Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 176 177 178
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-01 14:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
Is there a reason to use pet Tp bonus gear then if you ready at like 0/100 tp?

Yes. The majority of our pet TP moves boost damage based on current TP. Current TP includes:
1) Your actual Pet TP (zero in this case)
2) A hidden boost to 1000 Pet TP if actual Pet TP < 1000 (Thanks Falkirk for this research)
3) Any additional pet TP from weapons & gear.

So, if you have 800 Pet TP+ from weapons and gear (as an example), and you use a ready move at 0 actual Pet TP. You are effectively using your ready move at 1800 TP.
 Odin.Nogara
Serveur: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-01 15:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Odin.Nogara said: »
Ok so I hammered down this weekend and finished leveling then started on gear.

Got a great start on all my JA sets like Reward/Ready etc..... Before I start augmenting though I want to figure out what type of sets I'm gonna need.

So for Sic/Ready, I have the Desulter's Tasset/Charmers Merlin. Do they need to stay on for the entirety of Sic/Ready, or can you have them in a pre-cast and switch out to a more attack based piece on the midcast section?

Between your Sic/Ready is it essential to have an Acc/Att/Haste set, or is it best to have a full set geared towards -DT/Def or is a hybrid set the best option consisting of -DT/Acc/DA or Regen? I don't quite get how important the pets "tping" portion of a battle is, especially for the High Tier Battles, never had a pet job before, but I know for say Sam, my TPing portion is just as important as my WS is, is that the case here for a BST's pet? Or is the main goal to just focus on a very solid -DT/Def set, and then a really solid Sic/Ready set?

Also, kind of tight on gil, I farm my own Leaf/Dusk orb stones, but it takes time so for Sic/Ready, which is more important right now, a Magic based build or a Physical based build?

And thank you all for the advice so far, it's been great!

Physical ready moves are your bread and butter, but magical are also quite useful. Physical should have priority, but if you you are farming your own stones, you probably want to keep really high mab or macc stats if you get them.

And the TP phase is totally unimportant for pet jobs. Sure, it adds a small amount of damage over time, but dead pets do no damage. Falkirk has done testing and it seems that any tp under 1000 is rounded up to 1000 anyway, so unless your pet is somehow getting more than 1000 tp in ten seconds, it adds zero damage to your ready moves. So basically, build ready sets and tanking sets.

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Are any pet ready moves considered ranged damage? I know we have some exclusive BST gear with a stat of pet:R.acc or pet:r.att - when is this useful?

Nope, not a one. While some pet moves are ranged, none count as ranged damage. The only pet job that can deal ranged damage is PUP, and I suspect SE has no intentions of changing that. We have speculated that SE simply put both on there as a sort of catch all for any pet gear, but who knows.

Awesome, thanks!

For Ready, does Charmers Merlin/Desulters Tassets have to be worn for the entirety of the move, or just in the pre-cast section of my lua in order to get the -recast effect?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-01 15:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, thanks!

For Ready, does Charmers Merlin/Desulters Tassets have to be worn for the entirety of the move, or just in the pre-cast section of my lua in order to get the -recast effect?

Just precast.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-01 21:46:15
Link | Citer | R

They won't be quite Falkirk level tests, because I am horrendously lazy, but tests will be forthcoming ASAP.

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-01 22:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
They won't be quite Falkirk level tests, because I am horrendously lazy, but tests will be forthcoming ASAP.

The lack of pet stats on that weapon make me sad. It's a warriors axe.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-01 22:38:35
Link | Citer | R

I prefer to idealistically look at it as a "I need to melee to make light with my bird, but my bird is also not taking enough damage to warrant me using Izizkioski, but also is taking enough damage that I am actually using bird" axe.

Also town.
 Odin.Spyderhawk
By Odin.Spyderhawk 2015-06-02 17:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Does WSD effect Pet ready moves at all?
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-02 17:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Few more questions!

Accessories seem to be few and far between with Pet stats on them, so while I'm waiting to get some of the R/Ex drops, is their really anything that can be substituted? Like I see for the Reward build you're stacking MND, do any of their Ready moves or their Def or anything at all get affected by the Masters stats?

I've started the augmenting process, so my sets are getting there, but for the High Tier fights(AA/Primes), what would be the minimum amount of -DT I should have in my sets before I give them a shot on N? Just want a rough idea since I really have no idea how to gauge it yet.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-02 17:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Spyderhawk said: »

If it were to state Pet: WSD, then I would assume, otherwise I wouldn't think so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-02 18:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Spyderhawk said: »

No.

