Looking At IP Addresses That Accessed My Account...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Looking at IP Addresses that accessed my account...
Looking at IP Addresses that accessed my account...
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2008-07-09 05:47:57
Link | Citer | R

I was changing my p/w and I noticed someone access my account from another IP Address. Is there any protection from people hacking my FFXIAH account and how is this even possible. I use only MAC computer.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-07-09 13:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Few things. Just because you are using a mac, doesn't make your computer completely secure. If you see an IP that doesn't belong to you, that means someone has your password. There are many ways to retrieve passwords that don't involve touching your mac.

What you should do now is change your password, make sure it's unique, strong, and unguessable.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-07-09 14:09:55
Link | Citer | R

I would also suggest scanning your computer for Trojans and avoid reusing passwords. I especially recommend you don't use your POL password for your FFXIAH account or any other online account. You can never be too cautious.
 Valefor.Forgotten
Serveur: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2008-07-10 02:42:48
Link | Citer | R

<handylink>
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/password/checker.mspx
</handylink>
 Sylph.Fiendishone
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Fiendishone 2008-07-10 10:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Speaking of getting hacked......happened to me this morning. Other people with f'n k clubs, speed belts, and hundreds of millions of gil, and my sorry *** has to get hijacked. And I have to wait till noon EST to call and *** at Squenix. Yippie!