Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68
 Asura.Sirris
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
Posts: 258
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-08 13:35:02
Link | Citer | R
 
Unless you take Vocane it's a really nice master DT piece. Other option would be Moonlight or Defending (Dark Rings too but -HP on those)? I'd personally find value in a set like this:

ItemSet 367613

Giving up some pet DT in exchange for nearly capping master.
 Bismarck.Relna
Offline
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: shamgi
By Bismarck.Relna 2019-07-11 11:51:40
Link | Citer | R
 
Ok, so I'm kind of unclear on something.

Just how much value does Pet MAcc have for the magical ready moves?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-11 15:56:33
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Relna said: »
Ok, so I'm kind of unclear on something.

Just how much value does Pet MAcc have for the magical ready moves?

Pet Macc is most useful for the debuffs from pet ready moves.
My favorite 3 for this are:
GenerousArthur, Fluffybredo, and Left-handedYoko

Corrosive ooze gives -33% attack and def down
Purulent Ooze gives bio2 and -10% Max HP down
Pestilent Plume gives -25 MDB
Infected Leech gives plague
Gloom Spray also does dispel

Soporific on PrestoJulio is sleepga

I was able to successfully sleepga and solo most scnm's on Difficult or Very Difficult using presto julio because of my top tier Pet Macc set. This is despite the fact that Julio is and under leveled pet.

I did test this on the taru taru triplets on Tenzen Fight also on VD, but it was somewhat challenging to get it to stick very long. Without a resist, the sleep can last for 4.5 min. which is quite excellent.

Magic Accuracy buffs help make sure the magic damage is not resisted, and the additional effects land successfully. It is exactly like any other Enfeebling skill and magic accuracy for master.

Perhaps you are using Tali'ah set and disappointed that the magic damage is NOT increasing at all?

Magic accuracy will NOT increase magic damage at all. It will only PREVENT the loss of magic damage, thru partial resists from the enemy.

If you want to do good magic damage on bst, then you build a full Pet Magic Attack Bonus Set. then mix these pieces with Tali'ah +2 pieces for higher tier magic accuracy. I only swap to them when I notice my pet magic damage getting resisted.

The best gear for pet magic attack bonus is on the main page.

you need a good pet Mab set to do really good pet magic damage.

The really good bursts will come when using bredo, because he can also reduce the enemies' magic defense. Though technically if and idris geo puts malaise up, then corrosive ooze can burst higher. (though recast is longer).

without Puppets roll, i was able to burst bredo 65k ~75k damage on apex crabs or jagils, or bats. We did have geo-malaise, but I wasn't getting puppet's roll. (I also don't have udug jacket yet ;.;) so the potential damage is quite high.

Solo, with trusts, I have gotten 50k bursts from bredo. this is with mdb down 25 and only a 2 step darkness skillchain. without a burst, I don't remember the damage... I can do 20k AoE with corrosive ooze in reisenjima without a burst. (not vs pixies or toads).
 Shiva.Malthar
Offline
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
Posts: 387
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-12 00:08:39
Link | Citer | R
 
We need more pets. Someone post on the official forums.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-12 05:48:42
Link | Citer | R
 
Shiva.Malthar said: »
We need more pets. Someone post on the official forums.



Already made that post
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Offline
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
Posts: 387
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-12 06:42:54
Link | Citer | R
 
Ping it again, or they'll forget.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-12 13:33:32
Link | Citer | R
 
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Ping it again, or they'll forget.

I pinged it in Japanese also quite awhile ago. if enough players like my ideas, they'll help it get attention by responding and liking the thread.

Hey, I was thrilled that they implemented something I suggested years ago and made it so beastmaster can skillchain with pet. I don't know if it was a result of my post or not, but I did suggest it on official forums long before it was implemented.

I'm not going to be your proxy on the SE forums.
I'm not going to whine and nag and rage at them for not implementing my ideas until I get banned too.

Its their game. They can take my suggestions or leave them. They are not obligated to design the game the way i think it should be made.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Offline
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
Posts: 387
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-12 14:50:34
Link | Citer | R
 
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Ping it again, or they'll forget.

I pinged it in Japanese also quite awhile ago. if enough players like my ideas, they'll help it get attention by responding and liking the thread.

Hey, I was thrilled that they implemented something I suggested years ago and made it so beastmaster can skillchain with pet. I don't know if it was a result of my post or not, but I did suggest it on official forums long before it was implemented.

