Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 40 41 42
By Wotasu 2019-06-28 10:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Should I remove all multiattack gear for Stp when Carn AM3 is up? Or are there some worth using still?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-29 19:42:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd be leaning to say "yes" but realistically it kinda depends.
Stupid example: 6ta vs 2stp. First will likely win when dual wielding (mh gets reduced return, oh gets full)
Another stupid example: 4ta vs 6stp, but the first also has 35 acc and 10 att, second has none. First will likely win unless you're totally capped.
As a rule of thumb, you won't often be, way less than s normal DD, and they're not always capped either.

So... It kinda depends which slots you're thinking to swap etc etc.
If you've got specific items you're thinking about make specific examples and I'm sure we can discuss further!
By Wotasu 2019-06-29 22:08:19
Link | Citer | R

At the moment I have changed any dbl/triple atk gear for Stp&Acc aside from waist.
No super DM augments or Volte yet sadly, and missing Ashera..
Dualwild just use a DW cape instead on Dbl atk+10 and im always /nin and so 1 low from capped dw. 1 handed was mainly contemplating making a Stp Cape for AM.

AM
range={ name="Linos", augments={'Accuracy+15','"Store TP"+4','Quadruple Attack +3',}},
head="Aya. Zucchetto +2",
body={ name="Bihu Jstcorps. +3", augments={'Enhances "Troubadour" effect',}},
hands="Aya. Manopolas +2",
legs="Aya. Cosciales +2",
feet="Aya. Gambieras +2",
neck="Bard's Charm +1",
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
left_ear="Digni. Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

No AM
range={ name="Linos", augments={'Accuracy+15','"Dbl.Atk."+2','Quadruple Attack +3',}}, (dbl+3 dont want to happen..)
head={ name="Chironic Hat", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+2','STR+7','Accuracy+9','Attack+9',}},
body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
hands="Aya. Manopolas +2",
legs="Aya. Cosciales +2",
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'Accuracy+17','"Dbl.Atk."+4','STR+9',}},
neck="Bard's Charm +1",
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
left_ear="Brutal Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Hetairoi Ring",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-01 02:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Wotasu said: »
and im always /nin and so 1 low from capped dw.
I haven't toyed with it yet but you might be wanting to try /DNC.
Simonses made a post a few pages ago and it sounds quite interesting on paper!

Quote:
(dbl+3 dont want to happen..)
Take this as a grain of salt but after wasting gazilions of gil (we're talking about HUNDREDS of STACKS of +2 Leaf stones) I got tired and tried with +1 stones, and got DA+3 pretty fast.

Two friends in LS had similar issue, same results.
This might be a BIG COINCIDENCE, but it could also be that there's a bug and that somehow the +2 stone cannot give DA+3 for wahtever reason whereas the +1 can.

Rest of the gear looks cool, I'd put Petrov in place of Ilabrat on the AMdown set. If I recall they're pretty close to each other anyway.

Personally I'm a bit skeptic on the Chironic Head, but it would need to be tested.
Feet are probably a nice swap.
Goin on a hunch here hey, so bear with me.
By Wotasu 2019-07-01 02:54:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Quote:
(dbl+3 dont want to happen..)
Take this as a grain of salt but after wasting gazilions of gil (we're talking about HUNDREDS of STACKS of +2 Leaf stones) I got tired and tried with +1 stones, and got DA+3 pretty fast.

Two friends in LS had similar issue, same results.
This might be a BIG COINCIDENCE, but it could also be that there's a bug and that somehow the +2 stone cannot give DA+3 for wahtever reason whereas the +1 can..

I have mainly used +1's stones & some +2's. Still, rng being a giant pain. Wsdmg+3 and dbl+3 is the ones I havent never seen, aside from 1 dbl+3 on the wrong Linos.

The problem with /dnc is then I need to remember to keep samba up c.c, sacrifice windbuffet for Reiki Yotai. I lose 5 dbl, 2 triple & 2 quad. Which I guess in the end a parse shows losing to /dnc anyway. I guess I'll have to play around with it someday.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-01 03:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Last time I tested, granted it was a long time ago with different gear paradygms compared to nowadays, DW+10 back (to equip a different earring and Windbuffet+1) wasn't worth losing the Reiki Yotai/Suppa combination.

