Gear Collector To Organizer!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gear Collector to Organizer!
Gear Collector to Organizer!
First Page 2
 Asura.Cly
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Clyment
By Asura.Cly 2015-05-22 16:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Help Please,

I was disappointed to find Gear Collector will no longer be maintained. I am not sure if I am the only one, but I have been having issues with Gear Collector since the last update.

That said it time to move on. Gear Collector was very handy because like most players needed to change jobs regularly.

There is not a lot of information on the net yet for Organizer.
Rooks on Lakshmi post on ffxivpro.com has good details, but doesn't give any informations on what to do if your are starting from scratch.

I am still using Script for Gear Swap so I have nothing set up. I only need Organizer to get gear from Mog House.

Any help would be great...
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2015-05-22 17:32:20
Link | Citer | R

Ok here's the long and short of it... it's really easy. Assuming your using Gearswap open up that file and on line one (shift the first line down if you need to) paste this exact line:
Code
require 'organizer-lib'

Obviously make sure that you have downloaded Organizer from the Windower Launcher > Addons and loaded it in game by typing: //lua l organizer

Now that you've done both of those things go into your mog house and get on any job that you have a functioning gearswap file for and that you have added the line I posted above to. Now simply type //gs org and every item listed in your gearswap file will be moved into your inventory... you'll probably have a heart attack when you see how fast it does this.

Keep in mind that by using this method (adding the line to your gearswap and typing //gs org) you are only grabbing items listed in your gearswap lua and nothing else. This will not grab weapons (unless they are in your sets) medicines, food, ect... Now if you'd like to take things a step further follow these directions:

Once you have collected all your gear via the method outlined above, go back into all your bags and grab any extra things you want and put them into your inventory. Got it all? Ok, now type //org freeze which will basically take a snapshot of all of your bags (safe safe2 locker storage inventory sack satchel case). You will see that several files were added to Organizer folders. You will need to do the same thing for each job that wish to have the ability to collect gear on, however you only have to do this once (if you change gear, say upgrade an empy armor from 109 to 119 for example) you will need to re-freeze your bags again to reflect those changes. Anyway.... once you have done the "freeze" instead of typing //gs org to grab your gear, you will type //org o which will make all of your inventory and other bags exactly as they were when you "froze" them.

That's the long and short of it, hopefully it helps. I am pretty terrible at explaining things so if you have any other questions just ask.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-22 18:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Hi! Three things:

1) There's actually a change coming to organizer-lib for gearswap that will make adding non-armor pieces easier.

2) If the current documentation is lacking in some way, please let me know! I don't always know what people don't know about it, so the perspective of a newcomer is very valuable. I'm happy to add to the docs anything that will make it easier to use.

3) For a newcomer, just running //gs org when you change jobs ought to work. You don't need to do any setup beyond what's in your GS file. The more involved //org freeze and //org o workflow is great once you get the idea, but for starting out, just //gs org and let organizer do the work for you. (Always do a //gs validate after, to be sure!)

If you have any problems, please post them in the Organizer thread, and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Cly
By Asura.Cly 2015-05-23 02:10:30
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys,

Like I said above I don't use Addons Gearswap, I am still using Script to call text files using the "/console exec" method.

Rooks post mentions that we don't need GearSwap for Organizer. I don't have time to learn GearSwap(RL, etc), but I do plan to. In the mean time I would like have a quick(and dirty) method to get gear from my Mog House to Gobbiebag.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-05-23 06:15:46
Link | Citer | R

First thing i would say is thanks a lot for this amazing add-on if SE can have peoples like you maybe the game didn't became a crap.

then i'm looking for set job by job the case i wanna use for get and dump, and actually that seems impossible.

exemple:
PLD items dumped from inventory to Sack.(disable all other case)
BLM items dumped from inventory to Satchel.(disable all other case)
BLM items dumped from inventory to Locker.(disable all other case)

did you know the way to do that actually or did you plan to update the soft to allow that ?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-23 06:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cly said: »
Thanks guys,

Like I said above I don't use Addons Gearswap, I am still using Script to call text files using the "/console exec" method.

