On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 95 96 97
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 21:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Yeah lol

Hexa at 1000, black halo at 2000, and Judgment at 3000
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-28 21:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
With Joachim + sushi don't have any acc issues. Says 95% acc.

Bream sushi is something around +81 accuracy. Whats your base acc, without ionis, food or buffs as a WHM? Use /checkparam.

I say that because mages have ***for accuracy gear, even worse then heavy DD who really get shited on. 850 in TP gear would make you 160 under 75% hit rate or 200 under cap. Even at 900 in TP gear your still 150 under, bream leaves you with ~70 to make up from somewhere.

So like I said, something doesn't add up.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 23:44:17
Link | Citer | R

It is confusing me too. I check the data, it applies the 25% from DW3 if subbing nin. But, it just drops the DPS like 200-300 points every time I switch from club/shield and /war to /nin with dual clubs. The only time it comes close is with tama OAT and that is only on garbage mobs due to the acc.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 23:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Without food/ionis/buffs I am at 941 acc, and 1048 attack with Yagrush. Obviously more if I swap to Nehushtan which is +25 dmg, +14 acc/attack, and +3% DA
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-29 01:15:09
Link | Citer | R

It is confusing me too. I check the data, it applies the 25% from DW3 if subbing nin. But, it just drops the DPS like 200-300 points every time I switch from club/shield and /war to /nin with dual clubs. The only time it comes close is with tama OAT and that is only on garbage mobs due to the acc.

Should be 25+7 as you should also switch your earrings to the DW set earrings. In any case you shouldn't be seeing such a sharp drop in DPS so something isn't right somewhere. I'll check it when I get home.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-29 02:10:13
Link | Citer | R

What clubs would you suggest? I have mostly all of them minus Relic and Empy. Since no combo I put in the SS with any amount of DW comes close to /war with one club
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-29 04:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Blurred Rod, either NQ or HQ has the best raw DPS for off hand weapons. A perfectly augmented Nesh might also fit but that really depends on how much accuracy you need. I'm run the quick math and I'm not seeing how Yagrush solo is winning, it's MA is nice but not nice enough to overcome the DPS increase /NIN DW. There is a reason THF, BLU, DNC and NIN all dual wield with their mythics, WHM and club doesn't have anything special to changes this.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-29 05:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I have a couple. Just saying regardless of the main hand weapon(neh, yag etc) all say they come in best single handing over dual wield.

What are you getting? What set/s are you using? Preferably on CP mobs

Obviously open to suggestions, since WHM jps suck to do compared to most all other jobs
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-29 05:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I have a couple. Just saying regardless of the main hand weapon(neh, yag etc) all say they come in best single handing over dual wield.

Then something is broken on your end. The math behind DW vs single was done a long time ago and it's not even a contest. 32% DW is a 47% increase in melee DPS with an addition hit being added to WS along with 60~70% more TP return on WS.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-29 05:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Assume it is Mote's SS then. Because I thought the same, this math couldn't possibly be right and got the SS again. Still came out the same. Meh
By Erlayn 2015-10-31 15:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have an up to date (Aug2015+) lua they would like to share? I would be much appreciated.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-10-31 18:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I'll be updating the one in the OP in the next week or so, it works as intended just needs updated gearsets.

Although if you want one like Mote's you're better off seeking someone else.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-06 12:31:54
Link | Citer | R

If SE ever lets us use other item space areas for macros / gives us more item space... ^o^

ItemSet 339172

(Please make a WHM bow SE~ ; ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-11-20 00:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tested how strong full cure stoneskin is?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-20 18:37:19
Link | Citer | R

95% isn't capped for dual wielders I thought they increased main hand accuracy while keeping your offhand gimp, you should be seeing something closer akin to 97% no?

Just a quick Pre Lim test using Scoreboard, Dual Wielding using a similar set up to yours, DW did 39% more overall damage.

I have no idea how you got the numbers you did.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-22 19:43:53
Link | Citer | R

What it the lastest say on healing skill helping on curna vs doom?
Keep getting differenet info.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-22 20:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
doom

Cursna - Removes curse and bane from target.

Skill: Healing Magic

[bane: Bane is a more potent type of Curse that drastically reduces maximum HP, MP, and movement speed.]

Although it is not indicated by the help text, Cursna also has a chance to remove Doom from player characters (the success rate may increase with healing magic skill).

Cursna enhancing items (above) increase the success rate of Doom removal. Verification Needed

from BG Wiki
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-22 22:25:06
Link | Citer | R

FFXIclopedia:
This spell also attempts to remove Doom, however it is not guaranteed to succeed. Chance of success is not dependent on Healing Magic skill level, but can be raised with certain equipment.

This guide:
Finally, Healing Magic skill affects the power of your cures and the rate you can remove doom with Cursna.

Your Quote from BG:
Although it is not indicated by the help text, Cursna also has a chance to remove Doom from player characters (the success rate may increase with healing magic skill).

So one says no, one says yes, and one says maybe. Not really that conclusive.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-11-22 22:31:59
Link | Citer | R

There was a post in japanese on the offical forums saying healing magic skill affects doom, they didn't say how much though.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20454?p=275546&viewfull=1#post275546
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-22 22:39:46
Link | Citer | R

TY fenrir i remembered they did say something officially i just coudn't remember what it was.

