.
Shades of Gray etc
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-08-12 07:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I dont think WHM's 1200 is bad. I mean i'm in idle of 10 Refresh a tick in adoulin zones, and higher still in escha. if it's a fast cast, it's basically benediction. =-= And with sublimation the MP loss is not an issue.

WHM isn't good for BST setups but where else is it not used? Any time you have someone standing in range of a mob white mage is going to be the best option:

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

WHM is still a tier-S job, with only GEO above it... GEO is too goddamn amazing and ubiquitous.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-12 08:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

WHM isn't good for BST setups but where else is it not used? Any time you have someone standing in range of a mob white mage is going to be the best option:

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

WHM is still a tier-S job, with only GEO above it... GEO is too goddamn amazing and ubiquitous.

I think they mean WHM isn't as beneficial to JP parties as other jobs that can heal, like DNC, SCH, GEO, etc, so getting to 1200JP will be hard.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-08-12 09:17:57
Link | Citer | R

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

I think they mean WHM isn't as beneficial to JP parties as other jobs that can heal, like DNC, SCH, GEO, etc, so getting to 1200JP will be hard.

Gotcha. Yeah, that's true, I've gotten most of my WHM JP at events like Vagary or Incursion. I guess we can always contribute as a gimp DD and just melee for our JP.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-13 05:51:08
Link | Citer | R

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

WHM, SCH or RDM are critical to high speed / high capacity JP parties. Your not killing level 128~130+ monsters with a dedicated healer, they will rip you apart. There can be an argument to go with a RDM over a WHM due to Haste II if you don't have a BRD or GEO, but SCH doesn't give you anything over WHM since they should be in LA mode the entire time.

Unless you think "CP parties" is fighting DC ~ EM mobs....
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-13 06:09:03
Link | Citer | R

incursion is still one of the best job point camps(doubly so if you aren't rocking a 50% mantle yet, since you'll be moving toward that as well)

you can completely skip the nms, bring a stunner or two, and any alliance size will be chaining for 3-5k CP(or presumably higher, i don't have max gifts or even close since i'm lazy) a mob without ring.. with no shortage of supply, few long pulls, and no competition

sacrifices some job flexibility, but also incorporates some jobs that may not normally be used so if it works for you/your shell it's pretty great
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-13 06:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

WHM, SCH or RDM are critical to high speed / high capacity JP parties. Your not killing level 128~130+ monsters with a dedicated healer, they will rip you apart. There can be an argument to go with a RDM over a WHM due to Haste II if you don't have a BRD or GEO, but SCH doesn't give you anything over WHM since they should be in LA mode the entire time.

Unless you think "CP parties" is fighting DC ~ EM mobs....

Well whm sch rdm is not needed for bsts plus corsair setups.