~First And Final Line Of Defense V2.0~

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 137 138 139
By soralin 2018-08-07 00:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Ok I see there point now. They didnt have a melee DD so they don't need haste.

They're using the Cors themselves as the DDs, so they want Rapid shots, not haste.

I don't see it performing as well though as a jacked up REMA sam with Idris Geo + 4 songs + 2 rolls + Haste II

We were averaging about 1.5~2.5 minute clears on ambuscade VD with said setup (SAM/PLD/GEO/COR/BRD/RDM)

Which, as I mentioned, was hugely dwarfed by the 30 minute wait to actually get into Ambu, so shaving or adding an extra 30 seconds to your clear speed at that point is a matter of 'who really cares anyways?'
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-07 01:13:50
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why you would necessarily assume that a COR wouldn't want to melee without any context at all.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-07 01:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Cor is a melee DD in melee pt.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-08-10 17:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Quick question? Do you guys give a ***about what your HP does when you're swapping sets? Prime example for me being, in my TP/DT hybrid set if I cast flash I drop 600 HP.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-08-10 22:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tydis said: »
Quick question? Do you guys give a ***about what your HP does when you're swapping sets? Prime example for me being, in my TP/DT hybrid set if I cast flash I drop 600 HP.
It'll certainly piss off your healers if you're doing the HP shuffle dance too much.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-08-10 22:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Dropping will make healers despise you, it also majorly can effect your hate. Your enmity set shouldn't differ that much from your tp set either, the more enmity you have while tp'in the more each swing adds and the less you lose each hit. Not full timing high enmity and high hp (bouncing alil is fine) I find it hard to believe you hold hate unless you got some very weak dps w/ you.

As a person who's two mains are pld and whm, I'll tell ya if i see a pld's hp bouncing around, they won't get involved in any of my pug fights from there on out either.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-08-11 12:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Well, it was merely a question as I was looking to improve my sets but you sound pretty unpleasant anyway.
[+]
By Davorin 2018-08-11 13:04:49
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/37/#3290917

There's a few posts here that talk about maintaining HP through casting/enmity sets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-08-11 13:14:06
Link | Citer | R

That feeling when you click on the link, and it's one of your own posts. lol
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-08-11 13:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Davorin said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/37/#3290917

There's a few posts here that talk about maintaining HP through casting/enmity sets.
That's very useful, thank you. My friends have started coming back to the game so we started doing stuff again and HP dropping when casting was the first thing I noticed. So ideally I'm looking to adjust my sets so I drop less HP between my FC and casting sets.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-11 13:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
Dropping will make healers despise you, it also majorly can effect your hate. Your enmity set shouldn't differ that much from your tp set either, the more enmity you have while tp'in the more each swing adds and the less you lose each hit. Not full timing high enmity and high hp (bouncing alil is fine) I find it hard to believe you hold hate unless you got some very weak dps w/ you.

As a person who's two mains are pld and whm, I'll tell ya if i see a pld's hp bouncing around, they won't get involved in any of my pug fights from there on out either.

This is helpful actually. I bounce between 2500-ish to 3300-ish mainly due to the swap of FC gear or DD gear.

I might probably remove most the FC from Flash and other stuff and use SIRD (once I got it) instead. Probably the only thing I would keep using FC would be Reprisal.

It's a useful cure cheat but swapping from full DT/HP to DD (for WS) would drastically lower my HP.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-08-11 21:46:52
Link | Citer | R

So in regards to HP dropping and what not; Would I be better off using Path C (For Enmity/HP) on Souveran Cuirass? More or less plan it to be my full on idle/enmity body.
By soralin 2018-08-11 21:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Enmitty is better to start, but eventually youll want to idle in refresh and swap in enmity in your enmity set
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-08-11 22:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Okay, cause right now I have Emet Harness +1 for my enmity set; but since the HQ body has +11 naturally, using the extra +9 for +20 was what I was looking at more. But 3 refresh is pretty good for when it calls for it..
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-08-11 22:36:43
Link | Citer | R

(MP has only ever been an issue on my pld when people start dieing from AoE's or not having proper suppot)

I think the souveran body is up for debate, if you have mp issues go path D, I personally use path c on all 5 pieces, however I have been considering changing that for the pure sake of the HP drop, If my armor pieces had less hp on them, then when i switch to FC/SIRD/WS sets I wouldn't have to worry as much about the HP bounce. But with mostly fully timing 5 pieces w/ path C on them I never lose hate until capped enmity situations, I switch out all the other gear for my sets and usually don't switch out the souveran set.

I have partied with a pld who took the set all path A and it was interesting. Granted he had only 2500 hp, the lack of HP and enmity was mostly made up for in dps and the ability to gear swap more pieces in without dropping hp. This pld did lose hate faster than my pld but in many short fights where enmity never got close to max he did very well.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-08-12 06:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that you can have multiples of the same piece. I have C and D path souveran body/hands. So I can Idle in the refresh+, but cast in the +20 enmity.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-08-12 09:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Keep in mind that you can have multiples of the same piece. I have C and D path souveran body/hands. So I can Idle in the refresh+, but cast in the +20 enmity.
Same but only since I got the HQ body the other day, turned my NQ into path D as an idle piece.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-28 15:07:41
Link | Citer | R

So I threw away/lost/misplaced I don't know *** where my Gold Moogle belt (I can't even find the Silver one). Is there any way to obtain it nowadays without resorting to the 365 days of wait that is the gold worldpass mule?

