Forum » Windower » Support » Cant cast cure
Cant cast cure
 Sylph.Keya
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Keya
By Sylph.Keya 2014-12-14 20:47:29
Link | Citer | R

A friend of mine has a problem. When they cast something like paralyna , haste ect ,.. and then go to cure the cure wont cast right away its delayed. does anyone know what could be causing this?
Thank you.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-14 20:50:40
Link | Citer | R

friend using gearswap ?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 20:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Keya said: »
A friend of mine has a problem. When they cast something like paralyna , haste ect ,.. and then go to cure the cure wont cast right away its delayed. does anyone know what could be causing this?
Thank you.

Your friend needs to get batter at making macros.

If he's using a gearswap he could use mine, has 0 issues that would tell him it's something his end and not any 3rd party tools.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-14 20:54:30
Link | Citer | R

gs been a bit off lately i been trying to track the problem down is why i asked if using gs
 Sylph.Keya
By Sylph.Keya 2014-12-14 20:54:38
Link | Citer | R

It was working fine till the update then got this problem
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 21:00:34
Link | Citer | R

I get that, simply stating that I have a GS for WHM that causes 0 issues and if he does use Gearswap, then he could use mine and see if it helps.

if it doesn't it could be another addon affecting gearswap and might be best to just unload everything and re load one by one till you ID it.

Conagh's Gearswap Files (Not a complete list)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-14 21:01:57
Link | Citer | R

i have a feeling it's shortcuts again

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 21:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Nikia said: »
They are using my GS, I dont see how it could be something in my code but never know.

If anyone wants to audit one of my files let me know and I will pastebin a updated copy.

Do you still play? and use this GS, if you do then it probably isn't that.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 22:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
They are using my GS, I dont see how it could be something in my code but never know.

If anyone wants to audit one of my files let me know and I will pastebin a updated copy.

Do you still play? and use this GS, if you do then it probably isn't that.

Yeah i use it daily, I am no code expert. I know a fair bit but also ton I muddle through.
I worry alot also, so now worried it could be something in my code that acts up from time to time...

Have to explain this next bit since when I notice it, it is very brief and I am never sure if did glitch.
However seems some times I can hit a macro and I see the animation for it but then it just disappears without ever completing.
Any one ever experience that?

I do assume the lag I get from time to time with WS(s) etc is from high lag.

That is a connection issue not Gearswap related
 Asura.Kaoriasada
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-14 23:09:10
Link | Citer | R

I posted this on the community chat when you ask, but perhaps you didn't see it. In any case, I have had/have this problem a lot in my past and present. In my situations, my character will stay in the "casting" motion, but it won't have any of the casting effects like the bubbles or the sparkles. I can't cast any magic until I move my character. It only happens with White Magic, and it happens sporadically. Is your friend using any third party programs like windower and ashita, and if so, which? I don't know if it's the same problem, but it sounds similar to mine, although it's never been a huge issue for me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-14 23:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaoriasada said: »
I posted this on the community chat when you ask, but perhaps you didn't see it. In any case, I have had/have this problem a lot in my past and present. In my situations, my character will stay in the "casting" motion, but it won't have any of the casting effects like the bubbles or the sparkles. I can't cast any magic until I move my character. It only happens with White Magic, and it happens sporadically. Is your friend using any third party programs like windower and ashita, and if so, which? I don't know if it's the same problem, but it sounds similar to mine, although it's never been a huge issue for me.

Known issue with midaction() if you use it to cancel spells, a 10 second timer was added to stop this causing action packet issues where game thought you were casting magic but you were not because you midcast prior.

As such it sends a packet to the GS but GS only thinks you are finished casting when server sends a packet back saying casting done, because you never actually casted - no return packet means - every action/spell you cast is cancelled.

Moving simply probably waited the 10 second timer built into GS (since the issue was flagged a week ago).

If you use Midaction() for a cancel rule, take it out:3
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-15 00:16:01
Link | Citer | R

I've been having a lot of odd issues lately with casting delay being greater than the normal window between casting on BRD. It's annoying... and most prominent on cures as well. I use mote's gearswap and I don't think it is the file(IMO.)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-15 00:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Nyruul said: »
I've been having a lot of odd issues lately with casting delay being greater than the normal window between casting on BRD. It's annoying... and most prominent on cures as well. I use mote's gearswap and I don't think it is the file(IMO.)
I've never used Motes (bar DNC and THF) so I couldn't comment but it does some strange things on the JP client version of the game.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-15 15:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Known issue with midaction() if you use it to cancel spells, a 10 second timer was added to stop this causing action packet issues where game thought you were casting magic but you were not because you midcast prior.

As such it sends a packet to the GS but GS only thinks you are finished casting when server sends a packet back saying casting done, because you never actually casted - no return packet means - every action/spell you cast is cancelled.

Moving simply probably waited the 10 second timer built into GS (since the issue was flagged a week ago).

If you use Midaction() for a cancel rule, take it out:3

I don't use gearswap and I don't use Windower either
By cervelo84 2014-12-15 16:29:21
Link | Citer | R

game is 13 years old.... fast actions are not expected....

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-15 17:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Josiah Monstruo said: »
I don't use gearswap and I don't use Windower either
windower is definitely worth your time if you afk a lot; recording chat data or event times in a text document so you never miss important messages ftw without cluttering up your experience

I use Ashita :) It logs everything too, but thanks
[+]
 Sylph.Keya
By Sylph.Keya 2014-12-23 11:38:47
Link | Citer | R

cervelo84 said: »
game is 13 years old.... fast actions are not expected....

Tell that to the dd that didnt get a cure.
woops sorry your hp droped to zero.