The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Jdove
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-26 21:34:12
Link | Citer | R

If you are mastered and have that set you will be fine for flaming crush in omen. Some of the bosses flaming crush will do horrible with out a good geo using frailty/malaise tho even with cor buffs.
By soralin 2020-08-26 21:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Once again, thats not really what I asked.

"If you can do a <value> Flaming crush on <Practice Target>, you should be able to clear Omen runs no problem"

Thats what I am looking for, roughly.

Also:

Asura.Jdove said: »
you will be fine for flaming crush in omen

Seems mutually exclusive with the statement:

Asura.Jdove said: »
y Some of the bosses flaming crush will do horrible with out a good geo

Like "It will be fine, except sometimes it wont be" is not a terribly helpful statement, right? Am I crazy here?

Look all I really want is just this:

"If you can do a minimum <value> Flaming crush on <Practice Target>, you should be able to clear Omen runs no problem"

Emphasis on the minimum part, like whats the baseline DPS check to clear fast enough?
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-26 21:45:56
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how to answer your question then, there isn't a baseline damage you should be doing that compares to omen. Sorry I tried to help, but I guess I'll just let you figure it out, cuz I don't seem to be helping. I get you don't want to waste tags but sometimes the best thing to do is just try. I said you would be fine with that set cuz it isn't gonna get any better aside from having nirvana.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-08-26 21:52:25
Link | Citer | R

It would be almost impossible to give you a statement like the one you're requesting. There is no content in this game that requires a hard dps check such as "X numbers from Y amount of people is required to clear Z content".
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-26 22:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Crowned said: »
It would be almost impossible to give you a statement like the one you're requesting. There is no content in this game that requires a hard dps check such as "X numbers from Y amount of people is required to clear Z content".

Any smn that has done omen as the sole source of dmg I expect could make this statement, as they could simply go "Well my BPs hit this hard and I typically have this much time left after we finish the run"

Even just that much info, then a comparable boss in some other fight that has roughly comparable Def/Mdef/Eva/Meva should be plenty.

It gets pretty easy when "Y amount of people" is... 1.

Most content in the game has a DPS check, since nearly all content in FFXI is timed.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-26 22:14:53
Link | Citer | R

I've got full +3 armor and about 800 smn cards and smn is the only job I've played for 15 years and I have absolutely everything (meaning I've done omen extensively), and I can't answer your question. So good luck. Remaining time after your run doesn't just come down to how much damage you can do to a boss, if you want to save time skip the trash mobs and stuff cuz how long it takes to kill those are a factor, with just a smn cor and pup its going to take a long time.
By Crossbones 2020-08-26 22:15:24
Link | Citer | R

You should be able to do capped dmg on fu after he gets a few buffs with that set. A geo would really add a lot of dmg to flaming crush so outside of fu I don't really know. That's the best I can do, there aren't really any mobs that are like omen mobs I can think of to test on, even each omen boss is different from the other. On kin I probably wouldn't use flaming crush unless it's neither casting nor doing a tp move and that's probably not the most optimal strat in that case. Unless you really suck, which I don't think you do, you should be able to kill at least fu, gin, and kyou with what I assume you're geared with.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-08-27 00:31:34
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
I covered all that above with my party comp, Im specifically looking for a DPS benchmark for taking down Omen bosses I can test against (without cost) to verify my aprox dmg, before actually blowing canteens trying omen.

So stuff like Ambuscade, HTMB, etc where its basically free to enter and test my dmg against.

Thus, Im looking for someone who can say:

"If you can do a <value> Flaming crush on <Practice Target>, you should be able to clear Omen runs no problem"

Thats basically all I am looking for.

And as stated above:

Group comp is Cor/Nin, Pup/Cor, Smn/Rdm

Will be typically doing Beast Roll + Puppet roll from the cor, and a lil extra Drachen Roll from the pup.

Is it reasonable to expect that a mastered smn with that gear set and comp can solo down omen bosses, while the pup full turtle modes and the cor just focuses on support?

And ideally, can anyone suggest a benchmark for some content I can go test out FCs against, like, "If you can do <number> Flaming Crushes on <practice target> you will be fine"

^^^^

Thats the question Im looking for an aprox answer to, basically some kind of HTMB fight that is roughly comparable in tankiness/evasion to omen bosses, just as a DPS benchmark.

Omen bosses aren't a strict dps check, though. They are about managing the mechanics, except for the last bit of Ou.

I've done a lot of Omen with pets, but typically using more people or multiboxing. I rarely use Flaming Crush on Omen bosses because we usually have mixed-type pet parties (like SMN SMN BST PUP COR GEO) that are focused on purely physical damage. For Volt Strike or Hysteric Barrage, 20-30k damage is enough. Kei we typically see 60-80k Thunderstorms for the initial burst but I use BST to setup Impaction skillchains. Fu you'll max out damage in pet setup. Kin is easy with pets but having only one PUP is not ideal for Target. Two PUPs, or a PUP + BST to bounce hate, is much better.
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-27 01:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Let me reframe it this way.

