~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 136 137 138
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-05-15 11:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
What Dark Matter augments are people typically looking for on their Valorous/Odyssean pieces? I figure Odyssean is probably used for Savage Blade and Valorous for CDC?
Personally, I'm on an eternal quest for Phalanx+5. -_-;
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-15 11:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
So, I did some Dynamis D on PLD tonight, and I took some interesting Mijin Gakure dmg. Oh, and I lived.

This was from the NIN add on the boss. Assuming 4k base dmg, this could not have resisted, as a half resist would have put it at ~2k. So I didn't resist, but took waaay less than full dmg.

But I had Rampart up. So I'm thinking that this could indicate that the new Rampart effect works on dynamis D NM's Mijin.

4k*.75= 3000
3k-59(Phalanx)=2941
2941-2419(actual dmg taken)=522. This 522 should be how much cure skin I had left from the cure V just before Mijiin. Which is well within range of how much cureskin my alt's cure V could give.

So I think the only way I could have got this amount of damage, would be if Rampart was taking effect. Which is cool.
Kinda off topicish, but Mijin damage is not reduced but any type of damage taken?
edit: from gear i mean
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-05-15 11:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
So, I did some Dynamis D on PLD tonight, and I took some interesting Mijin Gakure dmg. Oh, and I lived.

This was from the NIN add on the boss. Assuming 4k base dmg, this could not have resisted, as a half resist would have put it at ~2k. So I didn't resist, but took waaay less than full dmg.

But I had Rampart up. So I'm thinking that this could indicate that the new Rampart effect works on dynamis D NM's Mijin.

4k*.75= 3000
3k-59(Phalanx)=2941
2941-2419(actual dmg taken)=522. This 522 should be how much cure skin I had left from the cure V just before Mijiin. Which is well within range of how much cureskin my alt's cure V could give.

So I think the only way I could have got this amount of damage, would be if Rampart was taking effect. Which is cool.
Kinda off topicish, but Mijin damage is not reduced but any type of damage taken?
Normal Mjiin is plain old magic dmg and can be reduced by Shell/MDT and Aegis.

Dynamis Divergence wave 3 mijin is very different. MDT/BDT/DT doesn't work. Scherzo and Earthen armor don't work.

The normal adds deal 2k DMG base. NIN NMs(Shinobi) and the add on the boss do 4k base. At least it's not AoE anymore. <,<;

So far I've seen very limited ways to reduce the dmg from it.

-Can be resisted. This is the primary survival method. A full 1/8 resist takes the dmg down to 500 on a 4k mijin. Resisting on RUN is typically trivial. PLD... not so much. But it is possible with a really good meva set. Get yer volte...
-Phalanx works. Doesn't do much though considering the total dmg involved.
-Stoneskin works. Divine seal full cure cureskin is one way to live.
-And as of that post of mine there, Rampart works.

RUN SP probably works too, but I've never tried that. Not like they need it.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-15 11:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Oh okay so its a wave 3 thing. Thank you for the info
By SimonSes 2020-05-15 16:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Normal mijin can be resisted too. With high meva set its a joke damage. Its always 1/8 resist with malignance set on every job that can use it. Then after all the mdt and mdb its like 200dmg and I wouldnt even notice it being used, if not all those people in red hp or dead, because they cant or just dont wear meva :)
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-05-15 17:10:20
Link | Citer | R

I think he knows that, lol
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-05-17 08:36:31
Link | Citer | R

What Dark Matter augments are people typically looking for on their Valorous/Odyssean pieces? I figure Odyssean is probably used for Savage Blade and Valorous for CDC?
I got an oddyssean body with +5 phalanx a few days ago. I won't even bother trying for WS pieces until I get at least +4 phalanx on my odyssean helm/legs. After that it's odyssean helm/hands for savage blade pieces and maybe better odyssean legs for tp when I don't need the extra defenses from other pieces.
By SimonSes 2020-05-17 08:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
I think he knows that, lol

He maybe does, but he didnt list meva there, so other people could understand that meva doesnt work for it. When I answer something in guide thread its sometimes with other people in mind not only the person that I respond to.
 Phoenix.Pretre
Serveur: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2020-05-17 18:01:24
Link | Citer | R

could someone link to a decent flash set pls/ty
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-19 12:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Random thought.

Since I can cap DT on PLD really easy without the cape slot, I was thinking about adding Counter to my JSE cape for fun. I was wondering if this is a practical way to go for capped DT for tanking purposes, or if I shouldn't bother.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-05-19 12:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Counters need to pass an accuracy check so unless you're getting proper melee buffs your accuracy is likely garbage on anything difficult and +counter won't do anything, as I understand it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-05-19 12:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Counters need to pass an accuracy check so unless you're getting proper melee buffs your accuracy is likely garbage on anything difficult and +counter won't do anything, as I understand it.
Yeah, I understand the mechanics of Counter. And on most things I do, accuracy isn't a major obstacle. The only thing I probably wouldn't use this on is Ou, but that's because I'm the tank that eats the 10k TP move. Like a champ!

