Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-24 23:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Siren.Akson said: »
There is a good reason we have something called LAWS in the 1st place.

There is not one single ilegal immigrant whom has done my country any favors by breaking the very laws that uphold my nation to begin with.

The immigration system is rather broken. People who want to live here just like you and I do are labeled criminals.
STRANGE! Cuz I live in the NYC tri-state area and am surrounded by South American LEGAL latinos whom feel the same way as I do. Go figure.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-24 23:13:56
Link | Citer | R

There is not one single ilegal immigrant whom has done my country any favors by breaking the very laws that uphold my nation to begin with.

The immigration system is rather broken. People who want to live here just like you and I do are labeled criminals.
STRANGE! Cuz I live in the NYC tri-state area and am surrounded by South American LEGAL latinos whom feel the same way as I do. Go figure.

New York? Don't you all have a very established Puerto Rican population? Are we talking legitimate first-gens? I'm guessing it's not the Latinos fleeing El Salvador or Guatemala that you're talking about here.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-24 23:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Because they are.. They committed a crime. I.E. "Criminal".
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-24 23:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Nobody hates illegal immigrants more than the people who actually went through the process legally. The process is utter ***; expensive, complicated, and carrying more bureaucracy than is healthy for anyone to be around for any length of time.

The correct answer is to fix the legal immigration process to make it less onerous. I'm not suggesting we stop screening people or anything, but right now even low-risk demographics go through months or years of interviews, fees, and tests. Lower that barrier somewhat, to get the people who want to be here and are willing to put some effort into it. If the process is reasonable, then you have a much better case for really putting the screws to those who circumvent it.

This scenario will never happen, because no one wants to compromise on this position, but a smarter immigration path is essential to the country moving forward. People will always want to come here; getting them legal benefits everyone:

- For them, they aren't subject to deportation or horrible under-the-table wages.
- For us, we can tax/document them appropriately.

Everyone wins, except for 1) total xenophobes (get ***) and 2) people who profit from paying people pennies on the dollar for their labor (also get ***).
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-24 23:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Everyone wins, except for 1) total xenophobes (get ***) and 2) people who profit from paying people pennies on the dollar for their labor (also get ***).

And without people being able to take advantage of cheap labor, wages rise and the economy strengthens since more taxes are being paye!. Holy economics Batman!
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-24 23:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

New York? Don't you all have a very established Puerto Rican population? Are we talking legitimate first-gens? I'm guessing it's not the Latinos fleeing El Salvador or Guatemala that you're talking about here.
Random ppl in NJ I work with whom came from all over; Peru, Equador, Columbia, Haiti, Domican Republic and beyond. Some have been here longer than others yet none seem to stand on behalf of ilegals as much as American born individuals themselves whom accept and shelter ilegal immigration. Some of them even come from countries with thier own ilegal immigration issues.
Coming here ilegally is not a solution to any problem whatsoever at all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-24 23:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

And without people being able to take advantage of cheap labor, wages rise and the economy strengthens since more taxes are being paye!. Holy economics Batman!

So you are for a higher minimum wage?
I'm for paying people what they are worth. I am not for paying someone to burn my fries and ask if I would like that supersized, 15 dollars an hour.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-24 23:46:35
Link | Citer | R

People will always want to come here;
I think that more than anything is the biggest challenge. Damn near EVERYONE wants to come to the USA. Some just don't give a f+ck if they arrive legally or not which is unaceptable for far too many reasons.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-24 23:48:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm for paying people what they are worth. I am not for paying someone to burn my fries and ask if I would like that supersized, 15 dollars an hour.

So how do you differentiate?
Work ethic, people skills, timeliness, and willingness to learn new things.

If you have those things you will not be making minimum wage for long, if ever.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-25 00:02:30
Link | Citer | R

So how do you differentiate?

If you have those things you will not be making minimum wage for long, if ever.

What does that matter to those economics though?

Why pay hard working Americans higher wage when you can pay hard working Illegal Immigrants pennies and get the same thing?

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-25 00:30:47
Link | Citer | R

When?
Don't be taking me out of context again.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-25 00:50:23
Link | Citer | R

You are making no sense.

With no illegal immigrants around working for pennies driving down the wages for hard working Americans. Wages will rise, the economy will strengthen.

As for Your minimum wage angle, anybody who doesn't strive for these attributes
deserves no more than minimum wage.

With no illegal immigrants around, more jobs will be available to people with those attributes.

How does this not make sense? And how am I against myself?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-25 00:51:14
Link | Citer | R

I atleast appluad Trump for bringing the ilegal immigration situation to the front. I personally never had any conversations with others about such beforehand whom I thought I might offend. Which was damn near everyone.lol Now I have latinos and blacks both speaking openly and honestly with me about it on a routine basis. Always felt I might offend someone... how ironic most ppl whom I never would have had such a conversation with about due to such preconcieved notions all seem to agree with me or atleast understand my position. Interesting.
Even if Trump loses atleast he brought focus upon such things and hopefully moving forward things will be remedied.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-25 00:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Amazing what happens when political correctness gets tossed out the window. Who knew!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-25 07:50:21
Link | Citer | R

You forgot 3) People who profit from bringing them across the border and/or enslave them for sex trafficking (not only should you get ***, you should get kicked in the nuts by every citizen in this country, all of who should wear steel-toed boots while kicking you in the nuts)

Seriously, it's not the immigrants that are the problem, it's the people exploiting them, especially those who steal more than their money (earned or paid to cross the border) that is the problem.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 07:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Amazing what happens when political correctness gets tossed out the window. Who knew!

I really wish the majority of America could find the line though.

There's political correctness, which is idiotic. All the euphemisms in the world aren't going to change basic biology and some things need names. (The evolving/revolving/etc. debate around the word "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" comes to mind...)

And there's having the perspective to understand what's actually appropriate evolution of the vernacular and societal thought processes...which is sort of necessary to actual equality, which is something somewhere between what the foot-dragging troglodytes and the ball-crushing extreme feminists want.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 09:06:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't like political correctness at all. In fact that should be obvious from the things I say. However, I am generally very wary of those who openly and consistently complain about it because they most often swing too far the other way in general.

Kinda what I meant, yeah.

Both extremes are kinda guilty of continually pushing each other even further out of normal and are really grating to deal with.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 09:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I don't like political correctness at all. In fact that should be obvious from the things I say. However, I am generally very wary of those who openly and consistently complain about it because they most often swing too far the other way in general.

Kinda what I meant, yeah.

Both extremes are kinda guilty of continually pushing each other even further out of normal and are really grating to deal with.

Hoping the world gets swallowed by a great tsunami or something.

That or we get Maester Seymore to deal with it.

Mmm.

I hope we get Mother to deal with it.

Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-25 09:29:15
Link | Citer | R

And only one mention of Trump in the last page and a half.

/disgusted

See what happens if the random P&R thread is absent for a day?

Floppy, stop rising to Alti's bait.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-25 10:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And only one mention of Trump in the last page and a half.

/disgusted

See what happens if the random P&R thread is absent for a day?

Floppy, stop rising to Alti's bait.

If you ask him then it is just my fault.

victim card
You play it so well Spicy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 216 217 218