Make a Mythic in 1 Month Challege
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-05-22 16:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Ok, since it's pretty obvious you can't make a Mythic in 1 day without significant prior work, I figure why not have an actual challenge to complete one in 1 month? That's a fairly generous timeline for anyone with a full time job.

The challenge makes a few assumptions:

1.) You have a level 99 character.
2.) You have access to Aht Urghan.
3.) You're able to get Salvage tags (must have completed Aht Urghan Mission 17).
4.) You already have Captain. If you want a tougher (read: more annoying) experience, feel free to attempt the challenge without starting in Captain status.
5.) You already have the KIs to spam events.
6.) You can do any of the events with friends, solo is not required, i.e. Nyzul Token farm.
7.) You or a friend has access to floor 96 in Nyzul Isle.

Pseudo-maths:

Kings: 5 Hours ~ 1 day
All that travel and prep-work.

Assaults: 12 1/2 Hours ~ 4 days
50 assaults, averaging probably 15 minutes per assault (some shorter, some longer) means twelve and a half hours.

Einherjar: 53 Hours (9 Real Hours) ~ across the month
Though it only takes 5-10 minutes to complete a run, you'll have to wait on the time gate to finish.

Salvage: 250 Hours (125 Real Hours) ~ across the month
250 Hours?! If you got 120 Alexandrite a run on average, you'd need 250 runs on a 1 hour timer to complete. However, with the price of Alexandrite dropping, you will probably need to resort to buying Alexandrites or farming gil faster than you could get the Alexandrite.

Nyzul Isle: 12 1/2 Hours ~ 4 days
Assuming 6k tokens a run, pretty lowball number, you'd need 25 runs to get 150k tokens. 25 x 30 minutes per run, you'd end up with twelve and a half hours.

ZNM: 8 Hours ~ 3 days
Pictures, Running Around, Killin' Stuff.

Travel Time: 30 Hours
Guesstimate of running to Einherjar, to Salvage, to Assaults, and waiting on people to gather for Nyzul Isle.

Assuming you can play 4 hours a night on weeknights and 12 hours on the weekends with 8 weekend days and 22 weeknights you'd have 184 hours to complete your task.

A way of going about it would probably be..

Day 1
Knock out the Kings the first day or two. Doing Salvage and Einherjar between Kings.

Day 3
Do a Salvage run as soon as you log in, followed by an Einherjar run, then knock out an Assault and repeat.

Day 8
Once you've whittled down the Assaults change to Nyzul Isle during the downtime between your Salvage and Einherjar.

Day 13
Once you've finished Nyzul Isle, you can work on ZNM during your downtimes for Salvage.

Day 17 Onward
Once you've gotten the three items, continue doing Salvage and intermix gil events to optimize Alexandrite purchases.

Enjoy your new Mythic!
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 16:57:00
Link | Citer | R

If you have infinite patience for farming, I'm almost positive the most frustrating roadblock here would be getting people to do Odin with you.
By lhova 2015-05-22 17:45:19
Link | Citer | R

if only I could find peeps on my server who are dedicated enough to thier jobs and have similar play times as me... I like the time map you used though, very doable without going insane lol..
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-05-22 17:55:25
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
If you have infinite patience for farming, I'm almost positive the most frustrating roadblock here would be getting people to do Odin with you.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but given the annoying tp moves I will assume you are serious. Odin is easily soloable on bst. Just call a pet before you enter and wait for cooldown as well if you really want to play it safe. Then enter and let pet take it down to 74%, use CB again and repeat to 49%, pop BL to take it to 24%, pop unleash to refresh CB timer and drop it from there. I was able to kill it with razor fang from 11% so I didnt have to deal with the death move but with unleash and the fairly long readying time, Id imagine it wouldnt matter anyways.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-22 18:39:03
Link | Citer | R

You are ignoring some stuff. You added in time to do the beastman Kings, so let's pretend we are starting everything, except or including obtaining Captain. You also need to

Farm tier 1 and 2 of Einherjar, as well as kill Odin v.1
Farm all 4 of the original Salvage zones for the boss clears on those.

All easy steps, and all can add to different phases, like doing the tier 1 and 2 and Odin adds to you Ichor total. But it is all still part of the process.
[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
Serveur: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-05-22 18:47:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm wondering if you guys have any advice for farming salvage, I used to run 75 cap SSR a lot just for gil and because I like it but by the sounds of the guide theres a more efficient way to farm alex.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 18:49:46
Link | Citer | R

I duoed Odin with SMN and NIN.

Probably easiest with two players because of draw in and his 10k Needles type move that'll most definitely kill your pet.
By Wordspoken 2015-05-22 19:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Scottyb said: »
I'm wondering if you guys have any advice for farming salvage, I used to run 75 cap SSR a lot just for gil and because I like it but by the sounds of the guide theres a more efficient way to farm alex.
With iLvl gear AR2 is...easy to say the least. There's a good guide on BG. BR2 is easyish too.
 Fenrir.Tecan
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tecan
By Fenrir.Tecan 2015-05-22 19:20:22
Link | Citer | R

I've wa
I was spamming AR2 before the update but I find SSR2 to be best for quick and easy linen farming. The alex averages 50-99 just from linen but on pup I can do it in less than 20 min. If you want to farm the whole zone out you can get about 30 alex from the gears alone. It's the next best thing when you've used up your AR2 for the day.
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-05-23 15:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the replies, I have most jobs at the appropriate level and can get sparks gear for all of course, is thief any good for this is do I need a more defensive job?
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-05-23 18:06:19
Link | Citer | R

AR2 should be fairly simple with THF, just learn the route and mechanics. SSR2 you'll want a pet job or RUN or PLD w/Aegis.
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-05-28 16:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, what is the reason for only doing 1 AR2 per day?
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-05-29 11:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, what is the reason for only doing 1 AR2 per day?

