First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 137 138 139
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-12 05:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Hey Martel,
I'm not sure how you got 102% SIRD as you describe it. I only see 91% SIRD in gear explicitly stated. If you add 1% from Nour.Earring Augments and 10% SIRD from Ambu cape, you get 102%. ....Did you mean to say that both Ambu capes for "Cure" and "Cure SIRD" are actually NOT the same? Thanks again for taking the time to make these sets and sharing them.
Hmmmm. I don't have a SIRD cape made, so that wouldn't be it.

Ahhh. Merits. 5/5 While I mentioned them in the enmity SIRD set post, I appear to have neglected to do so here. Perhaps I felt it was already established.

Will edit the original post.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-04-12 05:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Felgarr said: »
Hey Martel,
I'm not sure how you got 102% SIRD as you describe it. I only see 91% SIRD in gear explicitly stated. If you add 1% from Nour.Earring Augments and 10% SIRD from Ambu cape, you get 102%. ....Did you mean to say that both Ambu capes for "Cure" and "Cure SIRD" are actually NOT the same? Thanks again for taking the time to make these sets and sharing them.
Hmmmm. I don't have a SIRD cape made, so that wouldn't be it.

Ahhh. Merits. 5/5 While I mentioned them in the enmity SIRD set post, I appear to have neglected to do so here. Perhaps I felt it was already established.

Will edit the original post.

Thanks for the clarification and for your contributions to my /BLU post.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-12 05:33:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Reprisal with 80% fast cast is a 0.2 second cast time. I don't think you could even hit the second macro before the spell finished. Although, considering PLD, might not have 80% even with siegel sash helping.

But that aside, this isn't a problem of the length of in game waits, or of vanilla macros. If you try to use an equipset within less than one second of using another equipset, it throws a command error and fails to swap.

So even assuming you hit the second macro before the spells fires, if the time elapsed since the first equipset was equipped is less than 1 seconds, then it's going to fail anyway. So what was the point of breaking it up into two macros?

Sorry didnt know about it. I dont really use this fail macros, just throwing ideas.
Can't really blame you there. I don't normally use vanilla equipsets either(gearswap ftw.) And I wasn't sure if this was common knowledge for people who do.

I just ran into it while messing with that reprisal macro to see if it would work, then tested the delay out of curiosity.
By SimonSes 2020-04-12 05:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure he meant 10% from merits and he mentioned 1% from earring.

Edit: lol everyone answering so fast today :)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-12 11:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Reprisal with 80% fast cast is a 0.2 second cast time. I don't think you could even hit the second macro before the spell finished. Although, considering PLD, might not have 80% even with siegel sash helping.

But that aside, this isn't a problem of the length of in game waits, or of vanilla macros. If you try to use an equipset within less than one second of using another equipset, it throws a command error and fails to swap.

So even assuming you hit the second macro before the spells fires, if the time elapsed since the first equipset was equipped is less than 1 seconds, then it's going to fail anyway. So what was the point of breaking it up into two macros?

I *think* i saw someone list a <wait> of .5 before, so might be worth seeing if <wait .5> works. But i honestly havnt used equipsets in forever.

You could also put yourself into precast and wait before casting spell, then equip midcast upon casting said spell.

Either way, it wouldnt be the most ideal due to actually being in precast for any duration, but its something if you dont have gearswap/ashitacast setup yet and are still learning the ropes.
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-12 11:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

You can't have precast in equipsets reliably. That's why when I used to play RUN before I used gearswap there was only a handful of spells you could use a fast cast set for. Some spells just cast too fast, Flash, Stun, Reprisal, etc.
Equipsets only let you have 1 second minimum and 60s maximum waits.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-12 13:24:58
Link | Citer | R

I *think* i saw someone list a <wait> of .5 before, so might be worth seeing if <wait .5> works. But i honestly havnt used equipsets in forever.

You could also put yourself into precast and wait before casting spell, then equip midcast upon casting said spell.

Either way, it wouldnt be the most ideal due to actually being in precast for any duration, but its something if you dont have gearswap/ashitacast setup yet and are still learning the ropes.
I do belive I've been over this before... ahh, good. I bookmarked it.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/367/#2889432

The above links to a detailed test on attempts to use decimal values in FFXI /wait commands.