Both approaches produced similar results, but the DA+10 on the back combination was always producing better results for me.
STP+10 in the back was instead giving a slightly more noticeable boost (compared to DA+10) for AM3up sets.

Keep in mind when I did these tests I was doing them for multiple weapons. At that time Aeneas MH was the best DPS combination by far. No longer the case, as we know.

You might want to re-do these tests yourself, I'm not entirely sure DW+10 on the back is gonna be the best, but then again so much new gear these days, results might be different from what I got back then.

Edit:
fixed a pretty huge typo
 Odin.Willster
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-02 11:29:01
Link | Citer | R

So...I know this has been asked, so I apologize in advance, offhand for Carn. I have an almost max Taming...it's close enough. Just missing a dex and str or something. Anywho, that beats out other options for offhand?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-02 12:01:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm no brd, but for iLvl daggers for offhand I'd say you've got 3 good non-rema options probably.

1. taming sari

2. ternion dagger +1

3. Tauret

Ternion is very similar in DPS to Taming, but it's got much lower delay +1 TA. Probably interchangeable.

Tauret is just so all around good, that you probably can't go wrong with it in offhand if you're not mainhanding it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-02 12:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Perfect Taming Sari used to be BiS for Carn MH.
Now Tauret is a good contestant, potentially even better (nobody tested it thoroughfully yet).

You get less mods for (CHR/DEX) for Mordant Rime damage and no TA, but you get way more acc and, most of all, much lower delay.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-02 12:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm no brd, but for iLvl daggers for offhand I'd say you've got 3 good non-rema options probably.

1. taming sari

2. ternion dagger +1

3. Tauret

Ternion is very similar in DPS to Taming, but it's got much lower delay +1 TA. Probably interchangeable.

Tauret is just so all around good, that you probably can't go wrong with it in offhand if you're not mainhanding it.
Ya, I'm debating making a Tauret or not...hoping others have had experience with it in the offhand.
I have Aeneas but I thought I read it doesn't beat taming
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-02 12:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Perfect Taming Sari used to be BiS for Carn MH.
Now Tauret is a good contestant, potentially even better (nobody tested it thoroughfully yet).

You get less mods for (CHR/DEX) for Mordant Rime damage and no TA, but you get way more acc and, most of all, much lower delay.
Gotcha, thank you sir.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-02 12:18:18
Link | Citer | R

LOL, I kid you not. Just got Himthige from Goblin.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-02 14:03:56
Link | Citer | R

One last small thing about Tauret OH.
It's a purely practical thing and has nothing to do with DPS, but Tauret, just like Kali, is the BiS offhand for Macc.

That means that if you use Tauret OH you won't have to swap your offhand and still mantain your best Macc option to land your songs.

Small thing I know, but after all it's pretty much the same reason why some people have always been biased towards Carnwenhan MH, to avoid swapping weapons, losing TP etc.
By tyalangan 2019-07-16 12:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Where do y’all stand on Leg TP?

High acc / hybrid DT = Ayanmo
Low acc QA (2 in my case)
LowACC STP (7 in my case)

Is it better to stick with accuracy/DT since the BRD DPS is an accessory rather than the main DPS to stay alive unless I get like QA 3 or STP 9 mixed with 20+ acc?
By Wotasu 2019-07-16 13:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Problem with legs is haste. Ayanmo & Volte Tights(which are Nice for acc/stp & haste) are the few with enough haste to reach 25+.
By tyalangan 2019-07-16 13:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Okay good point. I’ll stick with full ayanmo. It gets the job done and keeps me alive
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-16 14:05:12
Link | Citer | R

People shooting for wsdmg on Chironic?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-16 14:14:13
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't bother, but it kinda depends I guess.
If you get 10% WSD it could be worth it in all slots except body, for Rudra's Storm (Aeneas MH or Twashtar MH builds)
Not sure how better it would be than the other currently BiS options, I'm afraid the difference wouldn't be that huge because the lack of stats on Chironic is pretty big.

For Mordant Rime I'm afraid it won't beeat the CHR godness of stuff like Relic+3.
Maybe in situations where you're Att capped (that for BRD won't really be as common as for other DDs) but even then I'm unconvinced honestly.