Few more questions!

Accessories seem to be few and far between with Pet stats on them, so while I'm waiting to get some of the R/Ex drops, is their really anything that can be substituted? Like I see for the Reward build you're stacking MND, do any of their Ready moves or their Def or anything at all get affected by the Masters stats?

I've started the augmenting process, so my sets are getting there, but for the High Tier fights(AA/Primes), what would be the minimum amount of -DT I should have in my sets before I give them a shot on N? Just want a rough idea since I really have no idea how to gauge it yet.

No.

Shoot for at least 30%. Even that might be kinda rough though.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-02 20:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Ok, seems easily doable then, already sitting at 26% without the use of any axes or accessories(minus JSE Cape)and only partially augmented gear, shouldn't be a problem to get it closer to 40% over the next few days
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-03 00:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Kparser is broken so the best I could do was to manually record 100 swings single-wielding with 0 DA/TA/QA gear on /nin. Out of 100 swings I recorded 45 Double Attacks. Over a larger sample size I would expect it probably comes out right at 40% OAT.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-03 15:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Are there any trusts that give any pet buffs or benefit our pets?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-03 16:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Not to my knowledge. GEO stuffs don't work on pets and Qultada won't roll pet stuff.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-03 22:28:46
Link | Citer | R

It's not quite a Pluton/Perfiden duo...but after a night of close calls and many headaches...it's finally done.

Much credit to Falkirk. Lots of discussion and lua help went into this. My old lua with the inferior pet swaps would not have cut it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-03 23:27:39
Link | Citer | R

It's not quite a Pluton/Perfiden duo...but after a night of close calls and many headaches...it's finally done.

Very impressive! How many dawns did you end up using? HM hits like a *** truck, esp. with Mighty strikes up
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-03 23:34:38
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Very impressive! How many dawns did you end up using? HM hits like a *** truck, esp. with Mighty strikes up

5-6 per attempt. Friend was nice enough to supply me through the long day. I think 6 on the winning run. Close to 2 stacks of food per full attempt as well.

He absolutely hits like a truck but it's only REALLY bad in a few scenarios, i.e. getting caught by a TP move in your ready or WS gear. I think the most damage I would reasonably take above 25% was 700ish from a TP move. I actually didn't turtle up too much during MS except when I was riding out the reward timer, just made sure that if bird was low I held TP/charges until I could reward or next TP move went off safely. Run Wild DEF boost helps immensely during 25% and under.

Getting caught with my pants down once during MS in ready gear with a swift blade for around 3k was probably the scariest part.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-04 03:26:28
Link | Citer | R

How important is Pet: DEF on DT pieces? Would I be able to do well with accuracy instead, or is DEF really helpful? Am I correct in thinking that physical ready pieces and magical ready pieces do not need duskorb augments, and that magical ones do not even need leaforb augments? Sylph has recently skyrocketed the price of orbs so I'm trying to save cost where I can.

Also, for the posted gearswap, I'm assuming the NE section stands for "not engaged"? And will it properly swap in Charmer's and Desultor's for your usage of the ready, then back to offensive axe/legs for the pet's usage of the ready?
 Siren.Excalin
Serveur: Siren
user: Excalin
By Siren.Excalin 2015-06-04 13:36:25
Link | Citer | R

For using Reward in Gearswap: Is there no delay to allow a midcast switch of the head piece? I already assume the answer is no, but I rather hear that no than continue to assume it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-04 13:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Excalin said: »
For using Reward in Gearswap: Is there no delay to allow a midcast switch of the head piece? I already assume the answer is no, but I rather hear that no than continue to assume it.

Reward is instant, so no. There is no time to swap to a midcast.
 Sylph.Aeo
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2015-06-04 14:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Question about ready moves while using gearswap (might be better placed in the gearswap support thread)! I suspect that my ready moves might be swapping in gear for when I use ready, and then swapping back to whatever else BEFORE the pet actually fires off their skill. What is the fix for this (or is it even a problem)? I seem to recall seeing something about a command that applies after pet executes a spell but don't remember what it was and can't find an example of it.

