Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-10 09:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Ilevel isn't bad.

It's just not for me. If you like it, awesome.

How long ilevel stuck in 119? You should be having a blast with all these side grades right now.

I liked being stuck at 75. I even kind of liked being stuck at 99. I quit before the ilvl system really got off the ground, so I wouldn't know.

I really wished I liked it, to be honest.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-10 09:59:40
Link | Citer | R

All we need are more log in campaigns continue to play the game everything is fine. I repeat everything is fine.

You need this in your life:

[+]
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-10 10:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
I think SoA could have been a good expansion but iLVL ***all over the game. Hard-core players saw years of work go down the drain,
See also: Abyssea?
I agree. Aby had some people leave, but realistically SoA made the entire world of ffxi moot. While aby overpowered us with its gear, there were still pieces in lower level lands that were useful and still farmed/camped. Some content was still challenging. Once ilvl hit... I remember before I let my sub die, standing in town thinking.. Where can I go, what can I do? Campaign? The past? Nah. No challenge there. Temple of ugh. Sky? Nah. Nothing of value there. Sea...? Nope. All these places and yet nowhere to enjoy. It was enabling God mode on doom. It was fun, then I beat the game. And tht was that. Now I did have a good endgame ls before I left but we were constantly having issues with people not logging on to do events. It was the same stuff every weekend. VD DM, or something. Got boring. I played ffxi to explore. To get one shot by a mob I didn't know was around the corner. To actually NEED the call for help button. Lol

Valid points. This is the state my shell is in. We burned out on DM and now it's hard getting a group together.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 10:04:57
Link | Citer | R

They pulled out all the stops with the campaigns this time around, Dev team must be exhausted after the content they're pumping.

I wouldn't expect much next time!
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-10 10:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
If there's anything dead about FFXI, it's finding gear below lv 80. To say nothing about below lv 50. (specifically the good equipment and not just random junk with a defense number attached)

You'll take those defense numbers and you'll like it!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-10 10:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
They pulled out all the stops with the campaigns this time around, Dev team must be exhausted after the content they're pumping.

I wouldn't expect much next time!

Don't worry we got some new fabulous prizes for our loyal fan base.

Just look at this amazing shield:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 10:12:30
Link | Citer | R

I think SoA could have been a good expansion but iLVL ***all over the game. Hard-core players saw years of work go down the drain, and quit. Then a flood of gear that was useful until the next update, then trashed. Tbh I don't understand Wtf the point of iLVL was.... 99 player vs lvl 113 mob... ILVL 119 vs 123 mob... Could have left us at 99 and still introduced everything in SoA without a problem. In a game this old, drastic changes made aren't necessarily gonna be a good idea.

After ilevel 119 nothing else was trashed. Yaoyolt helm is still used isn't it? Miki body can be used for accuracy against tree. U wanna sit on top ur relic 99 forever?

People keep saying each update will absolete the last update and now 10 updates later we still using yaoyolt helm. Maybe if se introduce ilevel 119 mythic Relic empry same time as oat and tsu people won't be so hurt.

I know se insulted/disrespected all the people who put in hard work on their 99 weapons but they did try to make it right by 119ing them. It's like a Childish bf who their gf accidentally said you suck in bed and then nothing the gf can do to make it up to them. (I have to use this example lol)
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 10:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Ilevel isn't bad.

It's just not for me. If you like it, awesome.

How long ilevel stuck in 119? You should be having a blast with all these side grades right now.

I liked being stuck at 75. I even kind of liked being stuck at 99. I quit before the ilvl system really got off the ground, so I wouldn't know.

I really wished I liked it, to be honest.

May I ask whats so fun to do at level 99 so I can understand better?
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-10 10:16:02
Link | Citer | R

having read your previous post, I doubt we'll come to any understanding.
 Cerberus.Makira
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-11-10 10:16:52
Link | Citer | R

I think SoA could have been a good expansion but iLVL ***all over the game. Hard-core players saw years of work go down the drain, and quit. Then a flood of gear that was useful until the next update, then trashed. Tbh I don't understand Wtf the point of iLVL was.... 99 player vs lvl 113 mob... ILVL 119 vs 123 mob... Could have left us at 99 and still introduced everything in SoA without a problem. In a game this old, drastic changes made aren't necessarily gonna be a good idea.

After ilevel 119 nothing else was trashed. Yaoyolt helm is still used isn't it? Miki body can be used for accuracy against tree. U wanna sit on top ur relic 99 forever?

People keep saying each update will absolete the last update and now 10 updates later we still using yaoyolt helm. Maybe if se introduce ilevel 119 mythic Relic empry same time as oat and tsu people won't be so hurt.

