Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 136 137 138
By Wotasu 2020-09-18 03:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Productive week for me as I got my last piece of Volte to complete my set, and finished my base Burtgang.

Anyone have advice for where/how to do the Atonement trials?
Depends what you have access to, I used a cor alt for Sam/Tact, offhand kraken club(I loaned it), Ws 1-2 times before 50% HP to build enmity and used a valorous wsdmg set to make it hit abit harder so I could killshot around 18%+ HP.
 Asura.Gotenn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-09-18 05:46:07
Link | Citer | R

I went with Abyssea, WSD atmas/WSD valorus/ody gear. Usually 1 flash with crusade up was enough to give you a 20% killshot.
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2020-09-18 09:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Productive week for me as I got my last piece of Volte to complete my set, and finished my base Burtgang.

Anyone have advice for where/how to do the Atonement trials?
Congratulations on both items! In addition to the abyssea suggestions, I highly recommend bribing blackmailing requesting help from a friend who has Atonement unlocked to make things go faster. Grinding Atonement trials would nearly put me to sleep doing it alone. It helped immensely to have a friend to chat with and aid in speeding it along.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-09-19 13:59:03
Link | Citer | R

What’s the formula for HP increases from VIT in this game?
By Taint 2020-09-19 14:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
What’s the formula for HP increases from VIT in this game?

It doesn't:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vitality
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-20 03:42:35
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Chakra
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-09-21 07:28:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Shield Bash Stun Proc Testing
Constants: Burtgang 119-1, Ochain-90, Apex Umbril (Raz'Kanar Inner Court), 2061 Applied Job Points

282 MACC: 20/20 Stuns

50 MACC: 14/20 Stuns

yes its a small sample, but i think the results are quite telling. Base proc is around 75-80% , an additional 230MACC seems to push it to 100% or at least makes a noticeable improvement. Duration was the same between the 2 gear sets, lasting around 3 seconds. more testing would just give more accurate base/improvement rates, but this small sample proves MACC affects Stun Proc.
Update notes: as this testing was done during a LS event the numbers are of confirmed uses and seeing the stun wear off before the monster died. I tried to use it on untargetted monsters, but we've utilizing a THF/BRD zerg tactic so things die fast, especially on wave 1. TLDR; small samples. I was also dual boxing as the brd for the tank party in the run we did wave 3.

282 MACC set on Dynamis Monsters
Wave 1 NQ, no NMs: 20/20
Wave 1 Aurix 1/1
Wave 2 NQ : 27/27
Wave 2 NM: 12/12
Wave 2 Boss: 2/3. It may have been 3/3 but the chat log in the zerg scrolled too fast and SandBox doesnt work as well as it used to.
Wave 3 NQ: 15/15
Wave 3 Leaders: 6/8, the 2 resists were on a GEO (communer) and a RUN (Duelist), but again it may have landed and was wiped from the chat log.
Wave 3 Boss: 3/5

I have no data to compare to but considering what was seen in the initial test, I think hitting MACC 300-325 could make stun land damn near 100% reliably as its pretty close with 280. I'll continue getting sample data and seeing where to,improve the set.
P.S.
On the all Dynamis Monsters the stun lasted about 3 seconds and the tests were done with Ochain and 2100 applied job points.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-25 10:38:09
Link | Citer | R

what's the best spot for vermin kills with atonement? This ws is straight trash, couldn't guarantee killing blow with atonements dmg in most places.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-25 10:49:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
what's the best spot for vermin kills with atonement?
Wouldn't Ceizak be the best place? Just pop non-damage trusts and Atonement at roughly 15%.
 Asura.Darviss
By Asura.Darviss 2020-09-25 11:16:05
Link | Citer | R

what's the best spot for vermin kills with atonement? This ws is straight trash, couldn't guarantee killing blow with atonements dmg in most places.

I use bees in Abyssea-La Theine for my vermin trials on other weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-25 14:26:29
Link | Citer | R

I did Abys-Misar spiders.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-09-25 14:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Bro it's the worst trials ever
[+]
 Bismarck.Zubuis
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2020-09-25 14:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Only good thing about Burtgang trials are that once you have completed them, any other weapons or magian trials you do afterwards seem so trivial and fast in comparison.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-25 15:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Disclaimer: I dont have Burtgang and havent done it this way, but I would for sure if I had to do this trials.

Imo by FAR the best place is Abyss - Attohwa chigoes.

Now how to do it?
You go ideally with Ochain, you take regain atmas to make it marginally better. You sub /BLM and pull ALL chigoes. You pull them close to wall, so ideally you can face them all and block them all. Cast few -ga spells to lower their hp to like 10% (with 119 equip and mdmg on 119 weapons, you can probably even achieve this with single -ga nuke). Equip Burtgang and Ochain and just spam Atonement. With 20+ chigoes you will get 1000TP in like 1-2sec from blocks. If you do it this way, suddenly Burtgang trials should be one of the easiest, because you can obviously replicate that on any group of mobs, not only chigoes.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-09-25 15:16:04
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Disclaimer: I dont have Burtgang and havent done it this way, but I would for sure if I had to do this trials.

