Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 14:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Doubtful. Even McConnell has said they will give it one last try.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-11-07 14:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the point of view from over there. I guess no system is flawless. I feel like its the right idea, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-07 14:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
republicans want to work on immigration... if by immigration you mean sealing the united states up inside a giant concrete dome so no one else can get in...

that's a lot of work, looks like we'll need some mexicans.

they can work on the outside of the dome!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 14:44:30
Link | Citer | R

republicans want to work on immigration... if by immigration you mean sealing the united states up inside a giant concrete dome so no one else can get in...
Or you could go with the democrats plan, executive order making million of illegals instantly legal.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-07 14:46:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Or you could with the democrats plan, executive order making million of illegals instantly legal.

it would work if we could somehow keep midnight/the next day from coming!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-07 14:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
It's just damned if you do it again.

Trying to control the entire economy of Europe, go go Weimar Republic again!

I'm pretty sure that "control" is by default and not by actively trying. You're also forgetting Brussels there, Comrade Putin! What's funny is my grandfather had an ominous feeling and made his sentiments pretty damn clear about Southern EU nations joining the Euro.

Hindsight is 20/20, but Germany should have kept the DM, and I still can't shake the premonition of my grandfather.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-07 14:59:36
Link | Citer | R

most of the new legislation trying to be pushed through will face the same issue it has for the past 6 years... FILIBUSTER! What was once the republican way of life it will now become the democrat way of life... The president won't have to wait for anything to hit is desk... Not much will change...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-07 15:02:05
Link | Citer | R

I do wonder if Reid will be able to keep that toxic waste dump out of his backyard now though...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 15:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I do wonder if Reid will be able to keep that toxic waste dump out of his backyard now though...
No, Pelosi will forever be a Californian. Can't get rid of that mess, ever.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 15:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Gillspie Concedes VA Senate position to Warner

Quote:
Former Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie is conceding to Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) after a surprisingly close race against the sitting senator.

"I've called Mark Warner to congratulate him on his reelection," Gillespie said in a Friday press conference in Northern Virginia. "It would be wrong to put my fellow Virginians through a recount when in my head and in my heart, I know a change in the outcome is not possible."

Gillespie was viewed as a major underdog heading into Election Day against Warner, but led the senator through much of election night before Warner pulled ahead by roughly 17,000 votes. Virginia's official vote canvass concluded Friday afternoon.

"We surprised a lot of experts Tuesday night," he said.

The sunny GOP power broker remained upbeat during his concession speech, pointing out that he'd begun the race 29 points down in his internal polling and lost by a much smaller margin than public polling had predicted.

"I've loved every minute of it. Well this one, maybe not so much," he said.

Gillespie's strong showing against the popular Warner puts him in a good position to run for governor in 2017 should he decide to undertake a bid.

Gillespie stayed upbeat throughout the speech, thanking his staff and advisers one by one. But at the end, his voice cracked as he thanked his family.

"It would have been nice to be called senator but the best thing I've ever been called is dad," he said before hugging his family and some supporters on his way out the door.

Warner said later in a statement that Gillespie had indeed called him to concede, adding, "I commended him on a hard-fought campaign and wish him and his family well. I am sure Ed Gillespie will continue to contribute to the debate in Virginia and the nation."

“Representing Virginia has been the honor of my life, and I am gratified that the people of the Commonwealth have rehired me for a new term," Warner continued. "On Tuesday, Virginians sent an unmistakable message both to me and Congress as a whole: end the gridlock and get to work."

Gillespie's concession means Republicans are on pace to have 54 seats in the next Senate, assuming Alaska Republican Dan Sullivan's lead over Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska) holds and Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) defeats Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) in a runoff, as seems likely.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:59:34
Link | Citer | R

It's just damned if you do it again.

Trying to control the entire economy of Europe, go go Weimar Republic again!

I'm pretty sure that "control" is by default and not by actively trying. You're also forgetting Brussels there, Comrade Putin! What's funny is my grandfather had an ominous feeling and made his sentiments pretty damn clear about Southern EU nations joining the Euro.

