Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 176 177 178
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-30 12:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Pet Level+ DT set

ItemSet 393783

I'm considering making this my pet damage reduction set instead of the capped 87.5% sets in the guide.

The idea, of course, is to maximize pet damage reduction but prioritize keeping higher levels first.

This set would have Pet Level +3~5 depending on Spalirisos level.
It has Pet damage reduction 72% and 10% pet pdt from artio mantle for a total of -82% pdt.
Its 5.5% short of cap, but master also has 38% dt and another 14% pdt so pdt is cappped and even shell 1 is almost enough to cap mdt.

Also I'm not using any path D Nyame.. though this would only gain 1% damage reduction in the leg slot for Rlevel 30.

I think the Pet defense, Evasion, and Magic Evasion from the higher levels is worthwhile.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-30 13:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Unless my math is wrong, I only count 67%, offhand Pangu won't count towards total to the best of my knowledge. Otherwise looks like a tanky pet set for sure. Just something to consider is all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-01 21:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Pangu is not offhand. i just don't know how to force it into the correct hand for ffxiah sets... is it possible?

Pet level + from Spalirisos will work just fine in the offhand.

you are probably forgetting Stout Servant trait... but yeah, your math is wrong
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2023-12-01 22:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
i just don't know how to force it into the correct hand for ffxiah sets... is it possible?
It's always been a crapshoot for me.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-01 23:06:30
Link | Citer | R

You can't "force it" but you can add it over and over until it falls into the right slot, then delete the wrong ones.

ItemSet 393799 ItemSet 393800
[+]
 Phoenix.Darwinion
Serveur: Phoenix
user: DBrown67
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2023-12-02 05:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Is it worth making a Pet Magic Accuracy setup just for Purulent Ooze? I'm looking at the gear on 1st page, but I cannot see how that adds up to the stated +597.

Even with full upgrades and augments I'm getting up to +572. And it shows Nukumi earring +2, but then mentions Handler's +1 in the text alongside. Also why Gleti's feet instead of Nyame?

I'm not close to this gear set though. I have full Nyame but it's partially upgraded path C. And Mdomo +1 instead of Pangu.
By Nariont 2023-12-02 05:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darwinion said: »
Also why Gleti's feet instead of Nyame?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/172/#3682446
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-12-02 09:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Is it worth making a Pet Magic Accuracy setup just for Purulent Ooze? I'm looking at the gear on 1st page, but I cannot see how that adds up to the stated +597.

Even with full upgrades and augments I'm getting up to +572. And it shows Nukumi earring +2, but then mentions Handler's +1 in the text alongside. Also why Gleti's feet instead of Nyame?

I'm not close to this gear set though. I have full Nyame but it's partially upgraded path C. And Mdomo +1 instead of Pangu.

Well spotted. The gear set was modified after the Pet Magic Accuracy testing that Nariont linked, but the Node wasn't updated.

The Pet:Level+ gear is as good (or better) than the flat Pet Magic Accuracy bonuses on similar gear, hence the changes. Thanks for pointing out the text inaccuracies.

Pet Level+ DT set

ItemSet 393783

I'm considering making this my pet damage reduction set instead of the capped 87.5% sets in the guide.

This is a nice set, thanks for sharing.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-12-02 09:40:53
Link | Citer | R

well my math isn't wrong if you aren't offhanding Pangu lol. I included stout servant and your gear and subtracted 15% because of above. 67+15=82, which was your quoted DT but didn't add up because of Pangu Offhand. Seeing as how your intended set was actually main hand Pangu... that makes more sense now as to where your numbers came from.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darwinion
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2023-12-02 10:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

Well spotted. The gear set was modified after the Pet Magic Accuracy testing that Nariont linked, but the Node wasn't updated.

Ahh... kk. And wouldn't Voluspa tathlum be better in ammo slot?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-02 20:50:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm willing to bet that r30 Hesperiidae is same Pet Macc as Voluspa Tathlum.

10 pet str = 5 attack
I'm not sure, but betting pet int 10 = 5 macc also
[+]
 Phoenix.Darwinion
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2023-12-03 03:34:24
Link | Citer | R

10 pet str = 5 attack

Ahh yes, I was looking at base item only.

