FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
 Cerberus.Laconic
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-16 00:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Yeah I get it, you hate handhelds

The thing is if you connect the DS to your TV you use the handheld as a controller and it'll be like playing a console game

You're just being silly.

Seriously dude.. Why in the hell would I want to buy a Handheld for 1 or 2 games that are horribly redone. Not to mention all the ways they are inferior to consoles. It is bad enough I am contemplating getting a PS4 just for Battlefront and now FF7.

Being silly is buying into everything just because SE and Sony spread it out to get more money.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I had to give Jassik a + because of how wrong you are thanks a lot.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2015-06-16 00:37:19
Link | Citer | R

if you watch close they talk about reunion after the calm or something so this must be a ff7 part 2
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-16 00:40:18
Link | Citer | R

if you watch carefully, they literally say "remake"
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-16 00:48:04
Link | Citer | R

I desperately hope it's not a miscommunication and they actually mean "remaster".
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-16 00:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
if you watch close they talk about reunion after the calm or something so this must be a ff7 part 2

I think the dialogue was just a clever way of using FF7 terminology as metaphors for the long wait leading up to the remake.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-16 00:59:56
Link | Citer | R

I could see this as another step away from the console market. Everyone has always said FFVII would be the last thing they remake - so if they've decided to go full mobile game then this would be the one thing left to get out of the way (well this and KH3 which is also coming).
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-16 01:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I could see this as another step away from the console market. Everyone has always said FFVII would be the last thing they remake - so if they've decided to go full mobile game then this would be the one thing left to get out of the way (well this and KH3 which is also coming).

SE likes money way to much to do this. Why would they not remake other FF games after doing this. Its only the beginning "as long as they don't screw it up, which its SE so that very well could".

SE will accept this as long as possible.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-16 01:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Low development cost and micro-transactions... that's why they'd do it for mobile. Plus their tradition of pissing off their loyal customers.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-16 01:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Low development cost and micro-transactions... that's why they'd do it for mobile. Plus their tradition of pissing off their loyal customers.

I really hope that they get their act together for this one. I'd like to think that they know what's riding on this remake, especially given their hesitance to go through with it. It could be their biggest financial windfall ever or it could be the thing that finally kills the company. They absolutely have to walk on eggshells.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-16 01:28:36
Link | Citer | R

It's a pretty easy formula, though. Decent voice acting, graphical overhaul, fix some glitches. It's only going to be a failure if they try to change too much and do it poorly or phone it in like the HD remasters that have been new game price for some ENB and a few extra polygons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-06-16 01:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Dude sounds like Bryan Cranston.

Yeah, in that they're both white males.

It's pretty obviously David Lodge lol
Who?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-16 01:39:28
Link | Citer | R

It's a pretty easy formula, though. Decent voice acting, graphical overhaul, fix some glitches. It's only going to be a failure if they try to change too much and do it poorly or phone it in like the HD remasters that have been new game price for some ENB and a few extra polygons.

The voice acting should be interesting. I'm one of those weirdos that liked Advent Children, but the voice acting and dialogue just sounded too much like caricatures of the characters. Cloud, you sound emo. Aeris, you sound innocent. Cait Sith, you sound... super Scottish? It's going to take some true talent to actually bring out the spectrum of personalities that a lot of the characters have.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-06-16 01:41:23
Link | Citer | R

who else started to tear up/heart flutter when they saw this?
[+]
 Asura.Raanan
By Asura.Raanan 2015-06-16 01:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Well I got an email confirming it's a goer..

http://Www.facebook.com/finalfantasy suits me if it's true
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2015-06-16 02:20:10
Link | Citer | R

This is truly one of those things i always wanted to happen and as more time passed, the more i "knew" it was never going to happen, and now that its official, i can truly say moments like this are why i love video games. Is FFVII my favorite RPG of all-time, perhaps, (i was lucky to have grown up in the Chrono Trigger/FFVI/etc era)but what RPG truly is my favorite of all-time is up for the debate for me (and thats not why im here)...all i know is FFVII was easily one of the defying games of the next gen consoles of its era, its like asking ppl why they think FFVI was so good, it was genre-changing.

I really dont know what else to say, i mean, bravo to Square Enix for investing in a project i honestly felt they didnt have the balls to do so...and if done right, this could catapult their name back to the forefront of MMOs/JRPGs/etc as the best in the business. Yes thats how much stock i have in this game, thats what it can do for SE, not to mention the Final Fantasy franchise, which with FFXV it seems to be putting all of its proverbial eggs into one basket with...the success of the FFVII remake can help soften that burden. Im still in awe as im typing this, happy days. I could care less if this game wont even be playable for like 2~3 years like i suspect, easily imo the biggest news out of E3 this year.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-16 02:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Why did it sound like Jiraiya was narrating that preview?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 04:32:46
Link | Citer | R

I kind of hope game comes out on PC at launch as well, I feel like with the innovation to newer graphics cards (HMB,Stacked DDR) we would be able to really push that game much more on PC. Not to mention this is one game i would definitely love to be involved with modding wise D:
By Jetackuu 2015-06-16 06:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

give options, it's the only way to make as many people as happy as possible, let the individual choose.

