Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu No F Offical Freeza Song (METAL)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F Offical Freeza Song (METAL)
Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F Offical Freeza Song (METAL)
By Hankeypanky 2015-01-11 00:13:12
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

The offical Song in the new movie.
By Hankeypanky 2015-01-11 00:28:30
Link | Citer | R

Lyrics Translated http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858766942/

Eternal life.
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 00:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, it's hard to top the original japanese or orchestrated ost. The american dub had a terrible soundtrack.

This is the best frieza theme imo, it's more menacing. Japanese faux-rock doesn't match well for dbz.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5lknw7DLB4
By Hankeypanky 2015-01-11 01:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Honestly, it's hard to top the original japanese or orchestrated ost. The american dub had a terrible soundtrack.

This is the best frieza theme imo, it's more menacing. Japanese faux-rock doesn't match well for dbz.

These soundtracks are Namek Saga in the original i really think.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-01-11 01:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »

Uhhh.. F**K you the american soundtrack was amazing and way more memorable

Bruce Faulconer is amazing
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-11 01:52:51
Link | Citer | R

The US OST is purely disgusting, really. Growing with the JP/FR OST, everyone can sing along with you, meet JP people, can sing with them.

Then, Youtube comes out, do research on Youtube to watch again my favourite DBZ moments, what do I get? US version results. I was a bit curious so I listened to the whole US OST. That was seriously bad, I have no idea how someone can like it over JP/others without summoning their nostalgia.
Then again, the US was 10 years late to the party and for some reason they didn't know much about it before that, they didn't know any better than these bad music that failed to bring a tear to people's eyes when it was needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwXtuPYqHgI
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebyKpo6A9s

Why you even posted to argue about that baffles me. Stale as ***.
By Hankeypanky 2015-01-11 01:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Apparently this is A solid leak
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 02:27:52
Link | Citer | R

The Jp version had the best trunks theme too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amoDb03Pd9c

If you watch the Kai or US dub, its some lame church bell crap. Bruce Falcouner used way too much church bell in his ost. Literally everyone one of his themes had a bell in it.
By Refia1 2015-01-11 02:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
The US OST is purely disgusting, really. Growing with the JP/FR OST, everyone can sing along with you, meet JP people, can sing with them.

Then, Youtube comes out, do research on Youtube to watch again my favourite DBZ moments, what do I get? US version results. I was a bit curious so I listened to the whole US OST. That was seriously bad, I have no idea how someone can like it over JP/others without summoning their nostalgia.
Then again, the US was 10 years late to the party and for some reason they didn't know much about it before that, they didn't know any better than these bad music that failed to bring a tear to people's eyes when it was needed.

vs

I found the JP soundtrack more disgusting. Goku sounds like a little girl in the jp ver too lolz
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-01-11 02:58:10
Link | Citer | R

All other music from the English DBZ soundtrack could be garbage but this song defined it for me:
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 03:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Japanese ost had melodies and themes, US ost is just church bells/gongs and generic heavy metal.

Only good US dub song was this imo.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 03:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Awful. Why do Americans ruin everything great by changing it from its original version and making it less violent, less sexual, less offensive, and making it cornier, X-treme, or more culturally relevant by dropping in crappy rock or rap songs. The only animes in my opinion which are better in dub are Cowboy Bebop and Golden Boy. Otherwise dubs change character personalities way too much from the original, at least Steven Blum actually improved Cowboy Bebop's dub and the golden boy dub was sillier than the japanese.

The english dbz dub voices were so grating. Goku was supposed to sound feminine and childish(thats why a girl voiced him in jp dub) because he's supposed to be a man-boy, with a naive personality. Vegeta with a british accent is cringe-worthy. Probably only frieza had a good voice(Genkai from yu yu hakusho!) becuse Frieza is adrogenous and kind of effeminate
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-11 03:39:35
Link | Citer | R

anyone know the official release date of the new movie for freeza ? I really enjoyed Battle of the Gods , will there be a English dub to ? I do not mind subtitles just wondering.
 Bahamut.Souf
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Souf
By Bahamut.Souf 2015-01-11 06:32:20
Link | Citer | R

vs

This is the proof of how great DB is. Even with this meh dub and the carnage on the BSO, the english version still managed to draw a legion of fans.
Of course the original version is the best, but as everyone I prefer the dub on my own language.