Hindsight is 20/20, but Germany should have kept the DM, and I still can't shake the premonition of my grandfather.
I agree the Euro was a terrible idea.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-11-07 18:33:11
Link | Citer | R

I love how landrieu receiving 42.something percent of the vote and cassidy receiving 40 is a "Likely" defeat for landrieu. But, obviously some people are going to be electioneered or are not going to vote again...so Cassidy may just win because voters are lazy *** and cause he put out so much money you might as well just give the office to him anyway. Kinda sickening when a senator can just be ousted out of office because she's actually been doing her job since 1997 by someone who just had a shitty "Im against Obama vicariously through landrieu" attack ad playing nonstop over the radio and non-stop through facebook.

But oh well, more money for gas and oil companies! Less for our growing population! Schools, what are those?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-07 18:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
But oh well, more money for gas and oil companies! Less for our growing population! Schools, what are those?
Among the poor, the less educated they are the more likely they are to vote Republican.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 18:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Among the poor, the less educated they are the more likely they are to vote Republican.
Wealthier people vote republican. Education plays no part.

Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 19:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Both your graph and demographics say different.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-11-07 20:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Um... how to put this politely? Aren't you the very person who a day or two ago made a big point about how people don't automatically vote the party line and their vote cast for a Presidential candidate may not reliably reflect the remainder of their voting practices (which the ones that actually matter, I might add)?

That said, am I the only person who knows how to lie using numbers? I mean, the only person who knows how to do it consciously, rather than just quoting someone else's lie without reflecting on it. For instance, "All data are provided by online salary database PayScale.com. Those surveyed are predominately employed and college educated." Meaning they're not even remotely using a statistically valid sample for that chart.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 21:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

How so?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 21:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

How so?

Because the graph is of a small sample of people who elected to respond to a poll on a website, and even notes that the majority of respondents were college educated. It also doesn't address the glaring hole in the numbers, 70% of american households make 75K or less. That's not even individual incomes, which are more in the 78-80% range. If 80% of VOTERS voted Democrat, how could Republicans win a single election?

The reason education played no role is because they purposefully excluded it for the graph.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-07 22:04:14
Link | Citer | R

I love how landrieu receiving 42.something percent of the vote and cassidy receiving 40 is a "Likely" defeat for landrieu. But, obviously some people are going to be electioneered or are not going to vote again...so Cassidy may just win because voters are lazy *** and cause he put out so much money you might as well just give the office to him anyway. Kinda sickening when a senator can just be ousted out of office because she's actually been doing her job since 1997 by someone who just had a shitty "Im against Obama vicariously through landrieu" attack ad playing nonstop over the radio and non-stop through facebook.

You know, I've been watching Landrieu's campaign pretty closely since there's no chance here...

Forgot to add...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Fumiku 2014-11-07 22:24:33
Link | Citer | R

That dome will have a small slit though for the millions of dollars that are coming in from outsourced jobs!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 23:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Cassidy also had another Republican who was running against both of them.

Combine the two Republican votes together and they make up ~57-58% of the vote.

See how people are saying that Cassidy will more than likely win?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 23:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Let the celebration begin!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-07 23:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Enuyasha is just another of those low information voters. But hey she used big words like "electioneered" and "vicariously" so what she said sounded credible. Its just horrible that an incumbent Democrat that has been sitting in office for well over a decade is losing her job.

99% In
Mary Landrieu D
Incumbent 42% 618,840
Wayne Ables D
1% 11,318
William Waymire D
0% 4,669
Vallian Senegal D
0% 3,831
Bill Cassidy R
41% 602,439
Rob Maness R
14% 202,413
Thomas Clements R
1% 14,158
Brannon McMorris
Libertarian 1% 13,024

Understand why now? Should we use bigger words?
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-11-08 02:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

Enuyasha is just another of those low information voters. But hey she used big words like "electioneered" and "vicariously" so what she said sounded credible. Its just horrible that an incumbent Democrat that has been sitting in office for well over a decade is losing her job.

