On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 95 96 97
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-20 08:39:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
SimonSes said: »
Maybe S-E should adjust scholar and red mage to be more versatile so there's not one healing job way out in front of the rest.

What? WHM is THE healing. It should obviously be ahead of other jobs for healing. RDM and SCH are hybrid jobs. Beside helaing RDM can melee and debuffs with great success and also nukes quite well, at least solo MB on own SC. SCH can create skillchains and apply DoTs very well and is also not bad at nuking. Has also very potent Regen spells. WHM has mostly only cures, status removals and better raise. It obviously should be much better when he is so specialized in it and limited in everything else.

Name me one other MMO with a single healer class? XIV has 3 healers. World of Warcraft has 5. The healing role has largely been relegated to alts because its balance is garbage.

Sch is technically a healer here, but whm is the only healer because theyd need a full redesign of multiple jobs to have multiple healers be effective. If a sch could heal well, youd see far less whms, given a sch can heal and handle a blm run, so just level and gear sch.

Whm is botted often not because healing isnt balanced, but because healing in ffxi is boring, and whm is the hardest job to actually play, given a mistake on your job is a wipe, whereas a mistake on a DD is just a dead DD. People dont like that level of stress, yet SE keeps trying to increase the speed of fights, making the room for error or time to do something that isnt a heal very slim.

People like healers in 14 because they can do things other than cure, and are legitimate DDs in their own right. Hell, astro's rng buff mechanic is at least FUN.
By DaneBlood 2019-04-20 09:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Maybe S-E should adjust scholar and red mage to be more versatile so there's not one healing job way out in front of the rest.

What? WHM is THE healing. It should obviously be ahead of other jobs for healing. RDM and SCH are hybrid jobs. Beside helaing RDM can melee and debuffs with great success and also nukes quite well, at least solo MB on own SC. SCH can create skillchains and apply DoTs very well and is also not bad at nuking. Has also very potent Regen spells. WHM has mostly only cures, status removals and better raise. It obviously should be much better when he is so specialized in it and limited in everything else.

Name me one other MMO with a single healer class? XIV has 3 healers. World of Warcraft has 5. The healing role has largely been relegated to alts because its balance is garbage.

Sch is technically a healer here, but whm is the only healer because theyd need a full redesign of multiple jobs to have multiple healers be effective. If a sch could heal well, youd see far less whms, given a sch can heal and handle a blm run, so just level and gear sch.

Whm is botted often not because healing isnt balanced, but because healing in ffxi is boring, and whm is the hardest job to actually play, given a mistake on your job is a wipe, whereas a mistake on a DD is just a dead DD. People dont like that level of stress, yet SE keeps trying to increase the speed of fights, making the room for error or time to do something that isnt a heal very slim.

People like healers in 14 because they can do things other than cure, and are legitimate DDs in their own right. Hell, astro's rng buff mechanic is at least FUN.

considering that people her selectively play 11 over 14 i don't see the logic in that because 14 is doing something so should 11.

I am for once not liking how newer MMO give every class some kind of healing because "hey otherwise it to hard" and "Team up is to difficult"
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-20 10:36:04
Link | Citer | R

I have to admit, Whm is strangely hard to play right but exceedingly boring.

Really hard to cure, heal status, buffs and watching everything.

I am at the point where I am a bot assisted Whm. I setup the bot to do everything but throws in a few critical cures and esuna and move around when needed.

A trust Whm probably do better than a newbie whm.

I would love to see the job being less stressful with status healing and stuff.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-20 13:15:08
Link | Citer | R

You shouldn't have to have a mythic weapon to make WHM tolerable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-20 13:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Healing is too important. and under rewarded. Entire events hinge completely on accidentally curing the wrong person even one time.

It's an unreasonable request.

DD a glasscannon? Whms fault.
Weak buffs and the fight takes too long? Whms fault.
Weak DD and the fight takes too long? Whms fault.
Tank doesn't hold enmity and dd's get killed? Whms fault.
Unhasted? Even though there is a GEO? Whms fault.

