Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 176 177 178
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-04 23:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Even with blurred+1 OH, I still struggled from time to time landing that fourth step, because BST is so slow. I ended up using Ridill (yes, a vastly under leveled weapon) to give me a better chance. It helped a bit, but still no substitute for kraken club.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-05 00:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Gleti’s gear is not good for decimation if it’s unaugmented. Multi atk is a good way to improve your damage. Valorous gear, meghanada legs, taliah body are all good options. Better than unaugmented Gleti’s.

Same problem as with your savage sets. You’re just using odyssey gear with no augments instead of getting easy/cheap alternatives that will be better.

Edit: you’re literally tping in argosy feet but you’re not using them in your decimation set.
By Nariont 2022-02-05 00:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Even when it's augmented, unless you make full use of the PDL only the body really stands out with the DA on it, apart from it being a strong set of acc/atk, get better results from aug'd nyame in some slots even due to the modest DA with the WSD/atk
By Gaigin 2022-02-05 10:32:46
Link | Citer | R

I was testing based of some of the suggestions and was not getting better results with more MA rather than Gleti's for Decimation. the reults may have been skewed for a couple of reasons though so I will not post the results.

I will say that Ternion's +1 does seem to be a lot better for TP generatoion than Agwu's. I could pretty consistantly do the Vickie 4 step.

With all of what was posted about this over the last few days though, I was thinking maybe we need an addition to the guide. Low > Medium > End Game gear sets for our top two WS. Decimation and Savage Blade. BiS is all well and good, but like many have said, having R15-R20 Ody augs is ideal, but not exactly common.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-05 10:54:06
Link | Citer | R

5 Minutes of testing won't determine anything. Over time the triple attack on the two pieces I mentioned specifically will be better for decimation, without question vs unaugmented gleti's gear. tali'ah manteel +2 and meghanada chausses +2 easily will be better for you for decimation. 11% Triple Attack will be a huge boon to the weaponskill over time. You're attack isn't high enough with trusts to think that your Gleti's Physical Damage Limit bonuses are kicking in.

To the point about removing Shantotto, I never said that, I said that you should replace Joachim with Qultada. You don't have any attack buffs, Qultada is going to do a lot for you. Much more than Joachim will.
By Gaigin 2022-02-05 11:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
5 Minutes of testing won't determine anything.

I didn't say 5 mins. It was over an hour and I was trying some different combinations. But it was in woh gates not dho so the mob levels were higher. Also, I had to pull things to camp which starts the DPs timer. In dho you walk up to them and start.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-05 12:45:19
Link | Citer | R

this is why a parse isn't the most reliable result. in your first test you were on crabs if i'm not mistaken. crabs use both a defense boost and an mdt tp move, so if any of your ws and sc were during those portions, they are already not controlled tests. not to mention you probably weren't killing ones of the same level either, and qultada doesn't always roll the same number.
By Gaigin 2022-02-05 12:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
already not controlled tests.
This is why I said I wasn't posting results. Many things made this skewed.

First tests were Pugils and Crabs in Dho Gates.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-02-08 07:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Gaigin said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
For argument's sake, Ayame.

Please elaborate.

She should open with Gekko to make Fusion with Decimation, or Kasha into Savage Blade for Light.

For BST, it seems pretty intuitive that Shantotto II would overperform since the usual Trust meta is based around buffing that pets don't benefit from.
 Asura.Nalfey
Serveur: Asura
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2022-02-13 10:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Hey all,

Seeing that BST is often getting used in Odyssey V15-20 NMs for Killer Instinct and TP Drainkiss, and quickly switching pets to reapply Killer instinct in between TP Drainkiss cooldown is key to avoid TP moves on Mboze or Arebati v20 I quickly made a .lua to take care of the pet switching for Killer Instinct:

The addon is called: KillerInstinct
Once the addon is loaded you have three commands available to use :

//killerinstinct cb
or
//killerinstinct bl
or
//killerinstinct unleash

"cb" strands for Call Beast and you would use it if you want to start with Call Beast on the Killer instinct Jug and then Bestial Loyalty on the end jug.