TLDR: The ffxi wait command does not accept decimal values. If you do 0.5 you get a 0 second wait. Oddly if you do .5, leaving off the 0, you get a 1 second wait.

And yes, I went over an option for doing the precast in advance in my post on the previous page.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-14 10:38:14
Link | Citer | R

The sets in the OP look a bit dated, so I was wondering if people have some more updated CDC/Savage Blade sets, and maybe some recommendations one when to use each one because my WS average seems way higher for Savage Blade but I see people spamming CDC all the time, and I know my gear isn't great haha.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-14 11:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, yeah, the OP sets are really out of date.

I have a few WS sets on AH, but they aren't fully up to date either. Needs some attention, just like everything else. I just don't have time to go through everything and get things vetted and updated properly... And I still need to do tanking/idle sets. Then TP/hybrid, then ws, then PDT WS, then PDT HP WS. /tableflip. And then on to RUN since I've had multiple requests to get those sets posted. /dies.

I haven't done any detailed PLD dps work in a long time so this is all from memory, take it with a grain of salt.

Regarding CDC vs Savage, the only time CDC has a chance in hell of being better on PLD is if you are Self skill chaining. CDC also gains a little bit of ground when dual wielding, as it has it's fTP carried so the extra hit is more potent than it would be on savage, etc.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-04-14 11:34:55
Link | Citer | R

You're looking at something like this:
ItemSet 372333

Then you remember it has like NO HP so swap out stuff for Relic+3 until you're happy with it. PLD's extremely attack starved and Relic+3 has pretty good attack as well as good HP. It also keeps your DT up so you don't get 1shot when you get caught in WS gear. And it has good enmity, which helps with the whole holding hate thing.

ItemSet 372334

Then again swap out stuff for Relic+3 until you're happy with your HP
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-14 12:02:10
Link | Citer | R

I think CDC also largely wins out starting out gearing pld, as a lot of the first priority/second priority gear seems to boost CDC a lot more until you get relic +3
By Voren 2020-04-16 01:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Would the Fotia set not be better than Lacono and Sailfi for SB?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-16 11:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »

At 2k TP, savage has an ftp of over 10, making fotia pieces really, really bad. Sailfi +1 gives 15 str, and a lot of multi attack.
By SimonSes 2020-04-16 12:23:30
Link | Citer | R

At 2k TP, savage has an ftp of over 10, making fotia pieces really, really bad. Sailfi +1 gives 15 str, and a lot of multi attack.

I think he is asking, because he is one of those poor souls who still don't know how Fotia pieces work.

Fotia is not 10%WSD, it's +0.1 to fTP on first hit or all hits (depends if WS has ftp transferred to all hits)
By Felgarr 2020-04-16 13:28:31
Link | Citer | R

I think he is asking, because he is one of those poor souls who still don't know how Fotia pieces work.

Fotia is not 10%WSD, it's +0.1 to fTP on first hit or all hits (depends if WS has ftp transferred to all hits)

Just to expand further: It is a property of a weapon skill that FTP affects the first hit (or all hits). So, Fotia doesn't change that aspect of WS damage calculations. Fotia simply adds 0.1 to FTP, and how the WS uses FTP to come up with your damage output is otherwise unchanged.

In my experience/opinion, WSes that have FTP transfer to all hits, make Fotia Gorget/Belt a great option. (If, however, FTP only affects the first hit or the WS is a higher FTP or 1-hit WS, then you might have better luck with the WSes stat-mod (STR, DEX, etc).

If the WS is already high FTP (and adding 0.1 to it will not be very significant total FTP), there are many WSes were the WS's stat mods and multi-attack are though to be a better combination for increasing average WS damage.
By Voren 2020-04-17 02:25:10
Link | Citer | R

No, I'm one of the poor souls that sees Weapon Skill Accuracy +10 on both pieces and have had issues with accuracy where I've had anywhere between OMGWTF great damage to absolutely abysmal.

So, please excuse me if I wanted to know more about WHY something without the added accuracy was better.

