Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers
Alternative News MainStream Rarely Covers
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-01 11:30:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Answers to making the job not suck? Pay people better, don't expect them to work 60+ hour workweeks, encourage a work environment that is no more stressful than the nature of the job makes it. Oh, and hiring more people to achieve most of those effects.
You obviously do not know how much a healthcare professional is paid, do you?
That's an absurdly wide definition that covers a broad range of potential requirements (GED to post-doc).
Somewhere between little and lots.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 12:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Answers to making the job not suck? Pay people better, don't expect them to work 60+ hour workweeks, encourage a work environment that is no more stressful than the nature of the job makes it. Oh, and hiring more people to achieve most of those effects.
You obviously do not know how much a healthcare professional is paid, do you?
That's an absurdly wide definition that covers a broad range of potential requirements (GED to post-doc).
Somewhere between little and lots.
Most medical professionals (at least here in the states) require some sort of post primary education. Some being an Associates degree going up to post-doctorate. I cannot honestly think of any medical field job that requires some sort of higher education than a high-school diploma/GED.

But nearly all of them are paid a living wage. Unless you consider a living wage to be 100k+ that is.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-01 12:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Most medical professionals (at least here in the states) require some sort of post primary education. Some being an Associates degree going up to post-doctorate. I cannot honestly think of any medical field job that requires some sort of higher education than a high-school diploma/GED.

But nearly all of them are paid a living wage. Unless you consider a living wage to be 100k+ that is.
EMT's (depending on location) are not required to have an associates degree or higher. They have specific training that varies from a quick 2 week training course to a few years.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 12:20:14
Link | Citer | R

With a wage of 100k+ I could be retired by age 45.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 12:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »

EMT's (depending on location) are not required to have an associates degree or higher. They have specific training that varies from quick 2 week training course to a few years.
I apologize, I meant to include "a medical profession certification and/or bonded by the local government" in the earlier statement.

Either way, there is some sort of education involved, and, as I said, still get's paid a living wage (on average).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 12:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

With a wage of 100k+ I could be retired by age 45.
And be called a greedy *** for working and earning that 100k+ wage.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-05-01 13:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Wow, talk about moving the goalposts, eh?

I never said healthcare professionals weren't being paid enough to live on. I said they weren't being paid enough to make the job not suck.

I used to clean rooms in a hospital, as I mentioned. I was literally dealing with biohazard material on top of the usual muck and grime of daily living, very much in spite of the fact that we cleaned every patient room and hallway on a daily basis (off weekends, though, so Monday was awful). I'd do it again for a pittance of a paycheck (say $10/hour, though that's still insultingly low), because it really wasn't that bad as work goes nor did it strictly require a huge skillset.

I also used to work on a chicken farm. I wasn't even anywhere near the livestock, I was out processing the literal millions of eggs. The wretched stink of chicken ***and corpses, the clouds of flies, the total lack of air conditioning, and the 10-12 hour days with zero overtime (agricultural work doesn't have to pay overtime) means that, although the skill level was even below that of scrubbing hospital floors, I'd need to be paid a bare minimum of $25/hour just to set foot back on the property.

Both jobs had a certain amount of turnover, but the chicken farm barely went a day without someone quitting. The only thing that kept anyone on premises was desperation. I suppose if you think human suffering is an appropriate condition of work...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Don't bait other users please.
By EpicFantasy 2015-05-02 01:19:35
Link | Citer | R

I never said healthcare professionals weren't being paid enough to live on. I said they weren't being paid enough to make the job not suck.

I used to clean rooms in a hospital, as I mentioned. I was literally dealing with biohazard material on top of the usual muck and grime of daily living, very much in spite of the fact that we cleaned every patient room and hallway on a daily basis (off weekends, though, so Monday was awful). I'd do it again for a pittance of a paycheck (say $10/hour, though that's still insultingly low), because it really wasn't that bad as work goes nor did it strictly require a huge skillset.

Do you actually try and contradict everything you say?
The job sucked but you would do it again because the pay was decent. "but not good enough" Even though the work wasn't that bad since it required no skills, plus you got the weekends off.

I also used to work on a chicken farm. I wasn't even anywhere near the livestock, I was out processing the literal millions of eggs. The wretched stink of chicken ***and corpses, the clouds of flies, the total lack of air conditioning, and the 10-12 hour days with zero overtime (agricultural work doesn't have to pay overtime) means that, although the skill level was even below that of scrubbing hospital floors, I'd need to be paid a bare minimum of $25/hour just to set foot back on the property.

Both jobs had a certain amount of turnover, but the chicken farm barely went a day without someone quitting. The only thing that kept anyone on premises was desperation. I suppose if you think human suffering is an appropriate condition of work...

Obviously you took the job out of desperation. You was actually lucky to get that job in the first place since a machine is better suited for it, cheaper and more efficient. I bet you didn't even thank the farmer for letting you have a job that gave you a chance to get away from your desperation before you quit.
P.S. You will never make more money at a job if a machine can and will do it cheaper and never complain. Which apparently is all you know how to do.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-05-02 06:05:58
Link | Citer | R

May 2nd 2015

Updated main post, and put reference links of the video below

Mainstream Media Vaccine Propaganda Exposed

The vaccine debate makes its way through your television set. Disney, who owns Marvel, and coincidentally was ground zero for the measles outbreak, has been weaving vaccine propaganda into their stories. This is termed ‘behavior placement’ in which subtle messages are woven into shows. It should be noted that watching television instantly switches a viewer’s brainwaves into the alpha state (relaxation, suggestibility etc.).
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-02 06:19:02
Link | Citer | R

So you're trying to turn this thread in exactly what your old one was with a bunch of worthless videos clogging the op? What makes you think it will be kept?

Also I wonder if I can report these posts of yours about vaccines for harmful behaviour. Cause encouraging against them is a very harmful behaviour akin to inciting violence.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-02 08:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Not this thread again...
[+]