You know... back in the day. It wasn't so bad to heal. But these days *** literally everything, every single move, even melee attacks inflict debuffs. It's not worth it anymore.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-20 13:42:08
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »

considering that people her selectively play 11 over 14 i don't see the logic in that because 14 is doing something so should 11.

I am for once not liking how newer MMO give every class some kind of healing because "hey otherwise it to hard" and "Team up is to difficult"

Well, no one really cares about your opinion. The fact is healing in 11 is boring, and not something people enjoy, so most people are forced to bot it. Unless whm/healing becomes (and is allowed to be) more than just looking at red bars all day, healer will always be a botted role.

And im saying this as a non bot whm.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-20 13:57:44
Link | Citer | R

You are a really arrogant person, aren't you... Opinions are their view of things. You can't just say no one cares about it. Many might think that about your views on other jobs which you clearly know nothing about.

I'm saying this as a bot all jobs.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-20 14:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Eh, I have fun playing WHM but I enjoy most of the jobs in this game.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-20 14:17:46
Link | Citer | R

If all white mage had to do was cure it wouldn't be so bad. But people *** and moan if they have paralyze on for 2 seconds...

No matter what you do on white mage it is never enough.

It requires a lot of focus to play white mage really well.

That or you have terrible white mages that only cure you when you are in red....
[+]
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-04-20 14:26:35
Link | Citer | R

I personally prefer healing on SCH. I aoe RegenV every 10 minutes for about 80/tic and pay attention to the tank between then.

That said, some fights are just too AoE happy and those fights are WHM fights.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-04-20 14:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But these days *** literally everything, every single move, even melee attacks inflict debuffs. It's not worth it anymore.

Agreed. I have WHM mained for all of my FFXI life. I went into an ambuscade a long time ago and basically I needed a Yagrush (which I didn't have) and had pretty flawless gear otherwise with over a decade of main healing alliances under my belt. I simply could not keep everyone from being constantly debuffed /and/ be asked to watch HP meters at the same time. That led me to having to basically leave on things which made me cringe to know were low priority debuffs. It turned me off of ambuscade forever. I havn't went back in a single time. Granted... a WHM trust would have totally *** up because they are hard-coded for priority status resolutions and would have blown their entire MP pool, but yeah. I agree they have went overboard with AoE multi-debuff spam.

Of course "WHM's fault".
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-20 14:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Blame the tank and the DDs... If people complain don't remove ***lol. Make them remove their own status.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-20 15:02:04
Link | Citer | R

See, there needs to be a balance, just healing is boring so I like when I have to keep an eye out for enfeebles and stuff. But some fights are TOO “interesting” and it goes from fun to stressful. I think it’s a case of SE handling power creep badly, just throwing a ton of damage and debuffs all at once over and over and calling it hard. It’s only hard for the people that actually have to deal with most of the time (the tanks and the healers).
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-20 15:07:06
Link | Citer | R

That is exactly why the "good" tanks emphasize on bringing your own medicines... good tanks know how annoying enfeebles are when they actually hit hard, so always good to help a whm out. DDs should try to as well, but higher parse = bigger weenie.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-20 15:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Same can be said for dt sets for dds, goes a long way
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-20 15:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Buff Yagrush, make it erase 2 status debuffs by itself, 3 with neck.
By Nariont 2019-04-20 15:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Drop divine seal to 1 min so whm has a natural way to aoe na that isnt on an absurd timer
By cuddlyhamster 2019-04-20 15:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Divine Caress no longer wears off upon successful debuff removal and can now stack multiple different debuffs
By Jetackuu 2019-04-20 16:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Drop divine seal to 1 min so whm has a natural way to aoe na that isnt on an absurd timer

It's called get a Yagrush.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-20 16:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Blame the tank and the DDs... If people complain don't remove ***lol. Make them remove their own status.