Like I said, this is just for fun.
By Voren 2020-05-21 03:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »

4k*.75= 3000
3k-59(Phalanx)=2941

Dynamis Divergence wave 3 mijin is very different. MDT/BDT/DT doesn't work. Scherzo and Earthen armor don't work.

The normal adds deal 2k DMG base. NIN NMs(Shinobi) and the add on the boss do 4k base. At least it's not AoE anymore. <,<;

So far I've seen very limited ways to reduce the dmg from it.

-Can be resisted. This is the primary survival method. A full 1/8 resist takes the dmg down to 500 on a 4k mijin. Resisting on RUN is typically trivial. PLD... not so much. But it is possible with a really good meva set. Get yer volte...
-Phalanx works. Doesn't do much though considering the total dmg involved.
-Stoneskin works. Divine seal full cure cureskin is one way to live.
-And as of that post of mine there, Rampart works.

RUN SP probably works too, but I've never tried that. Not like they need it.

Could it be a mechanic like 1000 needles where the damage is spread out among all nearby players, or was everyone else also hit for the same amount +/-?
By apollocry 2020-05-21 08:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Wave 3 Mijin Gakure is single target.
[+]
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-05-21 08:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I'm on an eternal quest for Phalanx+5. -_-;

I finished this since last campaign, only took me 3 years for 3 5/5 slot ^^;
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-05-23 07:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know how DD sword options compare for pld these days? Both at R0 and R15 (if it changes the heirachy) would be good if possible - thanks!
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-05-25 08:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Does anyone know how DD sword options compare for pld these days? Both at R0 and R15 (if it changes the heirachy) would be good if possible - thanks!
I don't have any parse data so I'll just go with my opinions on this.
Assuming fully buffed, and you don't give a ***about HP:
R15 Sequence > R15 Burt > R0 sequence > R0 Burt
Savage blade gets decent numbers, especially with a Blurred Shield +1. Sequence is really nice on some of the disjoined bosses in wave 3 because you cap enmity so easily and you want to help deal damage. I like Almace, but gearing for CDC is a pain in the ***.

When you start to care about HP swaps, a huge wrench gets thrown into your WS sets, as you want to maintain high HP. Also when solo I would never use sequence, as I can't self SC as reliably with it. I wish PLD and other shield jobs could get a trait, JA or spell to be able to cap delay or come close to it without a Dancer.
By Taint 2020-05-25 09:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Excal R15 makes KoR pretty decent for PLD and has great SC properties.

AM3 on PLD is a disaster to maintain which really hurts Burts DPS potential. (and you waste a 3000tp WS on Atonement)
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-05-25 10:02:28
Link | Citer | R

The fact that PLD doesn't even have access to Fencer is just mindblowing to me, personally.
[+]
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-06-04 14:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Good morning, everyone,

After a long pose without touching the game (I only log-in during each DM campaigns^^), I come back to update my equipment and macros.I haven't quite grasped what's new in the job yet, but I've been trying to update my Gearswap with the last Phalanx DM upgrade I got.

So I did some tests to check the values and to see if the 2011 calculations were still valid.

Testing Set:

Since I am not comfortable with mathematics, I have been using for years the information that is published on BG wiki :
The Phalanx formula from Mougurijin

That set would give an "Enhancing Magic Skill" greater than 386 = "-31 damage".
"-30 damages " from additional equipment (without main and sub).

So -31 from skill and -30 from gear, -61 DMG total.

I used COP Dyna Pampa's to check, and the value are still accurate.

(It is entirely possible to equip Deacon Sword + Priwen to add 6 more damage to the Phalanx and raise the max value to 67.)
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-09 23:57:18
Link | Citer | R

So I've been using Motenten's gearswap for PLD and it's been fine, except I finally figured out why Enlight II always felt like it was casting super slowly: is. It's the only spell I cast that does no swapping whatsoever, even though other spells equip my fast cast gear just fine.

Anyone know how I could go about fixing it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-10 02:09:53
Link | Citer | R

So I've been using Motenten's gearswap for PLD and it's been fine, except I finally figured out why Enlight II always felt like it was casting super slowly: is. It's the only spell I cast that does no swapping whatsoever, even though other spells equip my fast cast gear just fine.

Anyone know how I could go about fixing it?
Enlight II probably isn't in the various mote mappings, since iirc, Motenten went MIA before Enlight II was added to the game.

