Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-29 22:47:37
Link | Citer | R

Upbeat said: »
Shichishito said: »
Ayame has a pet buff, and many beast and beastmaster trusts could have hidden buffs
{Huh?}
ayame unity
can wait to sc with pet
Ayame(UC) is coded to close SC for anyone, thats not a "hidden pet buff"
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2024-01-29 23:08:21
Link | Citer | R

ALL HAIL

BRAVE HERO GLENN
[+]
By Upbeat 2024-01-29 23:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Shichishito said: »
Ayame has a pet buff, and many beast and beastmaster trusts could have hidden buffs
{Huh?}
ayame unity
can wait to sc with pet

Running code to communicate fluently with quote
Critical shows crotch, thank you
How is it not hidden pet buff?
Because it's a skillchain with pet not a enhancement
Can you argue the ability to sc buffs damage in the right circumstance
Sure why not
So can it be argued it is a hidden pet buff
Do all trusts sc with pet irrelevant too deep keep it surface level

Ehh that's what the code pulls to post
By jubes 2024-01-29 23:50:50
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-01-31 11:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Upbeat can only communicate w/ robotic insects and 90%+ fragmented hard disks.

no point arguing.
By Upbeat 2024-01-31 16:18:32
Link | Citer | R

I like what you did there
I don't understand it completely
But I get a feeling of love more than fighting for no reason

Enough about me
Back to latest and greatest beastmaster
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-03 15:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Kaidate worth using at all? I can't make up my mind about it. I know it all adds up but if I have to use a shield, Sacro Bulwark fits in nicely for DT and can make better use of other slots for STP and whatnot. I suppose if I truly wished to cap Killer effect then sure but I feel I start sacrificing other offensive stats to do so and just doesn't seem like a good balance when doing so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-02-03 16:29:17
Link | Citer | R

I have have not used my Kaidate for many years.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-03 17:05:18
Link | Citer | R

yeah I was leaning heavily towards not using it, appreciate the feedback. #stylelock.
By Minaras84 2024-02-06 07:40:20
Link | Citer | R

I use Kaidate every single time i use KI, and i use KI right after a ws, so the tp i lose is pretty irrelevant _to me_
When i solo Qultada DA roll its very effective.
When in group i ask if its ok to them, otherwise i get rid of the shield in my macro
By Minaras84 2024-02-06 07:52:10
Link | Citer | R

terror is the gimmick

when delve deeper and deeper to the hyperspace levels where all is possible and happening right then and there

terror is terror
using howl as a weapon in that fashion
works

if you terrorize something
and it lands
it's done

EDIT/update - for more info:
Feral Howl does not say stun anywhere
if it did you would expect a stun

it notes terror
and says terrorize wears off
leading to believe there is no stun effect involved in feral howl at all

believe terrorize does wear off, a terror enfeeble sticks for the remainder of the fight, even while terrorize does show as wore off

using a weapon skill
facing the mob, as terrorize wears off
has been shown to bolster the ws damage

a curse -hp% has been noticed

terror usually means no control, lost, out of order
which is a weak point to allow bolstered damage

also leads to believe the enemy should deal less damage

the terror lock is the extra
the -def and -atk enfeeble that sticks for the entire fight
+ the bolster WS as soon as terror drops with the multiplier of looking directly face to face(like sam merit)

is the main use

Is this...true?
Like, "leads to believe" means it hasn't been tested right?
Because if it was, and the debuffs would really last until the enemy dies, simply unlocking Feral Howl even with no merits at all, it would make at least some sense.
 Asura.Upyr
Serveur: Asura
user: Upbeat
By Asura.Upyr 2024-02-06 18:39:21
Link | Citer | R

never tried to run numbers
weird thing to test
just noticed while lvling

when terror wears having that work similar to

drg
letting sword damage build and maxing it

200-300 normal swings at first then 300-400 swings
then 550 normal swings after maxing
with 700+ dmg crits

keeping beast pet or dragoon wyvern dmg similar
for more dmg

paying attention to bst pet or wyvern to max pet damage then max the player dmg

with auto attacks

weird
doesn't show, all hidden
no higher numbers no -hp
feel it though
By Minaras84 2024-02-07 01:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Im so tempted haha
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-02-07 09:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Feral Howl does not have any attack down, defense down, max hp down, or anything like that. I don't know why anyone would believe this tripe...

I guess Upbeat wants to spread conspiracy theories

Feral howl information is right on bg-wiki.

It lasts 10s if you fully merit it and its not resisted. It can last 15s if you use the augmented relic body with it.

yes much longer than a stun... but that supposes there is no resistance (which I've seen 50% resist on level 1 mob from level 119 bst). resistance levels reduce the duration. on higher level content, it is not uncommon for it to only last 2~3 seconds. Which is just like being stunned for any practical use.

It also generates. 640 volatile enmity. which is the best enmity move bst gets... sadly. on a 5 min timer its only practical for a 1 time pull before you snarl to your pet for starting a long solo fight where you want your pet to tank.... very niche.