If you really wanna shoot for something on Chironic I'd shoot for QA/TA augs. With a good combination and high enough values some of those chironic pieces could become really nice TP options.
I'd say for Head,Hands and Feet.
Body is good enough with either Ayanmo+2 or Ashera (or volte!), legs you will need to use stuff like Ayanmo+2, Volte or Jokushu Haidate to keep the haste capped while you use Chironic in the other slots.
So yeah, Head/Hands/Feet look like an interesting thing.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-07-16 15:08:36
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't bother, but it kinda depends I guess.
If you get 10% WSD it could be worth it in all slots except body, for Rudra's Storm (Aeneas MH or Twashtar MH builds)
Not sure how better it would be than the other currently BiS options, I'm afraid the difference wouldn't be that huge because the lack of stats on Chironic is pretty big.

For Mordant Rime I'm afraid it won't beeat the CHR godness of stuff like Relic+3.
Maybe in situations where you're Att capped (that for BRD won't really be as common as for other DDs) but even then I'm unconvinced honestly.

If you really wanna shoot for something on Chironic I'd shoot for QA/TA augs. With a good combination and high enough values some of those chironic pieces could become really nice TP options.
I'd say for Head,Hands and Feet.
Body is good enough with either Ayanmo+2 or Ashera (or volte!), legs you will need to use stuff like Ayanmo+2, Volte or Jokushu Haidate to keep the haste capped while you use Chironic in the other slots.
So yeah, Head/Hands/Feet look like an interesting thing.
Damn, I assumed wsdmg would beat out the chr lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-16 15:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Mordant Rime is kinda in between "lolWSD" and "omgWSD".
It's a two hit WS that doesn't transfer, the first hit of the WS (excluding OH hits) is what does the majority of damage, so WSD does have some merit.

I *think* Relic+3 will most likely win in the majority of real situations for Mordant Rime. I'm saying "the majority" for doubt's sake, 'cause I'd be leaning to say "all".
Then again it's just a hunch, I haven't tested it so who knows, I might be biased about it.

I think a lot of people tend to understimate Attack and overestimate the amount of times you're going to be att capped.
This is true in general but it's even more true for BRD I fear, compared to most other "real" DDs.
Relic+3 also has lots of other good stats that you will eventually want, high CHR, decently high enough in the other stats, good acc.
It's all easy to ignore stuff like that when you're assuming a "I'm capped on everything" sort of situation, but in real use on BRD that's not gonna happen often.

I mean, unless we're talking about extremely outdated content, but in that case do we really need to do that +132 more WS damage when your WS is gonna wreck your target regardless?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-16 15:57:02
Link | Citer | R

So, If you want to use something like Telchine Macaroni instead of Ayanmo, what you could do to make up for the lost haste would be to drop DA on your Linos in favor of Haste

So instead of Linos: 20 acc 3% DA 3% QA > 20 acc 3% Haste 3% QA

Even unaugmented The Macaroni will break even on DA, but you could get an additional 3% DA, or you could go for +6 STP. Either way, it would be a DPS improvement over Ayanmo as long as you don't need the acc, and can afford to lose 1 haste and still be capped.

This set only has 25% haste, but it's got 12 DW to compensate.

ItemSet 367719

Augments:
Linos: 20 acc / 3% Haste / 3% Quadruple Attack
Cape: 20 Dex / 30 acc / 20 atk / STP or DA
Telchine: 10 Dex / 20 acc / 3% Double Attack or 6 Store TP
Chironic Slippers (Non-DM): 25 acc / 25 atk/ 4% Double Attack

Feet can be any of chironic slippers, ayanmo gambieras +2, bihu slippers +3, or telchine pigaches.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-16 16:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Macaroni? You mean Telchine Braconi? The Legs?
I've been trying FOREVER to put them into my TP sets because I had perf augments on the legs.
You can imagine FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE I get perf augs, I wanted to use that piece forever.

I've been unable to find satisfying solutions though.
I was getting a modest increase in multiattack, which isn't even that great once AM3 is up anyway.
So yeah, despite hours and hours of testing on the spreadsheet, I couldn't find any setup convincing me.
Several new equipment pieces have been released since then, so I dunno... but I can't think of any single pieces that would make a difference.