Rooks post mentions that we don't need GearSwap for Organizer. I don't have time to learn GearSwap(RL, etc), but I do plan to. In the mean time I would like have a quick(and dirty) method to get gear from my Mog House to Gobbiebag.

Learning Gearswap really isn't needed. A lot of people are willing to contribute their existing files for their various jobs. All you have to do is modify the gear section with what you use personally.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 07:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys,

My mistake, I misread your original post.

What you're going to want to do is this:
1) get on a job, say, BRD.
2) get your inventory set as you like it
3) run //org freeze - this will make a bunch of Cly_BRD.lua files in appropriate places
4) repeat 1-3 for any other jobs you want quick access to
5) when you want to gear up BRD, change to BRD and run //org o

Step 5 will do its best to replicate your inventories (all of them) as closely to what you had as it can. You don't need gearswap for this at all, just some time getting your inventory set up so you can snapshot it with freeze.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 07:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
First thing i would say is thanks a lot for this amazing add-on if SE can have peoples like you maybe the game didn't became a crap.

then i'm looking for set job by job the case i wanna use for get and dump, and actually that seems impossible.

exemple:

did you know the way to do that actually or did you plan to update the soft to allow that ?

Are you suggesting job specific bag_priority/dump_bags rules? I hadn't planned on that - one of the reasons to use organizer is that you don't have to care where gear is anymore.

There's also the question of how will it know what gear is for what job; a lot of gear is for multiple jobs. If this is something people really want and I can be given an obvious workflow for it, I'm happy to implement it; I just think there's a lot of ambiguity and the end result (knowing all your BLM stuff is in Locker) isn't as important if organizer handles inventory management for you anyway.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-05-23 08:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to set up sort of a blanket ignore effect for certain types of gear? Forgive me if I worded that improperly, but essentially what I'm looking at is porter moogle gear. Generally most of my jobs have anywhere from 10-20 pieces of gear from the moogle (AF/RF 1-3, things like Enif legs or a few NNI pieces, etc). With Gear Collector, there was a whole file for locking what item pieces would never be moved, so that I could swap my gear around, grab my slips, and then head to the porter moogle to turn in/take out gear as relevant to my new job.

Is there a way to replicate this on a larger scale than the ignore function, or will I need to go and add each and every piece of porter moogle gear to the ignore function? (i.e. do I need to make that horrid Global file again? xD)
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-05-23 08:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

exemple:

Are you suggesting job specific bag_priority/dump_bags rules? I hadn't planned on that - one of the reasons to use organizer is that you don't have to care where gear is anymore.

There's also the question of how will it know what gear is for what job; a lot of gear is for multiple jobs. If this is something people really want and I can be given an obvious workflow for it, I'm happy to implement it; I just think there's a lot of ambiguity and the end result (knowing all your BLM stuff is in Locker) isn't as important if organizer handles inventory management for you anyway.
I take care about where the gear go, cause sometime after update many Addon and plugin stay broken for few days/week and if i wanna change job without problem during not working plugin time that can be a good option ^^
My coding skill is close to 0 so i don't realise if :
Focntion if job is "PLD" get slot "case" and dump slot "satchelt" can work
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 09:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
Is there a way to set up sort of a blanket ignore effect for certain types of gear? Forgive me if I worded that improperly, but essentially what I'm looking at is porter moogle gear. Generally most of my jobs have anywhere from 10-20 pieces of gear from the moogle (AF/RF 1-3, things like Enif legs or a few NNI pieces, etc). With Gear Collector, there was a whole file for locking what item pieces would never be moved, so that I could swap my gear around, grab my slips, and then head to the porter moogle to turn in/take out gear as relevant to my new job.

Is there a way to replicate this on a larger scale than the ignore function, or will I need to go and add each and every piece of porter moogle gear to the ignore function? (i.e. do I need to make that horrid Global file again? xD)

So, short of basically implementing porter moogle slip reading/gear definitions in organizer itself, the closest I could come would probably be wildcards:
Code
<ignore>
  <inventory>
    <af1>Gallant*</af1>
  </inventory>
</ignore>

I don't think that saves a ton of effort on the user's part, and it adds extra complexity to a module that is, to be frank, already pretty complicated under the hood.

