Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-04-17 01:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lando and Mace Windu are both good examples of how to make a good movie without doing the whole "we are diverse because we have this here black guy"

This really boils down to "i'm ok with a black person in the story as long as they aren't in a leading role."
 Bahamut.Nixak
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2015-04-17 01:13:04
Link | Citer | R

After seeing what the director J.J. Abrams vision of Star Trek was, I am not going to get excited for Star Wars. I will still watch it once it hits Netflix like I do with any movies these last few years.
By shawkky 2015-04-17 01:34:45
Link | Citer | R

It's Star Wars people, Star Wars. Some where in a distant far off universe of some old guys imagination there are colored people in storm trooper outfits fighting the same war as pale people. But here in the Milky Way and what not pale people notice the finest(tiniest...) details in a movie(someone's skin color) and manage to make it the highlight of the film and make jokes.

To whom it may concern,

You're a Neanderthal.

Thank you.
By Neuman 2015-04-17 01:43:01
Link | Citer | R

shawkky said: »
It's Star Wars people, Star Wars. Some where in a distant far off universe of some old guys imagination there are colored people in storm trooper outfits fighting the same war as pale people. But here in the Milky Way and what not pale people notice the finest(tiniest...) details in a movie(someone's skin color) and manage to make it the highlight of the film and make jokes.

To whom it may concern,

You're a Neanderthal.

Thank you.

This dude made his account just to say this. Shill somewhere else m8.
By shawkky 2015-04-17 01:51:52
Link | Citer | R

I really didn't but thanks for paying attention. How long shall it be and how many times should it be ignored that when someone makes a snippy comment about "black people" it gets ignored or swept under the rug? But yet let someone not ignore it or not turn their head and speak out against sly comments, you appear.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-17 01:52:38
Link | Citer | R

That is you projecting.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a lead character being black or some other non-white race, again as long as it's organic to the story. Organic means it's not grafted on after the original script is written, it's when the role was envisioned and written with the person being of a non-white (since that is what you guys are really getting at). Star wars has races of blue, red, green and yellow colored skin, some races are scaled and others gooey. The concept of racism is kinda stupid here. The differences between organic and non-organic characters is are they focusing on a character where the skin color of the actor is a side note to the character or are they focusing on the skin color of the actor as THE character.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-17 01:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
When Saevel agrees with you, you really need to reevaluate your stance.

I really don't understand how there's a controversy here. Black people exist. They've been around for a little while, now.

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Lando and Mace Windu are both good examples of how to make a good movie without doing the whole "we are diverse because we have this here black guy"

This really boils down to "i'm ok with a black person in the story as long as they aren't in a leading role."

Because zero reason exists for this random black guy to be in a leading role. We have the original cast and their offspring. While Lando and Mace are awesome characters why do "even if it somehow is their offspring" we need him in a leading role?

Answer.
production studios come in and do the whole "token black guy" or try to shoehorn in someone for "diversity", it's stupid and detracts from the production.

And get away with it because people think its racist when they get called on it.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-04-17 02:10:43
Link | Citer | R

ANYWAY

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Probably just a high-ranking/elite trooper. Now that they aren't using clones anymore there's a bit more room for that. Also pretty sure Boba is dead.

At the very least I think (s)he'll be a bounty hunter trained by Boba, if not Boba himself.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-17 04:16:15
Link | Citer | R

I got a feeling rey is the daughter of leia and Han solo.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-17 04:19:04
Link | Citer | R

The voice is Luke and it sounds like the start of jedi academy. Who else would say my father has the Force I have the Force my sister has the Force and you have the force.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2015-04-17 06:00:17
Link | Citer | R

I found it interesting that they showed somebody handing the "graflex" lightsaber from ANH to somebody. That's the saber Luke lost in ESB when his hand got cut off.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-04-17 07:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
volkom said: »
who's the silver storm trooper guy with the cape? boba fett?

Probably just a high-ranking/elite trooper. Now that they aren't using clones anymore there's a bit more room for that. Also pretty sure Boba is dead.

nah boba fett escapes from the pit like 30 years later thanks to his armor resisting its digestive system

Yup. Fans loved Boba and Maul so much that they changed their stories. Then again, that's the expanded universe, so I don't know how much of it they'll incorporate into this.
Well if Chewbacca is there they are probably ignoring it...
Serveur: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-04-17 07:52:11
Link | Citer | R

And they'll piss a lot of fans off to the point their future movies suffer as former fans refuse to go if it's made by Disney...

Lol in reality people say they won't, but in truth they just keep going
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-04-17 08:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Kei Nagase said: »
And they'll piss a lot of fans off to the point their future movies suffer as former fans refuse to go if it's made by Disney...

It depends really, yes it would piss off a lot of people if (I say if but it seems more likely that they are) they throw out all of the expanded universe stuff and only work off the 6 movies... but I'd wager most people who care about star wars don't really know beyond the movies + you will get fans that do that will go with it anyways.

Ultimately the more vocal and hard core group of fans may be acceptable losses to them.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-17 08:14:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm mildly optimistic about the movie. I'm not expecting it to be great, but it can't be any worse than what George Lucas did with the prequels. I just hope J.J. Abrams refrains from inserting too many lens-flares.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-17 09:13:35
Link | Citer | R

After this mandatory nostalgia infusion to get the series back on the level I hope we're rid of the baggage of the past and get sequels that aren't bogged down with making references to the original series or the prequels.

I love the old Star Wars cast but their time is up. Lets have a new cast with new adventures in a galaxy far, far away.

Also, the Sith isn't very standout. I mean, Maul at least had his unique weapon and distinct appearance. This guy better be an eight-armed octopus or something when he disrobes. Or uprades his lightsaber into a lightscythe or something silly.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-17 09:21:40
Link | Citer | R

I never understood the knee-jerk reaction to Disney buying Lucasfilm. Did these people not pay attention when Disney bought Marvel?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-17 09:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
After this mandatory nostalgia infusion to get the series back on the level I hope we're rid of the baggage of the past and get sequels that aren't bogged down with making references to the original series or the prequels.

I love the old Star Wars cast but their time is up. Lets have a new cast with new adventures in a galaxy far, far away.

Also, the Sith isn't very standout. I mean, Maul at least had his unique weapon and distinct appearance. This guy better be an eight-armed octopus or something when he disrobes. Or uprades his lightsaber into a lightscythe or something silly.

I really hope they do something like fast forward 50 or 100 years. It would let them kinda "start fresh" with a new cast and characters, could really do some interesting things with the universe then. Could even do some "Marvel Universe" type scenarios where you have multiple main hero / heroines running around doing different story arcs all set inside the same universe happening roughly the same time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 09:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Swiss Army Knives would be proud.

And lol.

[+]
By Cecilia Charl 2015-04-17 10:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Kei Nagase said: »

It depends really, yes it would piss off a lot of people if (I say if but it seems more likely that they are) they throw out all of the expanded universe stuff and only work off the 6 movies... but I'd wager most people who care about star wars don't really know beyond the movies + you will get fans that do that will go with it anyways.

Ultimately the more vocal and hard core group of fans may be acceptable losses to them.

The more vocal and hardcore group is also a huge amount of the franchise's profits, seeing as they purchase a good bit of memorabilia and whatnot. If you piss them off, they won't want to continue buying nor continue to watch the movies, and they'll cause a landslide effect where they could potentially get others to follow this trend.
By Cecilia Charl 2015-04-17 10:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

This is why we can't have nice things.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 10:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Not reading a thread, not arguing about Star Wars, just going to be Rammy McStarWarsFanBoy and say oh my *** sweet Twi'lek dancing slave girl I feel like I'm 12 again and don't know about the disappointment that was the prequels this trailer is just so great...what's that...what!?...*** what do you mean eight more months!?
[+]
By volkom 2015-04-17 10:50:34
Link | Citer | R

disney is gonna be milking it this year
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 10:53:35
Link | Citer | R

And screw everyone who *** and whines about the lightsaber crossguard, I can't wait to buy my replica.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 10:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
At the very least I think (s)he'll be a bounty hunter trained by Boba, if not Boba himself.

Depends what they take as canon and not of the extended universe.

Boba Fett managed to rerig his jetpack and fly out of the Pit of Sarlacc...

...like a boss.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 10:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
And screw everyone who *** and whines about the lightsaber crossguard, I can't wait to buy my replica.

When you get your replica, apparently there are official lightsaber classes you can take to learn how to use it!

[+]
By volkom 2015-04-17 11:01:47
Link | Citer | R

still can't teach me how to a proper lightsaber throw and have it return D:

[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-17 11:20:28
Link | Citer | R

This is a much better realistic scenario of the wielders hand(s) actually being protected.

And I hope to see this lightsaber adaptation in a future film.

Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-04-17 11:46:34
Link | Citer | R

People are saying this is the best trailer of all time....and I have no clue why...
[+]