Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 176 177 178
By Vankathka 2020-08-11 02:43:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Sheep is also a good option I was just trying to limit the amount of jug pet suggestions as I have nearly every jug pet on hand (around 45) and not everyone is as crazy as me or I'd be listing all the 1% niche use pets too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-11 13:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried bst on odin recently? -def and att seems would be pretty good for both your damage and reducing his potential 1shot from def calculations, if it takes his att into account. Add to that bst now having easy access to like 60% sb, could make a neat addition
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-11 16:50:36
Link | Citer | R

NameHerald Henry
Jugjug of translucent broth
Natural Cap113
Attack Adj.-10%
Defense Adj.+20%
SpeciesCrab
EcosystemAquan
JobPLD
TP/hit75
Damage TypeSlashing

iLvl 119 Stats:
Max HP5612
Accuracy860
Attack681
Evasion690
Defense1224
NameP. Crab FamiliarJovial Edwin (HQ)
JugRancid BrothPungent Broth
Natural Cap119119
Attack Adj.--
Defense Adj.+30%+40%
SpeciesCrab
EcosystemAquan
JobPLD
TP/hit75
Damage TypeSlashing

iLvl 119 Stats:
Max HP57385924
Accuracy870880
Attack755755
Evasion690690
Defense13241427

Barnacle Crab:
Ready MoveCharge CostDescriptionDamage TypeSkillchain Properties
Venom Shower2Deals Water damage to all enemies around pet (10' Radius). Additional effect: Poison, decreases defense (DEF-25% for 1min ~ 3min). Additional effect duration varies with TP.Magic Burst
Mega Scissors2Deals physical damage to all enemies in a fan-shaped area in front of pet.
Damage varies with TP.

Gravitation

Scission

HERALD HENRY:
Ready MoveCharge
Cost
1040 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Big Scissors1876387638763Critical Hit Rate varies with TP
Bubble Shower1188418841884Radial AoE, Area of effect varies with TP

P.CRAB FAMILIAR/JOVIAL EDWIN:
Ready MoveCharge
Cost
1040 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Mega Scissors2127571275712757-
Venom Shower2305730573057Add. effects: 47 HP/tic Poison, DEF-25%

Mega Scissors consumes 2 charges and is the same damage as max TP Somersault/Double Claw.
That makes it ~1.5x stronger than Big Scissors.

The in-game description states that "Damage varies with TP", but this is either bugged or just some kind of typo.
Checked with atmas to confirm that it wasn't actually a Critical Ready Move like its little brother.
Static area of effect regardless of TP amount (~12 yalms), and also doesn't inflict any known additional effects.

So for all intents and purposes, it's conal damage with Gravitation that caps ~13k.
[+]
By Vankathka 2020-08-11 17:03:48
Link | Citer | R

From messing around with Mega Scissors myself I thought extra TP was making his AoE on Mega Scissors bigger but dismissed that, but perhaps?

Still those values are depressing.

Though he can chain with you and burst Venom Shower so theres that.

Edit: Didn't fully read it to see you tested the AoE, my bad. No idea then.

Edit2: Isn't there a move from a Funguar that ignores a certain amount of defense? Maybe Mega Scissors does that?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-11 17:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Has anyone tried bst on odin recently? -def and att seems would be pretty good for both your damage and reducing his potential 1shot from def calculations, if it takes his att into account. Add to that bst now having easy access to like 60% sb, could make a neat addition

I'm curious so I'm going to try it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-11 20:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Tried to solo Odin a few times on Normal. Definitely have to be more defensive on master, one attack round and Dread Spikes go off is death. Sometimes I'd get locked out by cures to turn in time. Got to the point I just single wielded + shield but kept /NIN for shadows.

Between Purulent's Ooze's Bio and Corrosive Ooze I survived, surprisingly the slug did and Monberaux. Everyone else died. Trusts dispelled Endark in time. I found Kaustra to be a struggle though, it's really annoying that you can't remove it.

The HP-10% does work on Odin. Tried lynx then slug once for pre-silence and attack buff. It was a bit messy to solo do it and land silence with that gaze requirement.

Definitely BST is useful to pair with another support to prevent. Doesn't seem like enough on its own.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-08-11 20:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Definitely BST is useful to pair with another support to prevent. Doesn't seem like enough on its own.

We aren't allowed to call them support anymore. The crowd goes wild. They are "mid-high utility hybrid".
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-11 21:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Might be decent to do with a party setup that isnt "Rdm 0 TP feed enspell". Monk, Bst, Pld, Rdm, Support/healer x2 or something similar. If the att down is potent enough to stop him from ohko via defense check, could drop one of the supports i run with who only uses defensive buffs and grab something else.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-11 21:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Bismarck.Rwolf said: »

We aren't allowed to call them support anymore. The crowd goes wild. They are "mid-high utility hybrid".

