users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Caitsith » Help in Getting to Zaval Keep
Help in Getting to Zaval Keep
 Caitsith.Runningman
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Runningman 2009-08-17 17:12:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to get from Zaval Baileys to Zaval Keep for Blm Af2 and have so far been unable to find my way there. Is there a trick in getting there? I've reviewed the maps but am unable to open the gate when I get to what should be the right spot.

Thanks for your help,
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-17 18:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Runningman said:
I'm trying to get from Zaval Baileys to Zaval Keep for Blm Af2 and have so far been unable to find my way there. Is there a trick in getting there? I've reviewed the maps but am unable to open the gate when I get to what should be the right spot.

Thanks for your help,

You cannot open the gate, need to walk through basement and you'll find your way there, it's not complicated really.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-17 18:29:53
Link | Citer | R

Going to try to explain as best I can without drawing out literal routes on the maps. Hopefully it halps. D:

User submitted image

First map: Use the route @G-7 to get to the steps @F-7 in order to get past the gate where Dark Spark is, which will lead you to the next map.

User submitted image

Second Map: As you can see on the map there's 3 routes all packed into the area marked "A", and you'll be on the top of the 3 routes allowing you to the top section of the map. In the center of the map you can see there's a route leading straight to the Keep. In order to get there you need to be able to get to the steps in the very bottom-left of H-7 which means coming from the outside path of the map to the inside via the 4 different corners of the 2nd map that each have steps. You should be able to reach the path needed by using either the top-right corner or the top-left corner, but one of them will run you into blocked paths so it's trial and error in this instance. As long as you know where you need to get to it's just a matter of figuring out which path to take. I'd be more specific, but I haven't personally done this in awhile. lol Good luck!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-17 18:38:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh thank you, I've always was on follow when getting to the Keep since it's difficult to just 'wing' your way there. I'll just use these maps and your directions, and draw arrows! lol
 Caitsith.Runningman
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Runningman 2009-08-17 19:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for your help! I'll try tonight if I have time. Part of the problem is that I haven't quested the map, but I am using ffxi to view the maps as a substitute. However, I end up dropping somewhere where I automatically get aggroed even as a 75 mnk and end up dying. :(
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-08-17 19:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Oh thank you, I've always was on follow when getting to the Keep since it's difficult to just 'wing' your way there. I'll just use these maps and your directions, and draw arrows! lol

How sad, maybe if you spent less time on these forums and on ffxiclopedia or ffxiatlas you wouldn't have to be that "i dun no way guyz can i followz?"
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-17 19:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Kaioshin said:
Haseyo said:

How sad, maybe if you spent less time on these forums and on ffxiclopedia or ffxiatlas you wouldn't have to be that "i dun no way guyz can i followz?"

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-08-17 19:32:15
Link | Citer | R

lol no one i just thought it was funny that you always followed in that zone, your always posting your 2cents up in here, I would have thought you'd be a know it all is all. Was just playful chat ^^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-17 19:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Me? A know-it-all?
Yeah right, I don't even post in gear threads, or any "advice" threads unless it's dead-obvious ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-17 20:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Runningman said:
Thanks for your help! I'll try tonight if I have time. Part of the problem is that I haven't quested the map, but I am using ffxi to view the maps as a substitute. However, I end up dropping somewhere where I automatically get aggroed even as a 75 mnk and end up dying. :(
You're welcome! I think I have a cure-all, too! lol As long as you're on PC and using a Windower (SE's or unofficial) and feel comfortable with this, you can try a 3rd-party program called Apradar. It's a program that shows you the map of the zone you're in as well as your position and the position of mobs within your field of vision. You can also filter out specific NPC/PCs including items and monsters/NMs. Very helpful overall! If this isn't an option, then all I can say is sub /nin and keep sneak/invis up permnanently. xD

Details on Apradar here: http://forums.windower.net/topic/8870-apradar-v2/

The area where you're falling is likely the drop-points at each of the 4 corners on Map #2. They each have a drop in the center and depending on where you drop from, will either dump you in the middle of a ton of mobs or onto a ledge in order to get to possible Treasure Coffer pops. :3
 Kujata.Aurica
Serveur: Kujata
user: Cartman
By Kujata.Aurica 2009-08-17 20:56:34
Link | Citer | R

You also want to make sure that you actually have your key with you. It sure would suck to make it all the way up to the correct door only to realize that you don't have the Whine Cellar key.
 Alexander.Auronius
Serveur: Alexander
user: auro
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-18 14:03:11
Link | Citer | R

I learned 2 things from this thread:

-Doing a google search is harder than starting a forum thread.

-Looking up how to spell the topic of that thread is a waste of time.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 14:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:

gives me ideas for traps >.>;