Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 136 137 138
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-03-13 18:21:24
Link | Citer | R

I'll add a confirmation anyway. Equipped HP+ gear in every slot. 4519 HP. equipped platinum moggle belt. 4970 HP. 4519*1.1=4970.9. Floored to 4970, exactly. So it is accounting for hp on all slots.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-13 23:27:44
Link | Citer | R

These sets are based on ML20 TT PLD/WAR. Minimum HP required is 3K, no weapon or shield swaps. I might be missing some gear in my program, though, so if a piece doesn't appear and should, let me know. I will add more as I get printouts.

Chev. Cuirass +3 uses minimum DT values. Gold belt is platinum, item isn't in database yet.

75% FC
ItemSet 390594

95 SIRD + 50% PDT, maximum magic evasion after reaching those goals
ItemSet 390593
[+]
By Beau 2023-03-14 04:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Okay I was able to test the new Plat. Mog. Belt and everything is working beautifully. I thought the 10% would calculate weirdly but it didn't. The belt really helps keep your HP/MP up higher. As a ML 30 Galka PLD/WAR, my baseline PDT idle is 3648 HP / 1038 MP. In MDT idle mode it's 3603 HP. Other numbers for reference:
[+]
By trinironnie 2023-03-19 14:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a PLD lua i can use that cycles through Shields (including Duban) ? Or something that can toggle Carmine cuisses +1 if i wanna run fast / tanking @_@.
By Hopalong 2023-03-19 18:09:08
Link | Citer | R

This is what I used. Basically its a modified Arislan lua logic if you need more reference.
[+]
By trinironnie 2023-03-20 11:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
This is what I used. Basically its a modified Arislan lua logic if you need more reference.
Thank you good sir !
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-26 17:16:58
Link | Citer | R

updated cure set, with merits you can cap SIRD, PDT, Cure Potency and Cure Received and keep >= 3K HP. From there it gives the maximum magic evasion possible. Unfortunately still needs the oseem augment on the feet to achieve

Taru /WAR, ML20. Platinum belt, Cure Potency cape augment, assumed only 6% DT on +2 earring
ItemSet 390596
[+]
By macsdf1 2023-03-26 18:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
updated cure set, with merits you can cap SIRD, PDT, Cure Potency and Cure Received and keep >= 3K HP. From there it gives the maximum magic evasion possible. Unfortunately still needs the oseem augment on the feet to achieve

Taru /WAR, ML20. Platinum belt, Cure Potency cape augment, assumed only 6% DT on +2 earring
ItemSet 390596

how is that capped sird?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-26 18:47:55
Link | Citer | R

merits and 101 in gear
 Asura.Otomis
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Otomis 2023-03-26 19:16:49
Link | Citer | R

I tend to build towards 3400 HP before food and/or buffs; As well 500+ Meva & 20+ MDB in 5 main slots. Have you used this in T3 V25 fights?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-04-26 23:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Any set recommendations for soaking Zissuru's from Gaol?
By Vaerix 2023-04-27 00:35:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

High meva and Aegis should neuter them pretty solidly, otherwise throwing up rampart while aura is broken. Idk many people that leave up auras with pld tank, most fights with constant fetter spam rune typically fares better because of constant elemental damage suppression.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-04-27 05:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »

High meva and Aegis should neuter them pretty solidly, otherwise throwing up rampart while aura is broken. Idk many people that leave up auras with pld tank, most fights with constant fetter spam rune typically fares better because of constant elemental damage suppression.
Aegis will do exactly nothing for fetters. They're breath damage. Life would be so much easier if Aegis worked on them...