It HAS been tested. why should I go prove a negative. burden of proof is on those who want to show it does such ridiculous things.
By Qiqirnmercenary 2024-02-07 11:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Hello, sorry if it's been posted somewhere as I couldn't find any information on this.
Is it possible to gain the benefits of Aymur's TP bonus & Attack bonus while also having Pet: Lv.+3 from Spalirisos?
By Nariont 2024-02-07 12:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Yes, just have prime in the OH
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-07 13:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Minaras84 said: »
I use Kaidate every single time i use KI, and i use KI right after a ws, so the tp i lose is pretty irrelevant _to me_

Wait, I thought that all of the gear labeled "Enhances "Killer" effects" or "Killer effects +x" only worked while equipped, and you can't just use them at JA activation. Or are you saying you equip Kaidate when you use the JA then you keep it equipped for the whole time Killer Instinct is up (in which case, why even bother switching it to something else for the fairly short window when KI is down)?

Only KI-related thing I was aware of that you CAN swap in for JA activation only is the relic head, with its augment for "Enhances "Killer Instinct" effect" that gives 4 seconds of additional JA duration per KI merit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-02-07 14:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Capuchin is correct.

no specific need to pair kaidate w/ killer instinct.

if you are going for a killer effect build w/ Nukumi Gausape, you might want it. Only if you purely want to cap killer effects though.

You can get more damage dealt or defense from other pieces than the small amount from killer effects on kaidate.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-07 17:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Aside from Killer Instinct purposes, I suppose there may also be something to be said for Kaidate having STR+8, which could have some use for situations where you're forced to single wield (Gaol, non-DW subjobs) and you're wanting to prioritize offense. For example, would provide a modest increase to Savage Blade damage if using BST on Bumba (which I do sometimes, Purulent/Corrosive Ooze and decent Savage Blades is pretty good). But eh, I personally just go for Sacro Bulwark when forced to single wield, and take the significant DEF boost and DT-10% over minor DPS gains.

There really aren't many other BST shields that provide significant offensive help (though an offhand weapon would blow any of these away):
Thorfinn +1 has STR+3/Atk+19/DA+1
Forfend +1 and Deliverance +1 have Acc
Evalach +1 has Atk+11 and Acc+20 from augment

Otherwise, Kaidate is a small (2%) increase in Killer proc rate when equipped. Doesn't help your party members either, just yourself. A relevant thread here.

It's ironic that Mpaca set got Killer+ on all five pieces and BST didn't get that (see also: Founder's set). I'd have stuck Killer+ on Gleti's instead!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-02-07 18:58:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
It's ironic that Mpaca set got Killer+ on all five pieces and BST didn't get that (see also: Founder's set). I'd have stuck Killer+ on Gleti's instead!

now you just pouring salt in old wounds
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-02-07 22:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Minaras84 said: »

Wait, I thought that all of the gear labeled "Enhances "Killer" effects" or "Killer effects +x" only worked while equipped, and you can't just use them at JA activation. Or are you saying you equip Kaidate when you use the JA then you keep it equipped for the whole time Killer Instinct is up (in which case, why even bother switching it to something else for the fairly short window when KI is down)?

Only KI-related thing I was aware of that you CAN swap in for JA activation only is the relic head, with its augment for "Enhances "Killer Instinct" effect" that gives 4 seconds of additional JA duration per KI merit.

Oh there you have it, i didnt know that.
All good, itd going to be a stulelock lol
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-08 11:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Bonanza Shield is the only shield that affects Killer Instinct in a positive way on cast.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darwinion
user: DBrown67
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2024-02-12 03:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Just wondered if peeps might give me some advice on my TP set up. This is mainly used in Dynamis but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the TP gain rate. It's basically full Malignance and the back piece has the usual stats as on page one. It's all STP gear with only the ammo having any multi attack on it. Not sure this is the best way to go.

However there are TP sets on page one here on the top row. One says PDL (is that physical damage limit+ ?) and is MA Max attack? Doesn't mention any augs on these pieces in these sets.

I know the neck piece can be upgraded but wondered what else you might recommend here. The ammo piece is not auged either. The VR ring is an easy swap if Lehko's needs changing.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/394746
By jubes 2024-02-12 04:40:23
Link | Citer | R

either too much or too little dual wield depending upon your sub and the cape augments, you want 11 if /nin and 21 if /dnc. other than that i see no problems, you could try a multi-attack tp set with double and triple attack in it, but you'll get hit with a lot more crap having lost a lot of magic evasion.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-17 09:19:25
Link | Citer | R

The simple lua from beaztmaster has been reported on pastebin

Quote:
This paste has been deemed potentially harmful. Pastebin took the necessary steps to prevent access on January 15, 2024, 9:37 am CST. If you feel this is an incorrect assessment, please contact us within 14 days to avoid any permanent loss of content.

