First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 41 42 43
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-27 02:13:25
Link | Citer | R

Flatliner said: »
I'm a newbie Melee Bard trying to get some gear together. For max accuracy situations (Wave3 Dyna mostly) what is the best offhand to use for Naegling? I already have demersal degen+1 and am thinking about r15'ing it, but before I do I want to make sure there isn't an obvious better choice. I don't have any other REMA weapons besides Naegling and I don't have access to crep. knife. Also no Gleti's knife lol. I currently have about 1200 accuracy with no offhand.
Depends on your buffs/food.
In theory Centovente is by far the best OH for Naegling, but as you're well aware it might not be very viable for acc issues, especially against some Fomors with very high Eva like THFs, NINs, RUNs etc. (won't be an issue for the megaboss btw, its acc requirements are incredibly low)

If you wanna know 100% safe which OH will be the best for you for your gear and your buffs you need to use the BRD spreadsheet.
But in general I'd say it's safe to assume R15 Ternion is your best bet.
Gleti is probably very close and situationally better, depending on its Rank.
Crepuscular Dagger too is very nice but I assume you don't have it and it's not exactly the easiest thing to obtain.
By Flatliner 2022-10-27 10:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Ok, sounds like Ternion is the move. Thanks for the answers!

If you'll permit me a newbie question: Why is Ternion better for tp gain than Demersal? It just seems like 45% OAT will beat 4% TA when it comes to TP gain. Is it just because Ternion has such lower delay or am I missing something?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-27 10:24:41
Link | Citer | R

The answer to your question, more likely then not, is "accuracy".
There's a sweet spot, a threshold, around which even if your offhand is not capped, the amount of potential hits over a certain window of time will compensate the possible "misses" and still generate TP faster than, say, another option that has no OAT but reaches the 95% Off hand accuracy cap.

I can't tell you around which Accuracy % this sweet spot is, but you don't necessarily need to know it.
Just artificially change your accuracy levels and test both option in the spreadsheet.
When you see the overall DPS number getting higher with Demersal Degen than with Ternion, it means that you're at that sweet spot.

I'm saying all of this in general, I haven't personally tested and I don't know if Demersal Degen can ever produce higher DPS output than Ternion+1 R15.
As to "why" Ternion+1 is so good it's mostly because it has a massive accuracy bonus (that works for both hands), low delay, good stats and a 5% Weapon Skill Damge boost. (WS are by far the major contributor to your overall DPS, the white damage from melee hits is just a small %, especially for a job like BRD and with a Main Hand like Naegling)

Basically, as you probably already deduced, our goal is to get to 1000TP as fast as possible so you can shoot a WS.
A multihit weapon, even with higher delay, can be a very powerful instrument towards reaching that goal, but if a large amount of those potential hits are gonna miss, you're still gonna get TP slower than with another weapon that has a smaller number of potential hits, but 95% chance for those hits to land (and hence, generate TP).
I dunno if this makes any sense to you? Hopefully it does!
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2022-10-27 15:31:15
Link | Citer | R

I havnt done a spreadsheet test, just following my gut...
When attack is not caped (in most cases when fightin high tier stuff) i go with Gleti's Knife, it has a ton of both attack and acc, pluss 2% more TA than Ternion, back draw is the relatively high delay, but still lower dealay than the degen. de For savage idealy u wont WS before u have 1750 TP (w/o Centovente). When attk is good i'd go with Crepuscular Knife or Centovente, due to BRD's lack in mutliattack in gear the Crepe knife is realy nice:)
But as i said have not tossed it in a spreadsheet;)
 Asura.Moduhry
user: Necromage
By Asura.Moduhry 2022-10-28 10:05:59
Link | Citer | R

On the topic of OH acc, are people using Centovente on all floors of Odyssey to get the ~7M parses on BRD? Or do you switch to Gleti's/Crep/Ternion past a certain point?

I've been giving myself Min x2/March x2/Mad when SV'ing on floor 2 + using Cento on all floors, but wasn't sure if there was a point when the WS frequency outweighs TP bonus.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-10-29 01:02:28
Link | Citer | R

I full time Cento personally. Haven’t hit 7m yet though. 6.8m highest.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2022-11-20 12:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a recent Mordant Rime set they can post? Thanks
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-20 13:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Flatliner said: »
If you'll permit me a newbie question: Why is Ternion better for tp gain than Demersal? It just seems like 45% OAT will beat 4% TA when it comes to TP gain. Is it just because Ternion has such lower delay or am I missing something?

Sorry for the late reply but this isn't really the math for these two items for a couple reasons:
-Terion 4% (or Gleti 6%, or Crep 5%) are actually double that, because it applies to both hands
-Demersal (or Blurred weapons) are effectively less than their raw rates. If they have a 45% OAT (haven't seen testing, but let's assume) it gets reduced based on your DA, TA, and QA on gear, because if any of those proc, the OAT won't even roll. In a TP set with, for example, 27% DA, 2% TA, and 6% QA a Demersal Degen would have a roughly 30% chance to proc, not 45%.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 04:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Updated the BRD spreadsheet with R25 and R30 odyssey stuff plus a couple of other fixes.

Link
By Velrin 2023-01-05 03:25:43
Link | Citer | R

this is super outdated. no one should be using any of it until OP fixes these 2 year old sets
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
By Tathamet 2023-03-29 16:42:59
Link | Citer | R

With an R15 Carnwenhan, are bards sticking with Mordant's or Rudra's for those scenarios where piercing is preferred and Naegling/Savage is suboptimal?

If it makes a difference, I don't have a Twashtar.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-03-29 17:57:19
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed that R15 Carnwenhan has significantly higher Mordant damage than Rudra's damage. Matter of fact, even R15 Twashtar does significantly less WS damage (with Rudra's) than Carn does. I only ever use Rudra's on BRD if a SC is needed. Sometimes I do Mordant -> Mordant -> Evis -> Rudra's for fun, but TBH Mordant spam is probably best damage (depending on mob's resistance or lack thereof to SC damage)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-30 01:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Matter of fact, even R15 Twashtar does significantly less WS damage (with Rudra's) than Carn does.
No?
But it gets close if you OH Centovente and have AM3 up, at that point WS damage stays lower but the gap is potentially closed by higher WS frquency.

But in a realistical situation in Sheol C, where you're mainly staying with Savage Blade and situationally swapping to R15 Carns, you're not gonna have AM3 up as that would likely mean a DPS drop to activate it.

I've actually noticed, and this pains me, that even on targets where you get 100% Slashing and, say, 125% piercing, it's usually not worth it to swap to piercing and staying on Naegling means a higher DPS output in the end.
It's worth it instead on targets that take reduced Slashing damage but take increased piercing damage.
I'm sure maletaru was thinking about this type of situation, where most of the time it is indeed worth it to swap to piercing.
What to use in these situations if you have R15 Carns but don't own Twash?

Well Maletaru, do you have Aeneas? Even R0? Because that could be the answer.
Supposing you don't you and you want to use R15 Carns MH, basically you have two options, as you're already aware I'm sure:

1) Use Mordant Rime
2) Use Rudra's Storm

If you wanna go for 1), equip an OH that's not Centovente (R15 Ternion+1, Gleti, Crepuscular) and spam Mordant the closest to 1000TP as you can. Most of the times it won't be worth it to activate AM3

If you wanna go for 2) use Centovente OH and accept some TP overflow as that will actually be beneficial for Rudra's damage.

Depending on your gear, your buffs and the floor you're at (the higher the floor, the more acc required) 1) might be better than 2).
Test it on the BRD spreadsheet if you wanna get more objective data.
By SimonSes 2023-03-30 03:16:59
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed that R15 Carnwenhan has significantly higher Mordant damage than Rudra's damage. Matter of fact, even R15 Twashtar does significantly less WS damage (with Rudra's) than Carn does. I only ever use Rudra's on BRD if a SC is needed. Sometimes I do Mordant -> Mordant -> Evis -> Rudra's for fun, but TBH Mordant spam is probably best damage (depending on mob's resistance or lack thereof to SC damage)

Asura.Sechs said: »
No?
But it gets close if you OH Centovente and have AM3 up, at that point WS damage stays lower but the gap is potentially closed by higher WS frquency.

I think what he meant is R15 Carn do more Mordant damage than R15 Twashtar does Rudra's damage, not that R15 Carn do higher Rudra's than Twashtar.

This can be true if you make both at 1000TP without Centovente for Rudra's and you have AM3 on Carn. If you have Centovente tho, Rudra's does significantly more than Mordant.

R15 Mandau is also competitive option for that scenario if you happen to have it (built for RDM for example).
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-03-30 08:57:16
Link | Citer | R

I was referring to Carn Mordant vs Twashtar Rudra's, yes. I could see how the way I worded it was potentially confusing.

I was thinking of my experiences in Xevioso where you don't have the benefit of Centovente OH, the Rudra's are very disappointing there and I very much preferred Carn. If you have a Cento OH then you can pull some quite good numbers with Twash/Cento. Whether or not the WS frequency from Carn performs better than the higher WSD of Twash though, IDK need to use a spreadsheet or something.

It also depends what you're fighting. In a vacuum if it's a target dummy with 2m HP and no other party members hitting it, the situation will be different than if you're fighting Lamiae and your party is going to 1shot them right after you WS.

Come to think of it, I'll probably start using Twash more in segments because in the very rare situations where I switch off Naegling, I don't have time to get AM3 up because I only kill a few mobs before the pack is dead and it's back to Naegling.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-30 16:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Come to think of it, I'll probably start using Twash more in segments because in the very rare situations where I switch off Naegling, I don't have time to get AM3 up because I only kill a few mobs before the pack is dead and it's back to Naegling.
Yeah!
AM3 there is not realistical.
Centovente is realistical.

Put these two points together and you get why Twash is imo the best choice there for those few situations where you want to swap to piercing options.

R15 Carn Mordant Rime is still a very competitive option even with AM3 down though, especially if you have Crepuscular OH.
This is especially true on Floor 3-4 if you feel like you're not capping acc with Centovente OH and you feel like you'd need to go into your Accuracy TP set.
By Vishwambhari 2023-03-30 17:04:24
Link | Citer | R

speaking of Carn setups, don't forget that you can OH kclub for massive tp gain and little damage loss on mordant rime compared to an ilvl OH
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-30 18:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Vishwambhari said: »
speaking of Carn setups, don't forget that you can OH kclub for massive tp gain and little damage loss on mordant rime compared to an ilvl OH
I'm not sure Kclub on BRD in general is a fantastic idea, or at least not as good as it is on many other jobs.
It's not absolutely awful either of course.

Also it depends what you mean for "little damage loss"
Let's take as a base AM3 on, R15 Carn MH, Crep OH, capped att, capped acc.

So from this it seems that Kclub OH with AM3 off, while inferior to the combination of Carn/Crep, is slightly better than setups with Carn/Gleti or Carn/Ternion. WS damage is lower but compensated by higher frequency.

Keep in mind though that this scenario was very hypothetical and highly in favor of Kclub.
If you start considering a 75% hit rate for OH (which is honestly quite realistical for floor 3-4 in Sheol C), Kclub falls behind.
Even more if you consider uncapped att.

So yeah, I stand by what I said in the first part of this post. While Kclub OH is somewhat viable, don't expect the results you get on other jobs and it's gonna be at best practically on par with other options.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Xelnok
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2023-05-29 13:12:49
Link | Citer | R

What is a good beginner armor set for Savage Blade if I don't have access to Nyame augments or Relic +3 gear yet? Would a full Ayanmo +2 set be good, or should I swap in some Lustratio pieces, are there any other armor pieces like DM Chironic pieces I should work towards? (I'm planning on going for the Relic +3 body but it is going to take a few weeks).
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-05-29 13:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xelnok said: »
What is a good beginner armor set for Savage Blade if I don't have access to Nyame augments or Relic +3 gear yet? Would a full Ayanmo +2 set be good, or should I swap in some Lustratio pieces, are there any other armor pieces like DM Chironic pieces I should work towards? (I'm planning on going for the Relic +3 body but it is going to take a few weeks).

DM augmented Chironic or Augmented Telchine would probably be best. Lustratio would be ok if you're getting the +1 version, but not that worth it imo as you'll end up replacing all of it at some point. Ayanmo has no atk on it so it's not that great for Weapon Skills.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-29 18:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xelnok said: »
Since you're talking about beginner... I guess you don't have access to neither Telchine with augs or DM Chironic.
And either way I'm not overly sure Telchine with max augs would beat other beginner options like... Ayanmo+2.
Going for BRD Relic+3 body and 4 pieces of Ayanmo+2 plus the Ayanmo ring should grant you a pretty nice boost to STR/MND which are the main mods for Savage Blade.
Losta accuracy too, but sadly it lacks Attack.

Which with Naegling is slightly less important... but still important of course.

If you wanna be 100% sure though use the new All Jobs Damage simulator or my BRD DPS spreadsheet.
That way you can input exactly the gear you have available and see which is gonna perform better.
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-06-06 22:15:09
Link | Citer | R

link to jp wiki

google translated:
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-16 08:46:27
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 392621
I haven't run it through a calculator to be sure it's the best you can possibly get, but this is what I run with most of the time.