I'm not saying it would never happen, but right now I don't think the development time/added complexity vs user function really justifies it. As always, if enough people want it and I can figure out a way to make it not cause more bugs than it solves, I'll give it a go, but right now I think it takes a back seat.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 09:25:09
Link | Citer | R

I take care about where the gear go, cause sometime after update many Addon and plugin stay broken for few days/week and if i wanna change job without problem during not working plugin time that can be a good option ^^
My coding skill is close to 0 so i don't realise if :
Focntion if job is "PLD" get slot "case" and dump slot "satchelt" can work

A totally reasonable request, especially after an update that broke a lot of things.

I think you're going to be better off using vanilla organizer (the freeze/org options) rather than //gs org. That lets you snapshot your inventory the way you want it, in a way that would be complicated (and thus, almost certainly bug-laden) to do via config and processing logic.

The real problem stems from the fact that there's too many questions about what to do with a piece of gear - if a piece of gear is used by both BLM and PLD, for example, and you're on WHM, where does it go? Case? Satchel? I don't know how I would write a generic version of that solver that wasn't either a nightmare to configure or introduced a ton of extra complexity to the code.

But again, I think the vanilla organizer usage will actually solve your problem in a better way. If you have questions about its function, and the docs don't help, let me know :)
 Valefor.Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-05-23 16:07:31
Link | Citer | R

So, short of basically implementing porter moogle slip reading/gear definitions in organizer itself, the closest I could come would probably be wildcards:
Code
<ignore>
  <inventory>
    <af1>Gallant*</af1>
  </inventory>
</ignore>

I don't think that saves a ton of effort on the user's part, and it adds extra complexity to a module that is, to be frank, already pretty complicated under the hood.

I'm not saying it would never happen, but right now I don't think the development time/added complexity vs user function really justifies it. As always, if enough people want it and I can figure out a way to make it not cause more bugs than it solves, I'll give it a go, but right now I think it takes a back seat.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I can understand how it's already complicated as it is, so it's no problem that we can't do anything more. Wildcards would be fine (assuming they're actually in; I may be misunderstanding and you're saying it would be complicated to add that in) as it would still cut down work to like a fifth for some sets (having all 22 jobs leveled and AF/RF/etc for all of them... yeah). If not, no pressure. I'll just trudge through. xD
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 16:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick feedback. I can understand how it's already complicated as it is, so it's no problem that we can't do anything more. Wildcards would be fine (assuming they're actually in; I may be misunderstanding and you're saying it would be complicated to add that in) as it would still cut down work to like a fifth for some sets (having all 22 jobs leveled and AF/RF/etc for all of them... yeah). If not, no pressure. I'll just trudge through. xD

Ah, no, no wildcards currently - I was saying adding wildcards (and thus string comparisons) adds more complexity, even on its own (and doesn't really solve the problem the way you want it solved).

However, I took a minute to look at the slips.lua in libs. That gives me the necessary IDs to do the checking, which means something like <ignore_slip_items>true</ignore_slip_items> is actually reasonable (though would carry a performance hit; that's a lot of IDs to compare to).

I'm mostly away from the desk today, but slips.lua might make that trivial. I'll let you know.

[Edit: I thought of a way to do this fairly cleanly. Is this a feature people would want? My general idea is that if you have the option set, it would not move slip-storable gear out of inventory (could move it IN, of course). Let me know if this is something that would be useful to you.]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-05-23 18:35:39
Link | Citer | R

I would absolutely love it, if that would work! Moving it into my inventory means that if something accidentally got shuffled somewhere I'd still be able to dig it up, and it would make gearing ten times easier than having to run out, store stuff, switch gear, run out, pull stuff out etc. XD

But yes, if it's not a huge bother, I'm totally interested. :o
 Asura.Cly
By Asura.Cly 2015-05-23 18:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys,

My mistake, I misread your original post.

