Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 Year Old Gets Trolled.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-22 21:42:42
Link | Citer | R

I posted it simply to include a follow up, but my opinion still stands.

There really isn't anything good going to come out of this, but, I did read that the 11 year old kid started streaming on twitch (I'm not sure if it's his idea or if the destiny community encouraged him to), so at least he didn't give up on the game after something like that happened to him.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 22:02:04
Link | Citer | R

I wish the kid would get banned from PSN personally.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-22 22:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I felt bad for the kid, but people thinking it gives them a legit excuse to wish misfortune upon the bully and his family is just wrong.
Wishing is free. I don't want bullies to suffer forever, for instance, just until they die. That's in no way the same thing as me saying, "I'm going to track him down and carve his liver out."

I really don't get this consequence-free thing you're promoting. I believe in forgiveness, but it's a thing that needs to be earned. Unbelievable stories and hiding from the firestorm you've started are not signs of an attempt to atone.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-22 22:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I felt bad for the kid, but people thinking it gives them a legit excuse to wish misfortune upon the bully and his family is just wrong.
Wishing is free. I don't want bullies to suffer forever, for instance, just until they die. That's in no way the same thing as me saying, "I'm going to track him down and carve his liver out."

I really don't get this consequence-free thing you're promoting. I believe in forgiveness, but it's a thing that needs to be earned. Unbelievable stories and hiding from the firestorm you've started are not signs of an attempt to atone.
Fair enough. I guess the bold part makes people infer that I'm promoting a turn-the-other-cheek thing, but it wasn't my intention. What I really meant by "misfortune" things like: cancer i.e. endless suffering, and even death threats. It's a bit extreme. It's an impulsive & immature response IMO, and these kind of reactions on social media are anything but constructive.
I personally want anyone who bullies others to be held accountable and face consequences.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-22 22:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
That's in no way the same thing as me saying, "I'm going to track him down and carve his liver out."

You should try it. I hear it goes well with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-22 23:06:18
Link | Citer | R

It's just a vidya gaem. I don't see what the big deal is.
If you think cheating takes the fun out of a game, then don't cheat.
If you think cheating in a video game is fun, then cheat.
Nobody cares about your epeen gaemr trophies. The people who do care about those things should probably rethink their life priorities. Or don't, no one cares.
No one should be banned for cheating in a game that offers no actual rewards (money, prizes). "Bragging rights" are not an award worth banning over. If you banned this kid over bragging rights trophies that actually award no money/prizes he loses downloaded content that actually cost money, this is not a just penalty.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-22 23:12:17
Link | Citer | R

I completely disagree. Cheating in single player games is fine, but if if you're playing an online game and cheating, and what you're doing is affecting other players in ANY way (not running faster than them to get across town, that's nothing), then you should be banned.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-22 23:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
I completely disagree. Cheating in single player games is fine, but if if you're playing an online game and cheating, and what you're doing is affecting other players in ANY way (not running faster than them to get across town, that's nothing), then you should be banned.

Unless it's botting a time spawnned NM
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Deal with it.
By Buzzwords 2015-02-22 23:18:44
Link | Citer | R

the problem with "it's just a game" in the context of... anything multi player, is that it's NOT just a game. it's other human beings.

trying to justify shitty behavior with "it's just a game" is sort of implying the other players are just npcs.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-22 23:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Did he bot time spawned NMs or vendors with limited items?
If not then who cares.
By Buzzwords 2015-02-22 23:29:19
Link | Citer | R

really i'm taking issue with kermit more-so than the kid accepting a shortcut.

it's sort of like the argument "your freedoms end where my freedoms begin"

harming another player in a game is a *** move.

quick hypothetical... 2 people are playing chess. a third person walks up, flips the board, and when confronted says "luz it's just a game. umadbro?" is it now okay because chess, after all, IS just a game? or is it still a *** move?

it's a matter of principles, respect, so on, etc.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-22 23:32:29
Link | Citer | R

I should have mentioned PvP cheats.
If someone beats you in PvP by cheating, take it as a compliment, because it means they think you were so awesome and skilled that the only way they could beat you is by cheating.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-22 23:43:20
Link | Citer | R

lol no
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-02-22 23:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
If someone beats you in PvP by cheating, take it as a compliment, because it means they think you were so awesome and skilled that the only way they could beat you is by cheating.

