VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-21 11:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
To say that "all of the support was pulled away from Hillary" is just making ***up, obviously.
To say that "all of the support was pulled away from the Republicans" is also making ***up, obviously.

Yet, that's exactly the tale that's told about Perot.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-21 11:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Well I never said that.
I know you didn't.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-21 11:32:10
Link | Citer | R

Well I never said that.
I know you didn't.

Yeah, I didn't say that either. You realize you are arguing with EVERYONE in EVERY thread, right? Even people who aren't talking to you at all?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2015-08-23 00:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Denying the right to citizenship for the offspring of illegal immigrants is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE given that America was founded on that very concept.

Unless your ancestors were native Americans then you're the descendant of illegal immigrants yourself and odds are the overwhelming majority of your support are as well, so *** off with this ***Trump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-23 02:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Eh, immigration is only illegal if there are laws in place calling it illegal. I'd venture to guess that a large majority of Americans are descendants of legal immigrants. Saying that America was founded on the concept of immigration is arguably true. Saying it was founded on the concept of illegal immigration is completely false.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-23 08:12:13
Link | Citer | R

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/20/trump-shuts-down-reporter-ill-use-anchor-baby/

Anchor baby the newest offensive term everyone is outraged join the party !

Donald Trump got into a testy exchange with a reporter Wednesday night, saying that he would continue to use the term “anchor baby” regardless of whether some find it offensive.

The comments came during a press conference prior to a town hall event in Derry, New Hampshire. A reporter asked Trump whether his claim to have a “big heart” was consistent with using “anchor baby” to describe children of illegal immigrants.

“You said that you have a big heart, and that you’re not mean-spirited. Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby,’ that’s an offensive term? People find that hurtful,” the reporter said.

“You mean it’s not politically correct, and yet everybody uses it?” Trump replied. “You know what? Give me a different term.”

The reporter proposed “the American-born childs [sic] of undocumented immigrants.”

Trump had none of it.

“You want me to use that? Okay. I’ll use the word ‘anchor baby.'”

Trump isn’t the only GOP candidate willing to use the term. Also on Wednesday, Jeb Bush said on Bill Bennett’s radio program “Morning in America” that as president he would work for “better enforcement so that you don’t have these, you know, ‘anchor babies,’ as they’re described, coming into the country.”
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-23 08:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Denying the right to citizenship for the offspring of illegal immigrants is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE given that America was founded on that very concept.

Unless your ancestors were native Americans then you're the descendant of illegal immigrants yourself and odds are the overwhelming majority of your support are as well, so *** off with this ***Trump.

Conquering isn't immigrating.

So it would be more accurate to say many of us are descendants of conquers and that the native Americans were the conquered. They put up an amazing fight when you consider the relative technological differences.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-23 08:20:27
Link | Citer | R

I didn't know America was founded by illegal immigrants ! You learn something new everyday !

I think I have a picture of the founding of America:

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-23 08:22:41
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/20/trump-shuts-down-reporter-ill-use-anchor-baby/

Donald Trump got into a testy exchange with a reporter Wednesday night, saying that he would continue to use the term “anchor baby” regardless of whether some find it offensive.

The comments came during a press conference prior to a town hall event in Derry, New Hampshire. A reporter asked Trump whether his claim to have a “big heart” was consistent with using “anchor baby” to describe children of illegal immigrants.

“You said that you have a big heart, and that you’re not mean-spirited. Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby,’ that’s an offensive term? People find that hurtful,” the reporter said.

“You mean it’s not politically correct, and yet everybody uses it?” Trump replied. “You know what? Give me a different term.”

The reporter proposed “the American-born childs [sic] of undocumented immigrants.”

Trump had none of it.

Trump isn’t the only GOP candidate willing to use the term. Also on Wednesday, Jeb Bush said on Bill Bennett’s radio program “Morning in America” that as president he would work for “better enforcement so that you don’t have these, you know, ‘anchor babies,’ as they’re described, coming into the country.”

*** brilliant. You can't ask for a better political situation, the dude can get away with saying anything as long as he is unapologetic. Members of the core political system will go ape ***because he isn't following their rules, to every day "Joe Six Pack" voters he is extremely appealing because he's so relatable. Every one of us who isn't religiously married to a political party has gotten sick and tired of being told what we can and can't say and how we have to care about everybody else's feelings or someone will tell us how bad of a person we are. Trump understands that feeling and is appealing to it very well.

Who ever though anti-political-correctness would become such a powerful platform to run on.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-23 08:33:29
Link | Citer | R

This is breaking news from the Huff post the word Mexican is offensive ! They prefer to be called Mexican Americans !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 09:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Eh, immigration is only illegal if there are laws in place calling it illegal. I'd venture to guess that a large majority of Americans are descendants of legal immigrants. Saying that America was founded on the concept of immigration is arguably true. Saying is was founded on the concept of illegal immigration is completely false.

