~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 136 137 138
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 16:43:18
Link | Citer | R

tl:dr is run really fast and slide over the pop. It'll spawn but you'll be out of range to lose the ki

Did it by "accident" a couple times mashing the * key
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-05-22 16:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Make a T3 then make a T2. Your T2 won't upgrade.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-22 16:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Don't need tools to not use it. Just have to time the tick right, which you can manually do. And even if you don't bother doing that, the window isn't that strict.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
tl:dr is run really fast and slide over the pop. It'll spawn but you'll be out of range to lose the ki

Did it by "accident" a couple times mashing the * key
It's not based on distance or speed, it's based on overwriting a command with another.

What happens if you press a vanilla Voke macro with a /wait 30 timer and then press another macro? It's the exact same thing.

You guys resort to tools so much that you've forgotten how this game works.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 16:49:00
Link | Citer | R

You couldn't do it simply by spamming the rest key. No idea how it works but it's got to be some combination of ja0 and/or flee+ speed
By soralin 2019-05-22 16:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Its more likely based on dropping aggro off the popped NM.

Chances are the server does something like:
Code
var player = NM.ClaimedTarget.PlayerId
player.KeyItems.Remove(Abyssite)

Something like that, but its async and those two lines of code don't actually happen back to back, but off fired events.

Thus when the 'remove KI' event fires off, but the monster goes unclaimed, server goes "hm I dunno who's KI to remove now, oh well"

So the running really fast triggers it cause you ran more than 50' away and de-aggroed the NM instantly, causing its name to go white.

Am I correct?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-22 16:57:22
Link | Citer | R

You couldn't do it simply by spamming the rest key.

You can my dude. That's how I do it, it's not 100%, but i'd estimate 75% success rate from doing 2 Ochains and a Harp.
I've heard about the macros and scripts and stuff, but I've never tried them.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-22 17:56:08
Link | Citer | R

You couldn't do it simply by spamming the rest key. No idea how it works but it's got to be some combination of ja0 and/or flee+ speed
Actually this is how it works.

I don't use any speed or movement enhancing tool, I'm 100% vanilla in that regard. Furthermore, I made it happen while staying still. It's strictly based on ticks and the mechanic I speak of.

soralin said: »
Its more likely based on dropping aggro off the popped NM.
If it was the case it would insta depop/not pop.

I mean, it's really not complicated. When you do it, you notice something very clear when you succeed and when you fail. There is something you immediately see, notice. And that something is the very same thing that happens when you use different vanilla macros.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-22 18:18:57
Link | Citer | R

rest macro with 1s waits work, alternatively use repeater at 0 delay.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-05-22 19:05:46
Link | Citer | R

It can be done without tools by spamming the heal button(s) when attempting to pop T3s.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 19:09:26
Link | Citer | R

<that's interesting>
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-05-28 10:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Any use for Arke on PLD? Or is it better/comparable to just use the magic evasion already on souveran/af+3/relic+3 instead? Know might be ok for building TP quickly on PLD but not concerned with that.
By soralin 2019-05-28 12:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Im not a fan of it, Souv+1's stats like Cure Pot Recieved are pretty nice.

People say paladin's Meva sucks, but I've resisted enough enfeebles during clutch moments to know that its not negligible.

I don't use Souv+1 gear in my TPing set, or well, I will use hands+legs for when I go more turtle mode to get a lot more HP, but mostly Souv+1 is macro swap pieces for casting, especially once you get Moralltach to really reign in HP bounce.

As usual, this is my hybdrid tanking set that caps acc on most content, has very solid TP build rates, and still has okay HP and capped DT:

ItemSet 359870

To turtle up a bit more, swap in Souv+1 hands and legs
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-05-28 13:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Any use for Arke on PLD? Or is it better/comparable to just use the magic evasion already on souveran/af+3/relic+3 instead? Know might be ok for building TP quickly on PLD but not concerned with that.