Might search for a table that has enlight in it, then add an entry for enlight II?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-16 13:43:19
Link | Citer | R

I tried going back a few pages because I feel like I've seen it recently, but had no luck. What are people generally using for Magic Evasion sets when they don't have Volte? Right now I have Volte head/hands and Sacro Breastplate, but not really sure what to use for legs/feet, and unsure if swapping to Priwen for the +50 meva is worth the loss of Ochain/Aegis.
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-06-16 15:55:02
Link | Citer | R

R15 Macabre Gauntlets +1 are nice. Volte legs and feed are your best bet it seems. If I could get Volte Legs and Feet I would absolutely make a magic evasion set with Priwen included.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-16 16:08:33
Link | Citer | R

I tried going back a few pages because I feel like I've seen it recently, but had no luck. What are people generally using for Magic Evasion sets when they don't have Volte? Right now I have Volte head/hands and Sacro Breastplate, but not really sure what to use for legs/feet, and unsure if swapping to Priwen for the +50 meva is worth the loss of Ochain/Aegis.
There's *** aside from volte, basically.

Pre Volte legs/feet you'd be looking at...
Legs: Mes'yohi
Feet: Hippomenes +1

You will hate yourself every second you have to wear this ***. But these are the best PLD gets before Volte.

As for Priwen, If it keeps you from getting oneshotted by a dynamis D Mijiin, AND you don't get killed by regular ws in the meantime then it's worth it. It's hard to tell when it will be worth it.

Just make sure to put up a fresh reprisal as soon as possible after swapping to Priwen. The Reprisal enhancement is applied on cast, and is lost if Priwen is unequipped. So if you equip priwen when reprisal is already up, you need to recast to get the priwen bonus.

And you're gonna have a fun time getting PDT capped AND keeping your HP high while wearing this garbage. I think I only have 2500~ HP in my meva set. Which means that even with Rampart an unresisted namis Mijin will kill me.(3k DMG)
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-06-17 15:20:54
Link | Citer | R

As far as Dynamis goes, I plan to stick to a higher HP set with rampart to survive Su5 nin. I feel like this is the safest option. I was looking into a magic evasion set mostly to help with debuffs when playing solo/other events.
By Wotasu 2020-06-22 07:48:45
Link | Citer | R

What would be the proper use for Knight's bead necklace +2? Im contemplating getting one, but how to use it..
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-22 15:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Wotasu said: »
What would be the proper use for Knight's bead necklace +2? Im contemplating getting one, but how to use it..
I recently had someone ask me about this neck on discord, and I think my reply is applicable here as well, so. Copy/paste.
Quote:
Hmm.

Well, the beads+2 are probably best in terms of pure physical dmg reduction, by virtue of having a ton of defense and vit, and the highest DT- on a neck.

But... Moonlight has higher enmity+ and SIRD. Unmoving+1(aug) has way more HP and the same enmity+, and also has pretty decent DEF/VIT(But no DT)

The +2 does have the highest MND on a neck, making it good for Chivalry, and oddly, Cover. It's also Almost best in slot for savage blade. (If pDIF is high, it is best, if not there's a str/atk neck that's slightly better... Lacono+1? not sure if I'm recalling the name right)

I feel like SE just half assed this neck. I think they just didn't want to make it all around better than Moonlight, etc. It could have used a lot of things. If they had at least put SIRD on it, then I'd probably use it for SIRD midcast over moonlight just for the defensive gains. I do use it in some idle sets, but you spend so much time casting I think I take more hits in midcast set than not...

Would have also been nice if they'd put some refresh on it so it didn't have to compete with Creed collar. <,<;

I guess Long story short, It's good in a very narrow area, but due to other necks being better in other areas you don't spend much time wearing it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-24 01:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Hiya PLD friends. You guys are the experts on enmity testing (sup, Martel!), so quick question from a non-PLD:

Does Burtgang's Enm+23 work if offhanded? I suspect there's not much practical reason to do it, but I'm interested in getting solid confirmation of whether the Enmity+ stat on Mythics works if offhanded. My main reason to want to know is actually for NIN, since Fudo Masamune MH and Nagi OH would actually be an ideal tanking combo if Nagi's Enmity+40 does work from offhand.

I know that 1h Mythics' "special" effects/stats like Burt's reduces enmity loss effect, or any of the "Augments [JA]" Mythic stats (like NIN's "Augments Mijin Gakure") do not work if offhanded. Just not sure if Enmity counts as one of those things that's MH only. Thanks!

If there's some good way to test, I'd also be willing to do it myself. Have a Nagi, a SCH mule, and could prob also drag a friend out if there's no good way to do it with just NIN+SCH+trusts.

EDIT: some further discussion in the NIN forum seems to confirm Enm+40 from Nagi does NOT work from offhand, and apparently Martel may have found the same thing for Burtgang. So, sorry if my question was unnecessary ;) But if anyone has evidence to the contrary, would love to hear it!
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 136 137 138