Forum » FFXI » General » May 19th Maintainence
May 19th Maintainence
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-19 16:14:32
Link | Citer | R

HAH i knew i wasnt crazy when it didnt give me the option to get the Allid Ring when we owned throne room.

though with new rings, doesnt really matter anymore lol.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-19 16:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
What sucks is that you have to re-farm a Tribulen KI after EACH NM you kill. This forces you to either farm a lot of Slit beforehand in preparation for an evenings worth of Escha NM hunting, or you more or less have to disband and solo your 1000 Slit (since farming Slit as a group sucks).

A little more thought into this concept/process on SE's part would have been nice.
Thought? SE? Are we playing different games here?

Dev A: "Hey guys, we are making a new zone for endgame content, should we actually put appropriately leveled mobs in there?"

Dev B: "Nah, let's stuff more than half the zone with worthless, low level mobs instead."

Dev A: "Genius!!"

The zone actually offers a great deal to a new/returning player if they are 50+. its more a less a straight shot from entrance mobs to efts/dragons/bugards from 50-99. Great way to get back into the game or start working on a sub as well as farming silt.

thank heavens they're catering to the handful of people who came back rather than the people who have been giving them money from month to month!
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 16:20:49
Link | Citer | R

They're almost 3 hours late, now.

Jesus Christ, you'd think they'd at least tell us something, even if it's "Hey, we F'd up, not sure when we'll fix it, have a nice day!"
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-05-19 16:20:59
Link | Citer | R

meh I am fine with it since I don't have all jobs to 99 yet.
 Asura.Cyleena
Serveur: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-19 16:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Tsukime said: »
Asura.Cyleena said: »
Ragnarok.Tsukime said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
The 2 players on Bismarck that shouted are playing on console and one hinted to PC users not being able to log on. Can anyone debunk that?

My husband is playing on xbox and I can't log on pc... I don't know if that helps but brb going to hit him with a brick and play on the xbox.

It is not a PC issue. I know of 6 people on game right now on PC.

NA players though?

No, they are EU players that are on PC's on the game. But there are other EU players in my shell that are PC users that cannot get on as well. NA is not the only place affected. EU is affected as well. People from UK, Scotland, France, Kuwait, etc all reporting having issues signing on as well among other places.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-05-19 16:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah some form of communication from SE would be nice...
I remember in the past if there was an error after an (emergency) maintenance that there would be a very swift follow-up message.

Either the root of the problem hasn't been located yet or SE just doesn't care atm.

I'm hoping it's the first but...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-19 16:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
I remember in the past if there was an error after an (emergency) maintenance that there would be a very swift follow-up message.

Either the root of the problem hasn't been located yet or SE just doesn't care atm.

it's still late night/early morning in Japan. they'll figure something out when it actually starts impacting the motherland.
By volkom 2015-05-19 16:27:57
Link | Citer | R

SE's way of shutting down the game.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 16:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

it's still late night/early morning in Japan. they'll figure something out when it actually starts impacting the motherland.

So nice to know that the rest of us (Non-JP players) matter ever so much.

Now excuse me, I need a rag to wipe up the sarcasm that just dripped onto my keyboard.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-05-19 16:29:29
Link | Citer | R

it like the matrix they pulled the plug
 Asura.Kuendo
By Asura.Kuendo 2015-05-19 16:34:01
Link | Citer | R

What sucks is that you have to re-farm a Tribulen KI after EACH NM you kill. This forces you to either farm a lot of Slit beforehand in preparation for an evenings worth of Escha NM hunting, or you more or less have to disband and solo your 1000 Slit (since farming Slit as a group sucks).

A little more thought into this concept/process on SE's part would have been nice.

Dev A: "Hey guys, we are making a new zone for endgame content, should we actually put appropriately leveled mobs in there?"

Dev B: "Nah, let's stuff more than half the zone with worthless, low level mobs instead."

