On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 95 96 97
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 14:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, a good cure set (by extension Curaga Set) is all you need on most everything, even T4s. I've only done Tumult Curator once and we wiped to astral flow, nothing I could have done there.

The keys after cure sets and fc are:
Curse set for dooms
Enhancing Duration set
Relic Pants for barspells + Ebers Set bonus (Beneficus too)
Divine Caress set (makes life easier)
Regen Duration set (optional, but situationally useful).

Yagrush imo is completely not needed for any content, but it sure does make status cures a lot easier. I'm 11k Alex away. Ebers +1 head/Strap are good until you have it for 23% AoE.

The only content I can't speak to is Master Trials, because I dont' have master whm.

I've never really needed a balls to the wall magic evasion set, although I see the appeal. Nothing ever one shots me. I'm usually the last person standing, but it would be nice to have one for resisting some of the pesky debuffs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 15:29:12
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying it's not amazing, I'm just saying it is 100% not necessary to participate in most content.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-22 15:54:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
at the end of the day, if you have a decent fc set and 50% cure potency you are pretty much ready to be invited to all content

gear inflation made t4, tumult, and MT all trivial too

don't worry, if you're trying on whm you're fine

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-22 17:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Yagrush is a convenience, more than a necessity.

At the end of the day, the job is all about forethought, situational awareness and reaction speed. If a WHM has an abundance of those things, they can 'get by' without a Yag if they are just willing to work harder. Even in melee situations, Afflatus Misery/Esuna is a really good (better) alternative.

If a WHM is slow, stupid and unprepared... or even just average... Yag isn't going to save the day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 17:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Geo has the same problem with Idris. For endgame content, there are zero reasons not to get a Yagrush or Idris. You're only making things more difficult on yourself and team.

Just dont get mad when that pick up group chooses the REMA.

Dont get mad when that linkshell recruits the REMA over you.

Dont get mad when your current ls recruits the new yag whm "just to help."

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

See bolded. I'd be able to war/sam/cor/rdm/drg if they'd do that... wouldn't make me sad at all... :D

In all seriousness, It's in the works, just takes me time because I only have so much time to work on it and other things I'm trying to do.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-05-22 18:41:55
Link | Citer | R

I dunno I'm kinda with Alfy on this one. Yagrush is really, really big. No one is saying you *need* it, but if you're a serious WHM, everyone in your linkshell will feel the pain of you not having it. Unless they've never had a Yag WHM, then they won't know how much less stressful this game can be.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-22 19:06:34
Link | Citer | R

I agree with you guys. Right now there isn't any content our LS has lost due to me not having Yagrush.

I'm building it, but at the same time I'm funneling HMPs and HPBs over to my brother who is building an Empy Harp and an Idris at the same time. He just finished the harp, so I can turn HMPs into Alex now.

It'll happen, I just don't have the resources to make it happen tomorrow.
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-05-23 04:24:28
Link | Citer | R

don't see TP + ws since a long time ^^ ppl can post them to check ^^
By geigei 2018-05-23 05:15:39
Link | Citer | R

I made yagrush for my whm mule, is a life saver.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Syuevil
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2018-05-23 09:03:50
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
So what set up do you use to kill Tumult if not AC burning it?

We just did this a couple nights ago. We did a melee setup with two Samurais as the damage who got Perfect Defense and used Yaegasumi to burn him down.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-23 10:49:06
Link | Citer | R

So what set up do you use to kill Tumult if not AC burning it?

2 pt, 1 super tank adds, melee pt kill NM one by one. DD RUN is incredibly good as melee here due to high survivability and ability to use one for all to survive AF.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Well if it needed 2hours anyway then there is no point in not using SMNs.... What about a strat that you can stay there and do multiple times without having to go and refresh your 2hrs.

Melee PW2 is the hardest fight in game, would say it's even harder than all 3 master trials, all T4 and all ambuscade VD.

So far chance is that you aren't going to sit there and spam it over and over without 1hr, more likely that you need every resources available and wipe at least once.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-23 11:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, JP melee strat mainly revolves around a rotating 3-4 step Radiance/Umbra cycle. Can pump out ridiculous amounts of damage w/ enough teamwork/coordination.
 Bismarck.Syuevil
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2018-05-23 12:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Well if it needed 2hours anyway then there is no point in not using SMNs.... What about a strat that you can stay there and do multiple times without having to go and refresh your 2hrs.

You asked for a strategy on how to kill it, not farm it. I just figured you didn't have access to summoners the way you worded your question originally, sorry. I don't really know of a time effect farming method, but it doesn't really seem like a fight that is conducive to farming, it's supposed to be one of the hardest in the game.

Maybe split the damage to Samurais and DD Runefencers and bring and an extra Summoner(2) and Corsair(2). Can Melee the first with Perfect Defense, Astral Conduit the second pull, then you have two shots at Wild cards resetting everything and repeating the process if your SPs aren't ready yet.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-23 13:27:12
Link | Citer | R

rng setup doesn't need 1hrs, and meleeing it is making it harder on yourself for literally no reason

smn is still best though, because SE won't fix enmity on it and SMN is the only job that doesn't have to worry about it at all

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-05-23 13:55:41
Link | Citer | R

I like how all threads turn into SMN :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-23 16:34:34
Link | Citer | R

RNG strat requires how many chars?
About same as melee, 8-10.

RNG RNG COR BRD GEO WHM
RUN SCH

would be bare minimum I can see winning. Nothing until tumult itself is much to speak of, you occasionally pull hate even with Coronach because old zones have stupid enmity mechanics. WHM stands away from RNGs to not die.

Tank needs to be popper and also have hate, so avatars all target them. Disband right before avatar pops without claim, so tank is outside party with hate and RNGs are inside party with claim. So, tank disbands at 77% or so. If tank still has claim, a single RNG disbands and joins tank's party to push it to 74%(that RNG will die, you can arise them, no big deal). Usually, when the tank drops the alliance still has claim and you can just poke it down the rest then reinvite after AF.

Avatars all pop on tank and don't hit anyone else not in tank's party at the time they spawned, so 1hr is harmless. RUN can use one for all, and COR save random deal/wild card to accelerate timers on it. PLD tank can work too, they can eat AF without dying reliably as long as they have a decent phalanx set and 87.5 MDT.

RNG doesn't get intimidated, doesn't have to deal with debuffs, has no accuracy issues whatsoever. Even the last form drops 20%/minute or more if you can blindly DPS, you just need to slow down so RUN has one for all on each AF.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-23 16:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Note that SMN can also do it without 1hrs, you don't need conduit burn if you coordinate healing. Volt Strike is still reliable damage and Tumult's HP is unimpressive.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 95 96 97