The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 152 153 154
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-17 13:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Also, to further a bit on Verda's excellent advice, I would suggest that you start with your Relic set, as it forms the core of your BP delay set. Most of your +skill will be Empy, and AF is cheap to make, finding the freaking coffers is the most annoying part.

The SMN community here is very helpful, and I personally will assist you if you're on Bahamut in getting some of the things you need, if you want.

Seraphicaller is easiest to get off Celestial Nexus, IMO, as that fight is easily done on N with PLD or RUN and a THF/RUN. You could also try Tenzen, another relatively easy fight.

Don't bother with getting any staves other than perhaps Eminent if you can't gather mats, Gridarvor if you can, and Espiritus/Keraunos. I use Keraunos for Siphon, and the other three for wards/perp/Rages. Espiritus isn't too hard to obtain, and it's cheap to upgrade.

Evoker's Ring, if you don't have one, is something you should get as well. Other good ones include Fervor (AH), Thurundaut (SoA completion) and Speaker's (Warder of Temperance).

Editz: Pet crit is a thing, I had 4% but turned it into BP damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-11-18 17:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Not specifically a Smn question but figure this would be the best place to ask, have any Summoners seen Pet: Regen on Merlinic?
 Siren.Blackroses
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-11-18 18:24:56
Link | Citer | R

I havnt so far, in 50+ stones.
By Sonja 2015-11-19 17:30:36
Link | Citer | R

200+ stones on the hands and I have not seen Pet:Regen yet.
 Asura.Masrur
Serveur: Asura
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-11-19 17:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Elizabet said: »
I got Pet: MACC+26 MAB+33 on my merlinic gloves... but no BP dmg to bee seen yet. Need moar stones >:(

Elizabet!!! Your SMN is better geared than mine now!

Sorry I don't see you much anymore! Our playtimes just don't match ;T_T;. Have you left GoE?!
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-11-19 17:45:53
Link | Citer | R

I got BPD +5, MAB +30 and.... MND +10 ; ; Wondering though when reforged relic hands are better than Merlinic. The lack of SMN sporeadsheet is killing me. Eyeballign, I find DMG with reforged more constant, but thats just eyeballing
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-11-19 19:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Miyara just got BPD+9 MAB+18 from Pellucid Stone so... I'm starting to think any stone can grant the full range on stats. Maybe there is just a bias toward which stats each stone tends to favor.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-11-19 21:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Masrur said: »
I got Pet: MACC+26 MAB+33 on my merlinic gloves... but no BP dmg to bee seen yet. Need moar stones >:(

Always have been :P

Sorry I don't see you much anymore! Our playtimes just don't match ;T_T;. Have you left GoE?!

Nope, just time zones and stuff. >.<
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2015-11-19 21:58:36
Link | Citer | R

I see all of these sets lack any pet accuracy. How do avatars fare, especially Ifrit's Flaming Crush, with 129+ monsters? I'm thinking for my helios I'm going to have to giveup MAB somewhere in order to even hit the things. :[
By Elizabet 2015-11-19 22:11:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
I see all of these sets lack any pet accuracy. How do avatars fare, especially Ifrit's Flaming Crush, with 129+ monsters? I'm thinking for my helios I'm going to have to giveup MAB somewhere in order to even hit the things. :[

Usually on 129+ content, unless you have a nirvana (and even then..) usually you get better results with Magic Bursting merit BP. However, new augs on merlinic can get a lot of Acc / Macc for pets. Also, getting an Espiritus is also a good idea for that.

Most of the acc / macc comes from JP and gifts though, and food. With enough JP, the right food, you should be ok.

I'd suggest to not bother with helios. If you dont have all of it at a top level, just grab some apogee stuff. Its a solid set, and its not random. then you can play the new random game on the merlinic and replace as you go.

If you are hellbent on using flaming crush, shiromochi gives up to ~140 pet: acc.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-11-20 07:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Always have been :P

Nope, just time zones and stuff. >.<

Wahahahahaha.

I wanna go to Sing! But I like having 4 seasons....
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-20 11:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Miyara just got BPD+9 MAB+18 from Pellucid Stone so... I'm starting to think any stone can grant the full range on stats. Maybe there is just a bias toward which stats each stone tends to favor.

It's similar to Eudaemon mechanics where the ring, cape etc favor certain types of stones dropping more than others.

That's very interesting you got BP+9 on Pellucid. My BP augments have come from Fern Stones thus far.

BP+10 is the highest you can achieve from augments so far as I know.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-20 12:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »

Usually on 129+ content, unless you have a nirvana (and even then..) usually you get better results with Magic Bursting merit BP. However, new augs on merlinic can get a lot of Acc / Macc for pets. Also, getting an Espiritus is also a good idea for that.

Most of the acc / macc comes from JP and gifts though, and food. With enough JP, the right food, you should be ok.

I'd suggest to not bother with helios. If you dont have all of it at a top level, just grab some apogee stuff. Its a solid set, and its not random. then you can play the new random game on the merlinic and replace as you go.

If you are hellbent on using flaming crush, shiromochi gives up to ~140 pet: acc.

I can only speak from my own experience but FC wrecks most NMs in there except the scorpion who just resists magic so much. I can solo most the nms with revitalizer x1 or x2 (having 1 hours up and then using one mid fight). With a GEO it's pretty much always 1 conduit, and with cor same story.