Checked both wikis, didn't find anything helpful outside of the gold worldpass option.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-08-28 15:15:35
Link | Citer | R

They can be stored on storage slip 11. Maybe check in there just in case? They can also be sent to mules if you happened to put it away.

You can get the belts in May during the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-28 18:04:24
Link | Citer | R

I checked all my characters, didn't find anything. I must admit I didn't double check the slip, I assumed /findall would be reliable but it doesn't show items sometimes.

Worst caseWell, only 9 months to go *cough*, not on my slip.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-08-28 18:13:25
Link | Citer | R

Ah, that's unfortunate. :(

I'm assuming this is for a high HP set for Reprisal and such. oneiros belt or something might be a good alternative until you can get the belt in May. Or maybe there are better options I'm unaware of.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-29 07:47:24
Link | Citer | R

I will most likely get this belt yes, that will be fine until I can get the moogle one. I must admit I didn't search a lot for HP belts but there is nothing coming up in my recent memory.

That's fine anyway, I'm mostly worried about my FC set at the moment. I guess the only alternative to Enif would be augmented Odyssean and that's it, right?
I already augmented my Odyssean feet and hands with FC+5 (I've never done Sinister Reign for the Leyline) but I don't have the legs.
 Cerberus.Acemister
user: Acemister
By Cerberus.Acemister 2018-08-31 05:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Hi all, I'm looking at building the Excalibur relic for my pld and was after some advice and your thoughts on the relic.

First, is it worth building this relic?

I know Burtgang is considered to be the best, but I feel the time and gil needed for this is not something I would be able to achieve any time soon.

I have Aegis and Ochain already so I'm looking at weapons for my pld now.

Currently, I'm using the Nixxer sword as my primally weapon.

So my questions are:
Would this weapon make a big difference if I had it?
What are proc on the additional dmg like?
Is the ws on this weapon any good?
Finally, the refresh and regen on the final weapon, does this help?

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-31 05:32:40
Link | Citer | R

You'll want a Burtgang if you're serious about PLD. Exca is fun but at the end of the day, make one if you want to, you don't need external motivation, it takes a few hours only.

If you're tanking, you want Burtgang, if you're self SCing, you want Degen (+1), if you love Exca and want to deal damage, go for it.

Shouldn't hurt you to make Exca and Degen, they're just a few hours both.

The damage on KoR is ok, nothing stellar, the aftermath is helpful but I don't find it vital anywhere.
You can find proc rates on wiki, it's helpful here and there but it's nothing game breaking unfortunately.
I don't think it'll allow you to clear stuff that you wouldn't with a Degen, a Nixxer or a Flyssa.
It's a fun sword, I'm not sure if it has a niche in 2018, probably not at all, it looks pretty and I guess where TP and PDT II doesn't matter it's probably the best damage you can get, but that's not something that common.

Make it if you want it, if you want something useful it's much better to focus on Burtgang. I made Exca because I wanted it and because I thought it'd be the best option until I finish my current mythic and can start Burtgang, then I made a Degen for self SCing, so I could cover all options. I don't regret Exca one bit because I wanted it anyway, but if you're really worried about spending your money wisely and being efficient, start working on Burtgang.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-08-31 09:36:19
Link | Citer | R

I totally agree, anybody is going to tell you to save the money and go for Burt.
Also by making burt you can roll with more endgame content and make even more gil if you want to make excal after that.

I'm also going to make Excal one day, it's cool and I'm sure the AM is great in some situations, but I'm fine with Burt and Almace right now.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-31 10:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Burt isn't need for anything. The +emnity is great but lets face it in new content its hardly needed due to the emnity adjustment on lvl100+ mobs.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get it, its just not needed to tank anything. Its for completionist PLDs.

Excalibur Q/A:
Would this weapon make a big difference if I had it? Its good for DPS and the refresh is useful on some mobs, but no not a huge difference in tanking situations.

What are proc on the additional dmg like? There are 2 procs x3 damage proc and the added effect proc (stacks with enlight) They are both obvious DPS gains but with everything being WS oriented now its not as a big of a deal at they once were.

Is the ws on this weapon any good? It is solid at 1000tp which works well for PLD.

Finally, the refresh and regen on the final weapon, does this help? Helps yes, but nothing too great. Useful on mobs that drain your MP constantly.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2018-08-31 10:16:49
Link | Citer | R

If Burtgang isn't an option at all, I'd say go for Briliance for tanking and just make Excalibur if you want to :)
 Cerberus.Acemister
user: Acemister
By Cerberus.Acemister 2018-08-31 13:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Thank you all very much for your input and time. Its given me some food for thought.

It sounds like Excalibur is not a bad DPS weapon but I should bite the bullet and go for Burtgang as a long-term goal if I continue to keep Pld as my main job, using Degen, Nixxer or Brilliance in the interim until its complete.
 Bahamut.Ricon
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ricon
By Bahamut.Ricon 2018-09-11 12:08:46
Link | Citer | R

10% block rate augment on Excalibur should be fun for those of us who don’t have Burt. Sucks we can’t have actual good shields but I like Excalibur having a defensive stat, makes me feel less like I made a mistake making it.
[+]
By soralin 2018-09-11 14:25:14
Link | Citer | R

Does the +10 block rate on excal actually do anything when using aegis?

I recall something about the shields not having block skill making any +block rate stats semi worthless due to caps.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 137 138 139