Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 11:00:57
Link | Citer | R

AFAIK, mobs have equal level main and sub (including when main and sub are the same). One could test it by checking at what level job traits kick in for monsters.

According to Monstrosity, clots are RDM/WAR, so one could test to see if level 25-49 clots have Double Attack.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-10 11:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Gaigin said: »
Claiming the lack of validity of my question by saying its too wide is a negative statement.

It isn't, you're wrong.

What you are using it on, from Leaping Lizard to Bumba is immaterial.

It isn't, you're wrong.

I perhaps wrongly assumed that people in the BST forum watched Rua's YouTube

You'd be wrong for assuming anything.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-10 11:14:15
Link | Citer | R

"main" and "sub" might be appropriate terms for enemy monsters, especially ones that use 1hr abilities (or if the game tells you what job they are). That makes seeing which job their main/sub easy. Pets are a little different. Outside of testing various levels of dual-pet jobs, the game doesn't specifically tell you what is their primary and secondary job, does it? I am not sure Monstrosity is a valid comparison (I have never done it, so maybe I am ignorant of how it operates). In the example you gave with a clot that is RDM/WAR, but BG lists slimes as WAR.

For instance, Daring Roland is a THF/BLM. Which one is it's "main" job? I would assume it's THF because of the family, but I don't see any way the game tells you that information. And in the case of Roland, he gets a non THF or BLM trait in Store TP. So some pets get weird traits that their jobs don't even possess, which further complicate the main/sub categorization.

I was under the impression that pets don't have "subs" (half-leveled jobs), just two listed jobs and traits from each.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 11:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
In the example you gave with a clot that is RDM/WAR, but BG lists slimes as WAR.
That would be because slimes and clots have different jobs. This is quite common for subspecies.
By Gaigin 2021-11-10 11:23:13
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Its +1 cap lvl for SJ per 5 ML levels, not every ML level

Yes of course, my mistake. What I meant to say was, I am curious if we will be able to get sub jobs on master to 99. If we could, I am wondering what would be the best sub. BLU seems strong, also THF. I don't think NIN gains much other then higher duel wield.

Maybe even /WAR for fencer 5? Just wondering what other options you all are thinking about.

To Simon's point, if ML goes to 250, that would do some very unbalanced things to pets. Will be interesting to see the new cap.
By SimonSes 2021-11-10 11:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Its +1 cap lvl for SJ per 5 ML levels, not every ML level

Yes of course, my mistake. What I meant to say was, I am curious if we will be able to get sub jobs on master to 99. If we could, I am wondering what would be the best sub. BLU seems strong, also THF. I don't think NIN gains much other then higher duel wield.

Maybe even /WAR for fencer 5? Just wondering what other options you all are thinking about.

To Simon's point, if ML goes to 250, that would do some very unbalanced things to pets. Will be interesting to see the new cap.

Cap is now 20 and its probably 99 at the end of the road, since thats max in search fliter for ML.
By Gaigin 2021-11-10 11:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
It isn't, you're wrong.
It isn't, you're wrong.

Thank you for your contribution!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-10 11:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
In the example you gave with a clot that is RDM/WAR, but BG lists slimes as WAR.
That would be because slimes and clots have different jobs. This is quite common for subspecies.

What I am saying is that, as far as the main/sub labels are concerned, I am not sure the classification for PC Monsters (Monstrosity) is the same as it is for NPC Monsters (your own Pets). I guess it makes sense that if you have a support job in Monstrosity that same system might apply to every other dual-job monster. I have just never heard it referred to BST pets as having a "sub job".
By Jetackuu 2021-11-10 11:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
It isn't, you're wrong.
It isn't, you're wrong.

Thank you for your contribution!
Not a problem, guy.
By clearlyamule 2021-11-10 16:36:39
Link | Citer | R

What I am saying is that, as far as the main/sub labels are concerned, I am not sure the classification for PC Monsters (Monstrosity) is the same as it is for NPC Monsters (your own Pets). I guess it makes sense that if you have a support job in Monstrosity that same system might apply to every other dual-job monster. I have just never heard it referred to BST pets as having a "sub job".
Monstrosity definitely seems different. Like most of them have firm main/sub jobs. With bst pets it's hard to say and test... in the past people had tested bst pets and come to conclusions about jobs based on things they could observe... and sometimes it looked like they had traits that corresponded to more than 1 job.

That said some of those things were things like MAB/MDB... which seems to just be an adjustable stat SE applies differently to different jugs making trying to figure out traits based on that impossible. And a lot traits we just can't really confirm on our end... so who knows. Was more of just thinking it a possibility especially considering how much stats they are gaining but how unequally
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 07:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Dream is over. Back to lolpets
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-11-11 07:47:32
Link | Citer | R

That sucks. Was hopeful for a bit lol
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 10:20:44
Link | Citer | R

On the other hand I don't know how bad they reduced it. Maybe I'm overreacting.
 Asura.Viska
By Asura.Viska 2021-11-11 10:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-11-11 10:36:37
Link | Citer | R

BST and SMN are gaining 1.5 atk,acc,eva,def per level now.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-11 10:44:36
Link | Citer | R

That sounds like 1 attribute and 1 combat skill per level, just like players.
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 12:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »

BST and SMN are gaining 1.5 atk,acc,eva,def per level now.