I know se insulted/disrespected all the people who put in hard work on their 99 weapons but they did try to make it right by 119ing them. It's like a Childish bf who their gf accidentally said you suck in bed and then nothing the gf can do to make it up to them. (I have to use this example lol)

Unfortunately, like someone else already said, people will continue to ***. If they play or not apparently. The rings from completing Seekers are nice though. But even then there's "WHY I NO CAN HAZ ALL."
 Bismarck.Osaia
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-11-10 10:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Makira said: »

Unfortunately, like someone else already said, people will continue to ***. If they play or not apparently. The rings from completing Seekers are nice though. But even then there's "WHY I NO CAN HAZ ALL."

Let me see if I can break this down for u. Levels are numbers. They scale. Examples. 75 vs lvl 80+ tiamat. Lvl 99 vs lvl 105 tiamat. Lvl 119 vs lvl 125 tiamat. Raising levels gives you a FEELING of progression. Did u truly progress? Somewhat. But the monsters did too... So u really in the same spot. It's like making a cake. Calls for 3 cups of sugar, feeds 5. To make it a bigger cake, u scale the ingredients, feeds more people. Still the same cake, just bigger. Now let's apply this to ffxi. Let's use your relic 99 as a example. Leave us 99, add Stat vomit. Voila. Buffed. Slight increase in power to players, rest of vanadiel still valid, enemies somewhat easier to kill. Add in Buffed mobs to combat player power up. Game on. Now let's look at Ilvl. Add gear tht makes the players inherently stronger than all pre soa bosses, previous content invalidated, only soa content worthwhile and challenging. By ur own wording u say after 119 no content was made moot. Yao helm still good now, but that's one piece of gear. Anyone still using Ying yang robe. Do u even know what it is? Last time u killed arch omega? Jol? Keeper of halidom...? No expansion makes the other 90 percent of the game worthless... Unless u a collector there is generally no reason to go anywhere else in vana unless there's a boss fight there.
By volkom 2014-11-10 10:43:21
Link | Citer | R

felt like this belongs in threads like these /shrug

[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-11-10 10:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Btw I'm not bitching. I took a break until they release emp armor 119. Was not a whole lot of reason to keep doing sidegrade armor when the real meat and potatoes was coming. Yeeeeeeeeeeah, let me keep tuning up the Volkswagen Beetle for 2 more horsepower when my Ferrari being delivered next week...
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-10 10:48:20
Link | Citer | R

The iLVL thing only exists because all the math on the game would need to be reworked for it to be possible to make stuff work at 99+ without hitting the "hard caps".

It's like digitizing a sound stream on a computer. If you store it in 16 bits, the computer can compute only 65536 values. So you need to store a waveform you need a central point so you use the last bit to store if the waveform is positive or negative then it becomes +/-32768. That's your "resolution" anything more than that and the waveform will "clip" on the gauge, making it look flat at the top or at the bottom. It's the same logic they do on some FF games with the 9999 max dmg you have to beat some quest or get special weapon to get past of.

Still on a 16-bit FF game you can't make damage bigger than 65535. On 8 bit coding the top limit it's 255. (but the NES could work 16 bit data too lol)

This stuff was discussed by the devs when they first announced adoulin.
[+]
By Gravionblack 2014-11-10 10:52:37
Link | Citer | R

I still find it funny that everyone complaining about the new stuff that has come out are the same people who were complaining before that they had beat EVERYTHING in the game and now they have nothing to do.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashiya
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2014-11-10 10:55:32
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
felt like this belongs in threads like these /shrug

This ^ but on an FFXI server FB page, I've never felt more annoyed to hear a person who quit, still complain, and discourage people who want to come back for nostalgia sake =_=
[+]
 Cerberus.Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-11-10 10:57:56
Link | Citer | R

According to previous posts in said thread this isn't FFXI forums, they are just forums... even though this one is specifically about FFXI <.<;;
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 11:08:56
Link | Citer | R

According to previous posts in said thread this isn't FFXI forums, they are just forums... even though this one is specifically about FFXI <.<;;

I said it was more than a forum specifically for FFXI. If this forums rules were only FFXI-related things, this forum would be hilariously dead at this point, like the very game this forum hosts, and you would have had no place to beg people to pay for your vocation.

As it turns out, you were able to beg people to pay for your vocation, and from what you told me in the PM, you came out with free $160, how nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 11:12:27
Link | Citer | R

I mean, there are many people who don't play this game anymore, but still make comments in the social threads. I guess you're now going go tell them to stop posting, because they don't play FFXI?
By volkom 2014-11-10 11:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Gravionblack said: »
I still find it funny that everyone complaining about the new stuff that has come out are the same people who were complaining before that they had beat EVERYTHING in the game and now they have nothing to do.