Imo by FAR the best place is Abyss - Attohwa chigoes.

Now how to do it?
You go ideally with Ochain, you take regain atmas to make it marginally better. You sub /BLM and pull ALL chigoes. You pull them close to wall, so ideally you can face them all and block them all. Cast few -ga spells to lower their hp to like 10% (with 119 equip and mdmg on 119 weapons, you can probably even achieve this with single -ga nuke). Equip Burtgang and Ochain and just spam Atonement. With 20+ chigoes you will get 1000TP in like 1-2sec from blocks. If you do it this way, suddenly Burtgang trials should be one of the easiest, because you can obviously replicate that on any group of mobs, not only chigoes.
The issue you'll run into here is that those chigoes are going to have floored hit rate on even a PLD in 119 gear. I had to use an evasion- set to deal with this sorta thing back when. <,<;

That said, if you can get them to actually hit you, and efficiently lower the mobs HP without killing them, then it is really, really fast.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-25 15:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The issue you'll run into here is that those chigoes are going to have floored hit rate on even a PLD in 119 gear. I had to use an evasion- set to deal with this sorta thing back when. <,<;

tbh with Phalanx and Ochain, you can probably even be naked.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-26 18:30:27
Link | Citer | R

to the people that had to do these trials back in the day when you had to do thousands of atonements, mad respect ... this s**t sucks.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-09-26 20:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Mass pulling abys mobs for what ever family is for sure the way to go, I'd find some wsd gear too, even if you can push 2k dmg it helps they only have 5~6k hp.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-09-27 08:26:08
Link | Citer | R

WSD in Atonement set, Abyssea Tahrongi Sandworms, double attack atmas. Open with flash then flash and Provoke before WS around 12% HP. It's a slog. If you have anyone willing to help, the more ppl killing ***with Atonement makes it go exponentially faster. All the WS kill trials are slogs. The up side is the sword is useable from 75 and the end result is well worth the pain.
Good luck, Knight.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-09-27 12:34:41
Link | Citer | R

I finished my Burtgang Atonement trials last week, I did...

Lizards > Abyssea Misareax. Pop the NM, pull all the lizards, spam atonement on the NM.

Dragons > Pea Puks in Abyssea Vunkerl

Vermin > Defoliators in Abyssea Vunkerl, right beside the Pea Puks

Undead > Skeletons and dogs in Abysseal Attohwa. Macro'd myself to yellow HP and ran through both camps, you end up with about 35 mobs per pull this way, just have to be careful not to deaggro whichever group you get first.

Amorphs > Slugs, leeches, and puddings in Abyssea Konschtat. Pulled all three groups at once. Takes a bit of running around but it ends up being about 40 mobs per pull.

For all trials I was just using Apoc/Razed Ruins/Gnarled Horn. With Crusade on and decent WSD in my Atonement set I would just melee them down and Atonement at about 15% and do 1-1.1k and kill them.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-27 13:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Macro'd myself to yellow HP

You can easily do this by cancelling the HP enhancement every pull.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-09-27 14:05:30
Link | Citer | R

It's been a loooong time since I've cancelled Abyssea buffs, but don't you need to go get it again every time you do that? Much easier to just equip the Atonement set I was using and swap back to idle.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-27 14:27:17
Link | Citer | R

No, you gain back the enhancement after you cancel it. You lose Atmas when you D/C however.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-09-27 20:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Ahh, good to keep in mind then, thanks.
 Phoenix.Gennss
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-09-30 15:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Did they fix Ajax +1 R15 with September update?

Is there a way around regal gauntlets for fulltime reprisal w/ Ajax+1?
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-09-30 15:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gennss said: »
Yep ;)

[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-09-30 18:19:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gennss said: »

Yes, Ajax +1 R15 has been fixed.

For your other question, use this set below as a base.

ItemSet 374953

Except make some changes to it. You could still full time Reprisal without Regal Gauntlets just barely if you used Shabti Cuirass +1 and Souveran Hands ±1 Path C instead of what's shown in the set above...I think...I'm currently not subbed so I can't test if the loss of 10 FC on the body would make it impossible to full time.
[+]
 Asura.Valen
user: Rhad
By Asura.Valen 2020-10-01 15:10:16
Link | Citer | R

How good is Hjarrandi gear? Is it worth going after?
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-10-01 15:17:47
Link | Citer | R

It pretty good, it has good offensive stats with a large chunk of DT that can let you use other more DDish gears as long as you can make up for the lost haste. Overall, for the jobs that can use the 2 pieces they are worth having for sure.
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2020-10-03 13:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Valen said: »
How good is Hjarrandi gear? Is it worth going after?
If you have Burtgang, they are excellent to have for an Aftermath Level 3 TP set. Beyond that, they make pretty great additions to hybrid sets too like Eightball mentioned.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 136 137 138