"bl" strands for Bestial Loyalty and you would use it if you want to start with Bestial Loyalty on the Killer instinct Jug and then Call Beast on the end jug.

"unleash" is in the occasion where you are under Unleash, then Call Beast has zero cooldown and you want to use Call Beast for both the Killer instinct jug and the end jug.

In this code the current jugs are Aged Humus, and C. Plasma Broth. for Arebati v20. But go in and set any jugs you want !

Enjoy !

Code
_addon.name = 'KillerInstinct'
_addon.author = 'Nalfey'
_addon.version = '1.0'
_addon.language = 'english'
_addon.commands = {'killerinstinct'}

require('logger')
require('coroutine')

running = false

function cb()
	if running == true then

windower.chat.input("//gs disable ammo")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		windower.chat.input("//gs disable range")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

windower.chat.input("/pet \"Leave\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

windower.chat.input("/equip ammo \"Aged Humus\"")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		windower.chat.input("/ja \"Call Beast\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(2)		
		windower.chat.input("/ja \"Killer Instinct\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(2)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

windower.chat.input("/equip ammo \"C. Plasma Broth\"")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		windower.chat.input("/ja \"Bestial Loyalty\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		windower.chat.input("/targetnpc")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)		
		windower.chat.input("/pet \"Fight\" <t>")
		coroutine.sleep(1)
		windower.chat.input("/pet \"TP Drainkiss\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(2)
		windower.chat.input("/pet \"Heel\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)		

windower.chat.input("//gs enable ammo")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		windower.chat.input("//gs enable range")
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

running = false
		windower.add_to_chat(200, 'Killer Instinct: Call Beast Complete!')
	else
		windower.add_to_chat(200, 'Killer Instinct: Something went wrong! Please try your command again after reloading KillerInstinct.')
	end	
end	

function bl()
	if running == true then

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

coroutine.sleep(0.5)

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		windower.chat.input("/ja \"Bestial Loyalty\" <me>")
		coroutine.sleep(2)		
		coroutine.sleep(2)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)		
		coroutine.sleep(1)
		coroutine.sleep(2)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)		

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

running = false
		windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Bestial Loyalty Complete!')
	else
		windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Something went wrong! Please try your command again after reloading KillerInstinct.')
	end	
end

function unleash()
	if running == true then

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

coroutine.sleep(0.5)

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(2)		
		coroutine.sleep(2)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)		
		coroutine.sleep(1)
		coroutine.sleep(2)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)		

coroutine.sleep(0.5)
		coroutine.sleep(0.5)

running = false
		windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Unleash Complete!')
	else
		windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Something went wrong! Please try your command again after reloading KillerInstinct.')
	end	
end

function killerinstinct_command(...)
    if #arg > 1 then
        windower.add_to_chat(167, 'Invalid command.')
    elseif #arg == 1 and arg[ 1 ]:lower() == 'stop' then
        if running == false then
            windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: There are no current actions to stop. Use //killerinstinct abort to force-reload the addon if necessary.')
		elseif running == true then
			windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Aborting all actions and reloading.')
			windower.send_command('lua reload KillerInstinct')
        end
	elseif #arg == 1 and arg[ 1 ]:lower() == 'cb' then
		if running == false then
            windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Starting Call Beast cycle.')
			running = true			
			cb()
            windower.add_to_chat(200, 'It appears KillerInstinct is already running an action, please use //killerinstinct abort to reload the addon and try again.')
		end
	elseif #arg == 1 and arg[ 1 ]:lower() == 'bl' then
		if running == false then
            windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Starting Bestial Loyalty cycle.')
			running = true
			bl()
            windower.add_to_chat(200, 'It appears KillerInstinct is already running an action, please use //killerinstinct abort to reload the addon and try again.')
		end
	elseif #arg == 1 and arg[ 1 ]:lower() == 'unleash' then
		if running == false then
            windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Starting Unleash cycle.')
			running = true
			unleash()
		end		
	elseif #arg == 1 and arg[ 1 ]:lower() == 'abort' then
        windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct: Aborting all actions and reloading.')
		windower.send_command('lua reload KillerInstinct')
	elseif #arg == 1 and arg[ 1 ]:lower() == 'help' then
        windower.add_to_chat(200, 'KillerInstinct commands: stop abort Call Beast buff.')
	else
		end
end