Just wanted to give a heads up. Fal's is still there, but looks like someone got report happy.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-20 14:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darwinion said: »
Just wondered if peeps might give me some advice on my TP set up. This is mainly used in Dynamis but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the TP gain rate. It's basically full Malignance and the back piece has the usual stats as on page one. It's all STP gear with only the ammo having any multi attack on it. Not sure this is the best way to go.

What mainhand weapon? For Aymur with AM3 up, STP focus is best. For other mainhands (Doli, Naegling, Guttler, whatever) it would be more viable to think about possible alternatives - though BST just doesn't get a ton of options in visible gear slots that outweigh the combo of Acc/STP/defense that Malignance provides. Might consider using more multiattack accessories for not-Aymur though. Realistically, the TP slots you might think about changing up if not using Aymur would probably be:
- Neck? (Shulmanu solid for Acc+20/DA+3, if Acc is needed. Otherwise I'd stick to Anu or Ainia here)
- Earrings: Sherida/Sroda
- Body: Maybe augmented Gleti's (R20+?)
- Back: Of course, not DW if not /NIN /DNC. STP or DA are close.
- Waist: Sailfi+1, Kentarch+1 good options

PDL on Gleti and other gear is much less important on TP gear. Sure, IF you're capping attack you're getting more white damage on your melee swings, but the real damage output increase comes from getting TP faster and doing more WS. Gleti lacks the valuable STP on Malignance, and don't forget that Malignance already has a small amount of PDL too (if heavily buffed or mobs are low level and/or heavily debuffed, since it's harder to cap atk if using Malignance that has no Atk+ stat). PDL+ pieces like Gleti's or Empy+3 feet are nice for multi-hit WS purposes though (e.g., Decimation spam with Doli)

Some specific gear notes:
1) For pretty much any DW job /NIN, I strongly prefer a DW+10 cape and freeing up other slots for non-DW options. For instance, 5/5 Malignance, Sailfi+1, dropping Suppa and/or Eabani for non-DW earrings (e.g. Telos/Dedition for STP, Sherida/Sroda as good DA options). I am totally fine with the negligible TP/hit reduction from being 1 DW under cap, in general you should be able to more than make up for that with the other stats you can add from not being tied to a DW option like Eabani or Suppa.

2) If you don't go the DW cape route or if you're /DNC and need more DW, worth remembering that Emicho +1 D hands are still a viable TP option with Acc+62/DW+6/STP+7... IF you're comfortable with the significant drop in Meva/DT (significant caveat).

3) Gleti's body isn't a bad multi-attack TP option if augmented. Say, rank 20+ (R20 = Atk+20/DA+7%/Acc+5 augments).

4) I'm a fan of Moonlight Ring over Chirich+1. Lose one STP and 2 Acc, gain DT-5% HP+110 Atk+8.

5) I went Cornelia's Ring over Lehko's based more on my other jobs (though Cornelia's is great on some BST WS), but I think Lehko/Gere is ideal TP generation set if that's your only concern.

My default /NIN Aymur TP set:
ItemSet 394837
- Cape with DW+10/PDT-10%, total of PDT-46% and DT-36% (i.e, also MDT capped with Shell)
- If I care about Acc, I swap Dedition out for Sherida

None of this is is going to radically change your feeling on BST TP gain though, I'd view any tweaks to your set (as currently linked) to be more in the category of relatively minor optimization.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-02-24 12:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Tali'ah body +2 is best tp building body piece for bst iirc. slightly less acc, and not nearly as much defensive options, but ta 6% is the best MA (multi-attack) in slot.

You can get better Valorous feet for bst tp than Malignance, but again, you lose the defensive buffs, not a priority imo, I just had them from before malignance. total of like 13stp feet. iirc

Fickblix's Ring FTW tp and pet ring :P

DW cape is probably the best option there.. sherida, sailfi, and sroda are just alot more than the 10 DA or STP you get in the back slot.

also they set you posted is confused about how much DA to use. you don't need reiki yotai + Suppa + Eabani.
Choose 2 if you gonna keep w/ those instead of cape.
By SimonSes 2024-02-24 13:18:53
Link | Citer | R

2) If you don't go the DW cape route or if you're /DNC and need more DW, worth remembering that Emicho +1 D hands are still a viable TP option with Acc+62/DW+6/STP+7... IF you're comfortable with the significant drop in Meva/DT (significant caveat).

If you are going /DNC you use should haste samba instead of adding more DW (in fact, you should use only 9%DW cape). Unless you for some reason want to lower your TP gain >.>
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-28 17:04:34
Link | Citer | R

I saw Falkirk's explanation on Pet: M.acc and I have a question.

Does Pet: M.acc go up by Master levels by gaining raw stats for the pets themselves, just pet: m.acc, or both/neither?

I think I saw that MLs added +1 to stats and +1 to skills for your pets, but I figured I would ask instead of assume.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-04 07:42:16
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a rough estimate how much subtle blow monk pets get, specifically Submerged Iyo? I was thinking about trying to punch Ngai with him and Taeon can roll subtle blow and damage taken for pets but not die myself.
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178