Trying to make the maxed out Kumbhakarnas for the Pet MAB build. But I have only managed a pair with +19 and +20 Pet MAB. Those were with +1 stones and I burned about 5 stacks. I did buy one stack of +2 (went halves with a friend) and managed to match the +19. But at 3M a stack on my server I'm not buying any more soon. I did get the pet TP +200 on one axe with the single duskorb +2 I had :p Boom! It popped on instantly.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-03 06:33:05
Link | Citer | R

10 pet str = 5 attack
Probably! But I wouldn't take it for granted.
For melee hits DEX is universally the only modifier for Acc. Just like AGI is for ranged attacks.
For magic it's kinda more... complicated.
INT tipically is the macc modifier for black magic just like MND is the modifier for white magic.
But there's a few exceptions and then there's all the other forms or magic which are neihter black nor white and they all receive damage bonuses and, likely, macc from different mods.

So would all pet magical moves receive macc from INT? Maybe... or is there something that instead receives macc from something else?
Is there a pattern? Is there a way to know?
Would be kinda hard to get such info.
Whereas with pure macc you don't have to wonder about stuff like that and you're gonna know for certain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-03 07:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can't "force it" but you can add it over and over until it falls into the right slot, then delete the wrong ones.

Thanks for the Hint!

It got me thinking, so I also tried adding Spalirisos by Item number instead of name. This way I can get the highest level version in the item set instead of the weakest.

it would be kinda nice to get an upgrade from the Shepherd's chain.
By Nariont 2023-12-03 08:06:14
Link | Citer | R

I did buy one stack of +2 (went halves with a friend) and managed to match the +19. But at 3M a stack on my server I'm not buying any more soon.

in my experience with doing various taeons, h2h axes etc, +2's are a scam with their current price, just grab +1's, even NQs can luck into a high roll
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-03 08:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Right now the login has +2 sacks @1k

Useless otherwise, may as well grab em
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-04 10:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Anybody got a compiled list of T3 and T4 V25 Odyssey NMs that are susceptible to Purulent Ooze?

Kalunga - Works just fine
Mboze - Works but need Rayke + either SC or Stymie Frazzle3
Ngai - ???
Xevioso - ???
Ongo - ???
Arebati - ???
Bumba - Works just fine afaik
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-04 10:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Actually while we're here let's compile a list for T1 and T2 as well.

I assume it works just fine for all T1s but I've never tried honestly lol
As for T2s:

Henwen - Doesn't work. Well I guess with the same setting as Mboze it's gonna work?
Marmorkrebs - He's water based, doubt it's gonna work, ever xD
Aristaeus - ?
Raskovniche - ?
Procne - ?
Gigelorum - ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-04 15:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Well for Mboze you need TWO friends.

On V20 just 3x Unda Rayke from RUN was enough to land Purulent Ooze, but on V25 you need that AND either Stymie Frazzle3 from RDM, or a SCH doing Distortion (or Reverberation) for you to MB Purulent Ooze on.

To be fair I'm pretty confident this system would work on anything that's not water based, maybe? I haven't personally tried though.
For instance I did Henwen V25 solo with MNK, but it was very very risky I gotta say.
 Phoenix.Darwinion
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2023-12-09 03:29:45
Link | Citer | R

As a returning BST from long time away, can someone please clarify a DynamisD query? I have full merits in KI and I only use it when the jug pet I have is in favourable correlation to the mob I'm fighting (as per the Beast chart).

But then I read elsewhere that some are using KI in Dynamis Divergence? I was considering dropping my KI merits as I hardly ever use it. I know I can transfer pet killer traits to party members using KI ability. But how do these work in DynaD? I usually use Arthur in Dyna D.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-09 07:02:13
Link | Citer | R

As a returning BST from long time away, can someone please clarify a DynamisD query? I have full merits in KI and I only use it when the jug pet I have is in favourable correlation to the mob I'm fighting (as per the Beast chart).

But then I read elsewhere that some are using KI in Dynamis Divergence? I was considering dropping my KI merits as I hardly ever use it. I know I can transfer pet killer traits to party members using KI ability. But how do these work in DynaD? I usually use Arthur in Dyna D.

Killer Instinct is a fantastic ability, and I would keep it, but in Dynamis Divergence its useless. No one is using Killer Instinct to much affect in Dynamis Divergence.