Except maybe crazy augs on Chironic. Like, dunno, QA, TA and Haste for instance! Good luck with that though lol.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-16 16:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Yes, It really is only possible if you're willing to change the standard augment on your Linos to haste instead of Double Attack.

If you're looking for AM3 Up, instead of DA, I'd probably slap STP on them instead for some poor man's Volte Legs. If you have Volte Legs, there is no reason to have this discussion because they are unequivocably the best TP option in that slot with the 9% haste AND the STP

Edit: and yes, I meant telchine braconi, but I deliberately misspelled it.

Edit2: I would argue that Chironic Slippers are a better first augment item than hands for the simple reason that swapping out of Ayanmo does not change your haste dynamic. It's an even swap, as opposed to Chironic Gloves which drop you down to 25% haste if you take out Ayanmo hands.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-17 02:15:26
Link | Citer | R

If we were to create a priority list of Chironic pieces to augment in search of good TP augs I'd say it should be

1) Feet
2) Head
3) Hands

Feet and Head being pretty close to each other.
All of them are, really.
This priority changes if you happen to get a Bastok Volte piece for one of those slots, of course.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-17 04:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Anyway Shadowmeld, do you have some numbers you can provide to show the value of Telchine Braconi in a TP set?
I don't mean this to discredit your theory, not at all, more to have some solid food on the table that we can discuss upon rather than our personal (and possibly biased) hunches.

Which augments are we talking about anyway?
My Telchine Braconi have DEX+10, Acc+20, DA+3 (total +6). Back when I made them they were BiS augments and it's possibly the only melee-attuned Telchine piece where I reached capped augs.

DA+3 aug could be swapped to STP+6, which is likely more interesting for Carnwenhan MH users, whereas DA+3 might better for Aeneas, Tauret and Twashtar MH users. (not so sure about that though, honestly, probably depends on overall STP values)

Which other legs option does BRD have?
I would say, in random order:
1) Volte Tights
2) Ayanmo Cosciales +2
3) Jokushu Haidate

All of those legs are sorta "necessary" to mantain Haste capped.
Excluding random magic augs on some Chironic Head/Hands/Feet, you need one of those three legs to cap haste.
Otherwise you have to resort to sacrifices like:
1) Haste aug on the cape
2) Haste belt (notable options: Cetl Belt, Dynamic+1, Sailfi+1, Sarissaphoroi, last 2 being the best options arguably)
3) Linos, leaf slot

First option is not worth it.
Second option means losing either Windbuffet+1 or Reiki Yotai according to your SJ and your preferred setup.
I'm a bit unsure here, Sarissaphoroi is nice but last I tested it wasn't worth the swap.
Last option means losing DA+3 (or STP+4)

All of this to equip Telchine Braconi, where the only real gain is what? DA+X% or STP+6, depending on which of the three previous paths you decide to follow to compensate for the missing haste in the legs slot.

Now I'm not sure about you, but it sounds quite a marginal gain, supposing there's any gain to begin with.
But let's compare Telchine Braconi with the 3 above mentioned legs options, one by one

1) There's no contest here, but we knew it already
2) You lose 28 def, ~14 STR, >25 acc, ~14 VIT, 5DT, you gain 1MDB and 38 Meva (plus either DA+3 or STP+6).
3) Stats differences are closer here. Around same acc too. Jokushu gives Crit+4% plus another possible 2-3% crit from dDEX, but -27 Meva and -3 MDB. (lol at the +thunder). Crit shouldn't really be that good on BRD, aside maybe some strange 1H setup with Tauret MH + Fencer? I dunno.

I didn't expect Telchine to have higher Meva than Ayanmo+2, that sorta surprised me.
Will the DA+3 or STP+6 be better than the Crit +6%? While I don't know for sure, I would dare to say that yes, it will be better.
I think we're talking about very marginal differences here though, which is why I'm not sure it's worth bothering.