windower.register_event('addon command', killerinstinct_command)
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2022-02-13 12:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for that, should be very useful!
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-02-15 18:32:23
Link | Citer | R

I thought the duration for jug pets was like 1~3 hours? I BL'd a BraveHeroGlenn for Besieged 32+ hours ago and it's still here.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-02-16 09:10:52
Link | Citer | R

normal duration for call beast pet to remain if it does not die is 2 hours. It will despawn after that.

the pet is BraveHeroGlenn... dunno who the BraveFencer is.

not sure if its a besieged thing, and braveheroglenn thing, or if you are hallucinating from sleep deprivation.

but hey, waiting for besieged can do that for you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-02-16 12:17:16
Link | Citer | R

BraveHero.. that's what I said. <.<
Anyway, 48 hours. Still there. Maybe worthless frog pet never despawns.
 Bahamut.Radda
user: radda
By Bahamut.Radda 2022-02-16 12:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
I thought the duration for jug pets was like 1~3 hours? I BL'd a BraveHeroGlenn for Besieged 32+ hours ago and it's still here.

Holy ***... we got Besieged back, Una?
By nando 2022-03-15 17:47:41
Link | Citer | R

i have been killing some apex jagils doing a 2 step light SWOOPING FRENZY >> CLOUDSPLITTER closing damage 10k ~ 14k but the skill damage ranging 20k ~ 30k. but with Killer Instinct 12k ~ 19k closing and the skillchain damage 30k ~ 57k. so im wondering if the higher skillchain damage is being more affected by the +28 Skillchain Bonus on the Nayame gear. ive also tried a 3step
Ruinator > Swooping Frenzy(Fusion) > Cloudsplitter (Light) for a 57k light, but i seem more effort that just doing a 2step. So would be safe to say the closing a skill chain with either Primal Rend or cloudsplitter in full nayame would generate huge skillchain number due to the bonuses?

note: all my nayame gear is unranked except for the hands they are rank 11
By SimonSes 2022-03-16 03:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Are you asking if skillchain bonus boosts skillchain's damage? :)

There is few reasons why light skillchain does so much damage on Apex Pugil. Major ones are Skillchain Bonus and Resistance Rank on Apex Jagil, specifically 150% Resist Rank to thunder. That means Light skillchain on Apex Jagil will do thunder damage and will be multiplied by 1.5

So 2 step Light normally does 100% of your closing WS damage, but on Apex Jagil it will be multiplied by 1.5 and then by skillchain bonus (28 in your example, assuming you don't use /dnc), so 19k closing Cloudsplitter would do:
Code
19 x 1.5 x 1.28 = ~36.5k

(probably few hundreds more, because of Magic Damage on Axes)

Day/weather can also proc on skillchain damage, so it might have random higher spikes (or consistent higher damage, if you use Obi).
By Alonsofabian 2022-03-16 19:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Hello Fellow BST,

I am returning to the game after 3 years pause.

Could you please remind me what is the best trust set up to solo dark Skillchain for Bredo to close it?

