Are Men Going Their Own Way? (MGTOW)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are men going their own way? (MGTOW)
Are men going their own way? (MGTOW)
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
By Odinz 2015-05-09 05:19:26
Link | Citer | R

How many men on this forum identify as a MGTOW, or do you see yourself as a male feminist? Perhaps you have no inclination to care and find it all tediously insignificant because maybe you're an Alpha.
How do you identify as a male - I'd like to gauge where the male population of these forums are at.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-09 05:43:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm a Male, I'm Gay, I have an endearing personality and I don't consider myself an Alpha Male. I never really gave a damn about this whole "mucho mucho man" BS and this dominating Alpha Male BS doesn't really apply to me. I care. Give me respect and I'll give you respect. I treat others the way I would want to be treated. I'm a bit more reserved, sometimes I lack confidence and I'm somewhat shy. I'm a sensitive guy, I can be emotional at times, I have a big heart and I can get aggressive when it comes to protecting myself and people I love and care for. I consider myself a "Stoic Protector", silent and a defender.

And that's how I identify as a Male.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 08:09:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm a male that doesn't think gender roles are important ! The notion that you are alpha beta feminist etc. Does not really interest me that much. The reason men are going their own way is because a lot of women aren't worth your time. (Incoming you haven't found the right one yet) Anyways I've typed at least three sentences I've hit my limit for the day !
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-09 08:17:53
Link | Citer | R

MGTOW is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE movement. You don't have to avoid women entirely to recognize that men's rights are being ***on at every turn or become a men's rights activist. A straight male voluntarily ignoring all women is hurting nobody but themselves, and failing to get any real point across besides how jaded they are.

As far as male feminism(I understand what you're referring to, but horrible way to term it..) or becoming a MRA, that requires far too much personal effort. I'd rather make pseudo-sarcastic comments on the internet and deal with the (relatively minor) injustices in place.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 08:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Why only pseudo sarcastic comments we need full blown HIV positive comments !
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-09 08:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Taking yourself out of the gene pool? Brilliant!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 08:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

With scientific advancements men are no longer needed for reproduction. We have this synthetic sperm it is amazing !
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 09:07:41
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I'm a male

Curses, foiled again!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 09:11:25
Link | Citer | R

I may appear to have large breasts but like Hollywood it is all an illusion !
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 09:17:53
Link | Citer | R

I may appear to have large breasts but like Hollywood it is all an illusion !

So, why are the breasts illusions and the D... Is real?

Thats machism!
By fonewear 2015-05-09 09:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Cause on the internet nothing is at it seems ! Maybe I'm man but I feel like a big breasted goth chick !

And Diane Sawyer has yet to interview me...
 Asura.Saprykin
Serveur: Asura
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2015-05-09 09:30:46
Link | Citer | R

I found this appropriate....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-09 09:32:47
Link | Citer | R

I've got a ***.

I identify as male.

That's really all there is too it.

Anything beyond that has nothing to do with being a "man", it's just your individual personality.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-09 09:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I'm man but I feel like I want to be with a big breasted goth chick !

FTFY.

And that's cool, I can go along with that desire.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 09:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Well according to everything I've read about men...who cares about men when they aren't murdering and raping. They are only useful to open pickle jars !

[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 09:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Well according to everything I've read about men...who cares about men when they aren't murdering and raping. They are only useful to open pickle jars !

Men can not be useful, but our credit card is!
[+]
 Hades.Odinz
Serveur: Hades
user: Odinz
By Hades.Odinz 2015-05-09 15:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
MGTOW is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE movement. You don't have to avoid women entirely to recognize that men's rights are being ***on at every turn or become a men's rights activist. A straight male voluntarily ignoring all women is hurting nobody but themselves, and failing to get any real point across besides how jaded they are.

As far as male feminism(I understand what you're referring to, but horrible way to term it..) or becoming a MRA, that requires far too much personal effort. I'd rather make pseudo-sarcastic comments on the internet and deal with the (relatively minor) injustices in place.

I'm not sure MGTOW is a movement in the traditional term so much as it is a philosophy and way of life that has manifested as a reaction to an increasing feminist anti-male world.
Why is it HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? I'd like to hear your opinion.

The MRA in my opinion showed up a little too late to the scene and aren't going to win any ground. We've moved way to far away from any form of an egalitarian society to be able to have any effect on society through traditional political and social movements. Short of a U-turn, there's no rights movement that can correct this mess. Its like a "whites' rights" movement - there is so much negative stigma attached to any white cry for fairness due to a history of horrible white supremacist organizations like the KKK and the Neo Nazis that if a valid and sound white movement manifested today, they would have to spend 90% of their time convincing everyone else they aren't for white supremacy, but equality. Such is so for the MRA - males are so tarnished and looked down upon by society as a whole that any male movement for equality is branded in the feminist loving media as a patriarchy and female oppression.
That's why MGTOW intrigues me.

Well many who identify as part of MGTOW or inline with MGTOW philosophy would respond with a "yes, and bring civilization down to its knees" or a find other means for reproducing outside the constraints of marriage and common law. There's a guy who runs his own business in Thailand who has several kids from different women and the women want nothing to do with their children. He basically paid them off to relinquish custody. He has 7 kids, and he is bringing them all up as MGTOWS.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-09 15:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I've got a ***.

