The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Jdove
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-02 14:57:30
Link | Citer | R

"Esper Earring does ADD BP delay +3 which i am not happy but works out with all reduction i got going on."

If you just put this in your midcast set for blood pacts and not your precast, then you still get the BP bonus and don't get the delay penalty. Just dont equip it when you are actually hitting your blood pact.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-02 15:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jdove said: »
"Esper Earring does ADD BP delay +3 which i am not happy but works out with all reduction i got going on."

If you just put this in your midcast set for blood pacts and not your precast, then you still get the BP bonus and don't get the delay penalty. Just dont equip it when you are actually hitting your blood pact.

oh ***, so I getting BP +3 but not the delay+ ?

My day getting better by the second :)

Thx
By SimonSes 2021-08-02 15:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
and its only 3%? meh wiki has bamboozled me once again :/

Which Wiki? BgWiki has it at 3%. FFXIah at 3% (in comments). FFXIclopedia at 2.7%.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-02 17:31:11
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Which Wiki? BgWiki has it at 3%. FFXIah at 3% (in comments). FFXIclopedia at 2.7%.

back when I checked on bg wiki
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-08-02 17:51:16
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

back when I checked on bg wiki
BG Wiki has always listed it as 3%; you can check the history.
[+]
By Zubis 2021-08-25 05:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Back after a 2/3 year break and getting on top of my SMN gear at long last. I'm stunned at the difference three pieces of gear made for me.

• Glyphic Doublet +3 - Omen just took me ages.

• Helios Band - Augmented with max double attack and BPD.

• Helios Boots - Augmented with max double attack and BPD.

I always avoided Helios because I had an Apogee+1 set or two, but after doing some testing on Domain Invasion NMs Garuda's doing 55K criticals up from 40K without these three pieces. Kicking myself for not using Helios before thinking it was probably out of date.

I know it's not the best on certain high level mobs, but it's really improved my shredding capacity on anything pre-Odyssey.

Even soloing Sinister Reign has become much easier (Rosulatia aside).
By SimonSes 2021-08-25 05:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Zubis said: »
I always avoided Helios because I had an Apogee+1 set or two, but after doing some testing on Domain Invasion NMs Garuda's doing 55K criticals up from 40K

I like how people like to hyperbole everything.
You do higher spikes with Helios and Glyphic, but BP+ pieces are more stable damage. Average is probably still higher with Helios and Glyphic, but its nowhere near +37.5% damage like you try to suggest in your post.
By Zubis 2021-08-25 06:01:12
Link | Citer | R

I said on criticals, not every blood pact. I usually hit 20-35K for the average blood pact. The criticals/double attacks are going over 50K and I did not see that previously.

No fun allowed here apparently.
By SimonSes 2021-08-25 06:53:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused now. How your critical hit BP went up in damage, when pieces you mentioned don't have any critical hit damage? They have critical hit rate and more double attack, which again will make criticals and DA occur more and provide more spikes, but how is damage on critical higher? If anything it should be lower, because if you crit and da with higher amount of BP+ damage, that spike will be higher than crit and da with lower BP+ damage.

Fun is for sure allowed, but it wasn't general opinion about your feeling. You provided detailed numbers and conclusion, so Im questioning it.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-25 08:37:04
Link | Citer | R

I guess he get a crit proc from his Relic body if he is underbuffed or extra double attack proc for those 50k's.
Hard to say more w/o knowing total gearset.
I see you got Nirvana, so during AM3 you should probably use your Apogee with a mix of 1-2 Helios.
By Zubis 2021-08-25 09:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Hard to say more w/o knowing total gearset.

Should have posted that admittedly. This is for Physical BPs.
No AM3 here, I was testing base damage.

Non Augmented
Elan Strap +1,
Sancus Sachet +1
Lugalbanda Earring & Kyrene's Earring
Glyphic Doublet +3
Cath Palug Ring & Varar Ring +1
Incarnation Sash

Augmented
Nirvana R15
Summoner's Collar +2 R25
Helios Band - Pet: Attack+27 Pet: Rng.Atk.+27,Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8,Blood Pact Dmg.+7
Merlinic Dastanas - Pet: Attack+29 Pet: Rng.Atk.+29,Blood Pact Dmg.+10,Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+11"
Campestress Cape - Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20,Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20,Pet: Attack+10 Pet: Rng.Atk.+10,Pet: "Regen"+10,Pet: Damage taken -5%
Apogee Slacks +1 - Pet: STR+20,Blood Pact Dmg.+14,Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+4
Helios Boots - Pet: Accuracy+30 Pet: Rng. Acc.+30,Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8,Blood Pact Dmg.+7

Gives 1314 Acc, 1126 Atk without food.

Prior to upgrading I was using Convoker's +2 as a body and two Apogee+1's in the head and foot slots.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-25 15:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Well before your Helios/Glyphic you we're at 15%(waist-5 ring-5 ear-1 legs-4) Double Attack for Blood Pacts.

After swapping Apogee's and AF+2, you added +31 Double Attack Total of 46%.
Which would mean a 46% double attack proc on fTP transfering Blood pacts like Predator Claws/Volt Strike/Rush/Hysteric Assault.
Which would give higher dmg spikes when AM3 is down, since it's almost a 50% chance to get a extra hit proc on each hit of the BP,
taking Predator Claws from a 3 hit to 6hit if full proc.
By SimonSes 2021-08-25 17:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Which would give higher dmg spikes when AM3 is down, since it's almost a 50% chance to get a extra hit proc on each hit of the BP,
taking Predator Claws from a 3 hit to 6hit if full proc.

Wait what?!?!?!

I thought double attack on BP works the same way as for WS, which is multi attack proc is limited to 2 checks of MA proc on WSs with more than one hit. So 3hit WS can only be 5hit with double DA proc. DA can't proc 3 times, even if WS has 3 hits base, it's also only check on first 2 hits (or each hand in case of dual wield) even if it doesn't proc on them. Is BP really different or you are just mistaken?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-26 00:39:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm not 100% on that part, would'nt dblatk proc on each hit of WS/BP? I'm not versed in these things and might be mistaken.
By SimonSes 2021-08-26 02:42:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm not 100% on that part, would'nt dblatk proc on each hit of WS/BP? I'm not versed in these things and might be mistaken.

For sure not on WS. It would be completely broken. Not only it can only proc twice (assuming you dual wield, h2h or WS has at least 2 hits base), but also it only checks twice (so there is not check for MA proc on 3rd and following hits, even if MA proc fail to happen on first and second hits)
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-08-27 18:25:17
Link | Citer | R

That's correct, you only get two chances to proc multi on BPs, and only a max of +2 hits total.

I made a calculator for helping to figure out this stuff if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/WQ1Gn8Hs

(Copy and paste it into a ".html" file to use it.)

It's good for when a new piece of gear comes out and you need to weigh Pet:DA against BP Dmg. It'll also give you a breakdown of your chances for 3, 4, or 5 hits based on Pet:DA and whether AM3 is up.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-28 04:50:20
Link | Citer | R

how do SMNs avatar en- spells compare to the RDMs version?
do they work like tier I and can proc on multi hits or like tier II and only proc on the first hit of a attack round?

i already know you can enhance the en damage by equipping for example orpheus sash mid swing but can you further boost avatar en- spell damage by equipping stuff like iridal staff, hachirin obi as the casting SMN or perfervid sword as buff receiver midcast?

do SCH weather effects have a impact and if yes - midcast of the buff or just mid swing?
By SimonSes 2021-08-28 05:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
how do SMNs avatar en- spells compare to the RDMs version?

Ifrit enfire is basically the same as Enfire I from RDM. Including being boosted by Crocea and Composure.