"My Flaming Crushes are doing 1K dmg to Kin, will I be able to clear the fight in time? Im the only source of real dmg in the pt"

Probably not, right?

Ok what about 2k? 3k? 4k? There's gonna be some point where that number makes you go from "Haha no not happening" to "Well, yeah, maybe"

Ok now invert it.

"I do 99k flaming strikes on kin, is that enough?" Probably enough, right?

What about 98k? 97k? 96k? 95k...? Eventually once again, going downwards, you'll hit some number that starts to make you go "Ehhh thats starting to get a lil on the low end"

There you go boom, easy.

When asking about dps expectations, there are implicit:

1. Yes, all mechanics are being done correctly. I shouldn't have to outright state "Oh and we didnt wipe and waste 5 minutes reraising"

2. If a party comp just wont make the cut, then thats a simple "For this boss, you likely wont win at all even doing 99k flaming crushes and will want to approach it different"

3. No, Im not doing other stuff in the zone, I am literally farming the bosses and focused on farming the bosses. It should also be implied that if Im doing a boss farming run and talking about making the cut to farm it, Im not blowing a bunch of time messing around with other stuff.

Like I really dont feel like I have to spell all this stuff out, just looking for a rough ballpark number for "Yo how hard of hitting is 'hard enough' for this tier of end game, so that I dont have to worry about timing out"

Like right off the bat if you asked me the same question about Unity stuff, I could straight up tell you:

For T1 unities, WSing for about 8K is solid to not have any worries. For T2, around 12K, and for T3, 18k. Id eyeball it around there, if you can hit that hard the fight shouldnt be difficult at all.

Im assuming for literally any of those fights you arent wiping, arent messing around, are obviously doing the fight right, and are at capped delay reduction for the average job.
By Crossbones 2020-08-27 08:48:13
Link | Citer | R

If your blood pacts do at least 20k I guess that should be enough? You get a shitload of time in omen, if all you're gonna do is bosses it's pretty hard to *** that up dps wise barring mechanics. Don't need to always use flaming crush either.
By soralin 2020-08-29 03:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Interesting question, cause I kind of want to fool around with trying to solo content with avatar tanking using DT + Regen sets, see if any of the avatars can actively tank stuff.

So here's the question:

Has any testing been done at all to see if any of the avatars have some kind of native DT- trait to them? Pretty much every other pet job out there has baseline DT- on their pets (loupans, beasts, automatons, and I think wyverns have native DT as well right?)

Do we get any?

Is there an easy way to quickly test this? Im guessing have them get hit by a fixed damage attack with and without DT gear on, and if say, 10% DT- gear results in, say, a 5% reduction (for example), thatd imply they already had 50% DT, right?

I remember something about lamia ranged attacks or something?

Anyone have a good suggestion for a quick way to test this?

My main options I see for testing this:

A: Carbuncle. Can self cure, Level +1 from gloves and halved perp cost is a big deal (since a heavy tanky pet set is very tight on perp cost budget), but I dunno if carby's BPs hit hard enough. Maybe? Will have to see...

B: Garuda, can heal herself, Predator claws is solid damage, and she can haste herself which is stronk.

C: Siren. Very strong contender tbh, being able to heal herself with the BP Rage itself is dope, and my god does it heal hard. Also her BP Wards are pretty solid for a variety of content, I think she may be my first choice to try and make work.

D: Titan, tanky boi and of course has access to Earthen armor. Goal with titan would have to purely be stacking a ***tonne of regen and regening faster than he dies.

Anyone know if theres info on the presence, if any, of DT- on avatars?

Edit: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Stout_Servant

Stout servant page is implying they have native 50% PDT? How are they on MDT?

Thats a lot more than I expected actually, I wonder if its possible to pull off a 87.5/97.5 PDT/MDT set with at least 25 regen, and hit -14 perp cost...

Edit edit: Also Im seeing on leviathan's page:

"Leviathan is highly resistant to all water and fire-based damage and enfeebling effects such as poison and amnesia."

You know Im thinking its really likely all the avatars have fat Meva boosts to their resistant and matching elements, which makes sense of course, but I wonder to what extent

Like to what degree will they be resistant to the opposing element in end game content, when stacked up to face tank stuff?

Also, I wonder if avatars have native bonus hidden stats based on their element. Carbuncle has native auto regen for example, I wonder if Leviathan has higher than average magic eva, garuda eva, titan defense, ifrit attack, shiva matt, etc etc.

Leviathan may be another strong contender for tanking content, since he can self heal, has heal recieved potency, and might have high native Meva, which might be solid when we further stack pet:meva gear on him...
By Pantafernando 2020-08-29 03:53:16
Link | Citer | R

People test DT with 1000 needle
By Pantafernando 2020-08-29 03:56:51
Link | Citer | R

And avatars arent meant to tank at all.

They are meant to be disposable, as they can be quickly recasted. And that gonna wipe all enmity associate.

