Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 175 176 177
 Siren.Itachi
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2019-10-31 07:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Yea, this seems like a small bandaid on a really big flesh wound. I guess I got my hopes up and was expecting mnk/drg update treatment
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-31 07:54:32
Link | Citer | R

I like to think they might try to make bst pets level much higher to compete. Maybe the new jugs might inflict some status ailments that could make bst wanted/needed for endgame support?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-31 08:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I don't want to o look a gift horse in the mouth, but when they talk about adjustments, and what we get are not really adjustments, it feels like a bait and switch.

Then again, getting amnesia is pretty cool, and new pets can likely mean a power boost...

So if I'm hopeful, I'll hope for follow up adjustments in 6 months
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-10-31 08:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Hmm no changes just some pets.

It doesmt matter how much extra damage these new pets do. BST will still be one of the more flawed and clunky jobs overall.
BST needed some changes to job abilities and pet usability fixes.

Hopefully these new pets include some that are pure utility.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-01 11:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Hmm no changes just some pets.

It doesmt matter how much extra damage these new pets do. BST will still be one of the more flawed and clunky jobs overall.
BST needed some changes to job abilities and pet usability fixes.

Hopefully these new pets include some that are pure utility.

Yeah it’s disappointing. However if they add a pet that can tank like a puppet, a pet which has unique or top tier debuffs and a pet with a sharp increase in damage on high level content compared to current options.. still all to play for depending on how they implement these new pets
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-01 11:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Yeah it’s disappointing. However if they add a pet that can tank like a puppet, a pet which has unique or top tier debuffs and a pet with a sharp increase in damage on high level content compared to current options.. still all to play for depending on how they implement these new pets

Beastmaster has several pets which are excellent tanks. 'Tanking as well as puppet' isn't about surviving alot of abuse.

It has always been enmity management. This is exactly why I've suggested 2 things which would help in this regards.

1. Make it so that self-buffing ready moves generate enmity for pet
(Currently they generate none at all; zealous snort, bubble curtain, scissor guard, secretion, rhino guard, etc)

2. Let Pet Enmity+ gear modify enmity when snarl is used.
ie: if wearing full pet enmity + gear, 170% of master's enmity is give to pet instead of 100% of Master's enmity.

A Beastmaster would be able to tank Crowds of mobs where a puppet cannot. It has everything to do w/ generating AoE enmity.

Bst can actually already do an ok job tanking. Bst/blu where master uses blue magic to build AoE enmity, then shed it to the pet. However, keeping enmity off dd's is alot of work. unless they are all pet jobs anyway.
By Mavrickx 2019-11-02 01:51:01
Link | Citer | R

They would need to give us some truly game breaking pets with there signature abilities if this is the route they are taking.

I'm talking (HNM) Scorpions, Dhalmels, Sea Monks, Wivres, Morbols, Sandworm, Behemoth tier pets here...

But even when they gave us HNM Adamantoise they nerfed him to oblivion and made him impossible to obtain, so don't expect too much.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-02 14:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »

Beastmaster has several pets which are excellent tanks. 'Tanking as well as puppet' isn't about surviving alot of abuse.

It has always been enmity management. This is exactly why I've suggested 2 things which would help in this regards.

1. Make it so that self-buffing ready moves generate enmity for pet
(Currently they generate none at all; zealous snort, bubble curtain, scissor guard, secretion, rhino guard, etc)

2. Let Pet Enmity+ gear modify enmity when snarl is used.
ie: if wearing full pet enmity + gear, 170% of master's enmity is give to pet instead of 100% of Master's enmity.

A Beastmaster would be able to tank Crowds of mobs where a puppet cannot. It has everything to do w/ generating AoE enmity.

Bst can actually already do an ok job tanking. Bst/blu where master uses blue magic to build AoE enmity, then shed it to the pet. However, keeping enmity off dd's is alot of work. unless they are all pet jobs anyway.