The zone actually offers a great deal to a new/returning player if they are 50+. its more a less a straight shot from entrance mobs to efts/dragons/bugards from 50-99. Great way to get back into the game or start working on a sub as well as farming silt.

thank heavens they're catering to the handful of people who came back rather than the people who have been giving them money from month to month!

At some point in a 13 year old game, you have to pave a new way for people to get to 99 and geared in Zeid Fantasy XI-2.

Ontopic: in NA and was able to log into the game fine after checking updates.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2015-05-19 16:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Is it me, or did anyone notice in the SE support site, they removed the Chat Support as an option?
 Odin.Azzariah
Serveur: Odin
user: Azzariah
By Odin.Azzariah 2015-05-19 16:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Its up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-19 16:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Good. SE had 25 minutes left to get it done!
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-05-19 16:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Azzariah said: »
Its up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you baby Kupofried.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-19 16:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Game is up!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-19 16:36:41
Link | Citer | R

So in a couple hours when we EU players go to bed, will the servers be empty?
 Bahamut.Jeyman
user: Dejet
By Bahamut.Jeyman 2015-05-19 16:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Iv been locked out for some time, just got back on.(NA player)
By Bloodrose 2015-05-19 16:39:28
Link | Citer | R

I found the solution, scrubs!

What worked for me, anyways, is logging out entirely from POL, then logging back in, and VOILA! able to play the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Gorion
user: Gorion
By Bahamut.Gorion 2015-05-19 16:39:54
Link | Citer | R

finally up fo me .. NA on Bahamut
By Nyruul 2015-05-19 16:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Finally I got to log in. Time to AFK in town!!
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-05-19 16:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Working for me as well.
By Nyruul 2015-05-19 16:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
I found the solution, scrubs!

What worked for me, anyways, is logging out entirely from POL, then logging back in, and VOILA! able to play the game.

lols @ you
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-19 16:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kuendo said: »

At some point in a 13 year old game, you have to pave a new way for people to get to 99 and geared in Zeid Fantasy XI-2.

man, wouldn't that be great? I wish there were zones in the game that had enemies of varying levels up to 99, preferably with Records of Eminence/Fields of Valor objectives that allowed you to get XP even faster!
 Siren.Lavastorm
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Lavastorm 2015-05-19 16:59:52
Link | Citer | R

it is back up
By mazz0mazz0 2015-05-19 17:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kuendo said: »

man, wouldn't that be great? I wish there were zones in the game that had enemies of varying levels up to 99, preferably with Records of Eminence/Fields of Valor objectives that allowed you to get XP even faster!

Whats wrong with creating content that cuts out all the travel time to do that and still allows you to complete RoE quests, while rewarding Seals and Silts to use when you hit 99 to further gear yourself? Really don't understand the point you are trying to make.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-05-19 17:24:40
Link | Citer | R

The point is that as with so many other decisions they've made in recent years, this was an awful design decision. It makes the content less rewarding for veterans and lessens the value of old content for new players, which is a bad thing. Content should have a finite lifespan, yes, but in a span of years. Given that content updates are ending, they should be building upon what content is still relevant instead of giving players a fast lane into one final short-lived burst of content. FoV/GoV and RoE already do a more than adequate job of getting new players to 99 and into starter ilevel gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-05-19 17:30:31
Link | Citer | R

right....but silts don't drop from those.

Eft/Bugard/dragons/yeti all give decent exp/cp at 99, so whats wrong with having another area outside of adoulin for farming? There is content for a good amount of levels in this new zone.

edit: By levels I mean 99-119. cp/merit pts, unity mobs, new NM's, new gear/weapons, new augments.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-19 17:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Updates
May 19, 2015 15:10 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
Recovery from All Worlds Login Difficulties (May 19)

At the following time, we experienced an issue wherein players were unable to log into FINAL FANTASY XI.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

[Date & Time]
May 19, 2015 from 11:30 to 14:34 (PDT)

[Details]
Players were unable to log into FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Cause]
Server program error

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI