Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 41 42 43
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-28 15:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Unless I'm mistaken, you actually need 12 DW in gear in order to fully hit delay cap with /nin and capped haste.

11 DW: (1 - (0.25 + 0.43375)) * (1 - (0.25 + 0.11)) = 0.2024
12 DW: (1 - (0.25 + 0.43375)) * (1 - (0.25 + 0.12)) = 0.1992375

Adding 1 more DW wastes about 24% of the last DW (while incurring the full tp gain penalty), which I assume is why people suggest 11, but I'm not convinced that's enough to not make it worth going for if 11 and 12 are both options (such as if you're using Reiki Yotai and choosing between Suppanomimi and Eabani).
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-08-28 15:31:34
Link | Citer | R

The magic haste cap is 43.75%, not 43.375%.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-28 15:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Well, there's my mistake, haha.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-15 09:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Updated the official BRD spreadsheet, can find it in the same place as usual.
Can see the details in the "Update" sheet but to make a tl;dr I basically fixed some minor things in the gear list and did a plethora of changes so that now you can select Sword as weapon type and Savage Blade as WS type.
Obviously the 15% WSD bonus is already calculated.

I'm not calculating the Naegling Attack on WS bonus because nobody knows the details of how it works, yet.

Keep in mind the PDIF values in the spreadsheet are still the old ones.
SimonSes has been kind enough to point this out, but I haven't fixed it yet.
This means the final numbers you'll see in the spreadsheet will be lower than the numbers you'll see in-game.
This also means that you won't be able to compare the numbers you get here with the numbers you get for another job in another spreadsheet.

Still, if you want to compare "which piece is gonna be better for the head slot in TP phase?" or "which piece is gonna win in the legs slot for this WS?" then this spreadsheet will already be able to give you a big helping hand in deciding what you want to put in your Lua sets.

As always, any feedback is welcome.
Enjoy!
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-15 11:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Still, if you want to compare "which piece is gonna be better for the head slot in TP phase?" or "which piece is gonna win in the legs slot for this WS?" then this spreadsheet will already be able to give you a big helping hand in deciding what you want to put in your Lua sets.

There will be a little problem with checking whats better for non attack capped scenario, since pdif is much lower, so you will cap much easier. Just something to keep in mind. Also crits have probably bigger impact, because they rise pdif by 1, and +1 is bigger impact for 2.25 than for 3.25, but luckily BRD doesn't use much crit.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-16 02:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Well you're absolutely right, granted we're talking about situations on the edge.
Instead in any situation where you're absolutely capped or waaay below the cap, the relative numbers should still be a pretty useful instrument for anyone willing to make up choices for their sets.

Either way, hopefully the PDIF will be updated soon.
Once PDIF and ODD/ODT calculations (currently Twashtar still uses the old ODD, should be ODT, whereas Barfawc A should use the old Empy ODD calculations) have been updated, only very small things will be left.
By SimonSes 2020-09-16 03:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Edit: rofl I put phone in the pocket (im with kid on the playground) and it posted a blank post :D
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-09-22 17:26:34
Link | Citer | R

What would current bis tp/ws sets be for brd naegling/kclub sb spam
By SimonSes 2020-09-22 17:38:04
Link | Citer | R

HyperKTM said: »
What would current bis tp/ws sets be for brd naegling/kclub sb spam

That combo is not a good idea. TP bonus dagger will be always better and good luck with accuracy with Kclub on BRD.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-24 10:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks to Nususu and SimonSes the Spreadsheet has been updated even further, you can find it at the usual place.

This time the PDIF values have been adjusted and PDL has been added, plus some more.

It still needs some minor things (see below)
Can find the spreadsheet at the usual place!

Things still needed
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-24 10:48:27
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile I did some superficial tests with various MHs and OHs in two situations. Att capped and Att uncapped.
The latter includes just Red Curry Bun, Minu4+5 and Chaos Roll against a 1900 def target.
Acc is capped in all scenarios.
As warned you before, take this as a grain of salt, this test requires much better customization of gear for each different weapon combination.
I used very similar sets instead, which might not take out the full potential of weapons.
(For example I didn't swap to STP-based TP set when testing AM3 up Carn but left the AM3 off set)

(un)surprisingly Ternion +1 R15 owns for R15 Carn main.
Aeneas, despite being disregarded by most, it's not that bad at all and has the advantage of being extremely versatile. As in: it works pretty much the same even if you brain is turned off. No Aftermaths to handle, no special sets to change etc.
Tauret is also quite good for not being an RMEA, at uncapped attck it's arguably one of the best options.

Twashtar/Cento is of course king even for BRD but the acc requirements are gonna make it tough in a lot of content.
Carn/Ternion instead has much better acc requirements and is very close in terms of pure damage output in the end.

Last thing to consider is that setups with Ternion+1 have much less hand specific accuracy for the off hand.
This makes no difference in a setup like this with acc overcapped, and it makes no difference if you're like >50 the acc cap for the MH.
But if you're like ~3 acc above the cap for the MH, this could be consequences for the OH.
This is something to consider.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-24 11:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile I did some superficial tests with various MHs and OHs in two situations. Att capped and Att uncapped.
The latter includes just Red Curry Bun, Minu4+5 and Chaos Roll against a 1900 def target.
Acc is capped in all scenarios.
As warned you before, take this as a grain of salt, this test requires much better customization of gear for each different weapon combination.
I used very similar sets instead, which might not take out the full potential of weapons.
(For example I didn't swap to STP-based TP set when testing AM3 up Carn but left the AM3 off set)

(un)surprisingly Ternion +1 R15 owns for R15 Carn main.
Aeneas, despite being disregarded by most, it's not that bad at all and has the advantage of being extremely versatile. As in: it works pretty much the same even if you brain is turned off. No Aftermaths to handle, no special sets to change etc.
Tauret is also quite good for not being an RMEA, at uncapped attck it's arguably one of the best options.

Twashtar/Cento is of course king even for BRD but the acc requirements are gonna make it tough in a lot of content.
Carn/Ternion instead has much better acc requirements and is very close in terms of pure damage output in the end.

Last thing to consider is that setups with Ternion+1 have much less hand specific accuracy for the off hand.
This makes no difference in a setup like this with acc overcapped, and it makes no difference if you're like >50 the acc cap for the MH.
But if you're like ~3 acc above the cap for the MH, this could be consequences for the OH.
This is something to consider.

How's Naegling/Cento lookin in this scenario??
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 11:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure thats without Samurai roll? Samurai roll will benefit Carn even more.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-24 12:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely yes to both things Simon.

@Botosi
I tested daggers, but I implemented naegling and savage blade two updates ago. If you wanna test it feel free to.
But will you be able to face the shame afterwards?!
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-24 12:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely yes to both things Simon.

@Botosi
I tested daggers, but I implemented naegling and savage blade two updates ago. If you wanna test it feel free to.
But will you be able to face the shame afterwards?!

So much shame. It's for my mule who I'm debating on whether to do Yagrush or Carn first :( :( :(
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-24 13:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Either way I get roughly 1205 // 4000
But I'm not using the best set, just Lustratio+1 and something else.
Either way, if it really comes out Naegling/Savage Blade is behind Twash R15/Cento and R15 Carn, I'll be REALLY surprised!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-24 13:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Edit:
fixed the Lustratio +1 set bonus!
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 13:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Either way I get roughly 1205 // 4000
But I'm not using the best set, just Lustratio+1 and something else.
Either way, if it really comes out Naegling/Savage Blade is behind Twash R15/Cento and R15 Carn, I'll be REALLY surprised!

Btw I plugged in my chironic tp pieces to my copy and added samurai roll +80storetp and on Tojil with capped att/acc Im getting 5621 DPS
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-09-25 16:08:09
Link | Citer | R

So I'm in the wonderful process of augmenting Linos' and the BG site is messing with me. Doing Leafslit +1s for Double Attack and I keep getting Breath Damage - taken and Skillchain Damage which shows on BG's chart to be possible with Leaftips but not -slits. Is that Chart not correct?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-25 17:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Afaik DA on Linos is Leafslit
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-26 10:36:42
Link | Citer | R

I have no clue what that is, but regardless this is the DD BRD thread, you should probably ask in the default BRD thread.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-29 05:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Good news everyone!
Another update for the BRD Spreadsheet, thanks to SimonSes and to myself lulz.
Can find the updated version in the usual place

Fixed pretty much everything that was missing. Barfawc A & B, Empyrean procs, Relic procs and so on.

