[dev1255] New Job Points !!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1255] New Job Points !!!
[dev1255] New Job Points !!!
 Cerberus.Warviper
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-02-05 09:00:09
Link | Citer | R

[dev1255] New Job Points
Multiple new job point categories will be added to all jobs in the February version update.
-----
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the dev1255 tag.
(4)
Gildrein - Community Team

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45964

LOL LOL LOL LOL - How about giving us a bit more information!?? We already knew new JP categories where going to be added in the next update so why make a topic on playonline with this little no new information lol??? jeez...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-05 09:00:47
Link | Citer | R

We're at a point where the tiny picture on pol gives more info than the actual news posts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-02-05 09:05:27
Link | Citer | R

SE trolling skill rises .5
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 09:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
LOL LOL LOL LOL - How about giving us a bit more information!?? We already knew new JP categories where going to be added in the next update so why make a topic on playonline with this little no new information lol??? jeez...

Not trying to be an *** or anything...
But in that case why make a topic on FFXIAH "with this little no new information"?
[+]
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2015-02-05 10:06:50
Link | Citer | R

but now we have another image:

Looks like Either Slow III or lol-Bind II for RDM and another steal move for THF
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-02-05 10:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Craptaculous said: »

Looks like Either Slow III or lol-Bind II for RDM and another steal move for THF

That's Black Magic animation and Slow is white magic. That is only Bind. As for the picture above, I doubt it's a new spell/ability from today's news and image since it's "New Job Point Categories", but who knows
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 10:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Phoenix.Craptaculous said: »

That's Black Magic animation and Slow is white magic. That is only Bind. As for the picture above, I doubt it's a new spell/ability from today's news since it's "New Job Point Categories", but who knows what will turn out by then
They already stated that there will be new spells to be learned through the JP Gift system, and that they will be higher tiered.

They also stated that those without spells to cast would get new JAs too.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-05 10:22:36
Link | Citer | R

That stance is from casting a black magic spell, plus the animation does look like bind, so it's most likely portraying Bind II than Slow III.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-05 10:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Maybe its a Bind Damage Limit JP. You know raising the amount of damage a target can take before bind breaks?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-05 10:28:58
Link | Citer | R

That'd be kinda neat, like a job point category raising particular Engfeebling effects? Also, NIN has spells, so maybe Utsusemi: San finally?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 10:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
so maybe Utsusemi: San finally
You know that they will either screw up Utsusemi: San to either be the same number of shadows but longer recast timer, or absorbs one multi-hit ability (kindof like SAM's 1hr) but you can't have any other forms of shadows up either.

For barance!
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-02-05 10:50:12
Link | Citer | R

It could be bind duration
Bind dmg threshold

Bind 2, additional ranks decrease the chance to break

Or it could be just something silly like enfeebling acc/cast time/duration and they just choose to show the rdm casting bind.

Since they have given us 0 info, and just a silly picture, gonna go with SE be trollin
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-02-05 10:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Maybe its a Bind Damage Limit JP. You know raising the amount of damage a target can take before bind breaks?

JP Category : Bind Effect
Raise the amount of damage foes can take before Bind effect wears off by one

x/10
[+]
By Chyula 2015-02-05 11:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »

JP Category : Bind Effect
Raise the amount of damage foes can take before Bind effect wears off by one

x/10

im going with
bind II: occassionally not land
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2015-02-05 11:09:12
Link | Citer | R

lol ya my bad, I was only going to say Bind II only but just didn't want to say one for sure. I'm not elvaan and don't pay attention to how other people's characters are flailing about casting spells lol.

If increases dmg threshold for bind breaking, that could be interesting, but depends on how much I guess.

Anyway, yes, SE up to their usual poking trolling/Sasquatch tactics as usual lol. As I mentioned in other posts SE>>"Hey Guyz! We got you new stuff!!! But we ain't tellin ya /teehee (~ºOº)~" Players>>"(>.>)"

Also, I see now along with new spells, also more augments to current JA (I was shocked and focused on that whole new elemental spells via JP thing lol). I don't know what animation that is for THF in that pic, but odds are an improvement on that specific JA, whether it be ACC or success or something. Maybe buffs stolen if it's Aura Steal?
By Chyula 2015-02-05 11:15:03
Link | Citer | R

i hope that new thf JA is increase 10% c.rate or more because thf need a buff.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-05 11:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »
i hope that new thf JA is increase 10% c.rate crit. Hit dmg or more because thf need a buff.
[+]
 Siren.Noxzema
Serveur: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-02-05 18:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone make out what the RDM is casting on? Maybe it's not actually Bind thats getting a boost, but maybe it's a mini-stymie? (similar to Apogee is a mini AC for SMNs)
I'm not a RDM but I'm hoping for more than just a enhanced bind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-05 18:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Can anyone make out what the RDM is casting on? Maybe it's not actually Bind thats getting a boost, but maybe it's a mini-stymie? (similar to Apogee is a mini AC for SMNs)

It's Slow 2 animation, but it's purple instead of goldenish. It's a clock. See the hour hand pointing to about 8:00ish? That's what Slow 2 looks like. that "hour hand" rotates around the circle during the Slow II animation.

Now I'm not saying this is Slow III, since it's a job point category, it could be just an enhancement to Slow 2. It might be Slow III, or adding an extra effect to Slow II, who knows.

THF one I don't recognize off the top of my head, though. Maybe Aura Steal? I don't remember what the effect of it looks like on screen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-05 18:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Double post, sorry. -.-
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-05 19:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Siren.Noxzema said: »

It's Slow 2 animation, but it's purple instead of goldenish. It's a clock. See the hour hand pointing to about 8:00ish? That's what Slow 2 looks like. that "hour hand" rotates around the circle during the Slow II animation.

Now I'm not saying this is Slow III, since it's a job point category, it could be just an enhancement to Slow 2. It might be Slow III, or adding an extra effect to Slow II, who knows.

THF one I don't recognize off the top of my head, though. Maybe Aura Steal? I don't remember what the effect of it looks like on screen.

Don't be foolish, Slow is White Magic. Look more closely at how the Red Mage is casting it. It doesn't just resemble Bind, it's literally is Bind. These are job points not gifts. It could be a "increases bind duration" job point, or "decreases chance that bind will break from damage -%".

The THF JA on the right is Despoil, and if the job points enhancing it are anything like Steal or Mug, it will be either a recast reduction, or steal some kind of attribute based on total dex and agi, likely TP.
By Lyncath 2015-02-05 19:38:02
Link | Citer | R

So we're just getting pictures now?

Yeah, nice.
By Nazrious 2015-02-05 19:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Lyncath said: »
So we're just getting pictures now?

Yeah, nice.

You can infer so much from them, after all a picture is worth a 1000 words. In JP terms with all the side meanings and meanings couched within meanings that 1 picture is like an entire novel of information!
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-05 19:52:14
Link | Citer | R

How can so many people who spend so much time on this forum (and say they like this game) not know that the Elvaan in that picture is using the BLACK MAGIC animation. . .
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 19:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
How can so many people who spend so much time on this forum (and say they like this game) not know that the Elvaan in that picture is using the BLACK MAGIC animation. . .

Wait I thought (s)he was singing a song?
 Siren.Sieha
Serveur: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-05 20:16:35
Link | Citer | R

same way they thought a mnk doing a maat fight was cheating on a private server if they had a water elemental pet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-05 20:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Because NO ONE LIKES ELVAANS....
[+]