I just founds Prothescars test. He concludes that it seems to find no real boost from healing skill

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124448-Cursna-Testing/page2

however when he did only increase his healing skill by roughly 10% his succes rate did incraese around 10% as well (from 22% to 24%). however the difference seems to be to small to be of real evidence.

I think ill just focus on fastcast and haste gar and cursna gear for this set then.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-22 23:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

95% isn't capped for dual wielders I thought they increased main hand accuracy while keeping your offhand gimp, you should be seeing something closer akin to 97% no?

Just a quick Pre Lim test using Scoreboard, Dual Wielding using a similar set up to yours, DW did 39% more overall damage.

Every time I plugged it in, /war with one club was beating. Assume since the delay on a lot of clubs is 350+ each. Not sure though
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-22 23:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Every time I plugged it in, /war with one club was beating. Assume since the delay on a lot of clubs is 350+ each. Not sure though

Absolute delay is irrelevant, only DMG vs Delay matters. Things like Haste and DW are percentile adjustments and effect 999 delay the same as 150 delay. The only time where absolute delay matters is in TP return from WS and that heavily favors DW builds over SW.

Every time I ran the numbers DW came out ahead by a very large margin.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-22 23:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Well, you can get DW+ on the Chironic set now as well. So, can cap with marches down. But, would have to use a haste belt or w/e
By minikomby 2015-11-28 00:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Does cure potency +5 count toward the cap cure potency 50%?
or that is cure potency II?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-28 09:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Absolute delay is irrelevant, only DMG vs Delay matters. Things like Haste and DW are percentile adjustments and effect 999 delay the same as 150 delay. The only time where absolute delay matters is in TP return from WS and that heavily favors DW builds over SW.

Every time I ran the numbers DW came out ahead by a very large margin.

This isn't a true representation of how Delay works in this game, once the base delay of your weapon is low enough, you are no longer loosing TP for equipping more dual wield/Martial Arts, I think it's around 150/140 delay is the low end (300 on dual wield) this was a big thing back in the day for Thief's using a certain set of daggers. While your post was number accurate, it's meaning wasn't obviously apparent for anyone who reads this later, and doesn't check on another class because they took the information as gospel.

But it's irrelevant I guess, WHM can't attain those kind of numbers in delay (yet).

Simple maths however explains her issue with why Dual Wield with an OAT weapon is providing a negative impact, her OAT weapon being in her main hand means any OAT proc in that hand gains say 300 TP a hit, when dual wielding this could potentially drop to say ~ 150, instead of getting 900 TP from an OAT proc, she gets 45 plus the offhand hit of 150, totaling 600.

Once I have 900 TP I only need 1 melee attack to get 1050 TP, with Dual Wield, there is potential I would need 2 more attack rounds assuming no further OAT Proc.

Also the Inherent gain from Dual Wield in Weaponskills is the additional hit it provides which buffs low hitting weaponskills (Slightly), an OAT Weapon on certain weaponskills would hit the Number of hits per weaponskill cap rather easily, meaning this additional damage from dual wielding is completely lost.

These things can massively skewer how the potential parser results.

Now, factoring another aspect if we assume the WHM is meleeing using a shield, with a good block rating, the damage taken from a shield instead of dual wielding (as parry is main hand exclusive) could in it self be the potential to make the shield the better choice when using a Double attack heavy Build and an OAT weapon.

But the spreadsheets don't factor in damage taken + damage reduction affecting real time damage as it assumes some external healing source.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-28 21:57:35
Link | Citer | R

What clubs would you suggest? I have mostly all of them minus Relic and Empy. Since no combo I put in the SS with any amount of DW comes close to /war with one club

Have you checked that both sets have the same buffs being applied? As they inherintly don't normally.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-28 22:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Same buffs etc. It just automatically drops when I switch from shield to club. But, I have gone with DW and set it up in my lua.

Been going with:
ItemSet 338496 in Reisen(OAT/ACC Tama) and had no acc issues sub nin. Had acc issues on Apex Raptors and swapped to Acc/QA/DA Nehushtan. Swap into Shetal Stone for when marches are down.

Yag should be around 190 dmg, 269 skill, and 217 mdmg after the update. Makes me wonder what will be the base damage for Mjollnir
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-29 10:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Same buffs etc. It just automatically drops when I switch from shield to club. But, I have gone with DW and set it up in my lua.

Been going with:
ItemSet 338496 in Reisen(OAT/ACC Tama) and had no acc issues sub nin. Had acc issues on Apex Raptors and swapped to Acc/QA/DA Nehushtan. Swap into Shetal Stone for when marches are down.

Yag should be around 190 dmg, 269 skill, and 217 mdmg after the update. Makes me wonder what will be the base damage for Mjollnir

Odd because the only way I got shield pushing ahead was by having different buffs on the set 2.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-11-29 10:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Also the Inherent gain from Dual Wield in Weaponskills is the additional hit it provides which buffs low hitting weaponskills (Slightly), an OAT Weapon on certain weaponskills would hit the Number of hits per weaponskill cap rather easily, meaning this additional damage from dual wielding is completely lost.
For the record, the only form of OAX that works on WS is mythic AM3. So Tamaxchi's OAT isn't going to be enhancing WS at all.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 95 96 97