And thank you Felgarr and Nyaarun for elaborating, but I perhaps should have specified the totality of Fotia and not just the damage portion. You're not doing damage if you can't land the hit.
By SimonSes 2020-04-17 07:42:01
Link | Citer | R

No, I'm one of the poor souls that sees Weapon Skill Accuracy +10 on both pieces and have had issues with accuracy where I've had anywhere between OMGWTF great damage to absolutely abysmal.

So, please excuse me if I wanted to know more about WHY something without the added accuracy was better.

And thank you Felgarr and Nyaarun for elaborating, but I perhaps should have specified the totality of Fotia and not just the damage portion. You're not doing damage if you can't land the hit.

Since first hit of WS has +100 accuracy bonus and only really the first hit of Savage Blade matters, it would be a very rare situation that you will have capped accuracy on TP/hybrid set and not on SB first hit. Unless you tanking something evasive and only get TP from blocks I guess? Not sure if using Savage Blade would be optimal in such scenario anyway tho.

Btw that neck is not optimal for SB. I think JSE +2 neck is, unless there is some other neck I cant remember now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-17 08:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Since first hit of WS has +100 accuracy bonus and only really the first hit of Savage Blade matters, it would be a very rare situation that you will have capped accuracy on TP/hybrid set and not on SB first hit. Unless you tanking something evasive and only get TP from blocks I guess? Not sure if using Savage Blade would be optimal in such scenario anyway tho.

Btw that neck is not optimal for SB. I think JSE +2 neck is, unless there is some other neck I cant remember now.
If Knight's beads +2 R25 actually had MND+20 like bgwiki said before, then it would be best in slot fulltime. But since it's actually only +15, it's only situationally best.

If pdif is high, doesn't have to be capped, but high, then Knights+2 is best. But if pDIF is low, then Lacono+1 will win. I haven't messed with it enough to figure out the exact break point.

I do think that Knights'+2 is a really good hybrid option for savage blade though. Good HP and DT, and it's not that much worse than Lacono +1 even when atk is low.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 17:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Having acc issues generally means you need to either switch buffs, switch to a more ACC based set, keep enlight II up, or swap to DD food, if youre doing something where youre concerned about whether or not you hit the mob for TP.

If you can hit the mob for TP, as others have said previous, its extremely unlikely youll miss savage.
By Felgarr 2020-04-21 17:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Time for more sets. Cures this time.

HP Cure.
ItemSet 353475
3023 HP*
Cure+53%, 3% over. Cure received capped.
Enmity+87(+117 w/crusade)
PDT 76%/68%. way overcapped.
39% DT
39%MDT, 46% BDT

Augments:
Sourevan: C path
Rudianos: HP+80, meva+20, Cure+10, PDT 10%

*Regarding the HP. My unity is currently in 2nd place, making the HP+ on Macabre+1 +79(+50 from the unity stat +29 from base.) I think you could probably drop two ranks before HP drops below 3k.

But you could also add more HP with moonlight riing, or Gelatinous. Personally I'd like to keep Defending to maintain moderate DT, but you could do gelatinous or another moonbeam to really crank the HP up. Nothing wrong with having some extra HP gap to cure for more enmity.

HP Cure SIRD
ItemSet 371844
3008 HP* (unit rank 2)
SIRD 102% 5/5 merits(Rank 6 nourishing aug for 1% more)
Cure+50%
Enmity+66(96 w/ Crusade)
68% PDT
29% DT
33% MDT, 39% BDT

Souveran and cape augs are the same as last set.
Odyssean has a Cure+6% aug.
Nourishing needs to be at least rank 6 for 1% SIRD.
Gelatinous+1 is R15.

I initially tested this set at 101% SIRD, having heard some rumors that 101% would cap when using larger SIRD value pieces. A plausible scenario considering how the exact haste values on gear work.

But this turned out to not be the case for the specific pieces this set uses despite nothing in the set having less that 10%.

lvl ~139 mobs. I disabled my fast cast set for cure precast and spammed cure with my back to the mobs.

So, not capped.

I will note that these interrupts were quite rare at 101% SIRD. I estimate that the per hit interrupt rate was around 3.1%. Rough numbers and small sample.