Thank you in advance
By Shichishito 2022-03-16 20:11:05
Link | Citer | R

fluffy bredo doesn't have a sic/ready command with a skillchain property so he can't close any skillchains.
however he's got a water and dark elemental attack so he might be able to burst off of darkness?

if i recal correctly then gesho and zeid II like to do darkness frequently.
By nando 2022-03-16 22:54:42
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Are you asking if skillchain bonus boosts skillchain's damage? :)

There is few reasons why light skillchain does so much damage on Apex Pugil. Major ones are Skillchain Bonus and Resistance Rank on Apex Jagil, specifically 150% Resist Rank to thunder. That means Light skillchain on Apex Jagil will do thunder damage and will be multiplied by 1.5

So 2 step Light normally does 100% of your closing WS damage, but on Apex Jagil it will be multiplied by 1.5 and then by skillchain bonus (28 in your example, assuming you don't use /dnc), so 19k closing Cloudsplitter would do:
Code
19 x 1.5 x 1.28 = ~36.5k

(probably few hundreds more, because of Magic Damage on Axes)

Day/weather can also proc on skillchain damage, so it might have random higher spikes (or consistent higher damage, if you use Obi).

Thank you SimonSes. i was sub nin using the gear setup from the beastmaster's guide for cloudspitter, except i main hand the guttler and off hand the agwu's axe. ive tried same skill chain on the new apex fungars in Crawlers' Nest (S). but didnt see as high of numbers in damage, not sure if they are more magic resistant since shantoto II hits less under 1k MB
By SimonSes 2022-03-16 23:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Funguars in CN[S] have Resistance Rank of 100% to everything beside Water and Darkness (it's 30% for those). So your Light skillchain will lack x1.5 multiplier, that you had on Apex Jagil.
By kinkanat 2022-03-20 11:38:41
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys, I haven't played BST for years and now I'm updating it, when I played it Berta and Tiger were the two most used pets but my question is:

Nowadays which pets are the most important or the most used? Both for tank and DD.

I'm following the guide in this forum and I have most of the pieces of the guide, but in the same guide they recommend a LOT of pets and the inventory suffers a lot, besides I don't know which pet is more important for each situation.

I'm testing the pets in the Escha Zitah Shockwave boss, but I'm also testing them in other situations like Apex or other battles.

I hope your help about which pets are more important, thank you very much :D
By zigzagzig 2022-03-20 12:19:34
Link | Citer | R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDX4kiYJj4&list=PLr7z4GaKVo3SzyOcYMVZQXqf5OppV3ZtZ&index=17
By Gaigin 2022-03-20 14:25:36
Link | Citer | R

nando said: »
i have been killing some apex jagils doing a 2 step light SWOOPING FRENZY >> CLOUDSPLITTER closing damage 10k ~ 14k

Sad to say it, but do the exact same thing as BST with Naegling and you will see your damage skyrocket. I was getting 60-75k Light with two step. Try it out!
[+]
By Minaras84 2022-03-25 19:30:33
Link | Citer | R

i have been killing some apex jagils doing a 2 step light SWOOPING FRENZY >> CLOUDSPLITTER closing damage 10k ~ 14k

Sad to say it, but do the exact same thing as BST with Naegling and you will see your damage skyrocket. I was getting 60-75k Light with two step. Try it out!

I dont know, i havent got naegling yet, only using kaja, but while i agree that cloudsplitter is a bit meh, still SB cant pull the same numbers as Swooping frenzy > Decimation > Decimation with Dolichenus especially in moh gates where all those lizards are just waiting to be killed by bsts lol.
But you've got to have enough Store TP.
By SimonSes 2022-03-26 04:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Minaras84 said: »

I dont know, i havent got naegling yet, only using kaja, but while i agree that cloudsplitter is a bit meh, still SB cant pull the same numbers as Swooping frenzy > Decimation > Decimation with Dolichenus especially in moh gates where all those lizards are just waiting to be killed by bsts lol.