What I have right now for ready moves is:

and for aftercast:

What do I need to change in order to ensure that my ready gear stays on until after the pet uses TP move?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-04 15:25:24
Link | Citer | R

He absolutely hits like a truck but it's only REALLY bad in a few scenarios, i.e. getting caught by a TP move in your ready or WS gear. I think the most damage I would reasonably take above 25% was 700ish from a TP move. I actually didn't turtle up too much during MS except when I was riding out the reward timer, just made sure that if bird was low I held TP/charges until I could reward or next TP move went off safely. Run Wild DEF boost helps immensely during 25% and under.

Awesome! Great work, man - pretty sure you're the first and only person to pull this off so far, so major kudos to you. :)

So for future runs, what sorts of improvements do you think are possible?

Sylph.Oraen said: »
How important is Pet: DEF on DT pieces? Would I be able to do well with accuracy instead, or is DEF really helpful?

DEF+ won't make or break your defensive build. If you wanna save money, don't worry too much about it.

Am I correct in thinking that physical ready pieces and magical ready pieces do not need duskorb augments, and that magical ones do not even need leaforb augments?

This is correct. :)

Also, for the posted gearswap, I'm assuming the NE section stands for "not engaged"? And will it properly swap in Charmer's and Desultor's for your usage of the ready, then back to offensive axe/legs for the pet's usage of the ready?

You're right, NE stands for "not engaged" and is related to the PetOnly Pet Mode. And yeah, it does those things.

Sylph.Aeo said: »
I suspect that my ready moves might be swapping in gear for when I use ready, and then swapping back to whatever else BEFORE the pet actually fires off their skill. What is the fix for this (or is it even a problem)?

Is your Ready gear code located in the pet_midcast function? If it's just in the player precast then it probably isn't being equipped at the right time.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-04 15:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a ton, Falkirk. Helpful as always.
 Sylph.Aeo
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2015-06-04 16:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Is your Ready gear code located in the pet_midcast function? If it's just in the player precast then it probably isn't being equipped at the right time.

That's exactly what the problem was. Made that change-- fixed a bunch of issues that came up as a result of the fix...

Works like a charm now, and had a MASSIVE impact on my ready damage. Thanks for the help.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-04 16:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, just to piggyback off of Aeo's question, but would the pet_midcast function be the sets.midcast.pet.WS set? I want to make sure I don't end up doing the exact same thing.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-04 17:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Awesome! Great work, man - pretty sure you're the first and only person to pull this off so far, so major kudos to you. :)

So for future runs, what sorts of improvements do you think are possible?

Well, not running into a Circle Blade with no shadows up right after Mijin at 1% would be the first, and probably biggest, improvement I would make. Aside from that, just using Joachim or CatGEO instead of Qultada. Qultada was slightly useful for Dark Shot on utsu San once or twice, but nothing major.

And now, finally, after about 15 attempts, 7 of which were < 4% timeouts, I finally managed to get my trusts to behave like they their AI wasn't pure spaghetti code. Managed to keep Semih outside of Dragonfall range.

AA GK VD done.

Only was able to do it a few times in the fight because her ACC is ***and she sometimes felt like closing darkness for ~2 damage, but Cloudsplitter -> Empyreal (or Blast? idk) Arrow -> Light -> Pentapeck -> double light was very, very helpful in giving me a much faster run than before (can see from time).

Done with AAs for a while. Sign me directly out of that mess.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-04 17:35:39
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, just to piggyback off of Aeo's question, but would the pet_midcast function be the sets.midcast.pet.WS set? I want to make sure I don't end up doing the exact same thing.

That'd be exactly the right spot to put it, yes. :)
By Felgarr 2015-06-05 00:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Do you mind sharing the finished LUA file? I'd like to see what sets you folks are using. Also, I'd like to just put in my sets and not think about LUA. (Sorry, just being honest).
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-05 04:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

Do you mind sharing the finished LUA file? I'd like to see what sets you folks are using. Also, I'd like to just put in my sets and not think about LUA. (Sorry, just being honest).

BST.lua
 Siren.Excalin
Serveur: Siren
user: Excalin
By Siren.Excalin 2015-06-07 03:29:08
Link | Citer | R

So looking at redoing my Moonshade and was wondering about MAB+4/TP Bonus +250 Vs MAB +7.
Or maybe the question should be with Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter being pivotal WS shouldn't MAB+4 be the default choice over Att+4 on the moonshade when paired with the TP bonus?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 176 177 178