I can't recall ever seeing FC miss entirely on these mobs, you get so much accuracy from summoning skill and gifts and job points that I never worry about accuracy. I don't have nirvana yet either (though I have seen my FC damage beat at least 2-3 mythic owners FC damage, nirvana isn't everything you know when it comes down to it, it's very strong bp dmg staff but it's 1 slot out of 16 and if you don't get the rest your gear you really suffer for it). I've done 68k flaming crush to Crom when geo used bolster and I wasn't even using my 1 hours for boosted stats. With crooked pup roll and quickdraw I did 43k FC to it. Though most FC's tend to do like 16k to 28k to him if I have GEO or COR. Flaming crush conduit how I beat most the t1's in there. The buggard is super weak to ice though, and the scorpion is a die hard but I'd still rather use FC than pred claws on it. I haven't messed with the mimic or tonberry much but will figure it out after I get more of the gear I want :P I like to use the attack or magic attack food for flaming crush. The only case I remember using the accuracy food was to use pred claws on the vampire unm.

A well-geared SMN can solo Selkit* with Ramuh. You can still get unlucky from time to time but I've done it a few times now.

*Most T1 NM's in Reisenjima.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-20 12:46:28
Link | Citer | R

I've solo'd him with FC once it's just a giant pain in the patootie compared to others because there's a risk period where trusts can die then you have to try to kite that thing which usually won't go well. If I have a geo I can 2x conduit for a quick win, but I'll try out Ramuh thanks :D Also getting tired of burning like 180k silt every time I go for runs so trying to find ways to do it that don't abuse revitalizers. Had a master DNC friend come basically solo Selkit... and can solo it without 1 hours so it's definitely nice to have frienz too \o/ (that mob way more DD friendly, but morbol and crom can really be hard for them) And Crom is very easy without 1 hours if you use EA and have a GEO or COR.

The only NM I have not tried to solo yet is Golden Kist.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-20 13:05:51
Link | Citer | R

It's getting a reputation, the poison strength and stun length go up the longer the fight goes, if you solo him would love to hear how you do it, tonberry too. I only tried them once but they kinda infamous for being a pain already. Were you using volt strike for stuff with ramuh? Nirvana definitely going to be a big concern for that, as magic dmg staff won't help at all.

I didn't have any issues with Nirvana, unless I misunderstood your post.

I used Chaotic Strike > Volt Strike with regular use of Shock Squall.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-20 13:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Nice, and ya I just meant to make a physical only BP work that well might require nirvana so not sure I can make that work for me till I get it. Thanks for the info.

Do you have a physical-oriented Espiritus? I'm sure that would put out some nice numbers (not sure if you have the new and latest staff yet to replace said Espiritus).
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-11-20 13:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Just so I undestand well, Avalon, is it with a revitalizer, or without?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-11-20 13:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Blackroses said: »
Just so I undestand well, Avalon, is it with a revitalizer, or without?

I've done it both ways with and without Revitalizers. It just depends on each run.
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-11-20 19:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »

It's similar to Eudaemon mechanics where the ring, cape etc favor certain types of stones dropping more than others.

That's very interesting you got BP+9 on Pellucid. My BP augments have come from Fern Stones thus far.

BP+10 is the highest you can achieve from augments so far as I know.
I have definitely noticed more BPD augments with Fern. A whole lot more. I also just now rolled around 10 times, and saw Blood Pact DMG+10 three times. Pellucid I find favors a stronger boost to MAB and M.ACC for pet.

These are just from my observations in game, so your results may vary.
 Sylph.Gutsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-11-21 02:42:29
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm as well that ramuh destroys the scorpion. I do have a geo idris friend named smokari which helps out my already good damage on smn but ramuh is great on him. Volt strikes will do average of 30~40k on him and ramuh will easily keep him in stun lock. Very rare he actually gets a tp move off.

For some of the other nm's take advantage of the double sc you can do with shattersoul ws and flaming crush. Take Sabotender Royal for example he dies from the double sc for me i dont even have to astral conduit (with geo present). Shattersoul + flaming crush will make fragmentation for the first skillchain then if you do flaming crush again right after which is easy because of apogee ability you will make light skillchain for 99k capped damage. This double sc also rapes pretty much all the tier 1 caturae in escha sky except for ruea which has high magic defense. For shattersoul i know that int is main modifier but dont gear for int make an acc set as these are high level nm's at 129. Having tp at the start is no problem in escha just pop a tp wing temp item and also pop i think its fighters drink for acc to help your shattersoul land.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-11-21 03:40:17
Link | Citer | R

How in hell do you reach this dmg, my volt strike were doing 7-8k, Using espiritus path D, and got solid gear too even 15 BP dmg on my merlonic gloves... I'm standing on 500jp is that what's killing my dmg?

Edit: Noticed, Nirvana and JP.. It all make sense now! XD
 Sylph.Gutsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-11-21 13:05:38
Link | Citer | R

How in hell do you reach this dmg, my volt strike were doing 7-8k, Using espiritus path D, and got solid gear too even 15 BP dmg on my merlonic gloves... I'm standing on 500jp is that what's killing my dmg?

Espiritus wont come close to nirvana's 40% bp damage with +2 level gain on physical bp's. Also my friend smokari has idris so frailty that is normally -14.8% defense with 900 skill is alot stronger for him. Frailty gains an additional -27% defense with idris so thats total of -41.8% defense on the enemey giving me big numbers. I also do garland of bliss which is another -12.5% defense and was using trust for dia 3 which is -15%. Im also capped on job points and use akamochi+1 food. Dont know if all this stacks but that would be -69.3% defense on the enemy.
By Elizabet 2015-11-21 20:22:40
Link | Citer | R

So basically, in regards to smn soloing T1, wont happen without Nirvana, I take it.

Edit: Proved wrong, underestimated the massive stats gain from 2100 JP.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 152 153 154