February Update Preview Video

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » February Update Preview Video
February Update Preview Video
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Lyncath 2015-02-16 14:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Maximum Finishing Moves up looks like a serious win for a Mythic Dancer.

That's going to do some evil things to Climactic Flourish.
By Heimdel 2015-02-16 14:21:08
Link | Citer | R

nice
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-17 08:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Is it too much to ask to raise Maximum Strategems or drop the recast time for SCH? C'mon, this is third big update for DNC. They already had their are having their Maz Steps raised in September, Step recast dropped in October, and now Max Finishing Moves through Job Point Gifts.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-02-17 08:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cevlina said: »
And before someone says "Well, this might just be half of the new Elemental Spells and the rest will be later" or something, remember that SE really loves that Earth->Water->Wind->Fire->Ice->Thunder spell order progression, and the previewed SCH spell was Hailstorm II and the BLM one was Fire VI. Unless they break Tradition, there's only 1 space free.

I'd say it's either a CP Boost, since they like to put those every so often, or Superior 2. If it's a CP Boost, I'd say it will be in the middle of the other Gifts. If it's Sup2, it will be at the end.

Freeze came before tornado and quake. Flare was the last.

So, let's see what happens in 2 days.
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 08:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Shouldn't be running out of strats. The point of SCH isnt supposed to be like a sage where all your spells are half cost, half cast; but for you to use strategms strategeically hence their name. On the other hands, since gifts are supposed to represent a system of upward character progression past 99, a gift that decreases strategem recast by 8 seconds should be viable, after all we oridinarily would get that at lv 110. Would be cool if BLU got a 5 point bonus since again, they would ordinarily get +blue points at every level ending in a 1 so last blue points they got was 91 not counting job points.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-17 08:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Asura.Cevlina said: »
And before someone says "Well, this might just be half of the new Elemental Spells and the rest will be later" or something, remember that SE really loves that Earth->Water->Wind->Fire->Ice->Thunder spell order progression, and the previewed SCH spell was Hailstorm II and the BLM one was Fire VI. Unless they break Tradition, there's only 1 space free.

I'd say it's either a CP Boost, since they like to put those every so often, or Superior 2. If it's a CP Boost, I'd say it will be in the middle of the other Gifts. If it's Sup2, it will be at the end.

Freeze came before tornado and quake. Flare was the last.

So, let's see what happens in 2 days.
My guess is that only 4 of the 7 BLM gifts are spells. The other 2 will come next gifts update.

It will go as such:

#1 - Stone VI
#2 - Random stat increase, like Physical Damage Taken -2 or something
#3 - Water VI
#4 - Superior II equipability
#5 - Aero VI
#6 - Capacity Point +5%
#7 - Fire VI
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-02-17 09:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Synergy Recipes - Adding new equipment related to elemental gorgets and belts. Added February 17, 2015
[+]
By Areayea 2015-02-17 10:14:47
Link | Citer | R

I've wondered why they've been so secretive about all of the new content. Usually they gloat and explain all the new bells and whistles however this time they're really holding back, I bet they want more people to come back so they get revenue back from all the bans they just did XD.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 10:23:31
Link | Citer | R

They said hailstorm ii so likely up to blizzard 6 too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-17 10:24:06
Link | Citer | R

if RDM's Bind II is like a true bind, one that doesn't break on physical damage,, that could be a pretty neat spell in the ol' arsenal.

Then again, its base duration will be 22 seconds, improved by gifts and augmented capes.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 10:33:10
Link | Citer | R

They never hinted at or mentioned bind 2. The picture of the rdm casting bind1 was probably referencing the enfeeb duration job point showcased in the video. Remember the bind picture was shown in the job point teaser, not the gift teaser, and new spells are gifts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-17 11:12:15
Link | Citer | R

So RDM get's put on the back end again?

k

as for this:
Quote:
My guess is that only 4 of the 7 BLM gifts are spells. The other 2 will come next gifts update.