It has its place, just not in soralin's sets because he doesn't like it. Page 56 Taint posted some sets and arguable points about the pros of using it. The debate started on the bottom of page 55.
By soralin 2019-05-28 14:11:12
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/57/#3428762

Not gonna waste time breaking down why arke is noob trap gear a second time, everything you need to know is in that post and its sibling after.

tl;dr: arke set means sacrificing a ***tonne of dps and meva for basically nothing. The TP gained on taking dmg isnt going to give much because its gonna come in fat lump sums and most of it will be lost to over tp.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2019-06-08 21:01:58
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »

So, Shining One on Paladin is pretty fun for soloing Job Points pretty fast :3

Using Ayame I can pretty consistently Darkness Skillchain every single WS, and do easily 35~50K dmg a pop.

Absolutely insane clear speed.

Would you mind sharing your tp/ws sets?
By soralin 2019-06-10 12:57:40
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 360396

WSD+acc/att/str rolls on escha gear, WSD + Str + acc/att on cape.

I have substantially improved my gear since I took those screenshots, I would peg myself at pulling off like 30k impulse drives now or so? Ive definitely done darkness SCs over 60k.

However I did parsing and found the same game plan but with Savage Blade doing Light SCs with Ayame were substantially better dps overall and, of course, allowed me to keep ochain on for better tankiness.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2019-06-10 18:00:25
Link | Citer | R

I have the sword as well, but no ochain, just aegis. I'll go that route. Just looking for an AE alternative, since that doesn't seem to work as well without ochain.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-06-11 06:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said: »
I have the sword as well, but no ochain, just aegis. I'll go that route. Just looking for an AE alternative, since that doesn't seem to work as well without ochain.

Ochain is insanely easy to get compared, specially when compared to any other empy. It's only a three step process and can be done fairly quickly. The colorless souls kind of suck, but doing them in altepa wasn't to bad for me. And doing the dragon horns went a LOT faster for me when I realized you could get the pop item for him from large golden chests.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2019-06-19 17:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a really basic Judgement or Black Halo ws set they want to share? Working on grinding solo Ambuscade and since Club/Blunt damage is way more effective on the pots I'm trying to throw together something a little more optimized than my basic ws set. I don't know if gorgets are good for them or not, for example.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2019-06-28 17:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Is there a resource anywhere for which cape augments I want? Can capes only have one augment on them, or multiple?
 Fenrir.Loynis
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2019-06-28 18:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Not that I've ever seen, I sat down and wrote out my own that would benefit me. You can have up to 5 augments on a cape, one each from the augment items, thread, sap, dye, etc.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-06-28 20:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
I am currently using STR rings in the set, and Rudianos is MND+20, ATT/ACC 20, WSD +10%. I don't see why the gorgets or belts wouldn't work, but I'm not a math person so I could be wrong.
You should find that STR is a better aug for Judgement and Black Halo.
Judgement is 50% STR 50% MND.
Black Halo is 30% STR 70% MND.
Basic damage formula is (DMG + fSTR + WSmod) x fTP
4~6 STR is +1 to fSTR.... basically. So +30 STR is increasing base damage by +5~7 from the fSTR term, and then +15 for Judgement and by +9 for Black Halo; for a total of +20~22 and +14~16, respectively.
Compared to the boost from a +30 MND being only +15 for Judgement and +21 for Black Halo.
(STR also boost attack, which as PLD is an attack starved job, we tend to not be pDIF capped...)
So as you can see, whenever you have a STR WSmod that's 50% or more, always gear for STR. (You'll also still tend to get bigger numbers on <50% STR mod WSs unless you're pDIF capped.)

Belts and gorgets get a little more complicated, because both these WSs have varying fTPs. Each belt and gorget increasing that multiplier by 0.1... basically.
So if you're shooting off Judgements at 1k every time, you're getting a 3.7 multiplier instead of the base 3.5... whereas at 3k TP, that fTP modifier jumps up to 12. So a boost of +0.2 is much smaller of a boost comparatively. (12.2x v 12x)
Black Halo is similar at 1k with a 3, but only goes up to 9.75 at 3k.

