Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 176 177 178
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-25 13:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Which is more likely, ...

pet buffing axes are more likely than fencer and dual wield on same job. No contest.

I play both SMN and BST and it's not uncommon to hit big bursts on Kei, or Zerde, 80k-max damage. I've hit some decent bursts on Bredo or Arthur for 40-50k in Dyna but SMN can do more, and we don't even have the Ready frequency advantage there like we do for physical because those are 2-3 charges

I see. I think bst can already burst up as high as summoner, but perhaps there are fewer opportunities to do so. The recast time for 3 charges is slower, but really that only applies with Corrosive Ooze and Napenthic plunge. Both of which will be out-damaged for water element by bredo.

2 Charges is still equal/slightly better than bloodpact recast.

80k bursts at same pace as a summoner is already possible with bredo. The summoners doing this are getting geo-malaise, puppet roll and probably also Gambit. If you did the same with water or darkness with bredo.. you'll likely hit 99k damage.
I can't really agree that summoners are doing more magic damage than bst. though its perhaps easier to execute them. Summoner can stand out of range AND Avatar magical bloodpacts can all be cast with pet at range also iirc.

so I'm more interested in varied elements. We are very lacking with wind (because molting plumage doesn't scale damage, and ice and light are lacking also.)

Just the amnesia alone, if it's unresistable like Mewing Lullaby, would be tremendous.

I totally agree, however I also think a Lucani has more going for it if we get all 3 abilities an they are not watered down.

Lucani would be better setup as an Eva tank pet than Threestar Lynn. Seems like the difference between CraftyClyvonne and BloodclawShasra really.
If the accuracy down is still -50 from Disembowl instead of -20 from Spiral Spin, that's VERY good.
Combined with Amnesia and reliable stun... you have a nice eva tank. I would only hope for better skillchain properties as well.
Stun + Amnesia would be like a bluemage shutting down all the casting & tp moves from an enemy. very cool.
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-25 14:32:10
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather lose Fencer and gain Dual Wield. We could sub WAR then for multihit/Berserk/Aggressor, or whatever. If we are going to keep Fencer then BST should be on more DD shields. Add BST to Blurred +1, for instance.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I see. I think bst can already burst up as high as summoner, but perhaps there are fewer opportunities to do so. The recast time for 3 charges is slower, but really that only applies with Corrosive Ooze and Napenthic plunge. Both of which will be out-damaged for water element by bredo.

2 Charges is still equal/slightly better than bloodpact recast.

80k bursts at same pace as a summoner is already possible with bredo. The summoners doing this are getting geo-malaise, puppet roll and probably also Gambit. If you did the same with water or darkness with bredo.. you'll likely hit 99k damage.
I can't really agree that summoners are doing more magic damage than bst. though its perhaps easier to execute them. Summoner can stand out of range AND Avatar magical bloodpacts can all be cast with pet at range also iirc.

so I'm more interested in varied elements. We are very lacking with wind (because molting plumage doesn't scale damage, and ice and light are lacking also.)

Varied elements are definitely more important. I'd have to test SMN vs BST nukes (much of it seems to boil down to SMN getting better buffs/debuffs) but I still feel like our nukes aren't doing enough.

Speaking of nukes, I'd love a hecteyes pet with Impact, or just hecteyes in general. It's a monster, after all, right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-25 15:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of nukes, I'd love a hecteyes pet with Impact, or just hecteyes in general. It's a monster, after all, right?

:D
That would be fantastic.

Looking at the picture again showing the Lucani pet... It was kinda dark so hard to tell, but definitely Lucani w/ that abdomen. also definetely pet because picture is in Sarutabaruta.

... I don't think there are any lucani/ladybugs in saruta S.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-10-25 15:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Everyone figures buffs, when you know it's gonna be
"Matsui here! You must now be closer to the pets to take action and also Dawn Mulsums only work for PUP. Please look forward to it."

At least I'll go into it thinking that, so anything seems better
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-25 15:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Is Bst forum the only one that gets trolls for announced updates?

:P
By Nariont 2019-10-25 15:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Nah, mnks get it too, they just got some actual love this round. So since jug pets are all bst will likely get, what ones would you say would help the most?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-10-25 15:52:40
Link | Citer | R

Is Bst forum the only one that gets trolls for announced updates?

:P

Nah, BST also gets trolled with the actual updates... like the distance one. :(
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-10-25 16:24:14
Link | Citer | R

I disagree that BST nukes as hard as SMN when they only have a competitive water element nuke (and darkness too but at a longer recharge.)

Anything that resists water/dark or when the skillchain is not water/darkness BST loses hard. That’s also ignoring how limited and susceptible to disabling effects BST pets are. Compared to SMN who has disposable avatars and the ability to switch nuke element.

Nariont said: »
Nah, mnks get it too, they just got some actual love this round. So since jug pets are all bst will likely get, what ones would you say would help the most?

PUP is the best tank of three pet jobs. Smn has a variety of support buffs, high burst damage and get invites to new content for their unique tp reset ability.

They should make BST the king of debuffs.
Add a new pet that has Idris equilvent potency Fraility and Malaise abilities.