I'm pretty sure at this point that player INT is a factor in fetter damage/resisting them. So Nyame over Sakpata(78 int difference.) Cap BDT/DT, and stack meva. Make sure to have some elemental resist towards the element of the fetters so you can full resist.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of rage mechanic/increasing macc over time for fetters. The longer the mob is in fetter mode, the more dangerous they get. Though this does seem to be something that can be mitigated by more meva/ele resist. RUN does tend to have less trouble with this due to increased meva/ele resist, and Vallation/valiance

I would not recommend leaving the mobs unproced and in fetter mode when PLD tanking.
By zixxer 2023-04-27 07:51:49
Link | Citer | R

This is the way
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-04-27 10:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Glad Martel answered that so quickly. Though it does beg the question why people still think Fetters do Magic and not Breath Damage. '-')
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-04-27 23:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm pretty sure at this point that player INT is a factor in fetter damage/resisting them. So Nyame over Sakpata(78 int difference.) Cap BDT/DT, and stack meva. Make sure to have some elemental resist towards the element of the fetters so you can full resist.

What about something like this? Happy to take suggestions. Neck/Belt/Ring/Earrings are okay but not positive they're maximizing survival. Cape is m.eva + HP + enmity.
ItemSet 391071
And yeah, we're getting the aura down fast, but it's v25 and even when they get taken down fast, they can still hurt like hell. Especially when we're in the sub-40% range, reducing my damage received against Kalunga when he's inflicting weakness/impact/defense down on top of fetters is important.
By SimonSes 2023-04-28 07:43:13
Link | Citer | R

What about something like this? Happy to take suggestions. Neck/Belt/Ring/Earrings are okay but not positive they're maximizing survival. Cape is m.eva + HP + enmity.
ItemSet 391071
And yeah, we're getting the aura down fast, but it's v25 and even when they get taken down fast, they can still hurt like hell. Especially when we're in the sub-40% range, reducing my damage received against Kalunga when he's inflicting weakness/impact/defense down on top of fetters is important.

If you are talking specifically about Kalunga
I would swap to Flame Sachet for sure, maybe also to Drachenblut Cape. Then belt to Platinum Moogle Belt and earrings to Eabani and/or one of +15-17 fire res earrings. Rings to Shadow Ring and Zanhi ring. Shield to Priwen.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-04-28 11:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Why Priwen? The m.eva aug?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-04-28 11:59:42
Link | Citer | R

As mentioned previously, They do Breath damage and not Magic damage. Aegis is useful for the boss, but not against the Zisurru.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-04-28 12:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

As mentioned previously, They do Breath damage and not Magic damage. Aegis is useful for the boss, but not against the Zisurru.
Right. And I have to balance with both on me, so the why is important in this case. Kalunga isn't a heavy nuker but I was assuming his hybrid attacks are affected by Aegis. If not, I'm happy to change the shield, but Priwen wasn't even a consideration on my list. Duban or Srivatsa were next up. But if there's a clear reason Priwen wins, I want to understand how. The M.eva is what would make sense to me but I want to know if that's actually the reason or if there's something I'm missing.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-04-28 12:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I just keep Aegis on for fetter mode on Kalunga. It's not as if the boss itself stops attacking just cause fetters are out. And and a high damage nuke/TP move can put you in a bad place to get finished off without Aegis. Most of his attacks are magic. And there's some evidence to suggest that searing serration is some sort of hybrid weirdo...

As long as you're proc'ing Kalunga and not just leaving him in fetter mode, then the fetters should remain survivable without the extra meva from priwen. Note that this is assuming you already have a V0 clear for Sakpata's/Nyame. If not you may really need that meva. <,<

If you're specifically getting killed by fetters alone, then feel free to give priwen a try.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-04-28 12:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I just keep Aegis on for fetter mode on Kalunga. It's not as if the boss itself stops attacking just cause fetters are out. And and a high damage nuke/TP move can put you in a bad place to get finished off without Aegis. Most of his attacks are magic. And there's some evidence to suggest that searing serration is some sort of hybrid weirdo...