These don't have fTP transferring to other hits in the WS, so with such scaling something like Tjukurrpa medal's +6 STR (+4 base damage for Judgement, +3 for Black Halo) can often offer more overall damage...
But personally I tend to favor the belt+gorget anyways since that 2% free WS outweighs the slight loss of base damage from +stat pieces... though I freely admit that there is a loss there. Just my personal taste in getting those freebies. (plus given how until the new Dynamis Necks, +6 was about as good as you'd get in either slot. So the loss is a bit bigger now than it used to be.)

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Is there a resource anywhere for which cape augments I want? Can capes only have one augment on them, or multiple?
The basic rule of thumb I use:
  • Thread+Dye = whatever the stat for the WS is. (So for these club ones, +STR)

• Dust = Acc&Atk (or Ranged if it's a ranged WS; or Macc&Mdmg for a magic WS)

• Sap = WSdmg if it's a single hit, DA if it's a multihit WS (especially if the fTP transfers), and some like Crit Rate for crit based WSs... those also tend to have fTP transferring so I personally prefer DA... or are a single hit, so WSdmg boosts more than the critical hit boost to pDIF.

• Resin = DT for tanks and DDs, Pet: Regen for SMN and GEO... possibly PUP and BST too. But those two aren't my forte, and may benefit more from DT in the WS like a normal DD rather than a constant pet regen rate.

That should cover all WSs for all your jobs, not just PLD.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2019-06-29 06:45:39
Link | Citer | R

I was typing from my phone earlier, so I couldn't list the ones I've been thinking of.

A tanking cape with HP, Att/acc, maybe enmity+ and DT-, and while I feel like Moonbeam/light is vastly superior, that's also a steep price for me, compared to some time in ambuscade.

A magic evasion cape, but I doubt it will even be effective based on Martel's observations with Dyna-D, but like I can even do that solo..

A TPing cape, with DEX, Att/Acc, Haste (I use Flamma so it caps haste) Resin augment maybe regen over DT, as it's not usually serious if I am in a DD set.

CDC cape, DEX, Att/Acc, Crit rate, I felt fine skipping a resin augment since it's only use is for CDC, and while DT is probably logical, I feel like it's something only to add when I have nothing left to throw points at.

Normal WS, which is the one I listed earlier. It's built for sword WSs, but I was thinking of changing it down the road to STR when I eventually start work on Ragnarok and Caladbolg.

Magic Damage, mostly for AE, but also Holy/Banish. INT, Macc/Matt, MAB, DT, and Magic Damage

Finally I've been debating on a utility cape, essentially for fast cast / SIRD, and throwing evasion on it.

Thanks for the math Cory.
By Nariont 2019-06-29 08:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Should be able to cap gear haste without wasting a aug on haste. Hp cape you can just run hp/fc/vit/dt or pdt on, pld shouldnt need sird on cape i dont think since it gets a relatively easy time capping that, but could be misremembering there.

ItemSet 359409

Was the best at the time i beleive, can always downgrade for stuff you dont have
By Taint 2019-06-29 09:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Moonbeam/light cape and rings are for HP control more than anything.

No point in having sets that drop you to 2k HP when your TP/Turtle/DT sets have 3k+.

Even that SIRD set would drop you well below your active sets. Wasting HP and wasting MP to replenish.
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-06-29 11:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Only thing I use SRID for on PLD is /BLU.
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2019-06-29 11:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Does the new Odin gear change anything up for pld hybrid sets and would haste on capes be viable swap if necessary? thx
By Taint 2019-06-29 13:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
Does the new Odin gear change anything up for pld hybrid sets and would haste on capes be viable swap if necessary? thx

ItemSet 351749

New body is great for TP in general. Use the belt slot to cap haste, not the cape.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2019-07-24 19:56:36
Link | Citer | R

anyone have a up to date PLD lua that I could possibly have just looking into gearing my PLD properly and getting a GS for it.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 136 137 138