Yes, Luke 6:31 clearly states "screw unto others, as you would have them screw unto you..." No? :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-23 00:11:26
Link | Citer | R

"It's just a video game". It's not about that. It's about an adult bullying a kid. Would you like it if a random adult walked up to your kid brother and said: "hey, give me this toy you're holding, I'm gonna show you an awesome trick", then proceeded to break it and laughed at the kid?
And cheating gives you an unfair advantage in a multiplayer game. That's definitely worth a ban.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-23 00:21:42
Link | Citer | R

I also find it amazing that people who read, and believe in the teachings of the bible, are so adamantly preaching "Lying cheating, and stealing is ok" despite being immoral, dishonest, and a sin.

More so that it's ok to "lie, cheat, and steal"| under X, Y, or Z" circumstance, because of reasons "A, B, or C"
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-23 00:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
I also find it amazing that people who read, and believe in the teachings of the bible, are so adamantly preaching "Lying cheating, and stealing is ok" despite being immoral, dishonest, and a sin.

More so that it's ok to "lie, cheat, and steal"| under X, Y, or Z" circumstance, because of reasons "A, B, or C"

Careful now. We don't want to go full-blown P&R in here.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-23 02:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Yes, Luke 6:31 clearly states "screw unto others, as you would have them screw unto you..." No? :p
It's a video game, the point is to have fun and not to take it seriously. Not letting anger into your heart is key here. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Why suffer? Why not just take it in stride and have fun?

Edit: where did I say "screw unto others, as you would have them screw unto you" ?
Did you even read my post?
By Artemicion 2015-02-23 02:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Just got around to reading this thread. That's pretty shitty; I too remember being a naive kid and being willing to accept and trust others all for the sake of having fun. None the wiser to the fact that people can and will be malicious *** :/

Hope Kermit gets the ***he deserves.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-23 02:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-23 02:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Nothing I posted here defends Kermit, so go ahead and say I did, LOL. I've been defending video game cheats (the thing the kid is accused of). I'm on the kids side in this. Video game cheats/exploits are part of video gaming since day one and are not immoral...
By Artemicion 2015-02-23 02:37:55
Link | Citer | R

It's an interesting situations we got ourselves in with the inclusion of such a young generation open to features and technology we lived without. I mean sure, I grew up on video games, but it was never online, never streamed or shared or otherwise inclusive of others other than those that were with you to plug in an extra controller.

I can't say I'd recommend for someone that young to jump into online play for any game without knowing the general nature of online interactions and the repercussions and consequences that come with it. Hopefully his parents jumped on this opportunity to help future damage control and mold his level of understanding and expectations with online interaction.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2015-02-23 14:21:38
Link | Citer | R

wait, why was an 11 year old playing a M-Rated game?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-23 14:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Gib said: »

As quoted quite a number of times on this thread, Destiny is rated T and not M. As for the discussion on an 11-year old boy playing this game without an adult around, I already voiced my opinion back on pages 2 and 3 of this thread =D
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2015-02-23 14:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

As quoted quite a number of times on this thread, Destiny is rated T and not M. As for the discussion on an 11-year old boy playing this game without an adult around, I already voiced my opinion back on pages 2 and 3 of this thread =D
huh, I coulda swore it was M... thats odd /shrug

and as bad as it sounds, I say chalk this up to "Valuable Life lesson learned" best he learn while it's something like a video game before he starts doing with important stuff
By Jetackuu 2015-02-23 14:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

huh, I coulda swore it was M... thats odd /shrug

and as bad as it sounds, I say chalk this up to "Valuable Life lesson learned" best he learn while it's something like a video game before he starts doing with important stuff
Maybe a kid shouldn't be online without adult supervision, as the ESRB also states that online interactions aren't rated.

But agreed, people can suck, he may as well learn it now
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-23 19:47:01
Link | Citer | R

It's a video game
If it was a run of Super Mario Bros., I might agree. If it was a game of Bejeweled, I might agree.

We're talking about willfully and maliciously destroying dozens or possibly hundreds of hours of someone's time and effort for no defensible reason. I may as well walk up to a Matisse painting and light it on fire. It's only canvas and pigment, after all, a pretty thing to look at before getting on with more important things like curing cancer and colonizing Mars and everything else you'll never do.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7