I'm not going to be your proxy on the SE forums.
I'm not going to whine and nag and rage at them for not implementing my ideas until I get banned too.

Its their game. They can take my suggestions or leave them. They are not obligated to design the game the way i think it should be made.
Yeah, I did get banned for complaining. lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Excalin
Posts: 118
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2019-07-13 15:53:03
Link | Citer | R
 
So Correlation code in the Gearswap lua....what exactly is it doing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-15 10:32:47
Link | Citer | R
 
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
So Correlation code in the Gearswap lua....what exactly is it doing?

Hey Excalin! been a long time!

Correlation mode you toggle when your pet has advantage over the enemy your are fighting. ie. beast vs lizard

It will use Nukumi Cabasset +1 for ready moves instead of your normal headpiece
 Sylph.Excalin
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Excalin
Posts: 17
By Sylph.Excalin 2019-07-18 15:59:11
Link | Citer | R
 
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
So Correlation code in the Gearswap lua....what exactly is it doing?

Hey Excalin! been a long time!

Correlation mode you toggle when your pet has advantage over the enemy your are fighting. ie. beast vs lizard

It will use Nukumi Cabasset +1 for ready moves instead of your normal headpiece

ah ok, I couldn't find any gear the first time I looked...but the code makes more now that I found it.
 Fairy.Trig
Offline
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Trig
Posts: 39
By Fairy.Trig 2019-08-14 12:00:31
Link | Citer | R
 
Gear question. Is there any actual use for Totemic Gloves +3? +10% WSD looks so nice but is there any instance we should use it over Meghanada Gloves +2 with 7% WSD and all that attack? Or with a magical WS?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-15 21:38:39
Link | Citer | R
 
Fairy.Trig said: »
Gear question. Is there any actual use for Totemic Gloves +3? +10% WSD looks so nice but is there any instance we should use it over Meghanada Gloves +2 with 7% WSD and all that attack? Or with a magical WS?

if you have attack capped, its better than Meghanada gloves +2 for Mistral axe and Calamity

Better accuracy also. so use it in high accuracy set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-17 15:41:07
Link | Citer | R
 
FYI another gear update.

Primal Rend / Cloudsplitter

Sacro Breastplate is Best body piece for those.

mab 40 + Magic Damage 60

plus the higher stats for str, chr, and mnd are very nice.
 Asura.Hortalizo
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5
By Asura.Hortalizo 2019-08-19 13:39:15
Link | Citer | R
 
Hello. One question about beast affinity that i dont understand.
In my case, with 5 points in beast affinity job trait marits, all gear ilvl 119, and ankusa gloves + 1, what is the lvl of bouncing bertha?
And for the black tiger?
Sorry for my bad english.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-20 06:04:27
Link | Citer | R
 
Bouncingbertha will be ilvl 119
You only need ankusa gloves and ilvl 119 weapon to guarantee level 119 pet.

Blackbeard Randy is also ilvl 119
You need ankusa gloves, ilvl 119 weapon and 1/5 beast affinity merits to guarantee level 119 pet in this case



there is a table in the guide on page 1 which shows the 'normal' level cap for each pet. (119 for bouncing bertha, and 117 for blackbeard randy)

with Ankusa Gloves and 5/5 Beast Affinity merits, this can go up 15 levels from the 'normal' level cap for the jug.

However, there is currently no way to bring this above ilvl 119.

Also, the ilvl of your pet cannot exceed the ilvl of your mainhand weapon.
 Asura.Hortalizo
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5
By Asura.Hortalizo 2019-08-20 10:34:16
Link | Citer | R
 
Thanks a lot. Now i understand the whole thing. Thank you
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 393
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-20 11:19:25
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Sirris said: »
Unless you take Vocane it's a really nice master DT piece. Other option would be Moonlight or Defending (Dark Rings too but -HP on those)? I'd personally find value in a set like this:

ItemSet 367613

Giving up some pet DT in exchange for nearly capping master.


I'm not very good with BST... isn't this set sitting @ like -59DT (pet) with a cap of 50?
Offline
Posts: 604
By Nariont 2019-08-20 11:53:08
Link | Citer | R
 
pet DT caps at 87.5%
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-20 14:13:55
Link | Citer | R
 
Also, a reminder that the stout servant trait adds another 9% damage reduction to the pet. so its 68% from set listed above

However, its missing Anwig Salade, shepherd's chain and thurandaut ring +1 for an additional 12%... which would cap out at 80% DT as max possible currently on bst.