99% In
Mary Landrieu D
Incumbent 42% 618,840
Wayne Ables D
1% 11,318
William Waymire D
0% 4,669
Vallian Senegal D
0% 3,831
Bill Cassidy R
41% 602,439
Rob Maness R
14% 202,413
Thomas Clements R
1% 14,158
Brannon McMorris
Libertarian 1% 13,024

I saw the coverage for it. Im not a low information voter, kthx though for the flagrant assumption. In those numbers maness didnt even receive the largest portion of the vote, therefore he wont be running in the runoff. Those "Larger than you thought" numbers dont matter seeing as how it only matters (In the state of Louisiana, i dont know about cherrypickers that want to throw together random numbers for a runoff to make an "Educated" guess) about the top two candidates. and at the end of the race Cassidy was at 40.2, so someone is either rounding numbers up or there isnt correct information going around. But you may just be right, some uninformed illiterate *** here may just aswell vote in cassidy just because he's not a democrat and he makes nice pretty mouth noises about being "Against Obama".

But other than that, theres no reason to believe that landrieu cant pull over 50% of the vote with voters probably either going to realize cassidy is an idiot that is spouting fountains of ***, or all of the republican voters are going to put their hand over their faces and press the button they know is the wrong one anyway just because it says Republican under and to the right of it.

Or all those other voters who got either "0%" of the vote voting for the lesser of two evils theyve known since 1997 over some random shouting at the top of his lungs that landrieu and obama are the same people.

More than likely itll be the middle way of the road, because popular stupidity rules this state anyway with it being the closest (Theres a color other than purple that is more red than blue, but it escapes me atm) to purple of a red state.

by the way im a he and i have a somewhat large vocabulary of words i know the meanings of and know how to use. So if you'd like to come up here to an intellectual level, that'd be nice.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-08 02:57:30
Link | Citer | R

99% In
Mary Landrieu D
Incumbent 42% 618,840
Wayne Ables D
1% 11,318
William Waymire D
0% 4,669
Vallian Senegal D
0% 3,831
Bill Cassidy R
41% 602,439
Rob Maness R
14% 202,413
Thomas Clements R
1% 14,158
Brannon McMorris
Libertarian 1% 13,024

I saw the coverage for it. Im not a low information voter, kthx though for the flagrant assumption. In those numbers maness didnt even receive the largest portion of the vote, therefore he wont be running in the runoff. Those "Larger than you thought" numbers dont matter seeing as how it only matters (In the state of Louisiana, i dont know about cherrypickers that want to throw together random numbers for a runoff to make an "Educated" guess) about the top two candidates. and at the end of the race Cassidy was at 40.2, so someone is either rounding numbers up or there isnt correct information going around. But you may just be right, some uninformed illiterate *** here may just aswell vote in cassidy just because he's not a democrat and he makes nice pretty mouth noises about being "Against Obama".

But other than that, theres no reason to believe that landrieu cant pull over 50% of the vote with voters probably either going to realize cassidy is an idiot that is spouting fountains of ***, or all of the republican voters are going to put their hand over their faces and press the button they know is the wrong one anyway just because it says Republican under and to the right of it.

Or all those other voters who got either "0%" of the vote voting for the lesser of two evils theyve known since 1997 over some random shouting at the top of his lungs that landrieu and obama are the same people.

More than likely itll be the middle way of the road, because popular stupidity rules this state anyway with it being the closest (Theres a color other than purple that is more red than blue, but it escapes me atm) to purple of a red state.

Actually Math Rules..

democrats vote for Landrieu 42% + 1% + 0% + 0% + 1%

Republicans vote for Cassidy 41% +14% +1%

I even gave the democrat the libertarian vote /sigh

Do I need to add those numbers for you as well?

It's cute that you think a Republican that voted for a Republican is gonna think twice about voting for a different Republican..