You forgot the Plus Ultra
By shamgi 2020-08-12 02:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Screwing around and thinking about it, I'm curious how a more hybrid setup would work for BST. Some of the new pets have some pretty big modifiers for their stats, so wondering what it'd look like.

My first thought was something along these lines:

ItemSet 371716

Ignore the Pangu, it's just a placeholder because I couldn't/don't know how to put the Mdomo in the offhand.

This might be a bit overloaded on accuracy for the master, but it's also securing enough acc for the pet to actually hit with it's swings. I haven't done all the math to fine tune it yet(I went both rings to cap SB in this set, but not sure if I'm wasting STP where I could have a Gere Ring instead), but it does interest me, especially in regards to the Beetle with his big attack bonus.
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-12 04:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Bit late with this but the HQ Slime is such a laugh to use, especially in Omen where the majority of targets are not spellcasters.

Managed to hold and burn down the Rabbits, Mandies and Lizards with Patrice without it dying. It's innate PDT is insane.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-12 10:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
For group purposes they can be described as both. Hybrid in my eyes just means more than 1 action. In this case, usually damage and support. But if someone said I bring BST for support, that's not necessarily wrong. You are, they just can deal good damage themselves too.
 Asura.Epigram
Serveur: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-12 11:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Bit late with this but the HQ Slime is such a laugh to use, especially in Omen where the majority of targets are not spellcasters.

Managed to hold and burn down the Rabbits, Mandies and Lizards with Patrice without it dying. It's innate PDT is insane.

It's also nice that you don't have to kill your DD gear to hit cap PDT. I'm currently trying to find a nice hybrid set to keep both going, without having to switch weapons. However, my lua is getting more and more ridiculous with all these sets :P
By Ermah 2020-08-12 11:54:05
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
Screwing around and thinking about it, I'm curious how a more hybrid setup would work for BST. Some of the new pets have some pretty big modifiers for their stats, so wondering what it'd look like.

My first thought was something along these lines:

ItemSet 371716

Ignore the Pangu, it's just a placeholder because I couldn't/don't know how to put the Mdomo in the offhand.

This might be a bit overloaded on accuracy for the master, but it's also securing enough acc for the pet to actually hit with it's swings. I haven't done all the math to fine tune it yet(I went both rings to cap SB in this set, but not sure if I'm wasting STP where I could have a Gere Ring instead), but it does interest me, especially in regards to the Beetle with his big attack bonus.

I'm a bit confused on your goal in this set. Is it to maximize white damage? Because that's not really how BST plays. They don't need TP to Weaponskill, and Aymur + Gloves alone is a ton of TP.
By shamgi 2020-08-12 13:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Ermah said: »
I'm a bit confused on your goal in this set. Is it to maximize white damage? Because that's not really how BST plays. They don't need TP to Weaponskill, and Aymur + Gloves alone is a ton of TP.

My intention was to have a high buff situation set that also accommodated the pet a bit, for example, Dyna D waves 1 and 2.

The set is pretty solid in high buff setups for the master already while also making some concessions to the pet to allow it a decent amount of gear haste, accuracy, and attack. This does white damage for the pet, yes, though it also accommodates the fact that the pet wouldn't have access to the Aymur(unless you choose to main hand that, of course)
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-08-12 13:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Why bother with a clunky hybrid build when slug master is the most effective way to play BST.

Maybe if Aymur super buffed one of the new pets (beetle?) hybrid would make some sense. Like how hybrid PUP uses Kenkoken.
By shamgi 2020-08-12 13:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Are we positive that Sefina is a PLD?

I went out and tested killer effects(I noticed that the HQ hippo had the exact same amount of STP as a SAM and was curious) and I can't get an intimidate to proc for the beetle, and then verified that the crab can do so.
By shamgi 2020-08-12 13:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Why bother with a clunky hybrid build when slug master is the most effective way to play BST.

Because the hippo might be more effective for Jettura in wave 1 and 2 Dyna?

Because the slug is often disruptive in farming Dyna PTs, and usually isn't super worth it, as the mobs die quite quickly as is.

Because I'm interested in trying out different things to see if they become more effective, or at the very least almost as effective.