If you dub something go all the way and dub the song too :P
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-11 07:08:51
Link | Citer | R

I've always found Kai to be the most superior of the English dubs but people are far too stuck on the Nostalgia train to realise, I've even out-grown the Falconer dub now, just doesn't seem Dragonball anymore, especially after watching Dragonball where they actually used the Japanese music but I will stick to this one purely for nostalgia reasons:

As for the Japanese, it's probably alright but if the english dub is good enough I always go with that so the japanese version always sounded odd to me and frankly Goku's voice always pissed me off.

But anyway, still looking forward to this new movie even if all likelyhood we'll have to wait like a year or whatever it was for an English dub after the JP version is released.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-11 08:23:51
Link | Citer | R

First off there's more than 1 English dub, but if we're talking about the Funimation dub with Bruce Faulconer music, it is superior.

However the Piccolo from the Ocean dub is nice.

The iconic "it's over 9000" was a screw up on the Ocean's dub iirc as well.

Canada/UK got a different English dub for the most part if I understand right, due to their laws.

As for editing: the Ocean dub was heavily modified, pretty sure they left most of the Funimation dub untouched as far as that goes though, but it's been awhile since I read it all, and that's if the information was accurate, however I know the Ocean dub was more edited than the Funimation one.

The Japanese dub is horrible to watch, kind of like the JP dub of Yu Yu Hakusho is horrible to watch.

edit: I normally prefer Japanese dubbing, but at times it's done well in English.

I still can't watch Bleach or Naruto with English dubs though, /shudder.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-11 08:46:35
Link | Citer | R

vs

That's not even the right English dub scene, it's been modified...

Personally though, I find the JP song they played in that scene to be severely out of place, the sound is just totally wrong for the scene. Not to mention it being annoying, and overbearing on the scene.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-11 13:06:34
Link | Citer | R

>overbearing
It's perfectly QQ inducing when you should be feeling that way. Pretty simple.
Meanwhile, English version that came out a decade later focuses on "WE ARE STRONG MURRICAN, WE NEED A BADASS SONG" but it falls flat as the song is so stale it hurts. It literally makes the event go unnoticed, just as if it was a normal event. I honestly can't tell the difference between Yamcha dying to a Sabaimen and this.

I personally watched the FR dub mostly, and even now, I'd watch FR dub rather than JP as JP is only good for a few voices in my mind, while French is spot on for most if not all voices. French OST is litrerally the JP one without the voices, except for the Bardock theme and the main ones. It actually makes the SSJ2 scene feel different from the JP one, making it worth watching too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gG9IwZFhHo

Dat 80's JP music anyway, it defined every animes back then, it's not just DBZ, Saint Seiya, City Hunter and others, they all had the same touch that made them feel familiar.

Oh and as said above, the JP Trunks theme is mental, and when you think of Freeza, even when reading the manga, the JP theme comes to mind.
But once again, as said above, when it comes to this kind of thing, you have to go full nostalgia, which removes any objectivity. Personally, I started watching/reading DBZ when it came out in Japan as I had access to every of its animes/mangas when they came out, so I can hardly not see the JP/FR OST/dubs as the true ones.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 13:21:48
Link | Citer | R

I watched the French and I highly respect French people a lot more now. The voices weren't strained, and Android 16 actually said Son Gohan, which is his full name. The English dub never mentions that Goku's family name(last name) is Son, so typically Japanese people say the family name first, followed by first name. So Ichigo Kurosaki is how Ichigo is referred to in English, but characters in jp refer to him as Kurosaki, Ichigo. The fact that the French version not only mentions the last names but uses it in the proper japanese format of Last - First, wins my admiration and respect.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-11 14:35:03
Link | Citer | R

It mainly comes from a difference in how the industries works.