Capping Physical only is easy with a few adjustments, but capping magical damage reduction is only currently possible in Abyssea or Escha zones with the help of atma/vorseals.
Offline
Posts: 871
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-20 14:38:50
Link | Citer | R
 
Don't forget, pets have SDTs which against certain things, means it takes less DT for them to have capped DT against them. (SDT is multiplicative with DT, total damage reduction is still -87.5%.)

For example, Ibuki/Zhivago have -50% SDT for fire, wind, and slashing damage; so capped with just (lol) -75% for those elements.
So depending on which pet you're using and when, you might have capped or close to capped MDT for w/e relevant element. (Some also have built in MDT like Surging Storm's -25%MDT base.)
 Asura.Sirris
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
Posts: 258
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-20 17:36:27
Link | Citer | R
 
I feel like they are going to cap our DT eventually as they add gear. There's AF3+3 legs coming and we're long past needing a new pet DT neck. What we really need is more pieces like Pangu, with both pet and master DT.
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 898
By Asura.Geriond 2019-08-20 19:41:45
Link | Citer | R
 
"SDT" for mob elements is just a forced 1/2 resist, so they actually "go past" the 87.5% reduction since resists are separate from DT.
 Siren.Itachi
Offline
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 932
By Siren.Itachi 2019-08-21 13:52:25
Link | Citer | R
 
Honest question and I hope I don't open any can of worms. In terms of 1hr SP zerging, can a BiS bst pull the same numbers as a BiS smn? I know it's an open ended question that doesn't take into account if the pet dies due to taking hate or recast timers of call beast but I came back recently to Asura and see almost 0 BSTs nowadays. Maybe it's just the hours I'm playing
Offline
By clearlyamule 2019-08-21 14:50:41
Link | Citer | R
 
FaeQueenCory said: »
Don't forget, pets have SDTs which against certain things, means it takes less DT for them to have capped DT against them. (SDT is multiplicative with DT, total damage reduction is still -87.5%.)

For example, Ibuki/Zhivago have -50% SDT for fire, wind, and slashing damage; so capped with just (lol) -75% for those elements.
So depending on which pet you're using and when, you might have capped or close to capped MDT for w/e relevant element. (Some also have built in MDT like Surging Storm's -25%MDT base.)
Close... but physical SDTs are basically just PDT to a specific type similar in how PDT is basically just DT for physical attacks. As such it adds together with pdt/dt not multiplies. Innate mdt/bdt or shell type buffs similarly add together.

Elemental is just being so resistant to that element that it cuts the damage in half separate from DT or actual resists (can still do all resists tiers and will still cut dmg on things that can't be resisted). It also applies to applicable breath damage.

Also side some niche note but for those considering whether to say use multiple defensive capes there are some (not really known how many given how annoying testing can be) attacks that are not reduced by mdt, pdt, or bdt but will be reduced by DT and elemental sdt if applicable
 Asura.Sirris
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
Posts: 258
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-26 13:28:30
Link | Citer | R
 
Siren.Itachi said: »
Honest question and I hope I don't open any can of worms. In terms of 1hr SP zerging, can a BiS bst pull the same numbers as a BiS smn? I know it's an open ended question that doesn't take into account if the pet dies due to taking hate or recast timers of call beast but I came back recently to Asura and see almost 0 BSTs nowadays. Maybe it's just the hours I'm playing

No. (I play both jobs.)

  • avatar bloodpacts benefit from stat scaling, so they get a big boost in damage from the job point stats increase with Astral Flow, whereas BST Ready moves have minimal stat scaling

  • Volt Strike has fTP transfer across all hits, so mythic AM3 + pet double attack gear is potent with it

  • SMN itemization has a low floor but high ceiling; summoner BPs benefit directly from the +bpdmg stat; BST has a higher floor but lower ceiling with regards to itemization



Astral Flow/Astral Conduit versus Familiar/Unleash, BiS gear, SMN should win every time for the reasons above. Also, AC has perfect synergy with Odyllic Subterfuge so for fights like WoC or Albumen or Schah, where status effects can be a concern, Unleash's extra 30s of duration can end up being a waste. Honestly summoner just has a better design philosophy than beastmaster since 2016ish, gear which scales much better, plus avatars are disposable, and summoner can use blood pacts at range, which makes avoiding mechanics much simpler. SMN and PUP are in a better place than BST, which is why you see tons of people on those jobs- there are like a thousand Nirvanas on Asura, and a ton of puppetmasters. There aren't as many beasts.