Yes I agree - I didnt mention damage reduction. Tank like a puppet = the combination of holding hate and taking a beating. A snarl fix would be a method but it's risky having to generate master hate to achieve pet hate. Adding certain ready moves that generate alot of hate would bring bst tanking to pup level, AoE enmity without master aoe > snarl would be a great addition.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-11-02 14:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Puppets have way more regen then jug pets as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-02 16:02:01
Link | Citer | R

Puppets have way more regen then jug pets as well.

sure, but mosquito and rabbit can self heal... on command.

and bst can drop 4k+ cures to the pets.
and bst pets have greater hp pools for the most part.
Bst's lowest hp pets for ilvl 119 is aroud 3.5k while our highest are over 6k.

so our lowest is comparable w/ pup's highest for hp pool.

the lower regen amounts are really not an issue for bst pet tanking. Its only enmity.

btw, crab pet when stacking defensive buffs take 0 damage.

Scissor guard, bubble curtain, pet dt set, and metallic body.... and bubble shower for aoe claiming.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-02 17:42:51
Link | Citer | R

While that's true, it really would be nice to get some more regen from reward, going from 80+ before repair kicking in or any gear idle just by having a light maneuver up, to just a max of 30 with merits with use of reward takes a bit of getting used to, maybe make the regen/tic being tied to reward potency/mnd modifier, just one of those many little things bst will be unlikely to get.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-11-03 11:40:15
Link | Citer | R

Mavrickx said: »
They would need to give us some truly game breaking pets with there signature abilities if this is the route they are taking.

I'm talking (HNM) Scorpions, Dhalmels, Sea Monks, Wivres, Morbols, Sandworm, Behemoth tier pets here...

But even when they gave us HNM Adamantoise they nerfed him to oblivion and made him impossible to obtain, so don't expect too much.

Good choices. On the topic of pets to be added to the game. I would like to have pet jug WKRs. Craftable with their body parts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-03 12:09:05
Link | Citer | R

cuddlyhamster said: »
Good choices. On the topic of pets to be added to the game. I would like to have pet jug WKRs. Craftable with their body parts.

Last I checked the job wasn't Necromancer..

Quote:
While that's true, it really would be nice to get some more regen from reward, going from 80+ before repair kicking in or any gear idle just by having a light maneuver up, to just a max of 30 with merits with use of reward takes a bit of getting used to, maybe make the regen/tic being tied to reward potency/mnd modifier, just one of those many little things bst will be unlikely to get.

why make it the same as pup? then just play pup.
I would prefer that bst tanking has its own style. which it currently does.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-11-03 12:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Just give us at least
Super Generous Arthur
Corossive ooze- now reduces Atk/Def by 42%
Super Fluffy Bredo
Pestilent Plume- now reduces MATK/MDB by 35
Super Warlike Patrick
Infrasonics- now reduces EVA/MEVA by 100
Super Ponderous Peter
Dustcloud now reduces ACC/MACC by 100

There now people can shout for BST as well when they are looking to fill the GEO slot.
By Nariont 2019-11-03 12:26:09
Link | Citer | R

not looking to make it the same as pup, just would like more regen on a pet that often time has twice the hp pool as a puppet and cant be as easily recalled/takes more dmg as a puppet does normally, that's all really.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-11-03 12:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
not looking to make it the same as pup, just would like more regen on a pet that often time has twice the hp pool as a puppet and cant be as easily recalled/takes more dmg as a puppet does normally, that's all really.

BST will never tank well as PUP.

PUP can deploy their pet then run off to safety. Completely out ranging Boss.

BST has to continuously run right in front of a dangerous Boss to issue commands to pet.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-03 12:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Just give us at least
Super Generous Arthur
Corossive ooze- now reduces Atk/Def by 42%
Super Fluffy Bredo
Pestilent Plume- now reduces MATK/MDB by 35
Super Warlike Patrick
Infrasonics- now reduces EVA/MEVA by 100
Super Ponderous Peter
Dustcloud now reduces ACC/MACC by 100

There now people can shout for BST as well when they are looking to fill the geo slot.
Or just revert Infrasonics back to it's percent based debuff that was a *** to test but really awesome... and follow suit with the others. For reference infrasonics was -25% evasion...

Nariont said: »

BST will never tank well as PUP.