Thats how i personally fix the issue of BST having no competitive place in endgame.
Because If SE only give BST a damage buff they still just end up being a worse WAR or a Worse SMN.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-10-25 16:47:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm calling it now.

The BST update will now be as follows:

Removing Feral Howl and Killer Instinct merits. They will now be traits and native ability.

Adding instead "Charm success rate +" and "Tame success rate +".
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-10-25 20:42:44
Link | Citer | R

Please, for the love of baby Christ, give us charmer merlins -5 sec so we don't have to swap weapons.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-10-25 21:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Please, for the love of baby Christ, give us charmer merlins -5 sec so we don't have to swap weapons.

They won't, just because you asked for in.

The BST hate aura is too strong in Asura.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-10-25 21:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
I've been pushing this for awhile though weren't used as such by most. Because well they kind of used to be. They have the unique 10% hp curse thing, had the strongest def down, had the strongest atk down, pretty much only one with mdb down outside of melee blm lol, and had the best evasion down. Think they had the best paralyze proc rate though wasn't really quantified. Strongest slows. but now for most those either they haven't mattered much, geo has taken over, they started getting resisted more or in the case of evasion flat out nerfed.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-10-25 22:10:21
Link | Citer | R

This is where we find out monstrosity has been a 4 year beta test for our new ability, become beast!

Shiva.Malthar said: »

I'm calling it now.

The BST update will now be as follows:

Removing Feral Howl and Killer Instinct merits. They will now be traits and native ability.

Adding instead "Charm success rate +" and "Tame success rate +".

Or this :/
 Ragnarok.Aqo
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Aqo 2019-10-25 22:55:01
Link | Citer | R

They may add a reversed Spirit Bond (Beast Bond?), the pet will take some damage on behalf of the master. Reward potency/regen/cap increased while under the effect.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-25 23:01:30
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
I've been pushing this for awhile though weren't used as such by most. Because well they kind of used to be. They have the unique 10% hp curse thing, had the strongest def down, had the strongest atk down, pretty much only one with mdb down outside of melee blm lol, and had the best evasion down. Think they had the best paralyze proc rate though wasn't really quantified. Strongest slows. but now for most those either they haven't mattered much, geo has taken over, they started getting resisted more or in the case of evasion flat out nerfed.
The pic for the update has a Lucani(?), maybe amnesia aura or something?
By Draylo 2019-10-26 01:40:00
Link | Citer | R

:))
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-10-26 01:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

Don't you dare Draylo!!! lol
[+]
By Unzero 2019-10-26 02:06:08
Link | Citer | R

I disagree that BST nukes as hard as SMN when they only have a competitive water element nuke (and darkness too but at a longer recharge.)

Anything that resists water/dark or when the skillchain is not water/darkness BST loses hard. That’s also ignoring how limited and susceptible to disabling effects BST pets are. Compared to SMN who has disposable avatars and the ability to switch nuke element.

PUP is the best tank of three pet jobs. Smn has a variety of support buffs, high burst damage and get invites to new content for their unique tp reset ability.

Thats how i personally fix the issue of BST having no competitive place in endgame.
Because If SE only give BST a damage buff they still just end up being a worse WAR or a Worse SMN.

If they made BST debuffs unique instead of not working with other sources of Defense Down, etc... it'd be pretty righteous. I always liked the BST job, but everything it has access to is done better by someone else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-26 09:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Wonder what other pets they will add.

I would expect them to add at least 3.
I can't recall SE ever adding only 1 pet at a time.
I've often seen 5~8 iirc since abyssea and level cap increase.

However, I don't see them adding a TON of new pets without raising the cap and making some under leveled... which would be sad.

thinking along those lines, if they messed with bst merits... removing the pet level cap and changing the beast affinity merit to something else would be nice, but it doesn't really match the pattern. And I think there would be too many complications. I dont' see them going that way.
Also changing merits has only been happening with jobs which learn spells from Merits.
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-10-26 10:23:16
Link | Citer | R

However, I don't see them adding a TON of new pets without raising the cap and making some under leveled... which would be sad.

thinking along those lines, if they messed with bst merits... removing the pet level cap and changing the beast affinity merit to something else would be nice, but it doesn't really match the pattern. And I think there would be too many complications. I dont' see them going that way.
Also changing merits has only been happening with jobs which learn spells from Merits.

You took the words out of my mouth, about BST Affinity. They could uncap 99 jug pets and just make the pet match your iLvL axe (or total ILevel calculation) at the time of call-beast/beastial loyalty. I'd be OK with that, if the replacement for Beast Affinity was REALLY good.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-26 12:36:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't think beastmaster has no competitive place in endgame (it's good in Dyna and Omen, then again so are PUP and SMN) but I agree that it occupies kind of a weird space.

Vs. PUP, BST can do more damage over a short time with Familiar/Unleash/AM3, but PUP can do more total damage and from a safe distance with Overdrive. BST pets are tanky but PUP pets are tankier, and the auto can generate consistent aggro, plus it has better sustain. Puppetmaster might be a better overall pet DD since it scales so well with Companion's Roll, and it's had so many buffs over the past few years, but most often the auto will be set to tank so it's not competitive in dps. Beastmaster can cleave and do self-SCs on demand, which is super-useful for certain fights where you'd normally use scholar. Master vs master is hard to say. Axes are a well-balanced weapon type but hand-to-hand is probably better damage.