It used to be unbalanced in regards to maximum alexandrite obtainable when compared to the other zones. People would spam AR instead of the other zones, so SE made a time lock to force encourage people doing back-to-back runs to do two different areas to alleviate congestion and zone lock-outs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-05-29 11:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
SSR2 you'll want a pet job or RUN or PLD w/Aegis.

I do this zone regularly on BLU/THF, it's the fastest of the 4 zones for me if I'm doing a speed run, taking only 15 mins. However, this zone nets me the fewest alex, due to not having many worthwhile gears to kill along the route. Subduction rules this zone, though. Of the 4 zones, it's the only one I stay in club/subduction mode the entire time (up until the mega and mini boss)

If stephen hawking uses one of his tier 5 nukes on you (which can regularly do 1k+ damage), just use sudden lunge afterward and cast magic fruit. He doesn't live long enough to be a threat.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-29 12:27:18
Link | Citer | R

I am now doing AR2 on ninja... And it's easier, if a tad slower, than BLU. In exchange for Chain Affinity, I gain a wall of shadows that flips the finger at pretty much anything that isn't Fulmination. Easy zerg, and it's fun too.

Not sure my nuke set's up to trying the Cerberus but heck, trying won't hurt now will it?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-29 16:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I am now doing AR2 on ninja... And it's easier, if a tad slower, than BLU. In exchange for Chain Affinity, I gain a wall of shadows that flips the finger at pretty much anything that isn't Fulmination. Easy zerg, and it's fun too.

Not sure my nuke set's up to trying the Cerberus but heck, trying won't hurt now will it?
If you have BLU, stick to that for Bhaflau, no job can kill Cerberus and Orthrus like BLU can. Each physical blue magic spell you cast will register as magic, but the damage will be calculated as physical, meaning each cast will become progressively stronger. The same trick applies to the Matamata and Craklaw in Delve.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-05-29 16:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

If you have BLU, stick to that for Bhaflau, no job can kill Cerberus and Orthrus like BLU can. Each physical blue magic spell you cast will register as magic, but the damage will be calculated as physical, meaning each cast will become progressively stronger. The same trick applies to the Matamata and Craklaw in Delve.

Honestly, i've been able to solo all the salvages on WHM in decent time (if im not AFking half way through). Salvage should be done to make it at least interesting imo.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-29 16:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

I indeed have BLU, a fairly decent one at that at least for physical spells. I've only done Bhaflau once, though, when someone ran me through it. I imagine it'd be easier due to the mechanics you've mentioned (they do make Mata a joke) but heck who wants easy all the time?

Plus, I have to justify 225 job points SOMEHOW.

then again, chaining Sinker Drill might also be fun..hmm.

Good advice as always from Jeanpaul.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-05-29 22:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Considering that AR2 on BLU is one of the easiest things I do in XI on any given day, I'm skeptical of NIN being meaningfully easier if you're playing both correctly. Aside from using Sanguine Blade on ramparts while waiting for Reinforcements, I cure myself all of maybe twice a run? Once on the first floor (after HP unlock, potentially just SB), then after NQ Khim (I AoE the chariots). I'd also expect NIN to be substantially slower; I'm currently doing 26 minutes per run killing the 4f Acroliths and all mobs from 5f up. Should be able to drop below 25 soon given continuing improvements to my gear and run strategy. Lastly, I expect you're probably giving up two levels of TH since I go BLU/THF + sash.

Chain Affinity is the least of what you're giving up here.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-06-11 10:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Is it best to just spam Einherjar T3s or do T1-3 and an Odin v2? I only ask because I've never done Odin v2 and wasn't quite sure if v2 was worth it for the extra points compared to a higher difficulty (is he really tough in v2)?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-06-11 10:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
Is it best to just spam Einherjar T3s or do T1-3 and an Odin v2? I only ask because I've never done Odin v2 and wasn't quite sure if v2 was worth it for the extra points compared to a higher difficulty (is he really tough in v2)?

He's tough enough. Could probably do him with SMN/BST/PLD/WHM? His mechanics and the need to handle adds makes him annoying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-06-11 10:59:36
Link | Citer | R

That is what I figured. Spamming T3 it is.

Thanks!
 Asura.Disguys
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Disguys 2015-07-04 07:07:05
Link | Citer | R

What's the best floor to start when farming nyzul for 6K points a run?

It'll most likely be a duo for the majority and a trio every now and again?
 Siren.Kenesu
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-07-04 07:51:07
Link | Citer | R

95-115 is 5700ish
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-26 23:04:06
Link | Citer | R

how long does farming the alex take? from 0
By Wordspoken 2015-08-26 23:30:04
Link | Citer | R

20-30 mins to farm AR2/BR2, so it's kinda a question of how much time per day you play. I'd say 1-3 months is a realistic guess allowing lax schedule and doing other stuff. You could even hammer them in two weeks or something if you go hardcore.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-26 23:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
how long does farming the alex take? from 0

Just as a benchmark, doing once-a-day salvage with no buying would take about 250 days.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-26 23:38:58
Link | Citer | R

~250 runs, if you did that in 2 weeks you'd need to be at your computer 16 hours a day
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2015-08-26 23:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
~250 runs, if you did that in 2 weeks you'd need to be at your computer 16 hours a day
No life lol enjoy a dying 15 year old game
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-27 00:11:19
Link | Citer | R

i just want a mythic before the end to say i did it haha. the 30,00 number makes me go uuggghhh haha certainly dont have money to buy them so....
First Page 2