"Use a *** remedy" tanks get priority status removals, if you're a DD and you're in when getting cursed it's your own fault if you die.

Same when they run out of range, fight ***in no -dt gear and wonder why they're dead. ***'em.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-20 17:08:45
Link | Citer | R

You are a really arrogant person, aren't you... Opinions are their view of things. You can't just say no one cares about it. Many might think that about your views on other jobs which you clearly know nothing about.

I'm saying this as a bot all jobs.

Its not arrogance. Unsubjective fact is unsubjective fact. People dont play whm here because its not fun. People play healers in other games because theyre allowed to do more than just heal, and jobs are self sufficient at least for a small period of time.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-20 17:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Whm is fun. I don't know what you mean.
The part about WHM not being fun probably comes from playing with toxic people who blame the WHM and make them feel like ***.
If your group wipes just blame the whm. It's the easiest way to avoid taking responsibility.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-20 17:23:02
Link | Citer | R

People play healers in other games because theyre allowed to do more than just heal, and jobs are self sufficient at least for a small period of time.

while im all for whm having more utility ability, i can usually do other stuff than heal just fine on whm, whether that be applying debuffs or reapplying buffs, id love to DD while i do it but at he same time thats typically more trouble than its worth unless the fights controlled, as for other jobs, they got defensive tools, most are pretty effective, sides thf i think, thf hops into a DT set and prays, so while not every job can just pop a mini heal, they can take some abuse, depending on the content
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-20 17:25:21
Link | Citer | R

The part about WHM not being fun probably comes from playing with toxic people who blame the WHM and make them feel like ***.
If your group wipes just blame the whm. It's the easiest way to avoid taking responsibility.

I like whm too, but again, very few people like it. Thats the point. The job is strictly not designed to be enjoyable.
By Afania 2019-04-20 17:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
But these days *** literally everything, every single move, even melee attacks inflict debuffs. It's not worth it anymore.

Agreed. I have WHM mained for all of my FFXI life. I went into an ambuscade a long time ago and basically I needed a Yagrush (which I didn't have)

Which ambuscade? I dont recall any ambu needs yagrush.

I like whm too, but again, very few people like it. Thats the point. The job is strictly not designed to be enjoyable.

Opinions. I find the job enjoyable because of everything people complain about it in this discussion.

Whm is totally capable of DDing too. Ambu club and mystic boon are designed to do exactly that.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Serveur: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-20 17:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Most jobs are worthless without at least 1 key ultimate weapon. I think that WHM scrapes by with just needing Yagrush is just fine. It's not like making a mythic is hard in 2019. Don't even have to AG it.

Could be worse. Could be Bard.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-20 17:38:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm a Yagrush, 15-year-WHM and yes, objectively WHM is not a whole lot of fun. Others already said it, but we really are limited because with a 3-second cooldown on casting another spell, as it literally makes it dangerous to cast a single other spell. People look down on us if anyone dies even if no one says it, even though plenty of other people could be backup healing in an alliance situation if they were paying any attention. It's also one of the few jobs where it can be dangerous to ever look away at the screen, for any moment. Even a few seconds of distraction can result in bad timing where someone gets critically damaged and the healer can't react in time before the next damaging move comes. Any job can suffer from distraction, but WHM is responsible for literally everyone in a party, sometimes even in an alliance, including the distracted ones.

Yagrush made the job a lot more tolerable, but it's still a job I play to be helpful more than any joy I get in playing the job.
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-20 17:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Also, I love that the most active topic for months in the WHM guide is whether anyone even enjoys playing the job.
By Jetackuu 2019-04-20 17:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Most jobs are worthless without at least 1 key ultimate weapon. I think that WHM scrapes by with just needing Yagrush is just fine. It's not like making a mythic is hard in 2019. Don't even have to AG it.

You don't even have to 119 it. Just a lot of people are really lazy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-20 18:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Banhammer said: »

Rema should NEVER be a prereq for a job to function. The suggestion is utterly stupid and goes against all notions of game design.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 95 96 97