Just so we are clear.. A democrat isn't a Republican, I feel all that needed to be said because I'm still not sure you understand.

I also find it interesting that you call the people that voted for the Republicans "uninformed illiterate ***" when Obama rode the uninformed illiterate *** wave into office not once but twice!

Quote:
by the way im a he and i have a somewhat large vocabulary of words i know the meanings of and know how to use. So if you'd like to come up here to an intellectual level, that'd be nice.

Anyone can toss in some big words to look smart. But your grammar is worse than mine and that is saying something!
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-11-08 03:33:51
Link | Citer | R

99% In
Mary Landrieu D
Incumbent 42% 618,840
Wayne Ables D
1% 11,318
William Waymire D
0% 4,669
Vallian Senegal D
0% 3,831
Bill Cassidy R
41% 602,439
Rob Maness R
14% 202,413
Thomas Clements R
1% 14,158
Brannon McMorris
Libertarian 1% 13,024

Actually Math Rules..

democrats vote for Landrieu 42% + 1% + 0% + 0% + 1%

Republicans vote for Cassidy 41% +14% +1%

I even gave the democrat the libertarian vote /sigh

Do I need to add those numbers for you as well?

It's cute that you think a Republican that voted for a Republican is gonna think twice about voting for a different Republican..

Just so we are clear.. A democrat isn't a Republican, I feel all that needed to be said because I'm still not sure you understand.
Mary Landrieu 42.08%
Democrat618,840
Bill Cassidy 40.96%
Republican602,439
Rob Maness 13.76%
Republican202,413
Thomas Clements 0.96%
Republican14,158
Brannon McMorris 0.89%
Libertarian13,024
Wayne Ables 0.77%
Democrat11,318
William Waymire 0.32%
Democrat4,669
Vallian Senegal 0.26%
Democrat3,831

Im not sure you understand math doesnt really play any part in voter habits either, but you seem to just gloss over that point because adding and rounding up/down at whatever number you please seems to benefit your confirmation bias anyway. Im sure you assume that those who voted for maness or the other republicans are just going to vote for Cassidy just because they are Republican, but that ignores a pretty good chunk of the citizenry here that are somewhat intelligible and if given some talking to can formulate out a decision. However, that same chunk of reasonable are highly affected by the opinions of the unreasonable. This is a tea party candidate we are talking about. those Louisiana residents will flock to the polls to eat the city grime off his shoes if it means getting rid of that evil Dem harlot Obama Satan spawn in office.

Dont try to play condescending know it all plebe with me, im way too good at that when i have the reasoning to not have to be held to any type of etiquette.

So assuming that i cant add up percentages (Even if they are the wrong ones) wont get you very far. Specially with that type of flawed logic.

Including also, that only two candidates are being propped up in this runoff. One of Which, will probably receive republican votes because noone in their right mind will vote for a tea party republican in senate after they purposefully hijacked the government. The other will get votes just cause, you know Red v. Blue. This eliminates some sort of relevance to the initial race, as many voters may well just not vote again in such large numbers or for the same parties.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-08 04:11:56
Link | Citer | R

The liberal progressives still trying to rationalize how they don't need to take another look at their platform and tone it down a notch. Or did they just decide to declare themselves the winners anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-08 07:33:03
Link | Citer | R

They should nominate a reasonable Democrat like Joe Manchin to lead the Senate minority. Harry Reid has done irreparable damage to the Senate and its role.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-08 10:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Or did they just decide to declare themselves the winners anyway.
Chaosx already beat you to it
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-08 10:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
They should nominate a reasonable Democrat like Joe Manchin to lead the Senate minority. Harry Reid has done irreparable damage to the Senate and its role.
Now you know how that doesn't work.

Pelosi is still the House Minority leader, and she did plenty of damage while she was the Speaker.

With the liberals/democrats, it's not who's right for the job, it's how loyal you are to the cause.

Cause to them, loyalty = competence.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32