The original settlers didn't immigrate here legally, they came, displaced native populations, and bred.

Besides, unless a person goes over/under a fence, they haven't really done anything illegal. It's not the entering the US that's illegal, it's the not leaving.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 09:45:02
Link | Citer | R

edit: Double post somehow...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-23 10:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Trump had none of it.

*** brilliant. You can't ask for a better political situation, the dude can get away with saying anything as long as he is unapologetic. Members of the core political system will go ape ***because he isn't following their rules, to every day "Joe Six Pack" voters he is extremely appealing because he's so repeatable. Every one of us who isn't religiously married to a political party has gotten sick and tired of being told what we can and can't say and how we have to care about everybody else's feelings or someone will tell us how bad of a person we are. Trump understands that feeling and is appealing to it very well.

Who ever though anti-political-correctness would become such a powerful platform to run on.

I know, and the Trump/Biden debates will be epic especially after Joe knocks back a few fingers of Bushmill's.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-23 10:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Eh, immigration is only illegal if there are laws in place calling it illegal. I'd venture to guess that a large majority of Americans are descendants of legal immigrants. Saying that America was founded on the concept of immigration is arguably true. Saying is was founded on the concept of illegal immigration is completely false.

The original settlers didn't immigrate here legally, they came, displaced native populations, and bred.

Besides, unless a person goes over/under a fence, they haven't really done anything illegal. It's not the entering the US that's illegal, it's the not leaving.

They conquered the locals, it happens quite often and is how empires were made. While we can debate the morality of what they did until the sun burns out, we should at least give credit where credit is due.

And your concept of legality is horribly incorrect. There is a line on the ground and a law made by the recognized sovereign government describing what the requirements are for crossing that line. A person without a US citizenship walking across the border without going through immigration is breaking a US law. Again we can discuss the morality of that, but the factual existence of that law needs to be recognized. Unless your stating that you don't recognize the sovereignty of the current government? That's kind of how both the revolutionary and civil wars started.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-23 10:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Did the natives have laws against illegal immigration in their code?

Edit: Damn you Saev.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 10:27:43
Link | Citer | R

They conquered the locals, it happens quite often and is how empires were made. While we can debate the morality of what they did until the sun burns out, we should at least give credit where credit is due.

And your concept of legality is horribly incorrect. There is a line on the ground and a law made by the recognized sovereign government describing what the requirements are for crossing that line. A person without a US citizenship walking across the border without going through immigration is breaking a US law. Again we can discuss the morality of that, but the factual existence of that law needs to be recognized. Unless your stating that you don't recognize the sovereignty of the current government? That's kind of how both the revolutionary and civil wars started.

There isn't a line drawn on the ground and the US Constitution gives all people, not just citizens, the right to freedom of movement. If someone enters the US unknowingly, they aren't committing a crime, it's the act of staying that makes it illegal. People immigrating from central america know what they're doing, so they have intent, but the simple act of crossing the border is not illegal.

Natives had their own "laws", not structured governments, but nobody declared war on them or conquered them in the sense you're saying. They were welcoming of new people in some cases and hostile in others. Europeans "bought" land from a people who didn't have any concept of property, slowly pushed them away from their lands by various means, etc.

Whether a person is a natural born American or a citizen of another country, they aren't beholden to many US laws until they enter a citizenship agreement with the US government. The idea that land borders are physical lines on a map that stepping over constitutes some heinous crime is just ignorance. Besides, Trump is obviously pandering to xenophobia, the majority of people crossing the border AREN'T Mexican.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-23 10:39:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Trump had none of it.

*** brilliant. You can't ask for a better political situation, the dude can get away with saying anything as long as he is unapologetic. Members of the core political system will go ape ***because he isn't following their rules, to every day "Joe Six Pack" voters he is extremely appealing because he's so repeatable. Every one of us who isn't religiously married to a political party has gotten sick and tired of being told what we can and can't say and how we have to care about everybody else's feelings or someone will tell us how bad of a person we are. Trump understands that feeling and is appealing to it very well.

I know, and the Trump/Biden debates will be epic especially after Joe knocks back a few fingers of Bushmill's.

Trump hasn't debated a single person, for a very good reason.

I thought he was good before but now after watching him masterfully manipulate everyone I feel I seriously underestimated his skill. This guy is good, like ridiculously good. He is playing power games on a grand scale and making everyone look like his *** in the process.

Take for instance how people criticize him for "not having a platform" or "not saying what his positions are". He most certainly has ideas and a general sense of what he wants done, but he won't be answering to anyone about it. See if someone asks him a loaded question like that, and he responds then he has made himself look weaker by playing to their rules and seeking their approval. Now later, if he disclose's the answer at a time, place and manner of his choosing, while ignoring the original request, it reveres the power dynamics and puts him on top. It's not that he doesn't have any idea of what he wants, but that he's deliberately making the Republican leadership wait for him. It makes them look weak to the outside observer and him strong.