List of things still left to fix:
Yeah, don't think these things will ever get added/fixed honestly.

If you find some bugs or something that doesn't work as it should please let me know!
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2020-09-29 08:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Might be a bug in Setup page B4 and C4.

Other than that, good work! /cheers:)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-29 10:20:03
Link | Citer | R

So, now that that is said and done, I've done some small tests with the new R15 gear from Sheol B what we received a while ago, to see if any could have a place anywhere.
Would love to see more tests by other people as well.

Scenario would be Carn R15 MH with AM3 off, or any other RMEA weapon, meaning multiattack can retain its full relevance.

Blistering Sallet +1 R15
It offers more haste than our typical Ayanmo+2 option (or Volte, which imho is a sidegrade) and a load of accuracy. These aspects alone help compensate for Chironic in other slots (they have low haste/acc), if someone is lucky enough to have good DM augs on any Chironic slot.
The DA+3 and Crit+10 is a welcome icing on the cake.
It's also arguably our best Evisceration option, and it's not too bad for Rudra's Storm either, depending on your other options.

Gazu Bracelets +1 R15
They too allow for Chironic in Head/Body/Legs/Feet, given Chiro lack of Acc/Haste, if you have good DM augs.
Overall I'm not too impressed by these though.
They could open up for the next slot, see below

Zoar Subligar +1 R15
Despite the STP -5 these could be an interesting multiattack optio with a small Crit bonus.
Its main problem is the low haste, but if you can compensate in another slot... like hands!
Despite that I couldn't find a combination good enough. Anybody managed to find a satisfying setup with Zoar+1?

Adorned Helm +1 R15
Again, a high haste option to compensate for lack of in other slots.
Shitton of acc and acc but the stats+10 doesn't seem to be enough. No Stp, no multiattack.
Potentially interesting but couldn't find a role for it.
Anybody begs to differ?

Cacoethic Ring +1 R15
Provides more acc than Chirich+1 at the cost of STP.
It's also an alternative to Ilabrat for Rudra's Storm, possibly our next-best choice for WS if you don't have Epaminonda. In alternative or in addition to Ilabrat.

Would love to see more people testing stuff, but so far it seems Blistering is the most interesting option.
By geigei 2020-09-29 10:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Blistering Sallet +1 R15
Using this for savage too, high str.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-29 10:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Don't think it beats Lustratio+1 A for that.
But it's surely a nice piece, probably the next-best piece if you don't have or, like me, despise Lustratio set in general.

Not sure how Blistering+1 performs on other jobs.
I think it can be good for RDM (CDC, Evisceration?), not sure if it can hold a place for other jobs.
NIN, MNK and BLU have Adhemar+1 for instance. Crit+10/DA+3 vs Cdmg+6/TA+4%. Result is not too obvious I guess.
Nice for GEO DD, maybe WHM DD too?

But I digress by goin off topic. Still I think Blistering+1 is a nice investment for multiple jobs, not just BRD.
By geigei 2020-09-29 10:30:37
Link | Citer | R

You're right, i'm using lustratio, derp.
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2020-09-29 13:11:43
Link | Citer | R

my avatar is happy with the relevance of a Sallet once more

awesome findings :D I haven’t had a chance to mess around with the most recent spreadsheet yet, but I’m eager to!
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-01 13:11:30
Link | Citer | R

LustratioA is: 47str, 20atk, 3da
BlisteringR15: 41str, 16mnd (57 > 47), 53acc, 3da

Honestly don't see much reason to stick with Lustratio, even more so if you take the defensive stats into account. If you're atk starved (when aren't you on brd right? :P) there's always relic +3 too. IF you're also using the boots the set bonus may make it worth it I guess, but that's probably the highest prio DM chironic target for most people anyway.

It's apparently bis for drakesbane on drg too for whatevers that's worth.... Could even be a good swap if hurting for acc on the adhemar jobs too tbh.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 41 42 43