First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 216 217 218
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 12:56:51
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
So you are saying trump made billions of dollars off of being lucky and charismatic. So if he were starting Fallout 4 he would have no Endurance Strength Intelligence etc. That sounds like a terrible Fallout 4 character...
Well.....he would make a great mithra thief in ffxi.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Trump has created a brand, and he does the marketing for that brand really, really well. He has an ego that lets him sell snake oil to people while acting like it is the best product in the world. It's one of the reasons he's still able to attract investors when his record has been -at best- spotty in terms of recouped investment, let alone profit.

This is among the more offensive aspects of the man and I don't understand how anyone can accept this in a person. It's like commissioned salespeople being slimy, loud, pushy, etc. They do it because it works, and I don't understand who is so *** stupid that it works on them, but apparently it's the vast majority of people.

I don't get it. It's loathsome and makes me want to be as far away from the salesperson as possible and certainly under NO circumstances let them run my country.

What is wrong with being loud and pushy it has gotten Hillary pretty far in politics also...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:58:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying you have to be an *** to be in business but it helps !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 12:59:17
Link | Citer | R

So you are saying trump made billions of dollars off of being lucky and charismatic. So if he were starting Fallout 4 he would have no Endurance Strength Intelligence etc. That sounds like a terrible Fallout 4 character...

I dunno. Two levels of idiot Savant (don't handicap yourself taking the third!), maxed Scrounger, Cap Collector, maxed Mysterious Stranger, the companion+ perks...

You can do pretty well. You're stuck relying on what you can buy/lot for your weapon/gear mods, but other than that...
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it does. It's the "why" I can't figure out.

You have to have someone to take advantage of. It's those people that breed success among businesspeople.

I hate jackass arrogant fast-talking salesmen, but I also don't fall for their ***. But more people do than don't, apparently -- or the people that do fall for it spend a lot -- because that's still the "best" way to work in some sales/business circles.

Who is falling for their ***?
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:01:59
Link | Citer | R

With no STR how are you going to carry all that stuff !
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 13:02:11
Link | Citer | R

It's mostly because he had a rich dad that loaned him the equivalent of $6.7 million dollars. And then he got lucky.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:02:39
Link | Citer | R

With no STR how are you going to carry all that stuff !

Recruit Strong and lie to him.

Duh.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:02:45
Link | Citer | R

It's like the guy that invented the pet rock. Is it his fall people were dumb enough to buy it ? Or his fault for making ti ?
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:03:03
Link | Citer | R

It's like the guy that invented the pet rock. Is it his fall people were dumb enough to buy it ? Or his fault for making ti ?

Both.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:03:05
Link | Citer | R

it *
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
It's mostly because he had a rich dad that loaned him the equivalent of $6.7 million dollars. And then he got lucky.

And what is wrong with that ? Should family not be allowed to pass money on to their children ?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 13:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Should family not be allowed to pass money on to their children ?
That's totally what I said.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-23 13:13:08
Link | Citer | R

And what is wrong with that ? Should family not be allowed to pass money on to their children ?

He loaned him $1 million, don't try to inflate it saying the equivalent of $6.7mil. It was $1 mill
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 13:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Yeah, it does. It's the "why" I can't figure out.

You have to have someone to take advantage of. It's those people that breed success among businesspeople.

I hate jackass arrogant fast-talking salesmen, but I also don't fall for their ***. But more people do than don't, apparently -- or the people that do fall for it spend a lot -- because that's still the "best" way to work in some sales/business circles.

Who is falling for their ***?
This same argument can be said about politicians.

"OMG, the politician had such a great speech last night! The atmosphere was electric!"

Who cares how charismatic your politician is as long as they are doing what they have been put in office to do?

Answer: pretty much every voter since we had speeches put in a video format

Also, people who fall for *** *usually* fall into two categories:
a.) will never admit there was any *** involved
b.) will never admit for falling for the *** to begin with

It's hard to admit you were wrong as you have to question your judgment and think about your choices.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-23 13:14:50
Link | Citer | R

I would argue that Trump isn't an idiot as most people call him... I think for the most part he's just a narcissist and whether or not he received money to start his business or had an upper hand to begin his own business ventures something can be said that he managed to grow the business. Idiots can't rely on dumb luck alone to accomplish that...
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 13:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

He loaned him $1 million, don't try to inflate it saying the equivalent of $6.7mil. It was $1 mill
Ah, someone who doesn't understand what the word equivalent means.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Soon as I saw this I was on the Trump bandwagon:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-23 13:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

Why does it matter? They only cite the 6.7 million number to show purchasing power for the differing times so if you were to start a business Today the equivalent loan would be this amount in 2016 dollars... It's not really a big deal either way...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 13:18:33
Link | Citer | R

At least with pet rocks you got a product that actually was what it claimed to be.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-23 13:21:10
Link | Citer | R

When most people bring up the loan or assistance from the family business they're just attempting to argue that without that help, which the majority of people don't receive, he wouldn't have succeeded as he did... Some make the same argument about people like bill gates and others like him... Given a competitive advantage long before others does give you a good head start but you still also have to take the initiative and use the advantage you were given as well...

Is it the only way into the big times? No. Does it help? Yes. Is it guaranteed? No
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 13:30:22
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely.

But don't act like it didn't help or attract other investors. Showing that you already have a significant cash flow invested (and that you shook down family and friends to get it) has a positive impact on investors.

Not even counting the network he had available to use through his father's contacts.

Trying to minimize the impact is dishonest.

He had help initially, own it. Instead of belittling his father's help acknowledge that not everyone has access to these resources but that he decided how this initial investment was directed and that by making sound business decisions* he accomplished a lot.

It would be a good marketing plan, rather than trying to minimize it's effect at the time.
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:38:29
Link | Citer | R

I really don't care about his business etc I just want him to insult people on CNN etc and get under people's skin.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Trying to minimize the impact is dishonest.

Yet it's something that pretty much every moneyed individual tries to do at some time. It's like they can't admit that anything but their own skills and hard work got them somewhere.

I'm all about taking advantage of whatever benefits you can get in life, but admit luck of the draw when you get it, ffs.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:41:05
Link | Citer | R

I really don't care about his business etc I just want him to insult people on CNN etc and get under people's skin.

Nobody was really unclear on your (or Nik's) reasoning at this point.

We get it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-23 13:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Because if you talk about that dreaded word privilege it leaves your ideology of bootstraps... made in China.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 13:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Yea but if Trump admits he needed help to make billions it makes him look weak. The self made man is far more intriguing than saying "My dad gave me millions of dollars, I got lucky investing in real estate, then I ran for President.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Yea but if Trump admits he needed help to make billions it makes him look weak. The self made man is far more intriguing than saying "My dad gave me millions of dollars, I got lucky investing in real estate, then I ran for President.

Yeah, honesty *** sucks.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-23 13:44:01
Link | Citer | R

I would think people would be more appalled by the fact that Donald trump suits and ties are made in China!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 13:44:22
Link | Citer | R

Yea but if Trump admits he needed help to make billions it makes him look weak.

I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain figured out how weak/fragile his ego is when he felt the need to imply a brag about his *** size on national television.

The man is the political equivalent of the redneck with balls hanging off his oversized truck's trailer hitch.

And that's exactly who is voting for him.

And it's really a sad day for our country.
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 216 217 218