Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 30 31 32
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-04 13:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
yeah! obomba would have only won by nine and a half million votes in 2008 if he didn't cheated with all those pets and dead people voting.

yeah! obomba

yeah! obomba La la BOMBA!

Damn you, Richie Valens!!!

EDIT: Ugh...Paged with that too. Great timing!

/pats self on the back
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Heimdel 2014-11-04 13:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
2) If Republicans take the Senate, then everything will go to hell because the Senate and House will shutdown the government to get Obama to agree to the budget (like they need his permission to do so anyway).

No it doesn't say they will definitely do that? Only giving the possibility?

Quote:
Though some analysts say Democrats still have a chance to preserve their hold on the Senate, most expect Republicans to capture a narrow majority. This could increase the risk of another prolonged skirmish over taxes and spending. Previous showdowns derailed consumer confidence, the stock market and job growth.

Still, it remains unclear how Republicans would steer the Senate. Few campaigns have outlined detailed policy agendas. Senate Republicans could repeat past budgetary clashes with renewed vigor. Or they could accept gridlock and pursue smaller deals on less contentious issues involving trade authority with President Barack Obama in hopes of improving their party's fortunes in the 2016 presidential election.

This creates a troubling set of uncertainties for an economy still hobbled in some ways by the resolutions from previous showdowns.

Another budget battle could paralyze businesses and consumers. Yet an eventual congressional deal could prove even more damaging. Previous agreements slowed the economy by raising taxes and slashing funding for military and social programs that can often boost the economy.

Slashing miltiary probably isn't a good idea considering the state of things in the world.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 13:54:53
Link | Citer | R

2) If Republicans take the Senate, then everything will go to hell because the Senate and House will shutdown the government to get Obama to agree to the budget (like they need his permission to do so anyway).

Quote:
Though some analysts say Democrats still have a chance to preserve their hold on the Senate, most expect Republicans to capture a narrow majority. This could increase the risk of another prolonged skirmish over taxes and spending. Previous showdowns derailed consumer confidence, the stock market and job growth.

Still, it remains unclear how Republicans would steer the Senate. Few campaigns have outlined detailed policy agendas. Senate Republicans could repeat past budgetary clashes with renewed vigor. Or they could accept gridlock and pursue smaller deals on less contentious issues involving trade authority with President Barack Obama in hopes of improving their party's fortunes in the 2016 presidential election.

This creates a troubling set of uncertainties for an economy still hobbled in some ways by the resolutions from previous showdowns.

Another budget battle could paralyze businesses and consumers. Yet an eventual congressional deal could prove even more damaging. Previous agreements slowed the economy by raising taxes and slashing funding for military and social programs that can often boost the economy.
Thanks for that, it just shows the emphasis they are placing on their doomsday predictions.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 14:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for that, it just shows the emphasis they are placing on their doomsday predictions.

Commenting on how something may possibly hurt the economy on a unknown scale = doomsday.

Next up 10% chances of 5-10mm rain tomorrow = FLOOD.

The possibility of holding the economy hostage in budget negotiations isn't a new thing, either. It's hardly a leap in logic that future budget negotiations could involve threats of government shutdowns or default, regardless of how the elections go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-04 14:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Meh, none of this speculation means much to me. I'm more interested in watching MSNBC so I can see Chris Matthews have another nervous breakdown.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 15:00:40
Link | Citer | R

Commenting on how something may possibly hurt the economy on a unknown scale = doomsday.

Next up 10% chances of 5-10mm rain tomorrow = FLOOD.
Tell that to MSN and CNBC. They are the one's making such bold predictions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 15:02:50
Link | Citer | R

In other news, Bexar County election office forgets a candidate for Texas Governor's race.

Figures it's Greg Abbot.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 15:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Heimdel said: »

Quote:

Slashing miltiary probably isn't a good idea considering the state of things in the world.
Yeah the U.S. needs to fund more terrorists and give them more weapons.
By volkom 2014-11-04 15:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Quote:

I like that old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing when both sides have a common foe. However that temporary ally always seems to be worse than the group we're trying to get rid of.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 16:10:44
Link | Citer | R

76.2% chance republicans control senate with 53 seats in the lead now. Even last night's daily show was declaring a republican victory. Probably why tonight's guest is Rinse Prius (Reince Priebus).
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-11-04 18:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Obama says he sees 'worst possible' Senate map since Eisenhower
By fonewear 2014-11-04 18:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Wolf Blitzer was unfrozen to bring you these election results !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-04 18:50:42
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Wolf Blitzer was unfrozen to bring you these election results !

You're just mad your name isn't Wolf Blitzer and you don't have a Situation Room.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-04 18:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Meh, none of this speculation means much to me. I'm more interested in watching MSNBC so I can see Chris Matthews have another nervous breakdown.

lololololol.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-04 18:53:03
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

Quote:

I like that old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing when both sides have a common foe. However that temporary ally always seems to be worse than the group we're trying to get rid of.

It's what happens when you give warriors of God modern weapons and training that includes how to massacre civilian populations.

We need another Osama Bin Laden to fight ISIS for us. Oh wai-
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-04 20:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Amusing.

Won't make any difference.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-04 20:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Probably been practicing in front of the mirror since last week
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 20:46:17
Link | Citer | R

So with 93.59% reporting, it looks like Ed Gillespie might win VA. That was unexpected, lol. The polls have VA at 99% democrat.

Still too close to call as it's 981,699 votes to 975,284.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-04 20:50:25
Link | Citer | R

So with 93.59% reporting, it looks like Ed Gillespie might win VA. That was unexpected, lol. The polls have VA at 99% democrat.

Wow. I didn't even think Virginia was in the realm of possibilities.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 21:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Nothing is outside the realm of possibilities when the public is as pissed as it is right now.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-04 21:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Nothing is outside the realm of possibilities when the public is as pissed as it is right now.

not pissed enough'
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 21:12:51
Link | Citer | R

It's close too.

Here's an update:
Quote:
VA, Senate - 95.89% reporting
Ed Gillespie 48.83%
Republican 1,002,843

Mark Warner 48.46%
Democrat 995,257

Robert Sarvis 2.70%
Libertarian 55,515
Source: AP
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-04 21:20:30
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. I guess it depends on which precincts have yet to report. If it's a major city like Richmond or something, the Dems have a shot. It'll be close either way, though.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 21:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. I guess it depends on which precincts have yet to report. If it's a major city like Richmond or something, the Dems have a shot. It'll be close either way, though.

7,500 vote margin, it wouldn't even have to be a big or VERY blue district, either. That's about as close as races get. I'd imagine there'll be recounts unless it tips pretty hard one way or another.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 21:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile in North Carolina:

Quote:
K. Hagan* (D)
Percent: 47%
Votes: 1,136,917

T. Tillis (R)
Percent: 49%
Votes: 1,176,951

84% Reporting
Source CBS
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-04 21:33:58
Link | Citer | R

7,500 vote margin, it wouldn't even have to be a big or VERY blue district, either. That's about as close as races get. I'd imagine there'll be recounts unless it tips pretty hard one way or another.

Okay, yeah, it looks like Richmond was one of them. Latest numbers seem to show the Dems pulling ahead there. I wouldn't bet against a recount at this stage.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 21:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Okay, yeah, it looks like Richmond was one of them. Latest numbers seem to show the Dems pulling ahead there. I wouldn't bet against a recount at this stage.
Ouch Warner's up by almost 3k votes now.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 30 31 32