Vs. SMN, SMN can do more damage over a short time with Astral Flow/Astral Conduit/AM3, but BST can do better sustained damage over non-zerg fights since it has higher pet attack/lower recast timer. SMN pets aren't tanky but they are expendable. Both jobs can cleave, BST does it better but they are both good there. SMN is a better magical DD, can cover all elements including light/dark, and has some decent buffs. It also gets Impact, which is nice. SMN as a master is basically nothing, lol.

I hate to get my hopes up but with some relatively minor changes this month's update catapulted MNK to the top of the DPS hierarchy, and DRG to the top-tier. I'd be happy for beastmaster getting a clearly-defined endgame role.
By clearlyamule 2019-10-26 13:02:39
Link | Citer | R

nerf blu
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-26 13:23:54
Link | Citer | R

nerf blu

They have. That's the funniest part. BLU has been left off of most melee gear until the Malignance stuff. It's not as dire as beastmaster post-range nerf but blue mage lacks a clear niche too. It's just... ok.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-10-26 13:57:24
Link | Citer | R

I agree that we'll see at least 3 new additions, with some HQ forms if they're synthesized/synergized.

Abyssea + Level 99 Era:
June 21st 2010: Couerl, Funguar, Sheep, Rabbit, Ladybug, Mandragora
September 8th 2010: Leech, Fly, Lizard, Flytrap
December 6th 2010: Lynx, Raptor, Eft
September 20th 2011: Tiger, Slug
December 14th 2011: Adamantoise, Apkallu, Toad, Hippogryph
July 24th 2012: Fish

Adoulin + Item Level 119 Era:
July 9th 2013: Rabbit, Chapuli, Crab (Sunburst Malfik + Herald Henry)
December 10th 2013: Toad, Raaz, Korrigan, Tulfaire
June 13th 2014: Rabbit HQ, Crab HQ, Chapuli HQ, Tulfaire HQ, Raaz HQ
September 5th 2014: Lizard, Sheep, Fish, Funguar, Beetle, Slug
November 7th 2014: Snapweed (+HQ), Tiger, Ladybug, Fly
February 17th 2015: Colibri (+HQ), Acuex (+HQ), Spider (+HQ)
June 25th 2015: Apkallu (+HQ), Mosquito (+HQ), Eft, Raptor, Diremite, Antlion

Even though Uragnites, Slimes, Sea Monks & Twitherym/Fluturini are charmable, we never got representation from those families in Jug Pet form.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-26 14:13:34
Link | Citer | R

nerf blu
Nerf Draylo :P

ha~!
Uragnite would be such a sweet tank. but they would probably take away the whole hiding in shell thing.

better would be to have ready moves that put it in shell or out of shell afterwords. like some of the nm's did.

Twitherym would be really fun for enfeebling.
Blackout is so annoying that I wouldn't farm apex twitherym, but I would love to use it on enemies :D

... although comparing Twitherym and Fluturini... I think I'd rather have the Fluturini
Dispel and tp reset on same pet would be pretty coo.

... but i still want the lower level pets back up to snuff. level 119 Sabotender would be so much fun~!
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-10-26 15:00:41
Link | Citer | R

nerf blu
Nerf Draylo :P

ha~!
Uragnite would be such a sweet tank. but they would probably take away the whole hiding in shell thing.

better would be to have ready moves that put it in shell or out of shell afterwords. like some of the nm's did.

Twitherym would be really fun for enfeebling.
Blackout is so annoying that I wouldn't farm apex twitherym, but I would love to use it on enemies :D

... although comparing Twitherym and Fluturini... I think I'd rather have the Fluturini
Dispel and tp reset on same pet would be pretty coo.

... but i still want the lower level pets back up to snuff. level 119 Sabotender would be so much fun~!

What would really help is if we called a pet with beastial loyalty and left the pet with full hp, then beastial loyalty would be reset.

We would be able to use this to call multiple enfeebling pets without worrying about wasting jugs.
By gregchiro2013 2019-10-26 15:35:12
Link | Citer | R

Bst will get ability to have two jug pets up at the same time :)
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-10-26 15:57:06
Link | Citer | R

They could tie Uragnite's hiding in shell to Stay command. It would be nice to see more dynamic pets than just carbon copies of regular mobs. Would love to see more jug pets who's self buffs were AoE for party.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-10-26 17:25:42
Link | Citer | R

My cynical projections: BST will get some kind of DT trait related to distance from pet and some kind of WS damage boost related to distance from the pet (BST is a front line job guys trolololol).

What I want: The above plus a couple new/unique pets, the distance nerf reverted and some sort of ability similar to pups that consumes a jug to call a pet with low hp.
By clearlyamule 2019-10-26 17:58:30
Link | Citer | R

I want an ilvl genbu. pre ilvl we had quite the bestiary and they've failed to ilvl a bunch of them but given us 3 versions of some others
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 176 177 178