Personally, thinking at the situations and pt setups I tipically melee on BRD, I think I feel safer with Ayanmo's DT and higher accuracy. Very small DPS loss for higher survivability and more freedom with songs/food/gear because of the additional accuracy.
Plus you don't need to get another Linos. Small but practical difference, hey.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-17 07:51:11
Link | Citer | R

I don't have numbers for you Sechs.

The way I see it, this is really only a theory craft if you don't want to use Ayanmo Cosciales +2 (or Jokushu Haidate). If you've got Volte Pants, I don't see a situation where you wouldn't want to use those period.

The only reasons to use Ayanmo Cosciales (offensively) is that it makes it very easy to cap haste and they have a lot of accuracy.

The question is what is the priority during the TP phase? In my opinion it is to get to x (1000, 1250, 1750, ?) TP as quickly as possible. Even in the most favorable conditions, white damage only accounts for 15-20% of your overall damage, so you want to get to that 80-85% portion as fast and as much as you possibly can.

So before I start I want to say my premise:
White damage doesn't matter except as a means to get to your target TP for WS faster.

That premise deals with the crit rate issue from Jokushu Haidate imo. It only deals with Ayanmo if the acc loss is trivial (I.E. you'd cap acc with Telchine anyway, in which case Ayanmo acc is overkill).

As for the defensive stats. That would have to be a determination done in each case on whether it is safe enough to use the one with less defense vs. the other.

From a pure TP generation perspective you did forget 1 somewhat important, but imo negligent detriment from using Telchine. It forces you to use extra DW to keep your attack speed capped. 12, instead of 11 on /nin. This could affect your tp/hit, which could throw everything off enough that you get into trouble. I don't think this is the case with very fast daggers, but it could be.

So does it allow you to hit your target TP faster? I would argue that if acc is not a consideration, there is no question that it does. If accuracy is a consideration, it becomes much more muddled.

If you want damage defense? Ayanmo is the way to go.

Edit:
I actually agree with you about the marginality of the potential increase here. Over the course of a 5-10 minute fight though, extra WS will add up. Imo, gear choices in ffxi are about that marginal gain. See the conversation in the thf forum right now about Gere/Epona's vs Gere/Hetairoi vs. Gere/Moonlight vs. ad infinitum ring choices.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-17 08:30:28
Link | Citer | R

I would like to add that for purposes of this discussion. You don't actually HAVE to cap haste. What you have to cap is attack speed. DW is part of that equation. Which is why I think you can make Telchine work. If it was about capping haste, I don't think it could be done without sacrificing untouchable items like waist.

25% haste + 43.75% Magic Haste + 37% DW should cap your attack speed as long as that 25% translates into at least 24.5% real haste.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-17 11:41:37
Link | Citer | R

The way I see it, this is really only a theory craft if you don't want to use Ayanmo Cosciales +2 (or Jokushu Haidate). If you've got Volte Pants, I don't see a situation where you wouldn't want to use those period.
Well I can totally agree with that.
Ayanmo are nice because of haste and defensive stats (and high STR) but don't really offer much to increase damage in a direct way.
Jokushu do... a bit, but really Crit is sorta meh. I might be wrong but hey, prove me wrong then! :-P
Telchine with those Augs (or STP+6) sounds like a better option but there are several cons as well and complicates the gearing up paradygms, requiring double Linos (one for Braconi, one for when you need acc and u're gonna use Ayanmo+2, etc)
So in the end I feel a bit disheartened to go all these lenghts for what in the end, at best, will be a barely noticeable DPS difference.
Well, for what *I think* it will be a barely noticeable DPS difference. But then again I might be wrong, I performed DPS checks with my Telchine Braconi a long time ago, not the most conclusive of tests I gotta say.

Quote:
The question is what is the priority during the TP phase?
It depends on the MH.
I think for Carns MH when I did my tests in theory MA when AM3 is down, then STP when AM3 is up.
But that's not always easy to convert into real specific suggestions because of the limited options BRD has compared to a "real" DD.

Personally I never bothered with X-hit builds on my dualwield jobs, it doesn't matter much when you're spamming Rudra, or Evisceration to a certain extent.
But when you're spamming Mordant Rime I think you may have a good point here, as TP overflow does absolutely nothing for it.
Interesting point of view, to say the least.