What you're going to want to do is this:
1) get on a job, say, BRD.
2) get your inventory set as you like it
3) run //org freeze - this will make a bunch of Cly_BRD.lua files in appropriate places
4) repeat 1-3 for any other jobs you want quick access to
5) when you want to gear up BRD, change to BRD and run //org o

Step 5 will do its best to replicate your inventories (all of them) as closely to what you had as it can. You don't need gearswap for this at all, just some time getting your inventory set up so you can snapshot it with freeze.
This is perfect, thank you very much for your help :)
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 19:26:06
Link | Citer | R

I would absolutely love it, if that would work! Moving it into my inventory means that if something accidentally got shuffled somewhere I'd still be able to dig it up, and it would make gearing ten times easier than having to run out, store stuff, switch gear, run out, pull stuff out etc. XD

But yes, if it's not a huge bother, I'm totally interested. :o

Ha, well I know you want it. I was trying to gauge if anyone else would find it useful before I add a big honkin' feature.

At this point, I'll probably add it even if there aren't a lot of takers, since I have a properly generic way to implement that will make other similar features easier, but I was trying to get a feel for what else people would like.
By Senan 2015-05-26 10:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Slight necro here, but I didn't want to make a new thread to ask this:

I just installed Organizer for the basic functionality of assigning specific inventory to each of my jobs (pretty much only two at the moment) and I'm having a problem getting it to work right. I just wanted to have it to where if I switch to my BLU for example, I can bring his gear into my inventory while removing my DRKs gear back to the wardrobe. The problem is, while the gear retrieves properly when I switch jobs and type the //org organize command, it isn't removing the other jobs gear. It tells me that so many items were "missing" and the items it's referring to appear to be those very pieces of gear from the other job. Sorry if this sounds really confusing; I'm having a hard time putting it in words, heh.

Basically, I just want to know if I'm doing something incorrectly here and/or what's causing items to be "missing" when I unfreeze. For whatever reason, it's not sending items back to wardrobe even when they're not part of the "frozen" profile that I'm using. If I, for example, "freeze" with only a set of bronze armor on my DRK, switch jobs, then switch back and unfreeze, I should have that bronze armor and only that bronze armor in my DRKs inventory, right?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
 Asura.Teakwood
By Asura.Teakwood 2015-05-31 02:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Rooks, you posted that you'd be implementing that feature on my birthday, and it's a feature I really want, so I'm gonna consider it a birthday present. :3 Organizer is INCREDIBLE and you are my hero.
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-31 02:56:29
Link | Citer | R

exemple:

i would like this done. this was in the orginal gearcollector app by whitewing, before the plugin. i havent be able to use gearcollector since then.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-31 08:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Teakwood said: »
Rooks, you posted that you'd be implementing that feature on my birthday, and it's a feature I really want, so I'm gonna consider it a birthday present. :3 Organizer is INCREDIBLE and you are my hero.

Wait, which feature? The slip based stuff? It's in there! Look at the Organizer thread's top post for the "retain" information.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-31 09:17:57
Link | Citer | R

Re: rule based item moving

The Organizer! node explains why it's complicated (and unlikely to happen), but I'll repost here since the topic's come up:

From the FAQ:
I want to set up rules that send BLM gear to Locker, THF gear to Safe, WHM gear to...
As much as I'd like to grant this fairly common request, there are a couple of problems with it.

Firstly, because gear can be worn by multiple jobs, the notion of what's a BLM piece vs a THF piece isn't always clear. Augmented items make it even murkier; For example, Helios Gloves could be augmented in any number of ways for any number of jobs, and the logic around deciphering which job is using a particular pair is out of scope for what organizer does.

Additionally, the configuration to make such a thing work, even if there was a clear way to discern that, would be complex for the user and ridiculous for the programmer (and certainly bug-prone).

Lastly, even if those two conditions could be hand-waved, the fact is that everyone who asks about it has a different vision for how it would operate. No way I implemented it would please everyone.