And before anyone goes off about "it only makes him look like an ***", well powerful guys are always ***. To hold any kind of power over another means to be an *** whenever necessary. "Nice People" never make it to the top of the food chain because their niceness only gets them eaten alive.

This is going to be hilarious to watch. Hillary is crashing and burning as we speak, the election hasn't even started and she's providing the GOP with more then enough ammunition to torch her. Sanders is so extremely left win that no moderate will vote for him. There really isn't much else left on the Democrat side to offer up. So whomever wins the Republican candidacy will most likely be the next President, unless Deez Nuts somehow makes a miraculous victory.

In all cases it's fun to watch the established status quot burn down in tatters.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-23 10:40:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If someone enters the US unknowingly, they aren't committing a crime, it's the act of staying that makes it illegal.

Umm ... I think we can all now safely disqualify any future opinion you have.

I not sure if your just trolling the GOP fanboys or if you actually believe what you just wrote.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 11:09:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If someone enters the US unknowingly, they aren't committing a crime, it's the act of staying that makes it illegal.

Umm ... I think we can all now safely disqualify any future opinion you have.

I not sure if your just trolling the GOP fanboys or if you actually believe what you just wrote.

It's not whether I believe it or not, that's actually the way unmarked international borders work, bubba.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-23 11:10:52
Link | Citer | R

I wonder, how does one enter the US unknowingly?

I would see that happening about 200 years ago, but today's age and level of technology? Highly unlikely to the point of impossibility...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 11:14:24
Link | Citer | R

I would see that happening about 200 years ago, but today's age and level of technology? Highly unlikely to the point of impossibility...

Because the vast majority of the US Mexican border looks like this...

Show me the line?

Not to mention, the line is actually contested in a lot of places, borders change over time as well. Stanstead is a city on the US Canadian border that was split in half when the border changed. The line goes right through people's houses, even.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-23 11:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Because the vast majority of the US Mexican border looks like this...

Show me the line?
Show me the reason behind being there in the first place.

Other than to cross the border, that is.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-23 11:17:30
Link | Citer | R

Well in a poorly marked area it's possible that someone living near the border might accidentally walk across it. The difference is they won't be planning on walking across it and if any border patrol folks are in the area then they will just point it out and they walk back across.

In contrast to this both Canada and Mexico will immediately throw you in jail. There was a Marine kept in Mexican jail for going across the border while being in possession of a weapon. He was driving near the border, got lost and ended up on the Mexican side. He informed them he was lost and was polite, after a little bit they arrested him and threw him in jail. This was during the same time that American solder went AWAL and defected. President Obama bargained for his return but refused to even acknowledge the Mexican's had the other guy.

Same thing happened to a retired CSM who accidentally drove over into Canada while in possession of a firearm. He informed the Canadian border agents he was lost and wanted to find his way back, they arrested him and threw him in jail for awhile.

But somehow the USA is Evil for oppressing those poor Mexicans.

In all cases the law is fairly clear. Crossing over into US territory without going through immigration and possessing a VISA is illegal no matter if one flies, drives, digs, walks or gets launched from a catapult.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-23 11:21:54
Link | Citer | R

gets launched from a catapult.
We should try it with some people anyway.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 11:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Well in a poorly marked area it's possible that someone living near the border might accidentally walk across it. The difference is they won't be planning on walking across it and if any border patrol folks are in the area then they will just point it out and they walk back across.

In contrast to this both Canada and Mexico will immediately throw you in jail. There was a Marine kept in Mexican jail for going across the border while being in possession of a weapon. He was driving near the border, got lost and ended up on the Mexican side. He informed them he was lost and was polite, after a little bit they arrested him and threw him in jail. This was during the same time that American solder went AWAL and defected. President Obama bargained for his return but refused to even acknowledge the Mexican's had the other guy.

Same thing happened to a retired CSM who accidentally drove over into Canada while in possession of a firearm. He informed the Canadian border agents he was lost and wanted to find his way back, they arrested him and threw him in jail for awhile.

But somehow the USA is Evil for oppressing those poor Mexicans.

In all cases the law is fairly clear. Crossing over into US territory without going through immigration and possessing a VISA is illegal no matter if one flies, drives, digs, walks or gets launched from a catapult.

It wasn't crossing the border that landed them in jail, it was being in possession of a firearm, which is illegal in those countries.

Also, surprise, other countries don't necessarily have the same laws we do. I'm sure the New Mexico police would let you go if you accidentally walked across the Colorado state line while in possession of marijuana.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-23 11:24:37
Link | Citer | R

yeah..... so if you could just go ahead and gtfo...

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-23 11:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

yeah..... so if you could just go ahead and gtfo...

My parents immigrated here legally, my wife as well.
By fonewear 2015-08-23 11:30:06
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 216 217 218