Quote:
White damage doesn't matter except as a means to get to your target TP for WS faster.
I think you're right here.
Things might be different for Tauret MH or Twashtar MH builds though. Two things I never tested personally.
It is certainly right for Aeneas MH and Carnwenhan MH though, two options I messed with a lot.

Quote:
As for the defensive stats. That would have to be a determination done in each case on whether it is safe enough to use the one with less defense vs. the other.
More often than not I feel it is a very underestimated aspect, one that's very hard to take into account when mathing stuff out.
Regardless to that though, Telchine does have a small benefit to that with the +1MDB and higher Meva.

I would like to add that for purposes of this discussion. You don't actually HAVE to cap haste. What you have to cap is attack speed.
True, with 1-2% more DW you can easily cap attack speed even with ~25% (which is lower because of the /1024 and /256 stuff, blahblah).
As you already stated though that might hurt TP gain and/or require additional MA attack from other slots etc.
Where do you get exactely 12% DW from anyway?
4% and 5% from earring, 7% from belt.
So I'm sure you meant Reiki Yotai + Suppanomimi?
Don't see 12% reachable with any other option that's worth it.

Basically swap Eabani for Suppanomimi, no loss at all in terms of pure damage. Supposing the 1% more will be enough to cap attack speed, but it should I think.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-17 12:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The question is what is the priority during the TP phase?
It depends on the MH.
I think for Carns MH when I did my tests in theory MA when AM3 is down, then STP when AM3 is up.
But that's not always easy to convert into real specific suggestions because of the limited options BRD has compared to a "real" DD.

Personally I never bothered with X-hit builds on my dualwield jobs, it doesn't matter much when you're spamming Rudra, or Evisceration to a certain extent.
But when you're spamming Mordant Rime I think you may have a good point here, as TP overflow does absolutely nothing for it.
Interesting point of view, to say the least.

I meant the question as more of a general question and not a specific MA vs. STP argument.

The main focus of TP phase is TP generation is what I was getting at.

Even with something like Twashtar AM I would say that TP generation is the primary concern, but if you can also boost white damage, its a definite plus. Here a Jokushu actually looks pretty attractive because triple damage crits look pretty good.

Quote:
More often than not I feel it is a very underestimated aspect, one that's very hard to take into account when mathing stuff out.
Regardless to that though, Telchine does have a small benefit to that with the +1MDB and higher Meva.

The Qutrub ambuscade is a recent example where you just don't need much in the way of defense. If your shadows go down you're dead. If they stay up you're safe.

I would like to add that for purposes of this discussion. You don't actually HAVE to cap haste. What you have to cap is attack speed.
True, with 1-2% more DW you can easily cap attack speed even with ~25% (which is lower because of the /1024 and /256 stuff, blahblah).
As you already stated though that might hurt TP gain and/or require additional MA attack from other slots etc.
Where do you get exactely 12% DW from anyway?
4% and 5% from earring, 7% from belt.
So I'm sure you meant Reiki Yotai + Suppanomimi?
Don't see 12% reachable with any other option that's worth it.

Basically swap Eabani for Suppanomimi, no loss at all in terms of pure damage. Supposing the 1% more will be enough to cap attack speed, but it should I think.

Yeah, in the set above I'm talking Reiki Yotai + Suppanomimi to get the necessary DW.
[+]
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-07-25 03:10:36
Link | Citer | R

hello there was wondering this is my set for mordant time":
range={ name="Linos", augments={'Accuracy+11','Weapon skill damage +2%','Quadruple Attack +3',}},
head={ name="Bihu Roundlet +3", augments={'Enhances "Foe Sirvente" effect',}},
body={ name="Bihu Jstcorps. +3", augments={'Enhances "Troubadour" effect',}},
hands={ name="Bihu Cuffs +3", augments={'Enh. "Adventurer\'s Dirge" effect',}},
legs={ name="Bihu Cannions +3", augments={'Enhances "Soul Voice" effect',}},
feet={ name="Bihu Slippers +3", augments={'Enhances "Nightingale" effect',}},
neck="Bard's Charm +1",
waist="Grunfeld Rope",
left_ear="Regal Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Airy Ring",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','CHR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

but my rudra still doing more dmg, is that normal? main carn/sari
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 40 41 42