Shichishito said: »
but can you further boost avatar en- spell damage by equipping stuff like iridal staff, hachirin obi as the casting SMN or perfervid sword as buff receiver midcast?

No, nothing of those effect works for midcasting buffs. They work on hit or midcast nukes (essentially needs to be equipped when damage is done).
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-08-28 09:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit enfire is actually stronger than rdm enfire. I do several hundred more damage and yes it is boosted by crocea. The other enspells are the same as far as I could tell.
By SimonSes 2021-08-28 09:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
Ifrit enfire is actually stronger than rdm enfire

Yeah, I mentioned some numbers in Odin htmb thread.
By Zubis 2021-08-29 20:27:48
Link | Citer | R

I had a RDM insist I don't use Hastega II on my party today as his was stronger. I was under the assumption Haste II was a flat 30%?

My SMN skill grants 9 minutes so it's not a duration issue? I don't know RDM at all so I don't want to make a call on it.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-29 20:52:03
Link | Citer | R

The RDM is an idiot.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-29 21:40:33
Link | Citer | R

Zubis said: »
I had a RDM insist I don't use Hastega II on my party today as his was stronger. I was under the assumption Haste II was a flat 30%?

My SMN skill grants 9 minutes so it's not a duration issue? I don't know RDM at all so I don't want to make a call on it.

Yeah that is straight up *** and the RDM is indeed either an idiot or highly misinformed on how SMN skill works. Garuda Hastega 2 is exact same potency as RDM Haste 2 and with the right gear/skill SMN version lasts far longer, up to 9-10 min with current possible gear. I also play RDM (was my first job actually) so I can attest to how it's spell duration works. So for future reference anyone who says that to you is entirely wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-30 01:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiehna said: »
with the right gear/skill SMN version lasts far longer, up to 9-10 min.
RDM with current gear, Haste 2 lasts over 11min (w/o merits) which is longer then Smn's which comes in just under 10min iirc.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-30 01:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiehna said: »
with the right gear/skill SMN version lasts far longer, up to 9-10 min.
RDM with current gear, Haste 2 lasts over 11min (w/o merits) which is longer then Smn's which comes in just under 10min iirc.

Oh I see, my RDM isn't 119 yet so I haven't seen the max duration on Haste 2. That's pretty awesome, however I would still argue that it is a pretty big waste of time and MP for the RDM to cast Haste 2 for 6 times when SMN can easily cover the entire party with one BP. Since the max duration between the 2 versions isn't a huge difference, it still seems like Hastega 2 is overall more efficient. Of course if there's no SMN in the party then it's a different story.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-30 03:06:07
Link | Citer | R

There is also a small irritation on the rdm itself, since self cast Haste2 can reach 30min duration. But overall it is more efficient.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-08-30 12:15:15
Link | Citer | R

I think the biggest point of this discussion is - who was assigned to be responsible for hasting the party? If RDM, then even 1 min shorter duration on SMN Hastega could break rotation of buffs for RDM and people would blame RDM. If none was assigned specifically to haste party and none would blame RDM, then I would be happy as RDM to have SMN doing Hastega II.

Maybe it was some specific stupid scenario also, where RDM was on rDM like first time since a long time and finished updating lua, had first occasion to use all new gear and felt irritated that someone is doing his job lol I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case XD

That being said, most likely just someone on RDM with 0 real knowledge of game mechanics and Hastega II potency XD
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-30 12:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Prolly some old rdm that didnt realize they updated haste potency for smn long ago, smn is often times the victim of ignorance from players who don't play the job. Also smn can get close to 20 min haste with the right gear using a couple peices of the Empyrean set when blood boon procs, but it doesnt happen often enough to really warrant using it over strait skill.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-08-30 18:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Somewhat related, I've been wondering if Draumstafir's augment also work on BP Wards, potentially doubling their duration similar to Emp's set bonus?

I was under the impression it only worked on BP rages but haven't really seen a ton of info on it.
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 149 150 151