The closest you can get to this functionality is the //org freeze workflow, which I explicitly made job-specific by default to ease in taking/restoring snapshots of inventory. Sorry there isn't a better answer to this, but there really just isn't one. If someone can give me a solution to this problem in a workable way, I will be happy to implement it.

[Edit: changed some formatting to make it easier to read]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-02 15:15:12
Link | Citer | R

I have taken the steps above to create files for my three jobs, but whenever I try //org o , certain pieces of equipment don't come in. I'm not too interested in where the equipment goes when I change job (as gearcollector did the same thing), I am more interested in ensuring all the gear I can use gathers in my inventory.

I am still using gearcollector .. although it's pretty broken. I can get it to confirm when all chosen equipment is in my inventory, but then I have to manually move anything left over. I am trying to work organiser for the first time, and I am not using gesrswap. Also I am unsure how //org freeze works. When I did it initially, it made the files for the jobs as intended. When I tried to redo it, nothing appeared, so I couldn't be certain if I managed to re-freeze a job or not.

Any help with this would be great. I just got my dad on the PC version (after he spent years on Xbox) and taught him how to use gearcollector (which he said was amazing until it broke), so hopefully I can do the same thing for Organiser.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 15:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I have taken the steps above to create files for my three jobs, but whenever I try //org o , certain pieces of equipment don't come in. I'm not too interested in where the equipment goes when I change job (as gearcollector did the same thing), I am more interested in ensuring all the gear I can use gathers in my inventory.

I am still using gearcollector .. although it's pretty broken. I can get it to confirm when all chosen equipment is in my inventory, but then I have to manually move anything left over. I am trying to work organiser for the first time, and I am not using gesrswap. Also I am unsure how //org freeze works. When I did it initially, it made the files for the jobs as intended. When I tried to redo it, nothing appeared, so I couldn't be certain if I managed to re-freeze a job or not.

Any help with this would be great. I just got my dad on the PC version (after he spent years on Xbox) and taught him how to use gearcollector (which he said was amazing until it broke), so hopefully I can do the same thing for Organiser.

So, you can see if //org freeze did something by looking at the modified date on the file. You can also turn on verbose in the settings, which will tell you what it's freezing.

Can you give me more specific information on what doesn't end up in your inventory?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-02 17:44:05
Link | Citer | R

It appears to be random. I was playing around with it last night, trying to switch between drk thf and cor. Often some pieces of gear would remain from the old job while other pieces for the job I wanted remained in mog safe or locker.

So I tried again just now, I switched to an old THF file I did last night, and then back to a brand new DRK file I created with all my equipment. Certain items remained, like phoenix feathers, bronze bullets and leaftip stones for some reason. It didn't bring in pavor gauntlets, heathen hands and legs, and I think an ignominy piece.

I turned on verbose and it says many pieces of equipment are missing. Same thing as I experienced last night. It would bring in most of the equipment, but not all. Also a funny thing I just had happen, it unstacked my Adlivun Bullets, so single Bullets were taking up slots.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 18:03:13
Link | Citer | R

That's... odd.

What version of Organizer are you running?
How full are your inventories?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-02 18:10:32
Link | Citer | R

I have been using 60-75 slots depending on job. COR is the most versatile so I would bring all the gear I have in, then manually take anything out which isn't needed. I'm using the most recent version. And yes, I do have a few items, but I do have a lot of space. Also I didn't change any settings, just the verbose option.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 18:26:23
Link | Citer | R

The underlying problem is that Organizer's little Tower of Hanoi game that it plays isn't all thaaaaaat efficient. //org o in particular is trying to do a LOT of things; if your inventories have shifted significantly between the freeze and the thaw then it's going to have a lot of work to do.

I need to make that particular care more efficient, since it's going to be the default for people not using GS, but I wanted to stabilize it first; speed doesn't matter if 10% of runs turn into a crash.

It's duly noted though, and I'll see what I can do. Sorry it's not working as expected.

(The bullet thing worries me far more actually, since the last major crash bug was related to stackables, and I wonder if that's a side effect of the fix.)
First Page 2