49% PDT, 50% MDT with Shell V, 25% haste, capped DW, and as much STP as I could reasonably squeeze in. Cape is 10 PDT, 10 STP, and all the usual stuff.
[+]
By Pirates 2023-08-16 09:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Great post here. I used for my BRD and it's amazing.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46553/military-parade-a-dd-bard-guide/34/#3610312
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-16 10:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Seems they're pretty similar but couple notes:
1.) Cessance, Sailfi, & DW cape
vs
2.) Eabani, Reiki, STP cape
#1 has 10%DW, #2 has 11%; this is the difference between capping delay reduction and not
#1 has 8% more DA, 2% more TA
#2 has 10 more STP

I think my accessory set is a little bit better when you compare those differences in isolation.

A lot of the sets in the post are either over-capped with PDT or undercapped. I think Volte feet (6 STP) are better than Nyame feet (4/5% DA), but I wear the Nyame to cap DT (and raise other defensive stats). The Bumba set, however, has 67% PDT
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-08-16 13:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Seems they're pretty similar but couple notes:
1.) Cessance, Sailfi, & DW cape
vs
2.) Eabani, Reiki, STP cape
#1 has 10%DW, #2 has 11%; this is the difference between capping delay reduction and not
#1 has 8% more DA, 2% more TA
#2 has 10 more STP

I think my accessory set is a little bit better when you compare those differences in isolation.

A lot of the sets in the post are either over-capped with PDT or undercapped. I think Volte feet (6 STP) are better than Nyame feet (4/5% DA), but I wear the Nyame to cap DT (and raise other defensive stats). The Bumba set, however, has 67% PDT

I basically full time the set you posted with the Nyame feet and volte tights, but use a dual wield cape and Sailfi belt to hit the 26% haste to be safe. I ran tests hawing spreadsheets for years along with in game testing, then the python program confirmed what my spreadsheets say. Being at 10 DW instead of 11 is negligible and in some cases more STP or multi attack is more valuable. 1% below gear haste cap however is quite detrimental.

The reason for lots of sets (that under cap or over cap DT) is to give people options and different builds, especially as volte tights are hard to come by, as is Ashera harness (but volte tights are incredibly rare from trove).

The bumba set - Nyame legs have much higher defence, magic evasion and MDB than volte. And again, most people don’t have volte tights. You could swap the rings for chirich for the subtle blow but you’d lose the HP which arguably equates to defence.

I posted that quite a while ago but unfortunately there’s been no new gear for us brd’s to DD in, and there probably never will be.

Edit: my alt doesn’t have volte tights. I use Telchine pegs with augments 10 DEX 20 Acc 6 Store TP on him. They have 3 double attack base, but much loser gear haste. Other than that the sets the same.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-16 15:51:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »
I basically full time the set you posted with the Nyame feet and volte tights, but use a dual wield cape and Sailfi belt to hit the 26% haste to be safe.

If you sub /sch and cast klimaform and check recast, it's identical with and without Sailfi with this set, so I don't think it's possible there is haste difference here and definitely not 1%.
By drakefs 2023-08-16 16:09:16
Link | Citer | R

It really depends on the requirements of what you are fighting. An Odyssey Sheol TP setup is probably not going to cut it for a v25 Goal fight.

So, purely from a TP perspective, assuming ACC capped (which may not be the case with Centovente):

ItemSet 383806
is ~247 TP per attack round

ItemSet 392621
is ~237 TP per attack round

Swapping sTP on the second sets cape to DA would give ~239 TP per attack round.

The biggest difference between the sets is the trade off of ~10 TP per attack round for 7% DT. Or in terms of time to 1k tp: 9.35s vs 9.62s. The longer the fight and the higher your WS damage, the more it matters. With a 100% up time (which will not happen):

• 5 min fight: 32 vs 31 WS

• 10 min fight: 64 vs 62 WS

• 15 min fight: 96 vs 93 WS

I think the bigger issue is mitigating ACC black hole that is the Centovente. Carnwellen helps a lot here, as most attacks will be from the main hands increased Multi-Attack with AM3. However, with the Naegling, it is rough and is only worth using as long as it doesn't take you less time to reach 2k tp, on average, with a different off hand. ACC may significantly improve your WS cadence against evasive mobs.

Note: I used my personal TP calculator for this and it will likely have something wrong (if you find such wrongs, let me know): TP Calculator
By SimonSes 2023-08-16 16:25:34
Link | Citer | R

I think the question was more about just accessories difference (both sets with Nyame feet). Also where exactly would you have accuracy issues with Centovente?
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 41 42 43