PUP can deploy their pet then run off to safety. Completely out ranging boss.

BST has to continuously run right in front of a dangerous Boss to issue commands to Pet.
As is no it wont. But it in fact used to be. Your major gripe about why didn't exist for the first like 15 years of this game... in fact go back far enough in this thread and pretty sure there are 3 man bst onry Plouton runs with crab tanking because capped pet mdt is OP. Combined with much higher hp and significantly better healing Ja and the fact that pup didn't have as good of regen back then and yeah they were more survivable. Main problem really was hate... which was also an issue for pup back then.

Really just revert the idiotic distance thing (which would still require them to get closer than pup but can be done relatively safely) and give them a way to maintain hate for the ones that aren't good DDs and could be competitive
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-04 14:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Beastmaster pets are already super-tanky once you stack the pet -DT, I've tanked Omen bosses and Dyna-D pulls on my BST without issue. If we got some kind of enmity bonus on self-buffs for the pet that would make us a powerful tank. Beazt used his crab to grab adds on Kirin/Kouryou and it worked beautifully, could legitimately tank multiple mobs if the pet could actually generate hate. You'd need to revert the distance thing to make it workable, of course.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-04 14:58:50
Link | Citer | R

If they give BST a giant dragon pet. I might go from 0% interest to 20.3434%.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2019-11-04 15:29:39
Link | Citer | R

The only way to make Beastmaster better is if they allow you to summon a call pet from a jug in your mog garden and through time loving it and caring for it, you are allowed to have it evolve from a Blackbeard Randy to an Arcanine and take it into battle with you and have it grow stronger with each fight!
[+]
By Mavrickx 2019-11-04 18:36:33
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
If they give BST a giant dragon pet. I might go from 0% interest to 20.3434%.

DRGs would never allow that... there would be soooooo much Q.Q
By Nariont 2019-11-08 05:49:24
Link | Citer | R

So the new pets are the lucani and the melon recolor mandragora. Yay?
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-11-08 08:12:20
Link | Citer | R

I expected more jugs at the very least. Majorly disappointed given the amount of love given to other jobs in past job updates. Waiting for November digest thread to appear since they pay attention to that.

I didn't fight Citrullus in Vol. 2 so I don't know if it has any unique TP moves but that jug better have some NM moves. Petalback Spin, Petal Pirouette and AoE Phaeosynthesis would be the dream.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-11-08 08:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
I expected more jugs at the very least. Majorly disappointed given the amount of love given to other jobs in past job updates. Waiting for November digest thread to appear since they pay attention to that.

I didn't fight Citrullus in Vol. 2 so I don't know if it has any unique TP moves but that jug better have some NM moves. Petalback Spin, Petal Pirouette and AoE Phaeosynthesis would be the dream.
Yeah, you're dreaming.
By Nariont 2019-11-08 09:06:34
Link | Citer | R

They could pull some decent ready moves out of the air for mandy since i think only ambu had them as a mob type, but i dont expect much there
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-08 09:26:42
Link | Citer | R

eh? Where is this idea of a watermelon mandy pet coming from?
Was something actually published? or is someone just making things up?

sounds like something an imagination that cannot distinguish fantasy and reality would latch on to.

looks like it was published...

hmm only 2 pets? I hope for more.

If we actually get Dream Flower that would be nice. at least makes up a bit for nerfing soporofic due to lower level of flytrap familiar.

However its frustrating getting your own shirt back wrapped up like its a present.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-08 09:57:13
Link | Citer | R

In the worst case, expect another frog pet as far as usefulness goes
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-11-08 10:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Even if Citrullus wasn't confirmed, that response sounds so over the top lol.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-08 12:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Maybe the pets will be higher level than the rest of them? Or much higher attack or something?
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-11-08 12:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Will be fun to try out, I went looking on JP wiki and watching vol 2 videos out of curiosity if he had a unique TP move and didn't see one.

Just saw Wild Oats, Photosynthesis, Scream but terror instead of MND Down, and Fatal Scream. Dreaming for uniqueness but braced for a 119 Sharpwit Hermes lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 175 176 177