Forum » Windower » Support » POL Crash At Accept/Decline
POL Crash At Accept/Decline
 Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-08-07 15:03:20
Link | Citer | R

When trying to run FFXI through windower POL will crash when transitioning from the Play screen in POL to the blue Accept/Decline screen. I get a Windows OS popup telling me that it has crashed. If I start the game without Windower it loads fine.

I have tried disabling all Windower plugins and add-ons. I've tried various resolution settings. I've tried compatibility mode for both Windower and POL. I've tried disabling scaling at high DPI settings.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windower yet. Would seem to be the next course of action, but just wondering what I could be missing.

I am running Windows 10 with a Radeon R9 390X. I do have the drivers up to date. Windower's log file doesn't show anything remotely recent and this started happening last week, so it was before the 2nd Rhapsodies update.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-08-07 16:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
When trying to run FFXI through windower POL will crash when transitioning from the Play screen in POL to the blue Accept/Decline screen. I get a Windows OS popup telling me that it has crashed. If I start the game without Windower it loads fine.

I have tried disabling all Windower plugins and add-ons. I've tried various resolution settings. I've tried compatibility mode for both Windower and POL. I've tried disabling scaling at high DPI settings.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windower yet. Would seem to be the next course of action, but just wondering what I could be missing.

I am running Windows 10 with a Radeon R9 390X. I do have the drivers up to date. Windower's log file doesn't show anything remotely recent and this started happening last week, so it was before the 2nd Rhapsodies update.
I had this problem for awhile when I upgraded to Win7. I can't recall for certain as this was years ago, but I believe I had to put this in the init.txt file:
Code
//Turns off IPC messages.
ipc_messages 0
I'm pretty sure that's what caused the crash for me.
 Odin.Rendra
Serveur: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-08-07 16:43:03
Link | Citer | R

I get this same issue when it tries to load the plugins... Sometimes it works and sometimes it just crashes. Been dealing with it for a few months now... I'm on XP still.
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-08-07 17:54:18
Link | Citer | R

I copied and pasted the lines from Vafruvant's post and still no luck. One thing I've noticed, and this may not mean anything, is that the window re-positions itself to the upper right corner of my screen, though remains the same size, just before POL crashes. It starts out slightly lower down on the screen before it moves itself up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-08-07 19:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
I would try uninstalling windower yeah, especially since it only takes seconds then restart your PC and re-download a fresh copy of the program and try again

Yeah will do. I was just hoping it was some setting thing.

Edit: Damn, no luck with that either.