Text vs voice
original vs "improved" translations
not to mention any and all possible battle adjustments one could do, including but not limited to more bosses.

But that's just my opinion, so whatevs.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-16 06:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
And to people who allow themselves to be coerced into buying a game system for one game... "A fool and his money..."
I bought my PS2 to play FFX, saved up for months to do it at the time.

Worth every penny.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 07:19:35
Link | Citer | R

i got a ps4 when it first came out because they showed Kingdom hearts 3, and verus 13. (ff15)

opened it and played it for a week and then it sat collecting dust for a solid 8months.

Started to regret owning one until earlier this year when bloodbourne and ff15 demo came out. Totally worth getting one now imo. a bunch of stuff to play on it now.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-16 08:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
There's always the (slim) chance that they play this basically straight, and we get the old school, gruff badass Cloud, and not any of the later revisions.
Somehow I doubt it's gonna happen.

Sure we can hope (I am!) but hope often leads to disappointment =/
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-16 10:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

give options, it's the only way to make as many people as happy as possible, let the individual choose.

Text vs voice
not to mention any and all possible battle adjustments one could do, including but not limited to more bosses.

So long as there is a JP language track....
Because...
I'm sorry... But... 99% of the English dubs for Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and all the little stuff...
Are some of the worst VAs I have ever heard.

Especially Aerith.
She has had one "decent" VA English dub.... I wanna say KH2 maybe? Idr which one. It was by no means good... But it was "ok"... And it wasn't part of FFVIII.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-16 10:25:21
Link | Citer | R

If you think the dubs in AC and CC were bad, clearly you weren't gaming during the 90s.

/point

Nothing's wrong with most of SEs dubwork and we've seen in FFXII that given the right VAs, english dubs can be *** amazing. I expect nothing less from the SE flagship than the best voicework money can buy here.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-16 10:38:44
Link | Citer | R

"From the company that brought you FFXIII and two unwanted sequels, and an upcoming installment known as FFXV that could likely be another flop, brings you their take on a legacy, FFVII Remake!"

Get ready to have you hearts broken.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-16 10:57:33
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Jetackuu said: »

Text vs voice

So long as there is a JP language track....
Because...
I'm sorry... But... 99% of the English dubs for Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and all the little stuff...
Are some of the worst VAs I have ever heard.

Especially Aerith.
She has had one "decent" VA English dub.... I wanna say KH2 maybe? Idr which one. It was by no means good... But it was "ok"... And it wasn't part of FFVIII.
case in motherfucking point!
[+]
By runeghost 2015-06-16 12:55:08
Link | Citer | R

-sigh-
Guess I will have to get a Play Station 4 then...
Could someone verify for me that if you get a PS4, then through the Play Station network you can download and play on it the old Final Fantasies? (I-IX, preferably?)
I have seen the wikipedia pages; I just want to hear from someone with personal experience .. also confirm that PSN has to be connected to play games?
Hm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-17 05:55:03
Link | Citer | R

While this remake is interesting, at least here in brasil it isnt worth to buy a ps4 just to play ff7, as our ps4 has the privilege of being the most expensive ps4 in the world.

Gonna wait till it is launched in pc version, if SE really wants to have my money.

But im looking forward to play the ff7 port for iOS when its available. SE can count my cash on that.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-06-17 06:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Chriscoffey said: »
I remember playing FFVII when it was released. I am also concerned about how they "Remake" this game considering for me everything after X has been lackluster at best. I would like to think they are smart enough to stick traditional with the changes needed graphically and voice overs to make this game truly exciting just like playing it all over again.

I played the first FF on NES back in the day when it was released and it was an experience I kept with me for years after playing Dragon Warrior. Squaresoft used to be the company that you knew when a game was released it was going to be great no matter the title. That hook was what kept most of us playing and I think for the majority of players who started with FF1 it has taken a major leap off a cliff (cough cough Square Enix combined). I guess I can hope( I am a dark knight after all GO GO POWER SCYTHE.. yeah never happening).

I don't know, i feel in a modern 3D enviroment, the game will need to have tasteful changes, to be good.
I didn't mind some of the gameplay elements in 13, just i felt it got ruined by the mass sequalisation.

But there's going to a Major difference, and that the feeling the director had whilst producing it. He was dealing with the loss of family, and many of those messages are in the game, i feel as if that to some degree, will be lost. I am hopeful for it, but at the same time, scared about the loss of messages the original convey'd so well. But this doesn't stop me from being excited though.

We'll just have to wait and see.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-17 08:46:47
Link | Citer | R

They mean the couple thousand year calm between when the first Meteor hit(which contained Jenova, and damaged the planet and caused Cetra to go berserk, and the current period where Jenova has been laying dormant and split into countless fragments.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25