We do not have any killer traits that affect beastmen... so at most we could get a boost compared to beastmaster pets.. which are few and far between and not strong enough to be worthwhile.

It would be more useful in Dreamland dynamis IF SE didn't nerf it. but even so, that such lower level content that it does not matter. (FYI, none of the dreamland dynamis mobs match the ecosystem charts for no other reason than the zones or whatever).
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-12-09 11:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Fomor are undead, so w3 should be affected by Holy Circle at least. Haven't really paid any attention to it in the past though to be honest. Would make empy body on BST a pretty strong boost.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-12-09 13:09:01
Link | Citer | R

Fomor are not undead in Dynamis; all enemies are family-less there.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-12-09 13:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
To be fair I'm pretty confident this system would work on anything that's not water based, maybe? I haven't personally tried though.
For instance I did Henwen V25 solo with MNK, but it was very very risky I gotta say.

Maybe you're already doing some or all of these, but probably worth a reminder about some other things that should help on mobs where it's harder to stick Ooze:
Run Wild: pet Macc+
Familiar: pet attribute+
Tandem Strike: pet Macc+ (remember to actually swing at the mob at least once with master, and remain engaged)
Rolanberry Daifuku: pet Macc+
By Nariont 2023-12-09 15:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/172/#3683230

Apparently not

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Story Recap: (My personal interpretation of the results.)
1. Pet: Magic Accuracy improves as Pet Level increases beyond 99.
2a. Tandem Strike V Trait yields Pet: Magic Accuracy+50.
2b. Run Wild does not improve a Pet's Magic Accuracy.
3. For Pet Levels less than 119:
Nyame Sollerets (Path D, R25) were just barely superior to Gleti's Boots (Pet:Lv+1, Pet:Magic Accuracy+50)
4. With 20/20 Job Points, Familiar's Pet:INT+60 effect is a large boost to Pet: Magic Accuracy.
5. Even an NQ Nukumi Earring (Pet:Lv+1) is superior to any of the other Pet: Magic Accuracy earring options available.
6. Pet: Monster Correlation does not impact Pet: Magic Accuracy.
7. For Pet Levels greater than 119:
Gleti's Boots (Pet:Lv+1, Pet:Magic Accuracy+50) are either a very similar potency or slightly better than Nyame Sollerets (Path D, R25).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-09 18:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Nariont just replied to you.
Thanks to a recent finding from Falkrik we discovered that Run Wild, unexpectedly so, doesn't give any macc.

Quote:
Tandem Strike: pet Macc+ (remember to actually swing at the mob at least once with master, and remain engaged)
We don't know exactly how it works but we know that hits for 0 and misses work into activating it.
Once activated I doubt that if you remain engaged (and turned around) is gonna be enough.
Probably Tandem Strike is a hidden buff similar to Sambas that gets activated on the player each time you attempt to hit an enemy (even if you fail) and once activated stays on you for X seconds. To keep it 100% on you probably need to perform "attempts to hit" every X seconds or the hidden buff will disappear.
But that's just my wild guessing of course, I don't think I've ever read about detailed tests on it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-09 21:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Probably Tandem Strike is a hidden buff similar to Sambas that gets activated on the player each time you attempt to hit an enemy (even if you fail) and once activated stays on you for X seconds. To keep it 100% on you probably need to perform "attempts to hit" every X seconds or the hidden buff will disappear.
But that's just my wild guessing of course, I don't think I've ever read about detailed tests on it.

Thats pretty much it.

That would cover the behavior I say for tandem blow while testing it in brenner long time ago. you can clearly see it by the tp fed to other player. and it does wear off shortly after you turn around ever if you still engaged.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-10 05:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Would be good to get an estimate of how many seconds it stays. Roughly 3? could be 2 or 4 accordingly. I think devs are probably using the already existing game cycle of "tics" which is roughly calculated every 3 seconds?

Would need someone with a more in-depth knowledge of FFXI client-server communication I guess.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-12-10 12:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Would need someone with a more in-depth knowledge of FFXI client-server communication I guess.

Go for it.

I don't think that information would be in the least bit useful, but feel free.

Unless you are trying to make a plugin that breaks it to try to inject packets to spoof the tandem strike/tandem blow bonuses to have them whether you engaged on correct mob or not...

and I STILL don't think it would be worthwhile.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 176 177 178