Whether we like them or not, the voices from French animes back in the 80s and 90s are from actual actors. Voice acting doesn't exist, if we speak from an actor point of view, it literally doesn't exist. There is acting, that's all.

So basically, back then, in France, the voice actors were actors who had done many theatrical works, movies and so on, and were overall respected actors. They went to try voice acting as it was curious and it was also more money when they had no work. In the end, even if a voice isn't on point, the acting is still good in itself (the way they speak is really good).

Nowadays, the same people still do the voice acting for the new animes, though they did add new actors as the demand increased and the old crew (15 people or so) couldn't do it all.
But even then, you need to be a proper actor with a back story in order to voice a character whether it's in a movie or an anime.

I know some people in the US who work as voice actors. Have they ever worked as an actor? Nope. Never. They just got there because they followed a voice acting career, directly, as schools for voice acting started to appear, or because they had the right people in their surroundings. Those schools are mostly a scam for the reason I gave above.

Example of a person who used to be my coworker when she dubbed Ahri in LoL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Post

She has 0 acting experience, she merely has a voice, that's it.
So while I still respect her work (Ahri's voice is good, for example), it's still not acting, she's merely producing a voice that most girls on teamspeak/ventrilo are producing when they want to arouse the teenagers they play with. Stale.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 14:46:48
Link | Citer | R

There are a few good american voice actors. Liam obrien(the voice of kain Highwind in dissidia/ff4) and Steven Blum(cowboy bebop, samurai champloo.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-11 14:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, there are actually decent ones, but the thing is, unless your main language is English or you are forced to listen to it in English, nobody that matches these 2 situations will listen to it willingly.

French voices for Naruto are pretty bad, same for the Japanese ones, for example, that's probably why I only read the manga and never watched the anime past 2 episodes. I have big troubles getting into nowadays animes most of the time compared to the stuff from the 80s/90s.
By Hankeypanky 2015-01-12 03:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
anyone know the official release date of the new movie for freeza ? I really enjoyed Battle of the Gods , will there be a English dub to ? I do not mind subtitles just wondering.

April 2015
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-12 03:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Hankeypanky said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

April 2015
If the JP release date is April 2015, an English dub is going to be September 2016 going by BoG standards, the dub came out a year and 5 months after the JP release for BoG.
By Hankeypanky 2015-01-12 03:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Greatest DBZ Theme Ever you know if you played the game.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-12 17:36:48
Link | Citer | R

>overbearing
It's perfectly QQ inducing when you should be feeling that way. Pretty simple.
Meanwhile, English version that came out a decade later focuses on "WE ARE STRONG MURRICAN, WE NEED A BADASS SONG" but it falls flat as the song is so stale it hurts. It literally makes the event go unnoticed, just as if it was a normal event. I honestly can't tell the difference between Yamcha dying to a Sabaimen and this.

I personally watched the FR dub mostly, and even now, I'd watch FR dub rather than JP as JP is only good for a few voices in my mind, while French is spot on for most if not all voices. French OST is litrerally the JP one without the voices, except for the Bardock theme and the main ones. It actually makes the SSJ2 scene feel different from the JP one, making it worth watching too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gG9IwZFhHo

Dat 80's JP music anyway, it defined every animes back then, it's not just DBZ, Saint Seiya, City Hunter and others, they all had the same touch that made them feel familiar.

Oh and as said above, the JP Trunks theme is mental, and when you think of Freeza, even when reading the manga, the JP theme comes to mind.
But once again, as said above, when it comes to this kind of thing, you have to go full nostalgia, which removes any objectivity. Personally, I started watching/reading DBZ when it came out in Japan as I had access to every of its animes/mangas when they came out, so I can hardly not see the JP/FR OST/dubs as the true ones.

Well for starters that's your opinion, and not everyone agrees with that. Personally I find the JP song to suck hardcore, and there's nothing sad about 16's "death" to me. Not to even mention that considering you didn't even grab the right video for the Funimation dub of the scene, your opinion falls rather flat.

Yamcha's death had more meaning to me really.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-12 17:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I actually liked both the english goku and the JP one, they both got to convey his demeanor decently.
Which? lol...