Yeah, dream's dead.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-11-11 12:40:59
Link | Citer | R

The higher gain would have been welcome since a- the geomancy nerfs really hurt pet strats and b- player gear has drastically higher meva on it now, but S-E continues to not really understand or care about pet jobs.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2021-11-11 12:52:44
Link | Citer | R

I had already started putting my PUP gear away to dust off my BST.... Talk about feeling like the unloved stepchild.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-11-13 20:58:47
Link | Citer | R

I haven't reached max Master Level yet, but from early testing, there's a DMG+ bonus being applied... to non-iLvl pets.

I can't say for sure that any kind of DMG+ was intended to be part of the Master Level package deal for pets (it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes? Unless DMG is considered a basic attribute), but I'm guessing that currently it's being applied before their "baseline" DMG amount that they give to every iLvl pet.

Level 119 Pet DMG Amounts:
Mosquito: DMG 136 (Melee damage range: 544-571)
Mandy/Apkallu: DMG 142 (Melee damage range: 568-596)
Every other pet: DMG 162 (Melee damage range: 648-680)

Those values are unchanged by Master Level so far, but Pets level 99 and below have increased DMG amounts.

Some Lvl 99 Pets DMG Amounts (in-progress):

Even as far back as level 35 HareFamiliar (removed Beast Affinity merits to summon):

@ Master Level 0: DMG 53 (Melee damage range: 212-222)

@ Master Level 11: DMG 58 (Melee damage range: 232-243)

TL:DR;
It's possible that a Pet:DMG+ is being added to all jug pets based on your Master Level, but then the DMG total (before gear) is overwritten according to their pre-defined iLvl values.

Any Dragoons in the house who can comment on Wyvern melee damage range after gaining Master Levels?
Any Master Level 20 BSTs notice similar results?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-11-14 16:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Slowly grinding away at these Master Levels...

Level 99 DaringRoland saw another DMG increase from Master Level 11 -> 12:

iLvl Pet DMG is still unchanged though.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-14 16:58:10
Link | Citer | R

What were you attacking for those values? Is it possible he was just getting fSTR boosts from additional strength, and he wasn't getting increases at ilvl because he already had enough STR to cap?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-11-14 17:04:12
Link | Citer | R

What were you attacking for those values? Is it possible he was just getting fSTR boosts from additional strength, and he wasn't getting increases at ilvl because he already had enough STR to cap?

Wild Rabbits in West Ronfaure. :c
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-14 17:28:02
Link | Citer | R

It's entirely possible that your pets were uncapped even on them without the boost from ilvl. The fSTR cap is quite high, and pets have relatively low STR compared to players.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-11-14 18:27:01
Link | Citer | R

That's a fair guess. Imagine if that was the case, how sad would that be, haha.

You're probably right for the Level 35 pets, but I feel confident that fSTR has been capped since the level 75 era for pets vs Level -1 Wild Rabbits.
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-15 00:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Does Pet have enough gear to do a Magic AoE spam on higher APEX mobs? Master would spam Aeolian Edge, probably /nin or /dnc for WS access.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-11-15 11:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Regarding the earlier discussion about pet job and support job.

Pets are just like mobs. They do not have support jobs, they just have 2 jobs.

Also, a reminder to some and info to those who never saw it..

In this thread I posted the reply I got back from SE dev's telling both jobs of all the jug pets.

but I'm too lazy to link exact spot in the thread
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-11-15 15:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
In this thread I posted the reply I got back from SE dev's telling both jobs of all the jug pets.

I got your back, BSTbro.

Official Forums Full Pet Job List

Xilk's ffxiah.com Pet Job Summary

Sylph.Excalin said: »
Does Pet have enough gear to do a Magic AoE spam on higher APEX mobs? Master would spam Aeolian Edge, probably /nin or /dnc for WS access.

Good question. How much damage is Aeolian Edge dealing on average from what you've seen? I think BST Pets have a rough time with Magic Accuracy in general, but we might be able to do like... 10k Fireball/Cursed Sphere with Puppet Roll?

Curious to know if anyone has tried it, or if it's worthwhile at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-15 15:28:09
Link | Citer | R

On the 142-147 Apex Cogs: With Idris Geo MDB down and MAB up bubbles (BG + EA full time) , no MAB roll(XP+STP)...Rdm was doing give or take 20-40k depending on TP. Not sure if it was better to use TP Bonus Offhand or something with ilvl with Macc/MAB. Brd did HM Accx2 + whatever.
By shamgi 2021-11-15 22:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I got your back, BSTbro.

Official Forums Full Pet Job List

Xilk's ffxiah.com Pet Job Summary

Sylph.Excalin said: »

Good question. How much damage is Aeolian Edge dealing on average from what you've seen? I think BST Pets have a rough time with Magic Accuracy in general, but we might be able to do like... 10k Fireball/Cursed Sphere with Puppet Roll?

Curious to know if anyone has tried it, or if it's worthwhile at all.

Just finished up a more traditional party on Promy Apex mobs.

At around ML1-3, Gaston could do around 20k unresisted MBs with only Puppets Roll. This was without swaps, with Aymur main and Agwu sub. I forgot to get one of the better pet MAB axes out, which might have helped. But yea, the real struggle here is MACC. I was using Grape instead of Rolanberry, which might have helped. On the water mobs I saw as high as 25k.

Of course, gears are thunder resistant so he's worthless there, but maybe with some ML the pet MACC and stats will put them on at least a reasonable level. Didn't test any other pets to see what kind of numbers they could put up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 175 176 177