Because the devs say they want us to do exactly this, and I'm curious if their intentions with these new pets are worth it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-12 13:29:37
Link | Citer | R

You can swap pets without caring about pet white damage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-12 15:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Because some people want to see what else they can do, or to just have fun. If no one actually attempts it, we can only assume its bad, which has often lead to situations where someone does something different that is fairly obvious in hind sight that turned out to be strong contrary to what the community assumed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-12 16:19:15
Link | Citer | R

I went out and tested killer effects(I noticed that the HQ hippo had the exact same amount of STP as a SAM and was curious) and I can't get an intimidate to proc for the beetle, and then verified that the crab can do so.

What mobs were you testing on? Traditionally the pets have never had their job's respective killer traits, just the ones related to their own monster family.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-08-12 17:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Farsha, Farsha, Farsha
All everyone talks about is splitting clouds~
[+]
By shamgi 2020-08-12 17:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

What mobs were you testing on? Traditionally the pets have never had their job's respective killer traits, just the ones related to their own monster family.

I initially took the hippo out to zvahl to see if it could intimidate demons, which it could not. Then to verify I took the diremite up to Upper Delkfutt to see if it could intimidate the dolls, which it could.

So then I took the beetle and the crab to torairmai canal to test on the fleshcravers right outside. Beetle sat for a couple minutes and I never got an intimidate, the crab did the same and got a few.

My testing method wasn't exactly robust. I just put the pet on the mob then withdrew it once it had hate, then sat and watched it get auto'd to see if intimidates would trigger.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-12 18:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Cool! Thanks for the info. I wonder if they made those killer effects functional back in the October 2018 version update:

SE said:
An issue wherein specific buffs would not, under certain circumstances, be applied to pets.

Based on your test, it's probable that it's just a WAR then.
By Nariont 2020-08-12 18:54:01
Link | Citer | R

if thats the case and pets do have job based killer effects attached does that apply to KI also or is it just the pet family?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-12 18:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Since it's just a Job Trait that they possess, it probably wouldn't affect Killer Instinct.

---

Sitting at Reisenjima entrance with Rage + Frenzied Rage + Berserk + Warcry.

For anyone who has experience using Hoof Volley, the Hippogryph page says that it removes enmity. Did anybody notice this effect after dropping a tactical Hoof Volley nuke on something?
[+]
By shamgi 2020-08-12 19:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
if thats the case and pets do have job based killer effects attached does that apply to KI also or is it just the pet family?

Given that pet traits are likely separate from their job and such, I doubt it, but worth testing.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-12 23:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Maybe if Aymur super buffed one of the new pets (beetle?) hybrid would make some sense. Like how hybrid PUP uses Kenkoken.

Hybrid PUP is also in a pretty sorry state in 2020, Kenkonken or not. It's same as BST, generally best to focus 100% on master DPS if you're trying to do damage (outside of pet-only scenarios).

Because the slug is often disruptive in farming Dyna PTs, and usually isn't super worth it, as the mobs die quite quickly as is.

That's a good point too. Once you get to wave 2 boss/wave 3 mobs, Ooze is good. But until then? Mobs die too fast for it to be worthwhile.

FWIW, although I'm a total BST amateur, I just took it into Dyna and was kinda digging the Lynx's Atk+ buff. If you aren't getting full buffs, that seems like a pretty good choice for that event - at least it's consistently helping you. I found Hippo was a bit of a chore to position well to stun mobs.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-08-13 01:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Hybrid PUP is still better for certain things like capacity points. I don't even know if hybrid BST is better for that. I've gotten better results farming JP for my alts doing full-on master dps + slug versus any kind of hybrid.

On lynx's attack buff- sheep is greater, granted it does have a defense hit and makes it riskier, but BST has literally the best enmity dump of any job. I think it's worth it, depending on situation, to just use Rage. There are very few AoE attacks in relevant content which clear 3+ Utsusemi shadows and do severe damage.
By shamgi 2020-08-13 01:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Hybrid PUP is still better for certain things like capacity points. I don't even know if hybrid BST is better for that. I've gotten better results farming JP for my alts doing full-on master dps + slug versus any kind of hybrid.

On lynx's attack buff- sheep is greater, granted it does have a defense hit and makes it riskier, but BST has literally the best enmity dump of any job. I think it's worth it, depending on situation, to just use Rage. There are very few AoE attacks in relevant content which clear 3+ Utsusemi shadows and do severe damage.

I think a bigger point on the Lynx is that it provides a 20% attack boost and also provides the capability to burst light chains, and even has 30MAB in the process. Given that pets have gotten a big MAcc buff as well, it feels pretty good to close a light chain and have the lynx burst it for 20-30k in skillchain situations.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 176 177 178