If you want to tank anyway, Sirens hysteric assault is self healing while dmging, given how the conversion is 1 dmg : 1 hp healed, he will go to full in every BP move
By soralin 2020-08-29 04:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Do you mean 1000 needles testing via taking it from a blu in pvp?

Cause the monster ability is phys.

I need a way to test MDT primarily, since the info on the wiki seems to say they have 50% PDT.

Anyone know if theres a way to test MDT easily? Is my best bet to just get a blu to help me in pvp? Wiki says it does 750 dmg in pvp.
By soralin 2020-08-29 04:09:38
Link | Citer | R

This set, with carbuncle, gets to 59% MDT and 87.5% PDT on Carbuncle, including the 4% from shining ruby and 7% from Stout Servant II. Also 25 tic regen (not including whatever carbuncles native regen is)

Also gets a smidge of refresh from mitts.

10% MDT aug on cape, telchine gear with Meva/DT/Regen, nibiru cudgel both with Path D.

Seems to be a pretty big lack of MDT gear for smn, but I am really hoping avatars have native DT, not just PDT, like Loupans.

ItemSet 375127

For avatars other than Carby, this set pulls in at 60% MDT, 87.5% PDT, but only 17 tic regen, but that may not be important for Siren since she easily heals herself, just need to be able to survive whatever is smacking her for 20 seconds.

ItemSet 375130

Telchine augmented with Meva/Perp-/DT, cape with Regen/MDT, hat with DT/Regen, Nibiru cudgel with path D.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-29 06:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if theres a way to test MDT easily?

The Stout Servant BGwiki page lists the second tier of the trait as -16/256, but it's actually closer to -17/256.

floor(4000 * (1 - (17/256))) = 3734

And when Shining Ruby is up:
floor(4000 * (1 - (17/256) - (10/256))) = 3578

I didn't check every avatar, but seems like no native MDT.
By soralin 2020-08-29 06:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks falk! Anyone know of any other ways to give your pets MDT? There arent any food items or etc right?

The only other thing I noticed as a potential option was... claustrum?

Does claustrum's Aftermath apply to your pet as well, the way Nirvana does...?
By Crossbones 2020-08-29 10:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Gonna be bleeding mp at a pretty good clip in those sets and I'm not sure anything will be gained. Only time I would see any value is adding a piece here or there if it allows your pet to survive two hits of a move instead of one. I remember during squidface ambu my avatar would survive at a few percent hp from some aoes when most others would get one shot due to small differences in sets, something like that.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-08-29 13:45:53
Link | Citer | R

The Selenian Cap is pretty sketchy being non-iLvl, I pretty much abandoned using it. Plus like Cross said you'll be bleeding MP.

I've swapped to using Apogee Crown & Dalmatica path D. The crown has perp -7 and the body has refresh+4, and both have Pet:DT-4 and quite a bit of Pet:HP+.

Enticer's Pants & Tali'ah Seraweels +2 also both have Pet:DT-5 but no regen and whatnot obviously.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-08-29 16:06:49
Link | Citer | R

This is what I use for pet tanking:
ItemSet 371342

30/tic regen for avatar, -87% pdt (.5 shy of the cap, but I much prefer extra regen over that amount to cap) and no mp bleeding. Apogee crown and dalmatica are good options also. I just hate the apogee set because of the -hp.
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-29 20:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately from my experience, getting that MDT up there is what really makes or breaks how long your avatar lasts.

I got all my telchine pieces finished last night for the set I posted there (Decided to go with DT + Perp cost, I lose a fair bit of regen but I make up for it with more DT)

Im debating trading off 1 DT from Rimeice for 3 regen from 1 telchine piece (I can make the perp cost back via replacing rimeice earring with Evans), which still puts me at -15 perp cost.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-09-10 14:00:28
Link | Citer | R

From the patch notes for September:

Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue with certain monster resistances wherein multihit Blood Pacts would do less damage than intended.

Is this a change to cause damage from things like Volt Strike to not deal less damage to enemies such as Cait Sith and Lilith? All hits except the first would suffer the BP penalty.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-10 14:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah, wording seemed pretty straight forward to me. I did go ahead and check to make sure though on Cait Sith.

First one looked normal, second one was clearly nerfed so they fixed multi-hit BPs. Sucks about Apogee, but whatever, I guess being able to zerg 5 year old content on SMN was too much for SE.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-09-10 14:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Should make the Odin fight using SMN strat a good deal faster.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-10 15:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I was confirming that they fixed the multi-hit BP nerf since that never should have been a thing and decided to double check on Apogee while I was at it to see if multi BPs were still nerfed.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-09-10 16:36:59
Link | Citer | R

They aren't going to unnerf conduit burn just fix what was broken in HTMB
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-10 16:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Didn't think they would, just felt like it was worth checking anyway while I was at it. Would have been nice to at least give a grace period for Apogee.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 16:44:09
Link | Citer | R

It was worth a look because you never know. They could've over adjusted and misprogrammed it to "accidentally" not nerf multiple pacts instead of multi-hits from pacts.

Totally reasonable possibility given their past performance
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 149 150 151