It all depends on your gear. If you have 4/5 Nyame R25 and relic+3 helm, then Savage Blade damage will be very very high. If you have R0 Nyame, then SB damage will be mediocre, because there is not much alternative really. Meg gloves +2 are ok and AF+3 hands are good, but has no attack, which is visible drop in uncapped attack scenario. Also Nyame set not only boosts Savage damage by a lot, but also adds +23 skillchain bonus (without head) which is very relevant in described scenario.
By Minaras84 2022-03-28 18:40:09
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Minaras84 said: »

It all depends on your gear. If you have 4/5 Nyame R25 and relic+3 helm, then Savage Blade damage will be very very high. If you have R0 Nyame, then SB damage will be mediocre, because there is not much alternative really. Meg gloves +2 are ok and AF+3 hands are good, but has no attack, which is visible drop in uncapped attack scenario. Also Nyame set not only boosts Savage damage by a lot, but also adds +23 skillchain bonus (without head) which is very relevant in described scenario.

Oh ok ill have to try.
I have un-augmented nyame but i though af3 hands would be better than non augmented nyame?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-04-03 12:50:47
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
Ok, trying to tool around with Odyssey in terms of charming monsters, seeing if there's anything big to be gained there.
shamgi said: »
If we're on BST odyseey discussion, I've had some serious fun soloing it as BST through Charm methods.
Speaking of Charm, since a lot of the old testing has been lost, here was a quick check to see the effect of Familiar on a Charmed pet's duration:

Level 119 Mainhand Axe, CHR 124+66
vs Level 119 Eschan Mosquito

The Mosquito's /check message shows it as Decent Challenge because of Master Levels, but the Charm Duration equation is only concerned with the actual difference between the iLvl Mainhand Axe and the level of the monster in question.

From the Charm Duration BGwiki page:
Base Charm Duration (seconds) = floor((1.25 × CHR) + 150)
= floor((1.25 × 190) + 150)
= floor(237.5 + 150)
= 387 seconds (6 minutes 27 seconds)

Actual Charm Duration: 6 minutes 27 seconds

And Actual Charm Duration with Familiar: 36 minutes 27 seconds

The Node has been corrected to say that Familiar increases Charm Duration by 30 minutes (40 minutes w/Ankusa Trousers).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-04-06 19:15:59
Link | Citer | R

Confirmed that this earring has the same Pet Melee DMG effect as Agwu's Axe.
(Has no effect on Needle Shot/Leaf Dagger).
But now, if you so desire, you can boost your pet's physical Ready damage without reliance on a particular weapon.
My Nyame Armor (Path D) is only R20, so with capped Attack/fSTR, my Pet:DMG+ build melee range looks like this:
meleeDamage = ([D + fSTR] + [Agwu's Axe] + [Sroda Earring]) * (Nyame Armor Path D Bonus) * pDIF
= (164 + 10 + 10) * 1.1 * 4
= 809.6

So with the capped pDIF randomizer (x1.05), it's a range of 809~849 melee damage.

A glimpse of capped attack/fSTR Physical Ready Damage (pre-Randomizer) with varying degrees of insanity:
Conditions
(Level/Gear)
Pentapeck
Tickling Tendrils

(6 fTP)
Sweeping Gouge
(13.5 fTP)
Razor Fang
Hoof Volley

(26 fTP)
Rhinowrecker
(38.5 fTP)
Tegmina Buffet
(41.875 fTP)
Mainhand iLvl 119 Axe
(Level 119 Pet)
Level 119 Pet
w/Sroda Earring
Level 120 Pet
w/Sroda + Gleti's Boots
Level 120 Pet
w/Sroda + Gleti + Agwu's Axe
Level 120 Pet w/Sroda + Gleti
+ Agwu's + Nyame Armor (10%)
+ Agwu's + Nyame Armor (15%)
+ Agwu's + Nyame Armor (21%)
[+]
By shamgi 2022-04-09 14:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Dunno if we already knew this, but I just found out.

If you're in areas with the weird buff extension mechanics(WKRs, etc), then the pet buffs extend out. Found it randomly doing VR missions, but went into a WKR and I could pass out Lynx, Sheep, and Crab buffs to all my trusts and another player along for the ride.

I don't think there's any content where this would matter(Mieru, maybe?), but it's an interesting little thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 176 177 178