As long as you're proc'ing Kalunga and not just leaving him in fetter mode, then the fetters should remain survivable without the extra meva from priwen. Note that this is assuming you already have a V0 clear for Sakpata's/Nyame. If not you may really need that meva. <,<

If you're specifically getting killed by fetters alone, then feel free to give priwen a try.
Nah, I'm surviving the whole fight of v25. But things get shakey when he aura's sub-40% and we're trying to zerg him down with the two adds up. I'm just looking to reduce healer burden so that I'm more self-sustained even during aura.

Thank you all for the advice.
By SimonSes 2023-04-28 12:26:43
Link | Citer | R

Right. And I have to balance with both on me, so the why is important in this case. Kalunga isn't a heavy nuker but I was assuming his hybrid attacks are affected by Aegis. If not, I'm happy to change the shield, but Priwen wasn't even a consideration on my list. Duban or Srivatsa were next up. But if there's a clear reason Priwen wins, I want to understand how. The M.eva is what would make sense to me but I want to know if that's actually the reason or if there's something I'm missing.

You will lower hybrid attack much more by doing blocks on physical part of the TP move and Priwen has much higher block rate with Reprisal. Not to mention you will have way higher fire meva in this set and several chances for absorb/annul fire damage, so I'm pretty sure you would be safe against Kalunga fire based attacks too. Also I'm not saying to full time Priwen (even if that might actually be the better option, but I simply don't know), but to use it for when you have Zissuru up. It this particular set, DT on Priwen also helps to push to 50%, because otherwise with changes I listed you would be at 48%. Also +80HP (alongside Platinum moogle belt) helps to offset some HP loss from other changes I listed.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-04-28 12:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Nah, I'm surviving the whole fight of v25. But things get shakey when he aura's sub-40% and we're trying to zerg him down with the two adds up. I'm just looking to reduce healer burden so that I'm more self-sustained even during aura.

Thank you all for the advice.
Oh, also. If you're self curing during fetters, take a close look at your cure sets. Mine had a bunch of Souveran in them, and it was getting me killed when I tried to cure during fetters. <,<;
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-04-28 12:36:49
Link | Citer | R

You may have missed the 10% on Sakpata's Sword. I'm overcapped by about 9%, which does give some wiggle-room in other spots.

38% on Nyame. 3% on Odnowa. 5% on Moonlight. 3% on Staunch. 10% on Sakpata's.

But yeah, I will be referencing your suggestions Simon. Thanks.

EDIT: Healing during fetters: I'm locking my core pieces for that very reason Martel. I still avoid casting during Zissuru's though.
By SimonSes 2023-04-28 14:47:04
Link | Citer | R

You may have missed the 10% on Sakpata's Sword. I'm overcapped by about 9%, which does give some wiggle-room in other spots.

I meant the DT in the set after changing everything to what I wrote :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2023-05-07 03:43:19
Link | Citer | R

It's been 6 months since the Master level increase opened up /RUN 58.
Did someone actually switch permanently from /BLU to /RUN for some of the content after playing around with it?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-05-07 10:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
It's been 6 months since the Master level increase opened up /RUN 58.
Did someone actually switch permanently from /BLU to /RUN for some of the content after playing around with it?

You're assuming tanks are actually allowed in EP parties. Lmao
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-05-07 10:24:41
Link | Citer | R

You're assuming tanks are actually allowed in EP parties. Lmao

PLD is still great for AoE Nest PTs
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-05-07 11:18:33
Link | Citer | R

ML 45 is just... one hell of a time investment. I'm ML36 on PLD, barely. Getting to 36 was roughly 4 million exemplar points. Going from 36 to 45 would take about another 8 million... At worse points per mob, unless you can find someone to sync to.

Maybe if they hadn't killed the Nest[S] camp... but then again... I wasn't motivated enough to do it before they nerfed the camp, so.

They need to add a whole hell of a lot more incentive to master levels before I grind out another 8 mil exemplar points. That or we need to start seeing some mexp bonuses added.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 136 137 138