I identify as male.

That's really all there is too it.

Anything beyond that has nothing to do with being a "man", it's just your individual personality.

WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS.
BUT ENOUGH TALK.
HAVE AT THEE.

Because it needed to be said.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-05-09 15:42:42
Link | Citer | R

So basically... A bunch of men got fed up with neofeminism and created their own, even more idiotic gender-exclusive club in response.

Did I miss anything?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-09 15:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
So basically... A bunch of men got fed up with neofeminism and created their own, even more idiotic gender-exclusive club in response.

Did I miss anything?

So basically the Nation of Islam for all men.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-09 15:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Did I miss anything?

Yea men are pigs !
 Hades.Odinz
Serveur: Hades
user: Odinz
By Hades.Odinz 2015-05-09 15:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Did I miss anything?
yes, pretty much everything.
There is no club and there is no exclusivity.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-09 15:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Odinz said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I'm not sure MGTOW is a movement in the traditional term so much as it is a philosophy and way of life that has manifested as a reaction to an increasing feminist anti-male world.
Why is it HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? I'd like to hear your opinion.

The MRA in my opinion showed up a little too late to the scene and aren't going to win any ground. We've moved way to far away from any form of an egalitarian society to be able to have any effect on society through traditional political and social movements. Short of a U-turn, there's no rights movement that can correct this mess. Its like a "whites' rights" movement - there is so much negative stigma attached to any white cry for fairness due to a history of horrible white supremacist organizations like the KKK and the Neo Nazis that if a valid and sound white movement manifested today, they would have to spend 90% of their time convincing everyone else they aren't for white supremacy, but equality. Such is so for the MRA - males are so tarnished and looked down upon by society as a whole that any male movement for equality is branded in the feminist loving media as a patriarchy and female oppression.
That's why MGTOW intrigues me.

Well many who identify as part of MGTOW or inline with MGTOW philosophy would respond with a "yes, and bring civilization down to its knees" or a find other means for reproducing outside the constraints of marriage and common law. There's a guy who runs his own business in Thailand who has several kids from different women and the women want nothing to do with their children. He basically paid them off to relinquish custody. He has 7 kids, and he is bringing them all up as MGTOWS.
This kind of ***against "cis" and men mainly happens on internet. If you spend any amount of time on Tumblr, Reddit or any other websites full of betas, yeah, you'll slowly start believing that men are being stepped on at every corner.

In reality, it doesn't happen that much. I've met 2 girls so far that pulled the "*** you, you're a man/cis" card on me for a reason or another and it didn't have any impact at all.

You don't have to be Alpha either to not give a ***and live a peaceful life while keeping women in it.
Not all women are "bad feminists" (the one that want the cake and the money of the cake), "I'm fat but I still have a vagina so I'm entitled to have you *** me whenever I want/buy me whatever I want" and other cute things that you can witness on the websites mentioned above.

Things only go to ***as soon as someone is extreme. These guys are extreme, the current feminist movement is extreme, a lot of other more sensitive to talk about things are extreme. And it sucks for each of these movements because at some point people are going to go postal and things will be worse than it was at the beginning.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-05-09 15:55:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't feel groups, movements, lifestyles where anyone tries to segregate themselves or others from the rest of society helping matters. I just don't know how much growth and understanding for others can be achieved in such groups and think them more harmful in the long run. I can see what they're trying to do and can even sympathsize at times though.

As for what I identify as, I haven't thought about that in a while. Fortunately, the areas I've lived in have exposed to me to many things such as racism, feminism, men's rights, religion, atheism and others because of the diversity of the people. Because I regularly hang out with lots of people at opposite sides of the spectrum on many of these issues, I find myself liking all sides for the good things I see in them.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-09 16:04:12
Link | Citer | R

I have never heard of this movement, it sounds pretty ineffective.

I'm definitely not a feminist, but I'm all for equality. However, men and women are fundamentally different in a lot of ways, so 100% equality just isn't possible. And, on the subject of equality, it needs to be actual equality, you can't have all the benefits and none of the drawbacks. In almost all domestic disputes, the man goes to jail, the woman gets custody, the man pays alimony or child support, etc. There's plenty of inequality both directions, and I'm tired of it being a discussion between two parties who claim they are the victim in every situation.
[+]
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-05-09 16:21:58
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-09 16:32:25
Link | Citer | R

Discussions about gender equality would be much more meaningful and profitable if only we didn't have on one side crazy *** and the other saevels jumping in to discuss. Their sole presence cause a whole new world of problems and I just can't deal with this *** *throws papers in the air and leaves*
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-05-09 16:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
I'm definitely not a feminist, but I'm all for equality.

[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-09 16:37:00
Link | Citer | R

maybe the best thing about having a big *** is you don't have to tie yourself in knots manufacturing petulant and ridiculous identities just to feel like a man

i mean, you shouldn't have to do that anyway, but being packed just makes it easier
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-09 16:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Btw, I bet 10 cookies this is Altima again in his third incarnation.
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15