However!

Beastmaster does have some advantages and it is still viable for a lot of content:

You can do every Geas Fete boss with BST except maybe WoC and some Reisenjima HELMs.

You can do every Omen boss with beastmasters, including Ou, although for Kei you'll need someone to magic burst off of your Impaction skillchains. For these fights, and in general where you don't use AFAC zerg, beast can often do higher damage over time; Blackbeard Randy has a lot of attack, we have JAs to boost that further, and so damage is extremely consistent, plus we can do almost twice as many Ready moves as summoners can use blood pacts.

In Dynamis, Generous Arthur's max HP -10% works on NMs and is a huge chunk of alliance dps right off the top. Arthur's Corrosive Ooze is a potent defense down effect. Pestilent Plume has an -MDB effect to help with magical damage.

Beast's AoE, especially physical AoE, is among the best, and the sturdiness of the pet makes it that much better.

Beastmaster is still one of the best solo jobs. It takes more skill to solo since the range nerf but we have access to lots of both pet and master DT, good AoE, and every beastmaster's favorite drink...

On the master-focused side, since the addition of Dolichenus/Kaja Axe, beastmaster melee is decent. Decimation is easy to gear for and does extremely consistent damage. Beast lacks good DD job traits but it gets access to some decent damage dealing gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-26 15:24:52
Link | Citer | R
 
Thats a really great comparison and summary Sirris... Though I will disagree slightly with one part:

Asura.Sirris said: »
On the master-focused side, since the addition of Dolichenus/Kaja Axe, beastmaster melee is decent. Decimation is easy to gear for and does extremely consistent damage. Beast lacks good DD job traits but it gets access to some decent damage dealing gear.


Dolichenus is really nice for Melee, but it did not step up the game for me. Just changed the flavor a bit. So that is my Nitpick. Dolichenus is certainly easier to obtain, but master melee could already reach that level. i just think most bst only focus on their pet. (which you should certainly do FIRST)

Then again, i have Aymur (R15 now), Tri-Edge, and Pangu. (Though I will say that Tri-edge is a bit disappointing (Bst, cannot make double light from master) when you already have Pangu, and probably not worthwhile if you have Dolichenus either). Which all these axes are a big difference from anything NON-REMA

I could already hit the damage players see with Dolichenus, using Pangu/Ankusa axe and Fernagu tp bonus offhand. (The offhand is merely so I don't have to wait for 3k tp. it makes a better comparison to Dolichenus which more tp does NOT add more damage to decimation).

Beastmaster is rather attack starved, so ignoring attack and boosting Magic damage (easy when in party w/ corsairs who want to spame leaden salute) is pretty common setup to find.
Honestly, I prefer to focus on Magical Damage when I melee on Bst. Between a pet like Bredo or Arthur, and R15 Primal Rend, you can blast out alot of magical damage.

I would also add the bst's magical aoe is just as impressive as physical. so they are both excellent.

I've been meaning to get a pet party together to practice Apex Cleaving.... need to work out the details though. thinking bst x2, smn x2 (for stunga and some aoe damage or maybe sleepga) cor and geo. (bst and smn need geo more than pup does).
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bitchtits
Posts: 157
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-08-26 19:36:05
Link | Citer | R
 
Not really a pet party, but I did a CP party with a whm, a geo and couple DDs spamming light. I just spammed aoe with my lizard and bursted all over the place hitting like 3-4 bats at a time. It was crazy fun. Did a shitload of damage that way and nobody had to pull.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 783
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-26 22:03:10
Link | Citer | R
 
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Not really a pet party, but I did a CP party with a whm, a geo and couple DDs spamming light. I just spammed aoe with my lizard and bursted all over the place hitting like 3-4 bats at a time. It was crazy fun. Did a shitload of damage that way and nobody had to pull.


thats cool.

My goal is to compete w/ the PLD/dnc and the blu focused party that mows down 20~30 at once.

Also practicing on apex mobs is the right way to get a group ready to do it in dynamis.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68
Log in to post.