But Still, I'd rather this be capped, and with the unity augment on Nourishing there is a way to do so without messing anything else up. It takes a rank 6 augment to ge 1% SIRD on the earring.

Retested.

Better.

102% SIRD
83 cures
307 hits.
3.69 hits per cast.
No interrupts.

So I believe that 102% is capping in this set.

Similar to the non-SIRD set, this one is relying on a fairly high unity rank to creep above 3k HP. R15 Gelatinous ring+1 is giving +130 HP, at unity rank2. So +100 from the augment and +30 from the unity stat. Assuming the drop in HP form rank 2 to 3 is that same as 1 to 2(5HP), then you can only drop down to rank 3. Any farther will put you below 3 k. only by a tiny bit, but it will. Probably using Miso anyway.

I think there are a few alternative variants to this set, but most that I've looks at either uncap PDT, drop below 3kHP, or both.

What's the obvious reason you're using Ochain in Cure SIRD set instead of Aegis? (but your cure set has shield blank?)

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-21 18:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Just a stab in the dark, but at least you generally have a chance to block with Ochain. Your blockrate with Aegis is floored on pretty much anything ilvl.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-21 18:54:14
Link | Citer | R

None of these sets are shield specific. The thought is that you could have any shield there and the set would still work.

I honestly don't recall why I had Ochain in the HP Cure SIRD set, I made the original set a long time ago and just updated it. That said, there's no particular reason it should be Aegis either.

I've made the shield slot blank in the HP Cure SIRD set as well.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-23 10:26:35
Link | Citer | R

What's the best way for me to get CP/JP solo on PLD?
By Taint 2020-04-23 10:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
What's the best way for me to get CP/JP solo on PLD?

AE plus Ochain.

Pull large packs in an Escha zone. (which zone, mobs will depend on your gear and comfort level)
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-24 08:57:26
Link | Citer | R

On the topic of AE cleaving, does anyone have a rough AE set or some key pieces I should grab? I haven't AE cleaved since Abyssea was new so my gear there is quite dated.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-04-24 09:32:46
Link | Citer | R

On the topic of AE cleaving, does anyone have a rough AE set or some key pieces I should grab? I haven't AE cleaved since Abyssea was new so my gear there is quite dated.
This set posted by Martel a year ago is still pretty relevant (make sure to read his comments in the post as well). Improvements I can see with new HTBF/Odyseey gear are:
  • Sacro Breastplate

• R15 Augury Cuisses +1

• R15 Metamorph Ring +1 over Acumen

Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-24 09:41:07
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 333947
Carmine D path
V.Body: MAB+48 DM aug
Rudianos: INT/MACC/MDMG/WSD+
Augury Cuisses: R15

Alternatives
Body.
Sacro breastplate should be very close to my DM augment here.
Carmine body+1 D path should also be pretty up there.
Founder's with good aug, Not as good as the others, but still good.

Hands, Founder's is also a good alternative here.

Legs, really well aug'd Odyssean, or eschite cuisses, path.. D I think, is +25 MAB.

Feet I think the only other options in augmented Odyssean/valorous.

And I still need a pemphedro tathlum...

For daggers, you can use Levant until Malevolence. But Malev is way better despite levant's wind affinity.

I feel like I may be forgetting some of the older alternatives... Oh, and there's Orpheus' sash, but well... hah.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-24 09:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
This set posted by Martel a year ago is still pretty relevant (make sure to read his comments in the post as well). Improvements I can see with new HTBF/Odyseey gear are:
  • Sacro Breastplate

• R15 Augury Cuisses +1

• R15 Metamorph Ring +1 over Acumen

Oh yeah.. Metamorph +1. There's something I can throw some scales at.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-24 10:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Hm, I think I can cobble something together with mostly stuff I already have then. Fortunately already have a decent Malevolence and an Orpheus Sash. I can probably spring for Carmine hands but I dunno if I can spend the gil on the voodoo mail. Maybe I can just get away with Founder's Breastplate (which I finally got one of last night, along with the Hose, thanks Laruni!).

Thanks guys!
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 137 138 139