Forum » Windower » Support » Ugh, chat log disappearing
Ugh, chat log disappearing
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-05 15:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Is this a windower issue or a square issue... kinda obnoxious, it only used to happen due to 2boxing, but now it happens pretty much every single time I try to check it while no longer 2boxing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-02-05 15:18:09
Link | Citer | R

pretty sure windower issue, never seen it
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-05 15:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Is this a windower issue or a square issue... kinda obnoxious, it only used to happen due to 2boxing, but now it happens pretty much every single time I try to check it while no longer 2boxing.

It's windower.

No fix is available.

Been like it for years.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-05 15:37:54
Link | Citer | R

I know it was due to 2boxing, but it never happened when solo boxing.... now its every single time... its gotten exponentially worse.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-05 16:26:01
Link | Citer | R

I know it was due to 2boxing, but it never happened when solo boxing.... now its every single time... its gotten exponentially worse.

Windower 5 might address this issue but thats not due for a while.
 Asura.Loire
Serveur: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-02-05 16:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Sandbox plugin used to help. Though it fails out eventually now while triboxing
 Odin.Terren
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2015-02-05 16:54:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't dual-box, and it happens to me occasionally, generally high-chat-spam areas like nyzul and delve. Can fix it with a quick logout. Sometimes I've even fixed it by turning on and off the new dual-chat window option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-05 16:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Terren said: »
I don't dual-box, and it happens to me occasionally, generally high-chat-spam areas like nyzul and delve. Can fix it with a quick logout. Sometimes I've even fixed it by turning on and off the new dual-chat window option.

The purpose is to read the chat log... if you log out and on, you still lose the chat log...

Don't care if it comes back , I know how to get it back, I want see the chat log without having to open up logger every time.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-05 16:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Terren said: »

The purpose is to read the chat log... if you log out and on, you still lose the chat log...

Don't care if it comes back , I know how to get it back, I want see the chat log without having to open up logger every time.

It is possible to remove the log box all to gether and keep a far more robust log using Lua (which I believe Windower 5 will use ehnce the customizeable chat boxes).

But thats a huge project and aint no one making that before win 5.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-02-05 17:13:14
Link | Citer | R

I get the same problems as you Valli, asked Barf about it, just tells me to use sandbox, but other than that, still issues, both while 2box and solo, so yeah, its gonna be a long while before this issue is resolved. Happens alot during fighting, salvage, exping and sometimes I even freeze up when looking at the chat logs lol, sucks. So hopefully in time byrth and the dev crew could come up with something, cause its kinda annoying.