It will go as such:

#1 - Stone VI
#2 - Random stat increase, like Physical Damage Taken -2 or something
#3 - Water VI
#4 - Superior II equipability#5 - Aero VI
#6 - Capacity Point +5%
#7 - Fire VI

They could really do some justice if they added some relevant stats like the bolded above/ PDTII - -3% would be an awesome addition to gifts. You know, I've grinded my JPs for hours on end, Give me something that I can build onto my current sets in a positive way.

The italicized, I lol'd, but I don't think it will come this update. Could be wrong, but much of the su1 gear wasn't even in the least bit superior, and the synths to craft them are horrible. They need to stop inaccurately naming things. 150 Job Points for me to equip something significantly better is not only really annoying (particularly for jobs I play less of), but its just crappy when the items aren't even worth the trouble.

Why couldn't they have made something cool like, adding a second Adoulin Rin obtainable with Su2. That would really make people want to grind those points.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 11:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
So RDM get's put on the back end again?

RDM just got 7 new spells just a few months ago. BLM, BRD, and SCH haven't gotten spells in years.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-17 12:52:00
Link | Citer | R

That's a legitimate point. I did forget that.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 12:58:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm excited for Threnody II. I feel like most BRDs neglect using lightning threnody on Stunnable mobs to extend the stun wall, or using light threnody to make it easier to lullaby mobs like tarus in Tenzen fight.
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-17 13:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Kinda wierd Fire6 incoming before Stone6 and up. Not sure what SE is thinking here or how they plan on moving forward with such.
Edit: Maybe I speak too soon w/o knowing facts or reading thread. If indeed other spells otw as well.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 13:11:31
Link | Citer | R

They simply showcased Fire 6. It would be a poor assumption to assume it's the only spell being released. Sch is getting Hailstorm which is the 5th in the elemental storm series, so BLM might be getting up to Blizzard VI until the next release of gifts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-02-17 13:19:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm glad for higher tier Threnodies, as I'm one of the few BRDs that use them religiously, especially for stunning, however, they are STILL neglecting the one spell we've wanted more than anything else for years. MASSACRE ELEGY!!

I'd say BRDs' collective yearning for that equals and possibly even tops NINs' want for a higher Jubaku.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-17 13:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Lol I'm not a red mage (yet), but I do like the job.
 Odin.Drittzz
Serveur: Odin
user: Dritzz
By Odin.Drittzz 2015-02-17 13:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else notice the "implemented" 2/17/15 note on the elemental gorgets/belts/obis under New Synergy recipes. My DB thanks you SE, lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-17 13:41:14
Link | Citer | R

i never once lost my love for rdm even during the dark times lol and selling goading belts was fun on rdm even during the dark times!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-17 13:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
I'm glad for higher tier Threnodies, as I'm one of the few BRDs that use them religiously, especially for stunning, however, they are STILL neglecting the one spell we've wanted more than anything else for years. MASSACRE ELEGY!!

I'd say BRDs' collective yearning for that equals and possibly even tops NINs' want for a higher Jubaku.

I would prefer a champion's march or a decent minuet as due to massive scale change with SoA, minuet static att got way behind the variable att from fury and chaos.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-17 13:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »

Considering how useless enfeebles have been since 75, are people really yearning for new ones? I certainly could care less if Nin got a new Jubaku because I'd still never use it. Give me a new spell that is actually good.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-17 14:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
i never once lost my love for rdm even during the dark times lol and selling goading belts was fun on rdm even during the dark times!
That would be a *** nightmare to spam lol

Red Mage soloing lacovie has like 2/15 blue procs each window lol

Im almost positive blue procs has almost no influence, if any, in goading belt drop rate.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-17 14:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
That would be a *** nightmare to spam lol

Red Mage soloing lacovie has like 2/15 blue procs each window lol

it wasnt so bad i would aeolian cleave ki's on 4 chars then shout was a good 12m or so per day plus i got to boss up on rdm
By Chyula 2015-02-17 14:54:52
Link | Citer | R

I got a feeling new prism obi will be SU2.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-17 15:10:09
Link | Citer | R

They already said that the level of the items will be the same.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-18 08:25:52
Link | Citer | R

So, when is the update? Feb 19th as in JP Feb 19, or Feb 19 as in US Feb 18?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7