I too find it funny(not funny haha but funny weird) that people who complain that they've done 'EVERYTHING' really haven't done that much. A person who's done it all should have everything capped, all rme weapons, clears on every battlefield,mission,arena, all quests complete, all titles, atmas etc. Not just having 1-2 good weapons and an absurd amount of 'situational' (decent-to-great) gear sets for a few jobs.

I can understand someone trying to be a top tier player and only focusing on 1-3 jobs and getting/doing everything imaginable with that but don't say you've done it all and there's nothing to do.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-10 11:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing is, old game, old discussion, old arguments but never cease to catch attention from current players, ffxiv players, quitters, etc.

All you need is 3 lines bitching after an update (normal), a provocative title and here we go, 4 pages discussions, and we still can go for more like 8.
[+]
 Cerberus.Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-11-10 11:18:23
Link | Citer | R

I said it was more than a forum specifically for FFXI. If this forums rules were only FFXI-related things, this forum would be hilariously dead at this point, like the very game this forum hosts, and you would have had no place to beg people to pay for your vocation.

As it turns out, you were able to beg people to pay for your vocation, and from what you told me in the PM, you came out with free $160, how nice.

I like how you only respond to me, even though 2 other people have blatantly said the same thing. You must really be butt hurt about something that happened a few months ago. Especially if you keep pressing me for a response, here it is~

As I said in a PM it's no different then a wedding registry (which we didn't have) and my husband made the post on here, yet you feel the need to attack me <.< As I also said, we paid for pretty much every thing else. $160 was helpful but nothing in the grand scheme of what we reserved on tickets/hotel/gas/food. So. Uh. Keep bringing up something that happened months ago to throw in my face for absolutely no reason.

Just like bitching about a game you don't play.

It's getting you real far ^.~
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-10 11:19:28
Link | Citer | R

People that that constantly repeat these threads are no different than the DEV team, Just recylcing old content. Damn you could of at least given us a...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 11:23:08
Link | Citer | R

I like how you only respond to me, even though 2 other people have blatantly said the same thing. You must really be butt hurt about something that happened a few months ago. Especially if you keep pressing me for a response, here it is~

As I said in a PM it's no different then a wedding registry (which we didn't have) and my husband made the post on here, yet you feel the need to attack me <.< As I also said, we paid for pretty much every thing else. $160 was helpful but nothing in the grand scheme of what we reserved on tickets/hotel/gas/food. So. Uh. Keep bringing up something that happened months ago to throw in my face for absolutely no reason.

Don't be dense, I targeted you specifically because you said:

Quote:
According to previous posts in said thread this isn't FFXI forums, they are just forums... even though this one is specifically about FFXI

Since it was me saying this forum isn't just a forum for FFXI, your post here was indirectly targeted at me.

I couldn't care less about past occurrences with you, but if it's you I happen to be posting to in current instances, I'll sure as hell use anything against you.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-10 11:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Btw I'm not bitching. I took a break until they release emp armor 119. Was not a whole lot of reason to keep doing sidegrade armor when the real meat and potatoes was coming. Yeeeeeeeeeeah, let me keep tuning up the Volkswagen Beetle for 2 more horsepower when my Ferrari being delivered next week...
My interests, you have piqued them...

Other than that stop derailing and take personal drama to PM, if someone has blocked you in PM then just let it go.

EDIT: The latter portion of this post isn't targeted at Osaia specifically.
[+]
 Cerberus.Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-11-10 11:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

Other than that stop derailing and take personal drama to PM, if someone has blocked you in PM then just let it go.

Which I did block him, the last thing me saying was taking a tip from Disney and "let it go." So he brought it to the thread. This post amuses me for the "let it go" reason alone. And thank you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 11:26:54
Link | Citer | R

There is no drama, I have no interest in Makira specifically. I'm simply responding to her with all means available as she responds to me.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 11:28:30
Link | Citer | R

Sobek farming wasn't fun. Magician trials killing x number of mobs isn't fun. What else was there before soa? Can anybody else explain to me whats the fun stuff to do pre soa?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 11:29:48
Link | Citer | R

I almost forgot about that thread. Hope everything turned out well for you two.

Sobek farming wasn't fun. Magician trials killing x number of mobs isn't fun. What else was there before soa? Can anybody else explain to me whats the fun stuff to do pre soa?

Before SoA, Sobek and Magian trials were already over. That doesn't mean they were fun, or that VW was, but those would be more relevant comparisons.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-10 11:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Which I did block him, the last thing me saying was taking a tip from Disney and "let it go." So he brought it to the thread. This post amuses me for the "let it go" reason alone. And thank you.
No need to respond to him...

There is no drama, I have no interest in Makira specifically. I'm simply responding to her with all means available as she responds to me.
...likewise no need to respond to her. This is not the place and the exchange is off topic.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9